Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,483 members, 7,781,445 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:30 PM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 - Travel (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (583651 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (616) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by princetigris(m): 10:54am On Mar 15, 2019
Congrats babe.
Mystique20:
Hi everyone!

So I stumbled upon this site late last year and it's been AMAZING, I've laughed, dragged people, been dragged, learned a lot and contributed the little I know, made really great friends who I'd love to have forever. On here I made friends who helped me every step of the way, whenever I had issues (I MEAN SOMEONE I'VE NEVER MET HELPED ME GET AN INTERVIEW DATE) and to all of them I say thank you, it's been wonderful meeting you all.

Now that I'm done speaking English and making sure my degree fees have been well spent, here's my time-line :
Interview date: 11th February
AM: 12th March (7:24 am) I spilled my tea!
Sent passport and insurance : 14th March.

Hoping to get all back next week, all the best to everyone expecting a response.

@kingucc
@immafrank (detailed and composed responses always)
@fabcol (my panla fish)
@bukolaakin
Cc eldee
Heybaby

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Fabcol(m): 10:58am On Mar 15, 2019
An affidavit from Court would solve that.. No worries
You wouldn't v issues at all with certification. They hardly even check the originals except you are using the embassy.
Just ensure when u are making application you forward both the affidavit and birth certificate

obibanks:
Goodmorning house, I just secured my transcript only to discover my school made a mistake in my date of birth and state of origin (but LGA is correct). They wrote August 18th instead of March 18th. Can it still be certified by High court if I attach my birth certificate? The process of getting these transcripts is really difficult

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Eldeee(m): 11:03am On Mar 15, 2019
obibanks:
Goodmorning house, I just secured my transcript only to discover my school made a mistake in my date of birth and state of origin (but LGA is correct). They wrote August 18th instead of March 18th. Can it still be certified by High court if I attach my birth certificate? The process of getting these transcripts is really difficult

I would suggest you go back to your school and correct that page where the whole mistake is. I don't know how far you are from your school, but if you possibly can, it's best you correct that mistake once and for all. I am actually saying this based on the assumption that you will apply to several schools in Germany, and you don't know how they will see the inconsistencies in your documents. Germans are usually crazy about date of birth and you never can tell who will review your application and how they might react to such.

Alternatively you can do an affidavit to cover up for the mistake, but I just don't know how they will see it. You know apart from school, you will still need the transcript for student visa interview. So the choice remains yours. All the very best.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by SyberKate(f): 11:44am On Mar 15, 2019
Annestacia:

Go to the bank, I used first bank but maybe you can check any other though I'm not sure which one. Tell them you want to pay for NOUN transcript, once you pay they'll give you a print out. After that then apply to them through their email address academicoffice@noun.edu.ng requesting for your undergraduate transcript stating both your name, matriculation number and school year, also attach a soft copy of the print out. Payment for international transcript is 10,000 and 5,000 for local.
I did this still no word from them I later call the registrar they said I have to go to my study centre to start the application process
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Kuchiowong(m): 11:45am On Mar 15, 2019
Mystique20:
Hi everyone!

So I stumbled upon this site late last year and it's been AMAZING, I've laughed, dragged people, been dragged, learned a lot and contributed the little I know, made really great friends who I'd love to have forever. On here I made friends who helped me every step of the way, whenever I had issues (I MEAN SOMEONE I'VE NEVER MET HELPED ME GET AN INTERVIEW DATE) and to all of them I say thank you, it's been wonderful meeting you all.

Now that I'm done speaking English and making sure my degree fees have been well spent, here's my time-line :

Hoping to get all back next week, all the best to everyone expecting a response.

@kingucc
@fabcol (my panla fish)
@bukolaakin
Cc eldee
Heybaby
Congrat dear, Gods will would always be fulfilled

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by heybaby12(f): 12:07pm On Mar 15, 2019
Mystique20:
Hi everyone!

@kingucc
@fabcol (my panla fish)
@bukolaakin
Cc eldee
Heybaby
Congrats dearie

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Magma012: 12:39pm On Mar 15, 2019
congratulations Mystique20 go and excel.

