Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,962 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:28 AM

Some Fun While Job Hunting - Jobs/Vacancies (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Some Fun While Job Hunting (153465 Views)

If You're Asked For Any Of These While Job Hunting, Run For Cover! / What Is Your Most Embarassing Moment While Job Hunting. / 5 Great Work-from-home Jobs You Can Do While Job Hunting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (68) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by Nobody: 8:03am On Aug 18, 2020

Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by Nobody: 8:04am On Aug 18, 2020
The 7th Blank

Corona remains the same. The weather has changed. The people has changed. Voices now live behind a facemask. Obviously we all took a hit during the lockdown and the effects still echoes beyond e-personalities but not reality. How Blank could reality be? If the world came to a halt, it would still be Blank and her family.

Blank is a mother with her eldest child being a 9 year old. She works as a consultant shuffling between continents; Nigeria, Canada, USA and the United Kingdom. In all She puts her family above everyother thing especially during the lockdown. Not so many Nairalanders stayed unique and blunt through the coivid lockdown but Blank remains blunt without saucing her action or countenance as it comes. Whose lockdown is this but Blank..

Caught up in the lockdown web, Valentine came. She surprise her hubby by decorating her room with Valentine's decorations, roll a joint, and wearing her sexy police costume. She has learnt to arrest her hubby's attention before another person does that

During the lockdown experience, Blank had planned ahead once she noticed the global trend of lockdowns. As a global throtter, she got permission to work from home and immediately travelled abroad with her beautiful kids. Of course, this new setting most definitely required that her family formed a new routine.

Due to the new developments, she wakes up around 5am and have some personal time to talk to God. Atleast that's the best way to start the day. After that she reads, press phone to check her mentions on Nairaland and surf family section looking for people to inspire.Two hours later which is 7 am, she wakes her kid to have family devotion with their dad while she bathe and dress up her baby for daycare.

When it's around 7:30 she goes on road work trying to keep fit. When she returns from her excercise around 8, her hubby would have made breakfast. She supervises her kids doing thier chores and after that she let's them rest or watch TV and play with their tablets till 10am. So the earlier they get their chores done and take their bath, the more time they can watch TV.

As a good mother, she takes priority of education. she didn't let the closed schools stop her children's knowledge. She enrolled them for online lesson which extends from 10am to 12 noon and after, she takes the children outside for a walk or just play in the backyard till 12:30pm. They have lunch then go back to studying till 2pm.

During the lockdown, Blank tried to teach her kids creative arts athough the kids couldn't figure it out on their own. So what did she do, creative art practices were shifted to weekends. She also taught the children basic cooking skills. This is meant to ensure that they aren't always dependent on her for cooking. She taught them how to fetch their breakfast, warm their food, make sandwiches, fry eggs, etc.

The truth is she doesn't really like cooking. That's an activity she wish she can delegate. Maybe that's why anytime she visits her mum she packs her mum's soup. I guess I also did that too on Thursdays and Fridays when the lockdown is relaxed

She has a great hubby who knows how to cook. An igbo man to the core. Blank has a saying, " An Igbo man's crown is his family". A man that sees his family as his crown would see no reason to make a meal for the home.

In all, as for Blank and her household, they were working from home till they felt safe washing their hands with alcohol based sanitizer and covering their nose with face mask.

6 Likes

Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by BEANSndPLANTAIN(m): 9:10am On Aug 18, 2020
6.….

For those days when the world was shutting down, quite offices, closed schools, empty roads, empty stores, markets ruled by birds perching on scanty trays and benches. Goats having an uncommon ritual of horns locking. Guess who locked covid lockdown. Ishilove, the thrust of a pen painting a picture we would later talk about today as if she had known this future and it's features.

The lockdown in Nigeria started with rumours of official manuscripts informing soldiers on enforcing citizens staying indoors and soldiers digging graves for impending casualties of covid19. Maybe, just maybe this was part of the reasons Ishilove chose to observe the lockdown.

Some days she has enough free time, she is trying to conquer fellow e-worriors. You know as e be naa, 'nairaland naa royal rumble' and yours truly has the "surviving Ojuelegba traffic" in her blood. She is always serving the e-fighters hot.

She once told a Keyboard warrior he doesn't have sense and he should go home and wake his mother with a sliding tackle. I imagined something like General Gattuso's tackle when he was still a footballer at Inter Milan.

On other days she spends her time replying those that " Werey nbe lorie won" and those who wants to be omo buruku". She really brought out her couldron of Savage and poured a gallon of quality koboko to fry and snack on trolls. She made sure non of them wanted to tango with her.

But on lockdown relaxed days, she leaves her laptop and she is out waiting for SUV Uber. Of course she doesn't get one so out of anger, she goes to a car dealership and buys a Limousine. Enroute to Balogun Market for goat meat ingredients. Due to the car she came with, the market women hiked the price of pepper from 50naira to 200naira. Her eyes can see the pepper but her ears and brain has identified the price as a rip off.

Ishilove being wise and choosy left Balogun and drives her limousine from jankara to Tejuosho, from Alaba to Mile 12 before concluding to patronize Oyingbo market. She parks very far away from the markets entrance. She wants to be seen as a regular individual but she's unable to hide it as the market women kept singing her praises and the hype men keeps hailing her like Charlse Okocha's hypeman.

