Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,883 members, 7,802,853 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:18 PM

Some Fun While Job Hunting - Jobs/Vacancies (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Some Fun While Job Hunting (153451 Views)

If You're Asked For Any Of These While Job Hunting, Run For Cover! / What Is Your Most Embarassing Moment While Job Hunting. / 5 Great Work-from-home Jobs You Can Do While Job Hunting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (68) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by patdickson15: 2:34am On Jan 23, 2020
URGENT VACANCY!!!

PERSONAL ASSISTANT NEEDED
PAYMENT: 50,000 NAIRA MONTHLY
Qualifications: Bachelors Degree/HND/OND
Other requirements: Digital Marketing knowledge
Working hours: 5 times a week

Interested parties should send CV to socialightng@gmail.com and expect a response within 2 hours
PS: Your interview will be the same day you apply, so be prepared.

Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by ZzZzzzzzzzzzzzz: 7:36am On Jan 23, 2020
Fyngal1:

this is not nice. afterall, you sef win 10k. so where's the unfairness?
just because I won 10k doesn't mean I should lose my voice when I see the truth.

I admit most of you on this thread are not on that level yet nor can you grow the balls to see the truth as it is. Even ify has deleted the screenshot she uploaded earlier

I hope you learn one or two things. It's not as if the guy will give me his winnings, but, it's good to be honest in your dealings irrespective of the position.

2 Likes

Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by Nobody: 9:14am On Jan 23, 2020
ZzZzzzzzzzzzzzz:
just because I won 10k doesn't mean I should lose my voice when I see the truth.

I admit most of you on this thread are not on that level yet nor can you grow the balls to see the truth as it is. Even ify has deleted the screenshot she uploaded earlier

I hope you learn one or two things. It's not as if the guy will give me his winnings, but, it's good to be honest in your dealings irrespective of the position.

What is the truth? Your mere assumption that holds no water?

I can see the level you're bragging about. Assumption is the lowest form of knowledge.
Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by Employmenthub(f): 11:53am On Jan 23, 2020
Okay
Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jan 23, 2020
Fyngal1:

suggest you quote her in a dead thread with your complete details if you don't want to do it here.
hello please kindly modify my account details... This is totally wrong and I don't think all of you are doing this in good faith..
Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jan 23, 2020
ZzZzzzzzzzzzzzz:
I like minding my business... But I think you are angry about something very different from the guys account issues.

Even judging by the picture you uploaded... It shows the guy did nothing out way... At the end it's all a competition and you hosted it but atimes being fair goes a long way too.

I really like minding my business tho. Have fun
hello I appreciate your sincerity but I am not sure if this is necessary... It's clear enough for the blind to see what she's doing. ... Kindly let the matter rest. Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by ifyalways(f): 5:43pm On Jan 23, 2020
ZzZzzzzzzzzzzzz:

I see you assume you know me too well. I removed the screenshot to keep his privacy away, nothing else.

Since you felt i was angry at something else, you'd do well to go the extra mile to elaborate. A simple and straight forward question of "what is the account name" is replied with Sterling bank then i should abandon what i have got to do to chase him about just to appear "fair" to you? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Its hilarious.

Yup, i posted the screenshot somewhere else few minutes ago since he decided to be silly and im reportedly "angry" with a faceless individual i dont know. The joke eh.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by Fyngal1(f): 10:31pm On Jan 23, 2020
ZzZzzzzzzzzzzzz:

I admit most of you on this thread are not on that level yet nor can you grow the balls to see the truth as it is. .

Mr truthsayer, let me ask this: does account details not include acct name, number and bank? If any of these is missing and you don't get paid, who is to blame?
Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by Fyngal1(f): 10:33pm On Jan 23, 2020
BLUELemon:
hello please kindly modify my account details... This is totally wrong and I don't think all of you are doing this in good faith..

I've edited my advice totally. I don't think you need it. Take care lipsrsealed
Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by VenusEAGLE: 9:24am On Jan 24, 2020
ifyalways:

I see you assume you know me too well. I removed the screenshot to keep his privacy away, nothing else.

Since you felt i was angry at something else, you'd do well to go the extra mile to elaborate. A simple and straight forward question of "what is the account name" is replied with Sterling bank then i should abandon what i have got to do to chase him about just to appear "fair" to you? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Its hilarious.

Yup, i posted the screenshot somewhere else few minutes ago since he decided to be silly and im reportedly "angry" with a faceless individual i dont know. The joke eh.
madam ifyalways since the guy has decided to forfeit his winning can you please pass it over to me.
Make the space no waste just like that

I didn't win anything... Just a gentle request grin

5 Likes

Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by Nobody: 10:32am On Jan 24, 2020
VenusEAGLE:
madam ifyalways since the guy has decided to forfeit his winning can you please pass it over to me.

Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by VenusEAGLE: 10:35am On Jan 24, 2020
NosaJBourne:

face front joor

Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by Trojan8(m): 6:26pm On Jan 24, 2020
VenusEAGLE:

Wow. Has it gotten that bad?
Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jan 24, 2020
Trojan8:
Wow. Has it gotten that bad?

Wetin bad for there? He say make e try im luck...
Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by Chrisbillakings(m): 6:05pm On Jan 25, 2020
1. PwC Graduate recruitment 2020- Application Deadline: 10th February, 2020

2. Sahara group (oil company) graduate upstream recruitment- Application Deadline: 4th February, 2020

3. Meyer Management Trainee 2020- Application Deadline: 31st January, 2020

Check the link in my signature to apply
Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by wandeykul(f): 8:36pm On Jan 25, 2020
A chemistry teacher is needed in a school at magodo..call 07012855871
Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by LordFriar: 5:20pm On Jan 26, 2020
VenusEAGLE:
Lol funny.
The winners didn't write totally in a different language or did they?