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by gentyholar: 12:52pm On Mar 15, 2019
Was here.

Still compiling grin
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by bukolaakin: 12:57pm On Mar 15, 2019
Hello Fabcol, my Goettingen friend. Lol!! Trust you are great...wish good success ahead.
Fabcol:
Lol
Big fish ..you made it!! Congratulation!!!! Am happy for you.
I should not remind you my beer(two bottles) when I land September wink

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Fabcol(m): 1:02pm On Mar 15, 2019
Future snr colleague cheesy
Abeg pay full attention in class oh...you would b my private lesson tutor when I land Göttingen
Wish you same!!!! wink

bukolaakin:
Hello Fabcol, my Goettingen friend. Lol!! Trust you are great...wish good success ahead.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Missmi: 1:30pm On Mar 15, 2019
Congrats to everyone getting their AMs. We hope everyone gets to post their interview and AM dates throughout the year and especially once Winter admissions start coming.
So, to learning Deutsch, since that is all I do these days. I've created a group called Nairaland on Duolingo for those who wanna learn German (which I assume is all of us since we need the language to succeed in Germany). To join you can use the code J3FX7M. Duolingo is free and this group is just a fun way to stay competitive as we learn the language, sort of an incentive to keep learning especially for those of not not yet in Deutschland. Joining is pretty straightforward with the code above. If you're confused, google 'how to join a club on Duolingo'.

Ps: 30 days into using the app, I can already form quite a few sentences and have short conversations. As someone said, you have a huge advantage learning the language or at least becoming farmiliar with it before you arrive the country. Happy Learning!
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by sugarmike: 1:37pm On Mar 15, 2019
@soocute thanks for sharing ur experience once again...i cant stop lafin..u are just a funny guy grin

SooCute:
@IAmPhiL, dear Bro/Sis, i am going to react to this but once and never again.

You made a vague statement with no cogent facts and on what i assume to be weak/slimy ground and it was easy to condemn me before the "whole world here" and posterity.
By the way it took only one man to condemn Jesus to death, though his statement wasn't personal "Crucify Him;Let HIS blood be upon us and our children children" One man saying US? Like play like play, the crowd joined "crucify Him!! Crucify Him!!!!" and Pilate nack Jesus judgement base on one man's "insinuation". Let's assume everything was arrangee in Jesus matter sha.

I don't know your age, i am not too worried about it either, but i will slap myself if i am responding to a tantrum from a boy/girl below 30.

You didn't even point out any misleading information from me;
You didn't point out which part of Germany you schooled and what grade you passed with, how many years it took you to graduate and the aftermaths.
Where do you live now?

You just got up from your "slumber to say trash about another person's personal opinion"?
Your type support bad government in Nigeria as far as you are not directly affected.

1) It took me from September to End of February to get a job here in Schweinfurt after aggressive job-hunt with my good level of German. All my seniors i know are not working here. The ones that worked before only did during summer and mostly outside Schweinfurt. Only one, was able to even get the summer job with Scheafler.
Every other guy that came this last winter with me are working in other cities outside Schweinfurt. Infact, just one firm named s.Oliver. them just pack go there dey do strenuous jobs out of "Can't help". Commute every morning at the train station to work with 5.30to 6.00 am train inside cold. This job they can't continue, when school resumes else them go fail prapra.
I work with Bosch. So only me, minus like 20 of us, na good news be that?