Being a religious lady and not excessively superstitious, she listens to Audio Bible on speaker sometimes she listens with her earpiece but most times she lowers the volume so it is a pleasant background sound that calms everyone in the house not until she hear the true goodness.

She heard the news that the government was going to give paliatives to people with account balance less than 5000 naira. She quickly went to the available POS to withdraw the 500,000 thousand naira in her account. She has been on her toes waiting for the palliative to drop in her account. She knows it's a country where the divide between the rich and poor is as wide as the Atlantic ocean but I am not happy she's trying to identify with we the "have not".

It's the century of the facemask and hand sanitizers. The good thing is that ishilove is planning to live long like her ancestors and to this end she prepares and eat swallow daily with stew well blessed with fresh fish and sometimes, her pot is filled with all kinds of meat except snake's meat. She is indeed a writer and Laurette in the making as she has been writing more literary works

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by AududuNine11: 12:29pm On Aug 18, 2020
Addme:
Ifyalways
May almighty God perfect all HE
has done.
Currently on freebasics and it's giving me error whenever I try to post. I'm tired, it's well.

Goan sub or borrow data... Abi how can we help you?

1 Like

Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by AududuNine11: 12:33pm On Aug 18, 2020
solomonjay:
Create an ULTIMATE FIRST IMPRESSION with Potential Employers with as low as N1,000.
Let us help you REBRAND you for your next and final interview...

Your CVs are specially crafted to amplify your strengths and employability, thereby helping you secure your dream job.

To register for a New CV, CV upgrade, Cover letter, please follow this link

https:///30gEflT

Help me write an essay to submit for the ongoing competition organised by madam Ifyalways.

If I win, we'd share the winnings 50/50 smiley how you see am?
Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by AududuNine11: 12:35pm On Aug 18, 2020
OiOi:
Not sure how to start...

Lol
Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by AududuNine11: 12:38pm On Aug 18, 2020
I for like to write about Ishilove, but laziness won't gree me grin

Make I lie low for this one...
Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by SirBen90: 12:53pm On Aug 18, 2020
Number 10,

Madam Ifyalways,

This is more like a write-up of appreciation, Ma.

If madam Ifyalways was my mum ehn, I for dae do Thanksgiving everyday grin. But we move. I thank God for my mum though. Now back to the point. Madam Ifyalways is a person who should give courses on how to be a kind-hearted mother. The woman is too good.

Okay, you might think I'm just praising her. Wait till you hear the things she has been doing even before the lockdown, and after the lockdown.

Leggo, this woman actually helped to foot the medical bill of a lady whose child was about to lose her eyesight. Note that madam Ifyalways didn't even know the lady. Do you know how it feels to watch your child nearly lose her sight, and don't have enough to foot the bills?
Hmmn, it is a good thing to find a true helper, and that is exactly what madam Ifyalways represents in the lives of many people.

What was she up to during the lockdown? Well as the good woman that she is, since early this year she has been on Omugwo duties. If you aren't Igbo, Omugwo is like a time in which a woman goes to the home of her child to help take care of their newborn children. So basically, she went to take care of her new grandchild.

That aside, she has since been helping unemployed youths, the needy, and friends as well as family. This woman actually organizes essay competitions as an avenue to give and help people who she has never met before. Talk about having a legacy of kindness. She may not know it, but she has touched many lives.

She had a quick medical issue which necessitated a minor surgery, but as God would have it, she's back, healthier, and ready to rumble cheesy. May your health be as strong as an iroko tree, Ma.

I guess we all heard the news that a South Eastern state govt in Nigeria appointed someone as Commissioner For Happiness. I think madam Ifyalways is well-suited for this office o smiley. She will make the citizens of the state very happy.

She's Igbo, she's a Christian, and she's one of those few women blessed with twins.

She loves "Sisi Eko" by late DaGrin. The song sweet sha wink. She overeats when she's happy, but finds it difficult to eat when she's stressed.
Like I said before, she's kind, but she doesn't take nonsense o. If you see the way she heavily dealt with one troll on nairaland ehn, I come dae pity 4 d guy grin.
But like everyone one of us, madam Ifyalways has a streak of silliness. Believe it or not, she once prayed to God to send an angel to help her wash bitterleaf grin. That was years ago sha o.

She's a very wise person. Infact, one of her favorite sayings goes thus: "He who goes a-borrowing goes a-sorrowing".
Finally, she loves bants, loves attending Owambe wink, and likes to have a good laugh.

Nnem Oma, may your days be long and fruitful on Earth.

1 Like

Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by Addme: 1:03pm On Aug 18, 2020
AududuNine11:

Goan sub or borrow data... Abi how can we help you?
No need, I have got it covered. Will post mine tonight. Thanks
Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by viettastitches(f): 4:36pm On Aug 18, 2020
2. giddyperson

I do not claim to personally know the individual behind the moniker "giddyperson", but being ardent follower of hers on diaryland and knowing her personality on the pregnancy and newborn thread, I think I can somewhat imagine how the must have spent her days during the covid 19 lockdown period.

