Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,878 members, 7,802,835 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:54 PM

Which Bible Story Or Bible Passage Do You Find Bizarre Or Hard To Believe - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Bible Story Or Bible Passage Do You Find Bizarre Or Hard To Believe (2517 Views)

Which Bible Verse Has Brought More Souls To Christ? / Which Bible Character Would You Have Being In Jesus' Days ? / Which Bible Character Would You Pick For A Hangout And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Bible Story Or Bible Passage Do You Find Bizarre Or Hard To Believe by 1Sharon(f): 1:33am On Feb 26, 2019
kkins25:
silly statement.. If God is not a magician, then kindly tell us the principle behind the multiplication of a few loaves of bread and fish to feed thousands of people.... Ohh yet, entice us with the operus mandi by which moses split the red sea. Oh oh oh, tell us what molecular reconstruction took place that turned water into wine? Oh oh one more, one more, tell us how moses' staff turned into a snake? Tell us who baked the bread or manna which fell from heaven that fed the bleeping isrealites in the wilderness. Oh oh oh... I aait to hear the wisdom you would unveil.... Im so exicited.

Jehova is a magician. Qed.

You are taking it literally.
Re: Which Bible Story Or Bible Passage Do You Find Bizarre Or Hard To Believe by MuttleyLaff: 7:53am On Feb 26, 2019
kkins25:
MuttleyLaff, MuttleyLaff, MuttleyLaff, how many times did i call you?
I counted and read three times.

kkins25:
Lordreed never said the planet stopped moving...
You called out my moniker three times, right? Do you recall how many times, with great care and thoroughness, I tried to get your friend, to tell in his own words, what he knows the myth is all about. Yeah more than three times, bettering yours. I started with the comment: "I will tell you what really and actually happened but first, need that you first tell, what you believed happened on that day with Joshua, the sun and the moon" and followed with "There is nothing fairy tale about what happened on that day but why cant you just tell what exactly to know about that is said happened on that day" It was after I then said: "Its a simple and humble request, nothing to do with rigmarole, so you too buzz off then, if you wont be a sport and kindly tell what you know the myth is all about. I know its a physical impossibility, you too seem to believe its a physical impossibility but you are scaredy cat to publicly admit what the myth is" that he lost the plot, saw red and then blew his gasket

kkins25:
On the contrary he was correcting the error in the inspired book of god.. We know the sun doesn't revolve around the earth as proclaimed by TV01.. The bible says joshua or rather god stopped the sun... But this exposes the ungodliness in the bible scriptures. How does god not know the earth was spinning around the sun? Huh Muttley??
if that fairytale miracle happened which of course it didn't, it would have been that the planet stoped moving and not the sun.
Simple cross-examination questioning, simple fact finder exercise, simple request and people all of sudden become jittery.

I am sure, if I should ask you too to, in your own words, tell what you know and believe the bible said and happened on that day, you'll at least prevaricate, if not throw up a strop, like most usually do on Religion forum. If not prove me wrong by obliging. Tell me what you know that the bible said concerning that day with Joshua and also what you believed the bible reported to have happened

By the way kkins25, you do know I have unfinished businesses together with you and also with one or two others like TV01 also for instance. I haven't forgotten nor abandoned them businesses, it's just that I am just trying to catch up with them on my queue of priorities and other things cropping getting distracted from them.

1 Like

Re: Which Bible Story Or Bible Passage Do You Find Bizarre Or Hard To Believe by TV01(m): 9:12pm On Feb 26, 2019
From here - https://www.nairaland.com/5034006/revival-fasting-modern-pentcostal-christianity#75901481

1/ Does he believe that Jews were gassed, or is that with Kraków and Auschwitz fakes and/or hoaxes?
Do I believe – as the bible states – that Jewish people have, over the ages, been dispersed across the world and, at points, relentlessly persecuted? Yes. Do I know, or have I researched, particulars of this persecution and, specifically the “holocaust”? No.

And, as it does not directly question my faith in God or scriptural inerrancy, I see no reason to. Same for any other conspiracy theories such as 9/11. I am not a conspiracy theorist, I am not a flat-earther, nor a “holocaust” affirmer or denier. I am a bible believing Christian.

As I move through this, and indeed any other discussion, let me make clear, I have learnt that in believing God, therein is righteousness Genesis 15.6 Romans 4:3.

One way this plays out for me is that I always believe God first, then reverse engineer my beliefs and/or wait patiently until understanding comes.

I may misunderstand the scriptures, I may mis-apprehend and even miss-apply them, but I do not second guess them. To wit, my worldview is a biblical one. I do not try and fit the bible into other worldviews or, read it to accord with worldviews that are diametrically opposed to what it clearly states. Discernment keeps what experience has taught.

Romans 3:4 - Certainly not! Indeed, let God be true but every man a liar. As it is written: “That You may be justified in Your words, And may overcome when You are judged.”

