Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:32 PM

Opinion: APC Can Now Consider South-south For 2023 Presidential Ticket - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: APC Can Now Consider South-south For 2023 Presidential Ticket (5688 Views)

APC Leaders Visit Tinubu, Consider S’south For Senate President, N’west For Spea / Opinion: APC Is Nigeria’s Number One Problem - Oyewole Michael / Felix Obuah: Expelling Oshiomhole From APC Can Lead To Suicide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: APC Can Now Consider South-south For 2023 Presidential Ticket by Nyamuriflathead: 5:12pm On Feb 25, 2019
It's astonishing to see APC break into South-south, a supposedly PDP strong hold. APC has clinched sensitive NASS positions in Edo, Delta, Rivers, akwaiakwa and even bayelsa, and have contributed an unimaginable and overwhelming quarter of votes for buhari's re-election.

In my own opinion, the Senate presidency has to be zoned to the south south as compensation for Saturday's vote trend. Akpabio or omo-agege are formost candidates on my mind.
South-south should also be considered for the 2023 APC ticket

My reasons is

There's a need to comprehensively integrate the South-south people into APC to serve as compensation for a job well done.
For sometime now, there's been an erroneous misconception about APC being A Yoruba-hausa fulani Islamic party. This flawed ideology was as result of the non inclusiveness of the stakeholders in the region in crucial decision making of the party an or political dispensations, due to perceived low participation and strong commitment of members from the region. it's expedient to annex the south south into APC inorder change the narratives of the south-south people, the image of Apc and gain more in roads into the region.

What is your opinion?

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Opinion: APC Can Now Consider South-south For 2023 Presidential Ticket by Asshurbanipal: 5:20pm On Feb 25, 2019
After declaring war on innocent citizens? After discovering massive rejection in SW you invaded SS, killed their people and wrote fake results then start romancing their ego to cover up the rejection you suffered in the territories of enlightened nigerians? These abookiis realy amuse me. People need good governance and all inclusive government not promising political rewards to loyal slaves. SW votes should open your eyes

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: APC Can Now Consider South-south For 2023 Presidential Ticket by capitalzero: 5:21pm On Feb 25, 2019
Tinubu is contesting for presidency in 2023 and he will win apc ticket.

8 Likes

Re: Opinion: APC Can Now Consider South-south For 2023 Presidential Ticket by cutesmilez(f): 5:21pm On Feb 25, 2019
Lol.... That's the mistake the southwest made..... APC will never give power to the SW in 2023.... Just watch.... The North will still want to continue

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: APC Can Now Consider South-south For 2023 Presidential Ticket by sammyj: 5:24pm On Feb 25, 2019
After Tinubu campaigned vigorously for Buhari . Abeg leave storeeey !!! angry
cutesmilez:
Lol.... That's the mistake the southwest made..... APC will never give power to the SW in 2023.... Just watch.... The North will still want to continue

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: APC Can Now Consider South-south For 2023 Presidential Ticket by danot1030: 5:26pm On Feb 25, 2019
I may partially agree with you so far south east is out of the equation

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: APC Can Now Consider South-south For 2023 Presidential Ticket by cutesmilez(f): 5:27pm On Feb 25, 2019
sammyj:
After Tinubu campaigned vigorously for Buhari . Abeg leave storeeey !!! angry
It's politics..... APC is more of a Northern party, not a Western party.... APC as a party will not give the SW presidential Ticket in 2023.... Just watch

9 Likes

Re: Opinion: APC Can Now Consider South-south For 2023 Presidential Ticket by Nyamuriflathead: 5:36pm On Feb 25, 2019
capitalzero:

Yes, so I heard. But it's annoying to see PDP gain inroads into OYO and Ondo. It doesn't tell well of tinubus purported ambition. Yorubas will vote against him like they did on saturday. i think the president should come from the South-south. SGF and Senate presidency can go to South-west subsequently. We won't have problems winning such election Even if PDP should decide to field a northerner, because middlebelt, parts of north, South-west won't have problems voting for a south-South candidate, like they would a southeast candidate.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: APC Can Now Consider South-south For 2023 Presidential Ticket by Babacele: 5:38pm On Feb 25, 2019
capitalzero:
he is not interested.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: APC Can Now Consider South-south For 2023 Presidential Ticket by helinues: 5:39pm On Feb 25, 2019
capitalzero:

Tinubu can't and will never contest for Nigeria presidency. Take that to the bank

7 Likes

Re: Opinion: APC Can Now Consider South-south For 2023 Presidential Ticket by Bizibi(m): 5:39pm On Feb 25, 2019
Nigeria hasn't moved forward,this one is talking about 2023.....

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: APC Can Now Consider South-south For 2023 Presidential Ticket by Nyamuriflathead: 5:40pm On Feb 25, 2019
Asshurbanipal:
After declaring war on innocent citizens?