The day was 27 February 2020,and just like everyone else,giddy was shocked with the news of the Italian expatriate who had brought the virus to Ogun state. It was with keen interest she listened and read as the number of people who had come in contact with the index case increased everyday, and so it wasn't really a surprise to her when the lockdown was announced all around the country.she received the news with mixed feelings.what giddy hadn't expected was the suddenness of the travel ban,seeing as Mr giddy was away for business in another state.
giddy welcomed this sudden and terrifying changes with an initial panic,buying foodstuff in very large quantities,stocking up hand sanitizers, worrying about her family members far or near, wondering if she was overreacting, working from home with two very active toddlers,and still taking care of her kids.it was really tiring.giddy was also astonished by the, sudden inflation of everything in the m WA stateket. Even the traders didn't exactly know if to blame the price hike on the covid 19 Pandemic or the new exchange rate in the Forex market.it was obvious to giddy that the hike in price was as a result of the high demand of goods caused by the fact that everyone was panic shopping and buying things in bulk. Everyday giddy would try to find out if there was news about vaccines and also check out the growing number of infected people in Nigeria.

Eventually, giddy got used to her new routine.she enjoyed staying at home and spending time with her kids.she took herself through a new phase of self discovery.the virus suddenly did not feel so dreadful anymore and although she still tried to apply necessary preventative measures when necessary,it did not seem as scary as it initially did.she was even more elated when Mr giddy came back home. kpekus has a way of making everything more interesting in ways you can't even imagine..

In summary,giddy person spent her covid 19 lockdown trying to stay safe and keeping her kids safe while adapting to the new changes caused by the pandemic.

I am sure her lockdown probably must have been more dramatic than I have tried to describe and I also bet she ended up enjoying it.

4 Likes

Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by TRADELYN: 4:55pm On Aug 18, 2020
If you always have data; and you are addicted to the internet, you can earn easy money weekly by sharing useful and inspiring contents on a newly launched site. You don't have to be the original author. If you copy a useful story from cnn, you just have to share it and give the right source. A minimum of 5 stories per day.

#2,500 weekly.

Tradelyn@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by Riele(f): 5:27pm On Aug 18, 2020
How I Think Ishilove Spent Her Days During The Covid19 Lockdown.
Responding to ifyalways post, here's my view sha.
I picked Ishilove because when reading through her posts, I sometimes wonder if it's just one person behind her moniker. Something in my head tells me that she has a twin sister who manages her nairaland account with her. grin Why did I say so? because sometimes, when you read her post, you marvel at her level of knowledge and while you are still lost in her uniqueness you stumbled over another post of her's whose personality is way different from the initial post you just read. One moment she's all serious and the other she's spewing words that'll make you roll in laughter.
Enough of the reason I chose her, let me go straight to the point.
What has she been doing? . Of course, Reading!.

Just so you know, I'm also a big fan of books. One of the major reasons why I rarely log in to nairaland is because I've stocked my head's into reading books but unlike Ishilove, I'm into Chinese novels. You need to see the long list of books I'm hoping to read this month, oh how I wish there were 35 hours in a day. Ishilove has been completely mesmerized into her books that whenever I go through her diary updates, she just makes me add more books to read to my already piled up list.
Just so you know, the fact that I get to tap new books name from her gets me excited.
You're derailing , Yes I know. This post doesn't even go in accordance to the original topic but me, I just think it's fun writing this post tongue tongue tongue
What else what else? Listening to old school music's grin cheesy grin
Like, her tastes are so old school. Let me not even talk about how I find it weird that she likes their curly old fashion hair( ps I like 'em too ).

Ranting On Nairaland

Probably, apart from reading books, I think she spent most of her time on nairaland. She's either giving advice , complaining or dishing out jokes that will make you stop for a moment, think about it before bursting out in laughter. I don't even think she knows this happens to people who go through her comment. tongue tongue tongue tongue
---Ignoring people's call

I do think she spent most of her day hoping that people won't call her and when they do, she just prays that they ignore the fact that she has not call to check up on them. So relatable!!!

----- talking to herself and daydreaming
I think this is what she does whenever she's not reading or online. It's either she's in a sitting position or curled up on bed but whatever, she spends some of her time daydreaming.
I don't know if this makes up the 600 words count but I just felt that this is where I should drop my pen.
Ishilove smiley wink .
But come, where's my kissing emoji?
I'm outta here God knows when next I'll log in but Voooooooooooooooom

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by devlishGINGER(m): 7:42pm On Aug 18, 2020
armyofone:
grin grin grin
Highly creative!
#Liked#

grin thanks grin
Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by emmanuelsea(m): 8:08pm On Aug 18, 2020

How Bukatyne Spent Her Covid Lockdown

“The throng of humanity, from a plenitude of origin, race, culture and religion, forged their dreams in common voice- ‘This is my year’, they bellowed and their spirits clamoured in agreement, the frenzy of expectation rising exponentially. And then the virus struck”

The above quote from Frank Edoho aptly captures how the year 2020 started for many. All plans and programmes; faced with uncertainties as government imposed a total lockdown to curb the spread of a ravaging virus.

The ever enthusiastic and industrious Bukky Bukky never in her wildest imagination thought that a virus would throw the world into disarray, resulting into a stay at home order which forced her to work from home amidst exuberant kids and family members.

She spent her Covid-19 lockdown at her family home situated in a commercial city in the western part of Nigeria and it was an inspiring experience.

Not willing to make the home bored for herself and others, she remained focused on the benefits of the lockdown and had to readjust to the new lifestyle at home while carrying her family members along. The motivated Bukky saw the period as an opportunity to rediscover herself, do those things she never had time to do before and avoid complacency.

As a family woman, she never neglects her role in caring for the home. Not knowing how long the lockdown would last, she almost joined the multitude who got involved in panic buying, but she knew better and prepared herself for the unforeseen days.