2/ Will a ship, with inexhaustible supply of fuel, tip, overturn and fall suddenly or not, at the opposite alleged far other end of a flat earth? Or if he walks continously in a straight line, will he sooner or later fall off the earth after getting to the edge of the flat earth?
No. The vessel will be prevented by, or at best, continue to circumnavigate the inner ring of the spherical earth, as has been recorded severally by mariners attempting to circumnavigate what is commonly called Antarctica.

There is no “edge” as supposed by some. And not in the sense that the earth is perfectly flat, meaning a ship could possibly sail over said edge. The Antarctic is not a large island continent, but a ring of ice that encircles the earth.

Job 38:10-11- And I placed boundaries on it And set a bolt and doors, And I said, 'Thus far you shall come, but no farther; And here shall your proud waves stop'?

Proverbs 8:29
- When He set for the sea its boundary So that the water would not transgress His command, When He marked out the foundations of the earth;

3/ Ask him to provide, all his bible verses that he interpretes the bible being flat with and lets all together examine them each.
Please see attached jpeg for reference.

4/ Ask him, why did the Roman Catholic Church have a paradigm shift on this subject?
I am not a Catholic, neither, as stated above, do I approach the bible with a denominational position or “other” worldview, I let the bible speak for itself and then weigh other positions against it. These other positions may in some instances accord with the bible in whole or in part. I have no problem with that, or necessarily with those that hold to the other.

Having said that, I do appreciate that not only did the Catholic Church shift, many of the “scientists” that drove the shift were in fact Catholics. Further, I would consider the uppermost hierarchy and ultimate power behind the Catholic church to be problematic to say the least.

Catholicism is not necessarily Christianity. And, Catholic doctrine or dogma is not necessarily scriptural. In like manner, the same could be said for Anglicanism, Pentecostalism and any other Christian denomination or sect.

To be clear and so as not to deflect, I am not a denominationalist, neither am I for, or against denominationalism per se. Nor do I believe all Catholics are going to heaven any more than I believe all Pentecostals are going to hell. My view of hell is a whole other discussion

5/ If the earth is flat, ask him to explain why it is evening now in Australia, when it is morning now where we both are?
That is due to the size – relatively small – distance from earth – quite close – orbiting cycle – every 24 hours – and lighting effect – like a spotlight – of the sun. Both sun and moon are luminaries, under the earths firmament and orbiting us within it . Hence, we see them in “the sky”. Look out of your window during the day, the sun is seen in the sky and, oft times clouds can be seen behind them.

As the sun approaches (rises), it appears to get larger and higher. As it recedes (sets), it appears to become lower and smaller. This is perspective and the “vanishing point” experienced by the human eye due to it’s mechanics and limits.

The sun’s size and spotlight effect means that only half the earth – and that to varying degrees – is lit at any one time. Some areas are becoming progressively “lighter”, whilst others are becoming progressively “darker”.

Genesis 1:14-19 And God said, “Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years, and let them be lights in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth.” And it was so. God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars. ..

God made the sun for light during the day. Ergo, we do not need it, to see it or, its light during the night. Perfect construct. As opposed to a sun that is upposedly 93,000,000 miles away

6/ Ask him to provide where Jesus said the earth is flat, so I can show Jesus implying the opposite
I don’t, off-hand, recall The Lord saying “the earth is flat”, so cannot provide such a verse. But I have no problem for verses showing Jesus “implying the opposite” to be presented

Cheers
TV

Re: Which Bible Story Or Bible Passage Do You Find Bizarre Or Hard To Believe by ThothHermes: 9:53pm On Feb 26, 2019
Muttleylaff cheesy
Re: Which Bible Story Or Bible Passage Do You Find Bizarre Or Hard To Believe by calculator123(m): 10:03pm On Feb 26, 2019
mine is the tale of dried bones rising again. That story is devoid of wisdom and common sense
Re: Which Bible Story Or Bible Passage Do You Find Bizarre Or Hard To Believe by ABCthings: 12:11am On Feb 27, 2019
God unrecognized in His own world: -- Sir Isaac Newton had among his acquaintances a philosopher who was an atheist . It is well known that the illustrious man, who takes the first rank as a mathematician, natural philosopher, and astronomer, was at the same time a Christian. He had in his study a celestial globe, on which was an excellent representation of the constellations and the stars which compose them. His atheist friend, having come to visit him one day, was struck with the beauty of tiffs globe. He approached it, examined it, and, admiring the work, he turned to Newton and said to him, "Who made it?" "No one!" replied the celebrated philosopher. The atheist understood, and was silent.

(Christian Age.)

(from The Biblical Illustrator Copyright © 2002, 2003, 2006 Ages Software, Inc. and Biblesoft, Inc.)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Between Jesus And God? / People that died as a result of thunderstorms is it supernatural or scientifical / The Bible Clearly Shows That No Rapture Will Happen Now Or In Future

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.