2) Schweinfurt as the internet says is one the most Industrialized city in German and 3rd richest. This is because it is like a hub of companies. These companies cannot give you student job bro. Which certificate you get? Wetin you wan do for them? E just be like for naija, you wan work for Shell Petroleum or Big big compaines like that "4 hours per day as permitted by your student status" the job i am doing at Bosch is a sub-letted contract which the company (Bosch) itself no get time for. I am the only black there so i smile all the time against my personal wish as if i am always happy. I dey answer Sir, Ma to person wey no bathe last night, with dirty teeth and untidy shoes. Me wey get swag back home? one just sent me nonsense errand today i nearly cried on my painful safety booth (Mumu me go tell them my normal size without knowing that safety boot need to be oversize)

3) Language spoken in Bayern is mainly Bayrisch. Google it. I don't even want to bug. I never knew the difference until i traveled to other parts of Germany, it was a different ball-game. People were just speaking German i was familiar with (I already studied German by myself in Nigeria before coming here) and i felt good for once that i could understand what they were saying. If i had stayed more than a week, my German would have improved tremendously just by listening to people speaking the correct one. By the way, all Germans certificate exams are not written in Bayrisch which is spoken in Bavaria. It is written in Hoch deustch.

4) 2 professors in my school said it hooohaaa, "Education in this Bayern region is usually more difficult than other parts of Germany" now @heybaby have confirmed the same thing from her end. I will not explain this, but the number of admitted students and the number of retained students in my class has proved it. Germans inclusive.
Everything in life depends on individuals and your future plans. Our guys here normally tell me "Pass na Pass you dey find good grade?" and YES i dey find good grade make i fit do masters. I know people in my class, a cameroonain and Indian, these guys dey correct Prof mistakes sef but couldn't make good grade from former school but had to change school and come here to start afresh. So kolewerk?
You think say i be Olodo abi? I never fail YET no mean say those wey fail na duns.
One thing you should know here is that no fuvking Prof is starting from the scratch for you. Most of the time, the lecture go dey sound Calabar and Kalabari langage for your ears so you gats do self study. Wey the time? smh

5) Na so them tell us "Mawista is this Mawista is that" we just gree we no ask "proper people" question. Now i know the disadvantage of listening to people like you. With mawista, i had to pay my bill first at the hospital, even though they reimbursed me after a while, what if i no get the money to bill to pay upfront? Now Mawista gets increasingly expensive after the first year until it is eventually far more expensive than AOK.
For you to really work very well here, you need to be in a public health insurance. With private, no employer will allow you work long. i am saying facts that has happened to me. I have many "reasonable" German friends too. It's political somehow. Mawista is not a sole German Company. xxxxxxx so use your head if you have one.
If you go to hospital with AOK, they treat you, even thank you, give you food, tell you customer come next time. Because you are not even the one who is paying, AOK will pay and it's a German owned public health insurance. I will not talk too much. Even when your family eventually join you, your AOK insurance will cover all with small money ontop. So because i dey use Mawista, should i encourage all and sundry to use it just because it is cheap at first entry? Who love at first site epp? Them just nack my guy medical bill of 2800 euro last week. Please,be in his shoes and enjoy his reality of Mawista.

6. For a small example, I am going to upload an engineering course here from another Uni and my own, look if i have German modules in mine. The other school has German modules in it (with embarrassingly 5CP each level in your last semester).
Just imagine say you dey finals and already have C1/C2 level of German? they are simply preparing you to be employed. Here, we pay for each level and its not graded. Asin, e no even dey curriculum sef. The campus language center just organize it. So we are doing about 7 courses every semester in that case. I dey talk still some people no get sense. When i went deep into the other school's curriculum, the mode of most exams na presentation. Some courses they even said "No exam" I called a friend in Saarland and asked how she was going about her Exams, She said "No exams, i just have plenty homework to do" I come dey ask myself, no be his same Germany all of us dey?
The other School have like 4 electives. Here we have 8 electives with 1 general elective and 2 core competencies. So when you gradute, wetin them go call you? Engineer(er)? and wetin dem go call the other person? Iginia? You are a little mad!!

7. In my school you must complete at lest 75% of all course work every semester. I will upload the evidence too. Even some of our guys no sabi this thing until it's late. Me, e no dey hard me i do go the "right office" to find out myself. Some things you actually clicked "I agree to"without reading, e go clear your eye when you enter problem. People wey dey find reason to comot you for their school sef.