Since the total lockdown also affected religious organization, she and her family joined their church online for virtual services. As an ardent believer of God and acquainted with the fact that God has ultimate authority over the affairs of men, she did not underestimate the place of prayer: day and night she spent quality time praying for herself, family, work, and nation trusting God to heal the land from the deadly virus. She believes that faith without work is dead, hence, in her bid to ensure safety for herself, family, friends and whoever cares to listen, she researched more on Covid-19 and ways to mitigate against the risk of exposure in the wake of the new normal as medical experts kept saying that Covid-19 is not going any time soon.

She also created time from her limited schedule to study online and offline because with knowledge one can be empowered and this in turn helped her stay up to date with latest trend along her career path and faith. She also learnt a vital skill online which obviously, would not had been easy if there was no lockdown.

Her lockdown experience would be incomplete without making mention of her presence on social media platforms, like Instagram, Youtube, especially Nairaland where she learnt a lot from other users and contributed immensely to topical issues and positively affected lives with her words of wisdom and encouragement.

She also had an enthralling moment watching old foreign movies and listening to music from her all-time favourite singers, including Darey Art Alade, Mariah Carey, R Kelly, John Legend, West Life, Boys II Men, The Corrs, etc, which reminded her of the good old days.

She kept abreast of latest development on covid-19 through the mass media almost on a daily basis and to her, the Federal Government’s intervention was not impressive at all as little or no known person receive any palliative around her vicinity.

One important lesson she learnt from the lockdown is that all material possessions like clothes, shoes, bags, jewelry and the likes may be pleasant things to have but they are ephemeral and not important in the face of a global pandemic.

Meanwhile, as the NCDC kept recording new cases daily and the government became unable to provide the necessary palliatives, the total lockdown was eased and our Nairaland’s Bukatyne could only hope and pray that the dreaded covid-19 comes to an end soon.

@ number 9. Hope I tried.

1 Like

Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by Ishilove: 8:11pm On Aug 18, 2020
Riele:
How I Think Ishilove Spent Her Days During The Covid19 Lockdown.
Responding to ifyalways post, here's my view sha.
I picked Ishilove because when reading through her posts, I sometimes wonder if it's just one person behind her moniker. Something in my head tells me that she has a twin sister who manages her nairaland account with her. grin Why did I say so? because sometimes, when you read her post, you marvel at her level of knowledge and while you are still lost in her uniqueness you stumbled over another post of her's whose personality is way different from the initial post you just read. One moment she's all serious and the other she's spewing words that'll make you roll in laughter.
Enough of the reason I chose her, let me go straight to the point.
What has she been doing? . Of course, Reading!.

Just so you know, I'm also a big fan of books. One of the major reasons why I rarely log in to nairaland is because I've stocked my head's into reading books but unlike Ishilove, I'm into Chinese novels. You need to see the long list of books I'm hoping to read this month, oh how I wish there were 35 hours in a day. Ishilove has been completely mesmerized into her books that whenever I go through her diary updates, she just makes me add more books to read to my already piled up list.
Just so you know, the fact that I get to tap new books name from her gets me excited.
You're derailing , Yes I know. This post doesn't even go in accordance to the original topic but me, I just think it's fun writing this post tongue tongue tongue
What else what else? Listening to old school music's grin cheesy grin
Like, her tastes are so old school. Let me not even talk about how I find it weird that she likes their curly old fashion hair( ps I like 'em too ).

Ranting On Nairaland

Probably, apart from reading books, I think she spent most of her time on nairaland. She's either giving advice , complaining or dishing out jokes that will make you stop for a moment, think about it before bursting out in laughter. I don't even think she knows this happens to people who go through her comment. tongue tongue tongue tongue
---Ignoring people's call

I do think she spent most of her day hoping that people won't call her and when they do, she just prays that they ignore the fact that she has not call to check up on him. So relatable!!!

----- talking to herself and daydreaming
I think this is what she does whenever she's not reading or online. It's either she's in a sitting position or curled up on bed but whatever, she spent some of her time daydreaming.
I don't know if this makes up the 600 words count but I just felt that this is where I should drop my pen.
Ishilove smiley wink .
But come, where's my kissing emoji?
I'm outta here Good knows when next I'll log in but Voooooooooooooooom
Come, young madam, fess up! When and how did you tap into my phone?? angry This is exactly how I spent my lockdown (plus a few other activities) embarassed

You are quite perceptive, you know. Your description shows you have studied me for quite a period of time. That's the thing about artsy people; they see the world through concave lenses.

Thank you for the compliments smiley

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by AududuNine11: 9:48pm On Aug 18, 2020
Ishilove:

Come, young madam, fess up! When and how did you tap into my phone?? angry This is exactly how I spent my lockdown (Sans a few other activities) embarassed

You are quite perceptive, you know. Your description shows you have studied me for quite a period of time. That's the thing about artsy people; they see the world through concave lenses.

Thank you for the compliments smiley

grin I also admire your style of writing, especially, mixing it with some dose of good humour ... You must be well grounded in literature I believe cool

2 Likes

Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by aflame100(m): 10:03pm On Aug 18, 2020
let me take a shot at number 2.