It was borne out of emotions.
Good thing is, we still share the same country with them. We need to be strategic in our thinking if we must rule this country in peace and in longevity.
Re: Opinion: APC Can Now Consider South-south For 2023 Presidential Ticket by Kingsley10000: 5:44pm On Feb 25, 2019
ss try well for apc

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: APC Can Now Consider South-south For 2023 Presidential Ticket by tech18: 5:44pm On Feb 25, 2019
Nyamuriflathead:
It's astonishing to see APC break into South-south, a supposedly PDP strong hold. APC has clinched sensitive NASS positions in Edo, Delta, Rivers, akwaiakwa and even bayelsa, and have contributed an unimaginable and overwhelming quarter of votes for buhari's re-election.

In my own opinion, the Senate presidency has to be zoned to the south south as compensation for Saturday's vote trend. Akpabio or omo-agege are formost candidates on my mind.
South-south should also be considered for the 2023 APC ticket

My reasons is

There's a need to comprehensively integrate the South-south people into APC to serve as compensation for a job well done.
For sometime now, there's been an erroneous misconception about APC being A Yoruba-hausa fulani Islamic party. This flawed ideology was as result of the non inclusiveness of the stakeholders in the region in crucial decision making of the party an or political dispensations, due to perceived low participation and strong commitment of members from the region. it's expedient to annex the south south into APC inorder change the narratives of the south-south people, the image of Apc and gain more in roads into the region.

What is your opinion?

You have forgotten that Jonathan is from SS
.He spent 6 years as president.

I think it is time for Igbos

5 Likes

Re: Opinion: APC Can Now Consider South-south For 2023 Presidential Ticket by netpro(m): 5:50pm On Feb 25, 2019
I do hope SS and SW can help SE clinch 2023 despite all the venom. Come 2023 all the major parties will likely file SE candidates.

Congratulations Nigeria. Sai Buhari. We nailed it.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: APC Can Now Consider South-south For 2023 Presidential Ticket by Nyamuriflathead: 5:53pm On Feb 25, 2019
cutesmilez:

How will the North still want to continue ruling after exhausting her two terms under APC? If the north was so bent on ruling for life we'd have been more fixated with voting ATIKU than re-electing buhari. Infact, it's you Southerners who want to extend our rule till after 2023 with your choice of ATIKU because of disunity amongst yourselves.

5 Likes

Re: Opinion: APC Can Now Consider South-south For 2023 Presidential Ticket by capitalzero: 5:57pm On Feb 25, 2019
Babacele:
he is not interested.
He is.
Re: Opinion: APC Can Now Consider South-south For 2023 Presidential Ticket by agabusta: 5:58pm On Feb 25, 2019
Oshiomhole!
Re: Opinion: APC Can Now Consider South-south For 2023 Presidential Ticket by cutesmilez(f): 5:59pm On Feb 25, 2019
Nyamuriflathead:

How will the North still want to continue ruling after exhausting her two terms under APC? If the north was so bent on ruling for life we'd have been more fixated with voting ATIKU than re-electing buhari. Infact, it's you Southerners who want to extend our rule till after 2023 with your choice of ATIKU because of disunity amongst yourselves.
An average Northerner supporting ATIKU isn't about disunity..... The North will still want to continue after Pmb... That's d truth

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: APC Can Now Consider South-south For 2023 Presidential Ticket by yemmight(m): 6:00pm On Feb 25, 2019
For what?
Re: Opinion: APC Can Now Consider South-south For 2023 Presidential Ticket by Nyamuriflathead: 6:01pm On Feb 25, 2019
tech18:

Igbo Pls let's be realistic igbos won't be given a Presidential ticket under APC. and let's assume they were given the ticket, it would likely go to okorocha or orji uzor kalu and not your preferred Peter obi. Take for instance PDP decides to field Peter obi against orji uzor kalu for instance... The bulk of Igbo votes will likely go to Peter obi. That means defeat even in orjis region... Igbos don't enjoy the Goodwill amongst other Nigerians to warrant the OBassanjo support. It will be impossible to have an Igbo candidate from APC.. let's stick with reality pls

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: APC Can Now Consider South-south For 2023 Presidential Ticket by Kingsley10000: 6:03pm On Feb 25, 2019
South south voted 50% for apc

buhari should appreciate them

1 Like

Re: Opinion: APC Can Now Consider South-south For 2023 Presidential Ticket by fergie001: 6:04pm On Feb 25, 2019
tech18:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Opinion: APC Can Now Consider South-south For 2023 Presidential Ticket by fergie001: 6:07pm On Feb 25, 2019
Nyamuriflathead:

Igbo Pls let's be realistic igbos won't be given a Presidential ticket under APC. and let's assume they were given the ticket, it would likely go to okorocha or orji uzor kalu and not your preferred Peter obi. Take for instance PDP decides to field Peter obi against orji uzor kalu for instance... The bulk of Igbo votes will likely go to Peter obi. That means defeat even in orjis region... Igbos don't enjoy the Goodwill amongst other Nigerians to warrant the OBassanjo support. It will be impossible to have an Igbo candidate from APC.. let's stick with reality pls
Pdp won't field a south easterner in 2023...God keeping us all alive.....