8. One idiot uncle of mine in USA had his friend telling him how he was making 10k euro doing 2 jobs during summer as a student in Germany. I don do all the Maths, permutation and combination, i no see how e take possible.
Even Daimlar (Mercedes) that is paying highest cannot give you that in 5 months fulltime job as a student. Here, you can only do one full-time job (with tax) and one neben job which is 450 euro (without tax) only during holliday. It is not possible to do 2 fulltime jobs in Germany. If you can break the law here and hammer 2 full-time jobs here at once, please take me to your native doctor.

Schools around Norde Rhein Westfahlen give you students card to tour the whole NRW States for free all the time, how is it better than our ticket that cannot even take you to our main Campus in the same Lower Frankonia region? This means, you can't even go to Munic with your student's card here not to talk of the whole Bayern.

9. Since our people like to be lied to....everything wey i just talk na lie. Most guys here enter DE, find way enter USA make dem get 2 years stamp incase e red dem run. Dem no go tell you the truth. Most of them no dey go de school sef. Alaye mind your business oooo make you no qoute me again even from your grave.
I dont like the way i am just irritated just because i carve out my sleeptime to come here to open our people eye. Abroad no been dey hungry me bad bad like that oo. I bin get options oo, make you use your head.

Even other nonsense rules wey dey for here weak man.When you graduate here in this region, you need to earn a certain net per year to qualify for their paper. Its not that tough in other parts of Germany.
Now after them frustrate you finish and graduate you with poor grade, you think say when you apply for Masters here and anywhere in the world them go talk say: If you are here and you studied in Bayern, go one side? Shatap ya deti mouth dere!

If you pm me and ask me any useless question eeee, you go know say water dey sweet na when e dey cup. Even swimming pool water dey kill, e get Mianland water for Lagos, E get Imo river, Nworie river, E get one for Warri around Patani bridge, e get one for lokoja around Senator Dino Melaye side, water dey Rivers too, e even get he one wey dey prepare fowl for chop.

K'emesia.

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by bridget149: 1:49pm On Mar 15, 2019
today is the deadline for Masters in Geoengine at University of Stuttgart. it doesnt require reference letter or motivation letter. and you apply directly to the school, response in about 3 weeks. if you are into engineering or some course related to geoinformatics, geology, civil engineering, etc. and you have their required docs, you can apply..
ExcelDeBaron:
Guys please, I want to start applying fr schools now against october. Is it late? Will I still be able to get admission? Will getting Visa appointment be an issue? Or should I wait against January next year? Please be aware that money is not an issue. I have all the required financial muscle and I have all the required documents. I only want to know if its late already to start my application for september/October resumption because I don't want the issue where after paying the block account and other fees... I won't get Visa appointment. Please reply Sirs/Madam. Is it late now?

CC

Ndkings1

chu13chu

Dutchkid

Timmyone

josh2flex

modupejay

gbemisolao95

IAmPhiL
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by sugarmike: 1:52pm On Mar 15, 2019
Mystique20:
Hi everyone!

@kingucc
@fabcol (my panla fish)
@bukolaakin
Cc eldee
Heybaby
Congrats dear....go and excel...we are coming grin

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by bukolaakin: 1:55pm On Mar 15, 2019
Lolllssss @ snr colleague. I will oo...sure I can do that. Amen..Looking forward to seeing you.
Fabcol:
Abeg pay full attention in class oh...you would b my private lesson tutor when I land Göttingen
Wish you same!!!! wink

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by bukolaakin: 2:05pm On Mar 15, 2019
Whao....this is awesome. Thanks so much, I am joining right away. Duolingo has been telling me "you are all alone" for some time now.
Missmi:
Congrats to everyone getting their AMs. We hope everyone gets to post their interview and AM dates throughout the year and especially once Winter admissions start coming.
So, to learning Deutsch, since that is all I do these days. I've created a group called Nairaland on Duolingo for those who wanna learn German (which I assume is all of us since we need the language to succeed in Germany). To join you can use the code J3FXM7. Duolingo is free and this group is just a fun way to stay competitive as we learn the language, sort of an incentive to keep learning especially for those of not not yet in Deutschland. Joining is pretty straightforward with the code above. If you're confused, google 'how to join a club on Duolingo'.