Giddyperson was furious. men! why didn't they ever listen?
Ever since an index case of the dreaded covid-19 was recorded in Nigeria, the number of positive cases had been rising and there was a General call for the government to shut all borders and enforce a lockdown. Her husband had gone for a business trip and she kept telling him to return home to avoid being stranded. In his usual optimistic manner, he assured her that it wouldn't get to that. Now, as she listened to the president issue the lockdown order and interstate travel ban, Giddy was angry: at her husband for not listening to her, at the government for not closing borders earlier and even at the Italian who was the index case in Nigeria. why didn't the bloody man stay back in his country biko?
The next day, Giddy went to the mall to get supplies. she had done bulk shopping a few days before so she just needed to stock up on a few items; plus, there was no telling how long the lockdown would last so she wanted to enjoy the last moments of free movement.
The first few days were fun. she played with her children, helped her daughter and her little cousin who lived with her with their online classes, worked on her laptop, talked to friends and family on the phone; sensitizing them on the need to adopt the safety measures of regular handwashing as well as the use of hand sanitizer.
As the days wore on, restlessness set in. she missed her husband terribly. their regular whatsapp chat was no longer enough. Despite havin the children and her cousin with her, she felt lonely.
Giddy wasn't really an outdoors person but being confined with 2 small children who were either crying for her attention or fighting over toys was doing something to her mind. several times she was tempted to drive over to her husband's family house but the fear of the Lagos state task force was greater. Even the children didn't understand why they had to stay indoors all day and were already crying for daddy.
Her daughter's birthday came and it was a low key affair since she could not throw a party. she however ordered some children books and a toy online for the birthday girl.
while she was going through her drawers one day, Giddy came upon the manuscript of a book she had started writing but abandoned. As she read through the pages, she felt a thrill run through her veins. she took up writing again and within a few days she had completed the book.
When the gradual ease of lockdown was announced, Giddy was overjoyed. she couldn't wait to get her life and more importantly, her husband back and she was truly thankful to God for the safety of her friends and family.

4 Likes

Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by zaynie(f): 10:29pm On Aug 18, 2020
nooker:
No.1 zaynie

The news filled her with great trepidation: finally, an index case in Nigeria! An Italian had tested positive to the novel corona virus disease which had first been discovered in Wuhan, China in December of 2019. As a microbiologist by training, Zayni knew how widespread a viral infection could be and if the reports from other countries was anything to go by, then, there was cause for real alarm. And given the poor state of Nigeria's healthcare, only a miracle could save the country. she confided her fears to her husband who waved it off; insisting that the government would tackle it like they did Ebola.
But in the days that followed, from the casualty reports of developed countries whose healthcare system were top notch, it became obvious that there was more to fighting the virus than having a good healthcare system. The media was rife with different campaigns advocating the use of of face masks in public places, social distancing and the use of alcohol based hand sanitizer.
For Zayni, hygiene had always being a priority in her home, but with the outbreak of a pandemic, she doubled her standards. she spoke to every member of her household on the need for regular handwashing and social distancing.
The social distancing aspects however, proved a little difficult especially for the children. This was because the lived in a large family compound which housed her husband's brothers and their families. it was difficult telling the children they couldn't play with their cousins as usual but she could not take chances. she also to took to her social media pages and her whatsapp status to sensitize people on the pandemic and give regular updates.
Finally, schools were shut down and a total lockdown order was issued. As a teacher by profession, Zayni had mixed feelings:she was happy that children ( hers including) were going to be safe at home but was sad that the children's learning had been interrupted. This latter problem was however solved by online classes organized by the school. In addition, the director of the school where she worked helped her get a private tutoring gig which kept her busy; plus the extra cash helped since her online clothing business was a bit slow due to the lockdown.
Another issue that bothered Zayni was the forthcoming Salah celebration and how the social distancing rules were going to be enforced.
Then she became sick and panic spread through all who knew her and their minds were filled with the unasked question:had she been infected by the covid-19 virus? she however shook off the illness after some days. Days to the beginning of the Ramadan Fasting, zayni resolved to providing dinner for as many as she could. It had been a long time dream of hers and she was determined to follow through this year. This turned out to be huge success and every evening for the duration of the fast, people lined up outside the gate to receive food, whether fasting or not. she received accolades for this gesture both online and offline.
one day, her sister-in-law was complaining that the covid-19 scare made it difficult to go to the market for foodstuffs and buying online was risky due to scammers. As the woman went on and on, Zayni remembered the chat she had with one of her friends who sold soup items online about business being slow. she knew a lot of women like her sister-in-law who needed convenient shopping without risks and a few people like her friend who were in the food business but were experiencing low sales. Then she hit on a bright idea. she became a middleman, connecting both sellers and buyers. she would advertise the sellers on her whatsapp status and on her social media page, the buyers place orders and payments. deliveries are made through courier and everybody is happy. she named the platform Ojazaynie. she had become a market woman by chance.

As the lockdown is gradually being eased, Zayni prays for better days.

I fear who no fear you shocked

100% leleyiiiiii

Who you?

3 Likes

Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by tope2045(m): 11:19pm On Aug 18, 2020
Check out my blog for amazing hacks to earn money on the internet Nigerian are know by the Americans as hackers wanna know why

https://dorknett..com/?m=1&zx=b80435a244f3e346

Click � � � � � � � �
Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by Giddyperson: 11:24pm On Aug 18, 2020
viettastitches:
2. giddyperson

I do not claim to personally know the individual behind the moniker "giddyperson", but being ardent follower of hers on diaryland and knowing her personality on the pregnancy and newborn thread, I think I can somewhat imagine how the must have spent her days during the covid 19 lockdown period.