That has been ouk and kalu's dreams from time immemorial. The problem is the Igbos themselves won't personally vote them against a Peter Obi or any other person. So,it's fail fail.....
The PDP will go to the SS themselves or go to the North...my thinking....

SS...looks promising because of the in-routes they made. They made a bold statement with this election.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opinion: APC Can Now Consider South-south For 2023 Presidential Ticket by NothingDoMe: 6:09pm On Feb 25, 2019
Bizibi:
Nigeria hasn't moved forward,this one is talking about 2023.....
Lol.
Re: Opinion: APC Can Now Consider South-south For 2023 Presidential Ticket by Nyamuriflathead: 6:09pm On Feb 25, 2019
cutesmilez:
An average Northerner supporting ATIKU isn't about disunity..... The North will still want to continue after Pmb... That's d truth

It's not the truth. It's your opinion

U can't even state a reason why u feel so... Can you

Let's assume the north continues to rule after 2023.. from what zone do you expect their votes to come from in the south? South-west? That's impossible... We are not bereft of political calculations here in the north.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: APC Can Now Consider South-south For 2023 Presidential Ticket by JusticeSeeker: 6:17pm On Feb 25, 2019
@OP, your thought is as good as mine. Let's create a group that will champion, propagate and drum this into the ears of Nigerians. Amaechi is a good candidate for this project. #AMAECHI2023BYGOD'SGRACE

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: APC Can Now Consider South-south For 2023 Presidential Ticket by Nyamuriflathead: 6:18pm On Feb 25, 2019
danot1030:
I may partially agree with you so far south east is out of the equation

I deliberately didn't talk about the southeast because.

1. An Igbo man won't get votes from the north.. a new party could even be form to averted such possibility.. and that could be the end of APC.

2. Even if southeast was to be giving the ticket, igbos won't vote for rochas or orji uzor kalu who are likely to be flagbearers of APC.

3. Southeast does not enjoy political Goodwill amongst NIGERIAns. Even in the South-south they lack Goodwill there.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: APC Can Now Consider South-south For 2023 Presidential Ticket by nedu666: 6:20pm On Feb 25, 2019
The north will neva neva neva buhari will neva cede power to the south. because the day the south will revise pmb northernazation policy. Secondly pmb has set a bad precedent tru his northern l dont care policy . Another zone will do the same and damn the consequences. Example if osinbanjo is president he will b greatest living fool if he does not make a yoruba man inec chairman, coas, police, dss, cjn. U get d drift
Re: Opinion: APC Can Now Consider South-south For 2023 Presidential Ticket by JusticeSeeker: 6:22pm On Feb 25, 2019
Nyamuriflathead:

I deliberately didn't talk about the southeast because.

1. An Igbo man won't get votes from the north.. a new party could even be form to averted such possibility.. and that could be the end of APC.

2. Even if southeast was to be giving the ticket, igbos won't vote for rochas or orji uzor kalu who are likely to be flagbearers of APC.

3. Southeast does not enjoy political Goodwill amongst NIGERIAns. Even in the South-south they lack Goodwill there.
They've missed an opportunity to rule this country by refusing to support Buhari this year. South - South is the next.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: APC Can Now Consider South-south For 2023 Presidential Ticket by Viergeachar: 6:24pm On Feb 25, 2019
Nyamuriflathead:

Yes, so I heard. But it's annoying to see PDP gain inroads into OYO and Ondo. It doesn't tell well of tinubus purported ambition. Yorubas will vote against him like they did on saturday. i think the president should come from the South-south. SGF and Senate presidency can go to South-west subsequently. We won't have problems winning such election Even if PDP should decide to field a northerner, because middlebelt, parts of north, South-west won't have problems voting for a south-South candidate, like they w.ould a southeast candidate.

So the SS where PDP is winning deserves the APC presidential ticket more than the SW where APC has won

Loooonatics everywhere... grin

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: APC Can Now Consider South-south For 2023 Presidential Ticket by cutesmilez(f): 6:26pm On Feb 25, 2019
Nyamuriflathead:

It's not the truth. It's your opinion

U can't even state a reason why u feel so... Can you

Let's assume the north continues to rule after 2023.. from what zone do you expect their votes to come from in the south? South-west? That's impossible... We are not bereft of political ideas here in the north.
Alright.... I take it as my opinion.... Nigeria's politics can't be predicted.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

BREAKING: OPEC Re-elects Nigeria’s Barkindo As Secretary-general / Enugu @ 28: Ugwuanyi And Dreams Of Founding Fathers / A Staunch Buhari Supporter Receives His Own Dividend Of Democracy (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.