Ps: 30 days into using the app, I can already form quite a few sentences and have short conversations. As someone said, you have a huge advantage learning the language or at least becoming farmiliar with it before you arrive the country. Happy Learning!

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by DemigodZeus147(m): 2:14pm On Mar 15, 2019
Missmi:
So, to learning Deutsch, since that is all I do these days. I've created a group called Nairaland on Duolingo for those who wanna learn German (which I assume is all of us since we need the language to succeed in Germany). To join you can use the code J3FXM7. Duolingo is free and this group is just a fun way to stay competitive as we learn the language, sort of an incentive to keep learning especially for those of not not yet in Deutschland. Joining is pretty straightforward with the code above. If you're confused, google 'how to join a club on Duolingo'.

The stuff is saying "club code not found oh"
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Aque(m): 2:20pm On Mar 15, 2019
DemigodZeus147:

The stuff is saying "club code not found oh"

The code in the writeup is incorrect. Use the one in the image
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by sugarmike: 2:23pm On Mar 15, 2019
Hey Bosses in the house, please i need your help. Please am going for Masters programme and i was given a conditional admission which requires Academic Preparatory Course. my question is will i be allowed to work during the Academic Preparatory Course?
thanks guys as i wait for ur favorable responses
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by SSamuelo: 2:43pm On Mar 15, 2019
Hello I applied for Msc cardiovascular science at university of goettingen since January till now no response.
Fabcol:
Wish you same!!!! wink

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by erny11: 2:45pm On Mar 15, 2019
Fabcol:
Wish you same!!!! wink

hahaha and me too.......#TeamGottingen
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Eldeee(m): 2:46pm On Mar 15, 2019
bridget149:
today is the deadline for Masters in Geoengine at University of Stuttgart. it doesnt require reference letter or motivation letter. and you apply directly to the school, response in about 3 weeks. if you are into engineering or some course related to geoinformatics, geology, civil engineering, etc. and you have their required docs, you can apply..

Seems like you are into the GEO world, anyway if you are interested in such program, I will also suggest you check out the following programs.

If you are interested in remote sensing, check out KIT and university of wurzburg,

If you are for geoinformatics, check out university of muenster and hft Stuttgart

If you are for geoinformatics and geodesy, check out Leibniz universitat hannover and TU Berlin

If you are interested in hydrography, check out hafencity university, Hamburg

Then if you are interested in all these areas of specializations in one program and you be Oliver Twist like us, then come to University of applied sciences Karlsruhe for geomatics.

3 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by bukolaakin: 2:51pm On Mar 15, 2019
I didn't see join a club on my App. I used the help centre, it says because I am on Leaderboards.
Missmi:

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by bukolaakin: 2:57pm On Mar 15, 2019
@erny11 hope you are doing great...see you in Goettingen.
erny11:

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by erny11: 2:59pm On Mar 15, 2019
SSamuelo:
Hello I applied for Msc cardiovascular science at university of goettingen since January till now no response.

As seen on their site expect admission/rejection letters April/May
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by erny11: 3:05pm On Mar 15, 2019
bukolaakin:
@erny11 hope you are doing great...see you in Goettingen.

Yes I am, a big AMEN to that. Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by badmus306(m): 3:06pm On Mar 15, 2019
bridget149:
I hope u know this school has a tution fee of €1,500
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by badmus306(m): 3:08pm On Mar 15, 2019
Deustchemann:

@bolded, how?
That's the amount I did mine after much bargain.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Sss2: 3:24pm On Mar 15, 2019
Hello house,

Anybody applying for Msc Architecture or any related course.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Fabcol(m): 3:33pm On Mar 15, 2019
cool cool
We dey go rock there sept

erny11:

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Fabcol(m): 3:34pm On Mar 15, 2019
M actually applying for winter

SSamuelo:

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (616)

Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.