The day was 27 February 2020,and just like everyone else,giddy was shocked with the news of the Italian expatriate who had brought the virus to Ogun state. It was with keen interest she listened and read as the number of people who had come in contact with the index case increased everyday, and so it wasn't really a surprise to her when the lockdown was announced all around the country.she received the news with mixed feelings.what giddy hadn't expected was the suddenness of the travel ban,seeing as Mr giddy was away for business in another state.
giddy welcomed this sudden and terrifying changes with an initial panic,buying foodstuff in very large quantities,stocking up hand sanitizers, worrying about her family members far or near, wondering if she was overreacting, working from home with two very active toddlers,and still taking care of her kids.it was really tiring.giddy was also astonished by the, sudden inflation of everything in the m WA stateket. Even the traders didn't exactly know if to blame the price hike on the covid 19 Pandemic or the new exchange rate in the Forex market.it was obvious to giddy that the hike in price was as a result of the high demand of goods caused by the fact that everyone was panic shopping and buying things in bulk. Everyday giddy would try to find out if there was news about vaccines and also check out the growing number of infected people in Nigeria.

Eventually, giddy got used to her new routine.she enjoyed staying at home and spending time with her kids.she took herself through a new phase of self discovery.the virus suddenly did not feel so dreadful anymore and although she still tried to apply necessary preventative measures when necessary,it did not seem as scary as it initially did.she was even more elated when Mr giddy came back home. kpekus has a way of making everything more interesting in ways you can't even imagine..

In summary,giddy person spent her covid 19 lockdown trying to stay safe and keeping her kids safe while adapting to the new changes caused by the pandemic.

I am sure her lockdown probably must have been more dramatic than I have tried to describe and I also bet she ended up enjoying it.

Wow I like kiss

1 Like

Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by Pharrell007(m): 1:22am On Aug 19, 2020
WORK OPPORTUNITY NEW DRINKS PRODUCING COMPANY PART TIME & DAILY WORKERS! МONTHLY INCOME UР TO 30,000 QUALIFICATIONS. Male & female. 18 years & above. Minimum of SSCE Hardworking CALL INFORMATION MANAGER FOR DETAILS AND ADDRESS. 08077113980
Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by viettastitches(f): 6:44am On Aug 19, 2020
Giddyperson:

Wow I like kiss
hehehehe.i am glad you like it.

1 Like

Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by Giddyperson: 7:14am On Aug 19, 2020
aflame100:
let me take a shot at number 2.

Giddyperson was furious. men! why didn't they ever listen?
Ever since an index case of the dreaded covid-19 was recorded in Nigeria, the number of positive cases had been rising and there was a General call for the government to shut all borders and enforce a lockdown. Her husband had gone for a business trip and she kept telling him to return home to avoid being stranded. In his usual optimistic manner, he assured her that it wouldn't get to that. Now, as she listened to the president issue the lockdown order and interstate travel ban, Giddy was angry: at her husband for not listening to her, at the government for not closing borders earlier and even at the Italian who was the index case in Nigeria. why didn't the bloody man stay back in his country biko?
The next day, Giddy went to the mall to get supplies. she had done bulk shopping a few days before so she just needed to stock up on a few items; plus, there was no telling how long the lockdown would last so she wanted to enjoy the last moments of free movement.
The first few days were fun. she played with her children, helped her daughter and her little cousin who lived with her with their online classes, worked on her laptop, talked to friends and family on the phone; sensitizing them on the need to adopt the safety measures of regular handwashing as well as the use of hand sanitizer.
As the days wore on, restlessness set in. she missed her husband terribly. their regular whatsapp chat was no longer enough. Despite havin the children and her cousin with her, she felt lonely.
Giddy wasn't really an outdoors person but being confined with 2 small children who were either crying for her attention or fighting over toys was doing something to her mind. several times she was tempted to drive over to her husband's family house but the fear of the Lagos state task force was greater. Even the children didn't understand why they had to stay indoors all day and were already crying for daddy.
Her daughter's birthday came and it was a low key affair since she could not throw a party. she however ordered some children books and a toy online for the birthday girl.
while she was going through her drawers one day, Giddy came upon the manuscript of a book she had started writing but abandoned. As she read through the pages, she felt a thrill run through her veins. she took up writing again and within a few days she had completed the book.
When the gradual ease of lockdown was announced, Giddy was overjoyed. she couldn't wait to get her life and more importantly, her husband back and she was truly thankful to God for the safety of her friends and family.
Awww, how do you people know me so well cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by Goalnaldo(m): 9:37am On Aug 19, 2020
I wish pocohantas was among them. I think I know something about her more than the rest.
Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by Ishilove: 10:27am On Aug 19, 2020
AududuNine11:

grin I also admire your style of writing, especially, mixing it with some dose of good humour ... You must be well grounded in literature I believe cool
We do our best smiley

3 Likes

Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by 11thGoldTREE: 12:04pm On Aug 19, 2020
How I think Gboliwe spent the covid19 lockdown.
As the world is gradually recovering from lockdown effects, we are starting to understand why people's online presence increased tremendously during that period. While some choose to share a piece of their private cake around the internet some chose not too. Regardless, I can tell you how Gboliwe spent her lockdown.

Gboliwe as an organized person lives a well timed life. When the lockdown happened, she started working from home and this provided enough time for her to focus on various digital currency market. She was already welcoming customers with the clause "knock and I will open".