That being said, I think it has to deal with creativity and the ability to stay on course when narrating.
I really hope I was part of the 10k winner but maybe the effort was not enough

Yh bruh. I also have gotten some lessons.
Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by ifyalways(f): 9:17am On Jan 27, 2020
VenusEAGLE:

Send your account details

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by Nobody: 9:29am On Jan 27, 2020
ifyalways:

I talk am... I talk am... no harm in trying... VenusEAGLE, you get oil for your head... grin grin never give up and ignore side talks...

VenusEAGLE right now......

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by Omawumi17(f): 10:33am On Jan 27, 2020
NosaJBourne:

I talk am... I talk am... no harm in trying... VenusEAGLE, you get oil for your head... grin grin never give up and ignore side talks...

WOW! Madam ifyalways, you are a rare gem. God will continue to bless you. Madam ifyalways for president 2023!
Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by VenusEAGLE: 10:41am On Jan 27, 2020
ifyalways:

Good morning
Uba
Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by VenusEAGLE: 10:45am On Jan 27, 2020
ifyalways:

you are truly God sent
Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by ifyalways(f): 10:49am On Jan 27, 2020
VenusEAGLE:
Good morning ma
Uba

M

seen. You will get credited in the next few minutes

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by VenusEAGLE: 10:49am On Jan 27, 2020
ifyalways:

seen. You will get credited in the next few minutes
wow thanks ma
Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by ifyalways(f): 10:50am On Jan 27, 2020
Omawumi17:

WOW! Madam ifyalways, you are a rare gem. God will continue to bless you. Madam ifyalways for president 2023!
lol
E jor o.
NosaJBourne:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by VenusEAGLE: 10:55am On Jan 27, 2020
Omawumi17:

2023 is too far.

VOTE IFYALWAYS FOR PRESIDENT 2020 AND BEYOND

2 Likes

Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by Nobody: 11:07am On Jan 27, 2020
Omawumi17:

lol
Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by Mineisgrace(f): 11:18am On Jan 27, 2020
VenusEAGLE:
2023 is too far.

VOTE IFYALWAYS FOR PRESIDENT 2020 AND BEYOND
seconded

I will look for a catch-phrase for madam soon

She will be a president

1 Like

Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by Nobody: 11:34am On Jan 27, 2020
ZzZzzzzzzzzzzzz and BLUELemon right now shocked shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by tranxo(m): 11:34am On Jan 27, 2020
Lynette2cute:
I collected my NYSC discharge certificate all smiles. Finally I was done and could now focus on getting a job.

The days went by and then of like every average Nigerian graduate, I began praying in earnest for a job and boom the invites started rolling in.

I opened my mail to see an invite from union bank in Jos. I started practicing some interview questions in front of my mirror. As the day drew closer I envisioned myself in a suit and high heels walking the corridors of the bank not as a customer but as a staff. Finally I'd be out of the labour market and of course have bragging rights amongst my pals. Ah, see me practicing my catwalking steps with so much enthusiasm. I was already fantasizing about spoiling myself silly with my first salary; shoes, bags, clothes and possibly a vacation. I swear I was already living large in my mind.

I packed my well ironed corporate wear and off I traveled to J.town. The next morning, I had my bath, make up on fleek, clothes simple but elegant and classy, cat walking upgraded, ate a light breakfast and off I went. As par jjc in j town naso I dey waka up and down to find the address. People just dey give me different directions, I called the contact person for the interview Oga no pick. I went into another branch of union bank to ask for directions naso madam customer care just dey speak turenchi dey give attitude, in my mind I said shey I'll soon be a staff abi, aunty just pray make I no be your Oga. I thanked her with a smile on my face and off I went.

I got to the venue and the security took me in and showed me where other invitees were seated. I took a seat and awaited my turn to face the interview. Lynette2cute pls come in some one called. I gathered all the confidence I could muster and went in, damn, girl was nervous. I went in, greeted the interviewers and was asked to sit. I answered the questions asked with ease as I was no longer nervous, it turned into a friendly chat and the chairman of the interview panel looked at me and said ' I love your spirit and cheerfulness, you're smart, intelligent and really what we need but you're too young, very soon you'd want to pursue greater things maybe an M.Sc or a better employment and working in a bank leaves you little or no time to develope yourself, so I'd advice you do something that'd give you time to pursue your dreams. I wish you the best' Those words broke me, I wanted to protest but all I heard myself say was Thank you sir, I'd consider your advice. As I stepped out, I thought there goes my dream of walking around the bank proudly as a staff. My dream of new clothes, bags, shoes, going to a spa, vacation all gone, well not gone just postponed.

I returned home, sulked a bit put myself back together and prepared for more interviews as it's now a daily struggle.

Each genuine interview invite I get, I keep telling myself ' This might just be it' and that's what keeps me going.
That remark may have been the final test in that interview - to see if you have a fighting spirit. To see if you are the type that will not take a No for an answer (great skill for a marketer and a goal getter).

Hope you finally got settled in somewhere else

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (68) (Reply)

Lagos State Teachers Recruitment 2012 / Federal Airports Authority Of Nigeria Recruitment 2015 / Total E&P Limited - 2019 Recruitment (many Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.