She traded bitcoins and made a fortune more than enough to acquire a dashcam. It was capable of recording bribe seeking security operative using the lockdown to extort Nigerian citizens. But one of the days the lockdown was relaxed, she tried driving to her freight company only for her car's engine to stalls or go off in traffic when AC is on.

She felt disappointed and had to call Mukila to check the AC. God so good, Mukila got it right and told her how the compressor was too big for the engine. She had her doubts about Mukila's diagnostics and had to confirm online if Mukila was actually right. She knows she needed the AC after all, what's a car with an AC full option for Madam grin

Sometimes when she gets bored, she devotes her time to reading books by Steve Cavanagh, John Grisham, Dan Brown and other crime solving novels. This is more of the reasons why during the lockdown she was busting scammers she came across left and right.

When she isn't reading, her wireless neck band which she got as a gift is at optimal function. You can find her listening to Christian songs and most especially Nathaniel Bassey who she believes is a huge blessing to the church. Oh least I forget, she became a prayer warrior during the lockdown. As a patriotic citizen knowing fully well how people were suffering before t and comparing it to the lockdown, she prayed earnestly to father in heaven, just like Christ prayed at Gethsemane. The only difference was that she couldn't shed blood. I can't blame her, she already knows this country is set to kill us with different burdens if we are not saved by God.

Gboliwe worried about the increase of unemployed youth in the country during the lockdown tried to set up an interview for qualified candidates by posting job vacancy through her consulting firm. She is always willing to be of help and a dating lady.

At a point she wanted to help in contact tracing of a patient who contacted the Corona virus. She kept trying to know the name of the private hospital where the patient was held.

Gboliwe is a big fan of Big Brother NIGERIA. She has been following the Program well enough to know the sets that are serious cast and the set that are most unserious housemates. She has already prepared her own eviction notice for the cast Lilo and Eric.
She doesn't fancy thier relationships and entanglements because it bores her.
Gboliwe thinks the housmates will do better getting married outside the show and have their honeymoon maybe somewhere in Dubai. Notwithstanding, when it's time to vote for her favourite contestant, she chooses to register more simcards inorder to vote Neo and Kaisha and also other housemates that catch her fancy.

One thing I have noticed about the Moniker which I used to confuse for a man is that she is kind hearted and lives less private trails.
Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by tipsy01(m): 12:36pm On Aug 19, 2020
Sisisioge @ no 5
From far away in China we heard its rumors which later spread like a wildfire. Just like every other news, we ignored it and continued our daily routine. No sooner we heard it has stung other nations. All around the globe it spread even unto the black nations. Without preparation, we were thrown into confusion.Heartbeats running faster, the world had to go on a lockdown.

No flight, no ride, everywhere was like a dead night even in the bright sunlight. In no time, social distancing was the mantra in every tongue. But we all had our fairy & tragic tales from the compulsory Covid break imposed on us. Sisisioge has been this lady folks guider I've always admire from distance. She barely engages in e-fights, she believes in proving her points in every arguments, and probably let go for others to deal with you when you throw shades at her. Her vast knowledge in Fashion & entertainment intrigues me a lot, most especially how she managed to cut across Politics, movies & Sport. Still don't know if she still does her paintings.
No dulling moment for her side ooo. The lockdown had helped her perfect her kitchen hand tricks, if only they offer degrees in that field ehnn, nah only God knows the numbers of degrees she would have gotten.

Why shouldn't I enter her head to tap into those fountains. Hmmm, a family lover. To her, family comes first.
To friends & family, the covid was a prayer answered that they would have to see more of her around. She is too engrossed with work and making money. grin

Initially, she was happy that she would have the time for herself, her suspended dates, and more time with clothing & cooking.
Days ran into weeks, and weeks into months, then it dawn on her that she needs to resume work to get more of her bills sorted out. Being an independent lady, she hates the idea of bothering families to take care of her needs, but loves lending out to save souls. One won't dispute her charitable and loving heart.
In another note, she can love romance ehnn, I think She wrote many Disney movie's Scripts. She can lecture you on how boring your chiking lines are, and can praise the romantic one when used rightly. I'm yet to see any of her published books on relationship. Maybe she is keeping that as a surprise for everyone.

Outings started becoming stressful for her has she was getting more than she bargained for, Nairaland became another home extension she was visiting more often, and she was able to get herself some good outfit she sewed herself.

Filled with humor, she infects everyone she comes across with laughter. More online friends were made, more tours she had & jotted down from the Fashion world, and more love she shared during the Covid break.
I believe she still have more left to share after the Break. You can contact her for yours.
Sisisioge, I hope you'll manage this.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by sisisioge: 3:17pm On Aug 19, 2020
tipsy01:
Sisisioge @ no 5
We all had our fairy & tragic tales from the compulsory Covid break imposed on us. Sisisioge has been this lady folks guider I've always admire from distance. She barely engages in e-fights, she believes in proving her points in every arguments, and probably let go for others to deal with you when you throw shades at her. Her vast knowledge in Fashion & entertainment intrigues me a lot, most especially how she managed to cut across Politics, movies & Sport. Still don't know if she still does her paintings.
No dulling moment for her side ooo. The lockdown had helped her perfect her kitchen hand tricks, if only they offer degrees in that field ehnn, nah only God knows the numbers of degrees she would have gotten.

Why shouldn't I enter her head to tap into those fountains. Hmmm, a family lover. To her, family comes first.
To friends & family, the covid was a prayer answered that they would have to see more of her around. She is too engrossed with work and making money. grin

Initially, she was happy that she would have the time for herself, her suspended dates, and more time with clothing & cooking.
Days ran into weeks, and weeks into months, then it dawn on her that she needs to resume work to get more of her bills sorted out. Being an independent lady, she hates the idea of bothering families to take care of her needs, but loves lending out to save souls. One won't dispute her charitable and loving heart.
In another note, she can love romance ehnn, I think She wrote many Disney movie's Scripts. She can lecture you on how boring your chiking lines are, and can praise the romantic one when used rightly. I'm yet to see any of her published books on relationship. Maybe she is keeping that as a surprise for everyone.

Outings started becoming stressful for her has she was getting more than she bargained for, Nairaland became another home extension she was visiting more often, and she was able to get herself some good outfit she sewed herself.

Filled with humor, she infects everyone she comes across with laughter. More online friends were made, more tours she had & jotted down from the Fashion world, and more love she shared during the Covid break.
I believe she still have more left to share after the Break. You can contact her for yours.
Sisisioge, I hope you'll manage this.

No be small thing o...lovely read! Well done!

3 Likes

Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by tipsy01(m): 3:49pm On Aug 19, 2020
sisisioge:

No be small thing o...lovely read! Well done!
Thanks a lot Sisi. cheesy
Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by vhuqnl(m): 4:42pm On Aug 19, 2020
ifyalways:
1. Zaynie
2. Giddyperson
3. Ujujoan2
3. Kanwuliaextra
4. Gboliwe
5. Sisisioge
6. Ishilove
7. Blank
8. ArmyofOne
9.Bukatyne
10. Ifyalways
11..Dominique

Essay subject : Pick any one out of the above list of female Nlders, write a 600 words essay on how you believe she spent her Covid lockdown.
You dont have to stalk or PM them, just look through their profile and try to get a hang of their e-personality then write something you think they'll like.

I wont be the judge so dont try to impress me, the ladies will be the judge. grin There will be 2 winners of 5K each per person and a total of 22 winners (110K)

To avoid spamming their mentions, Just indicate who you will be writing about with its corresponding number. There can be as many essays as possible for each person but ONLY the best 2 essays as chosen by the ladies themselves will be winners.

Submission of essays starts Monday 9am and ends Wednesday 6pm. Winners will be announced and credited Thursday and Friday. Goodluck. smiley

PS: Dont quote me so we dont spam their mentions.
This ishihatered again

1 Like

Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by Ningen(m): 4:56pm On Aug 19, 2020
How I imagined Blank spend her Lockdown.

The media was saturated with news update about the world in demise and a lot of countries started to close down their borders in order to protect their citizens from the corona pandemic. Blank noticed the evolving trend and thus immediately decided to seek for permission from her employers to work from home. This will not only allow her to work safely from the confines of her room but also allow her to travel abroad together with her family.

A week after her request was granted, Blank and her husband along with their 3 lovely children flew across the Atlantic to the US. This was a decision taken with very little time to prepare and so expectedly, the first 3 days after their arrival was hectic. Taking care of her family in the day time and working late into the night due to timing differences with her home country took a toil on her. It wasn't easy. She thought about getting a nanny to make things easier but for some reason decided not to. Eventually though, she immediately signed up her youngest child up for daycare. With him in good hands, ‘she could breathe easier, work better and still put an eye on her older boys’.

As predicted, things got easier for blank at least for about a week until unfortunately, the daycare had to close down after a nation wide lockdown order was issued by the government. To prepare for the coming event, she and her family wasted no time in rushing to a supermarket to purchase and stock up on all the necessary provisions that'll last them for the uncertain future.

After the lockdown began, life became a little stressful for Blank. The initial early days were chaotic and tiring, typical of a full house. Staying indoors and not being allowed to go outside was a new experience for her and her family. They were all anxious and uneasy. They'd watch the news everyday and it's always about people dying from corona and health care workers fighting a battle to save lives. It breaks her heart every time she sees such sad news and her patriotic nature usually compels her to say a word of prayer for her home country.

A few weeks later, the BLM movement started. Blank had to stop her kids from watching the news because paranoia was gradually seeping into their lives. To help her family survive this, she came up with a new routine. She'd wake up early hours of the morning for her private time and then wake up the whole family an hour later. After breakfast, the children attend to their morning chores and then study online for a stipulated period with TV and game time sandwiched in between. Occasionally she'd make them go outside for a walk but they don't like that. They would rather stay indoors because they are afraid of coming into contact with infected people. She also taught her kids how to ‘make basic food so they can fetch their breakfast, warm their food, make sandwiches, fry eggs, etc.’ Soon the routine became a part of them and they all adjusted to it. Life started to sink in, and their mood started to change. Friends and family reached out to them to know how they are coping.

A new passion for cooking spontaneously took hold of Blank's husband. He cooked and baked and cooked. Blank wasn't really into cooking though. She instead tried to help her kids to understand creative arts but it was futile as they couldn't do it on their own without making a huge mess. For the rest of the lockdown period, Blank concentrate on her work. And with her exams coming up, she has started prepping for it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (68) (Reply)

Federal Airports Authority Of Nigeria Recruitment 2015 / Total E&P Limited - 2019 Recruitment (many Positions) / Lagos State Teachers Recruitment 2019 - 2020 (How To Apply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 164
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.