Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,816 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:18 PM

I Have Fulfilled My Promise To Retire Akume - Ortom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Have Fulfilled My Promise To Retire Akume - Ortom (32230 Views)

Wike: I Have Fulfilled My Promises To Judiciary / Buhari: I Have Kept My Promise To End Boko Haram / Seyi Makinde Visits Lautech University Says "I Will Fulfill My Promise" - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have Fulfilled My Promise To Retire Akume - Ortom by References: 4:40am On Feb 27, 2019
Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom, on Tuesday said he had fulfilled his promise to send his former boss, George Akume, into retirement.

Akume, who was the All Progressives Congress’ senatorial candidate for Benue North-West, lost to his Peoples Democratic Party’s opponent, Orker Jev.

Ortom spoke during a press conference held at the Government House, Makurdi.

The governor boasted that everything he said politically concerning Akume had come to pass.

He said, “Tell me one thing I told you before that has never come to pass. Anything l tell you must come to pass because I don’t just say it. I speak from the inspiration of God.

“I told you that I would send Akume into retirement. You can now see it happening.

“People who play God should know that their end will be disastrous. I have read the Bible from Genesis to Revelation and I know that anyone that compares himself to God can never survive.

“God is real. Psalm 24 said the earth and its fullness thereof belong to God.

“So, when people begin to play God, they are taking the position of God. Their end will be disastrous because you cannot share the glory of God.”

Ortom said he was sure of victory in the forthcoming governorship election.

“There is no hurdle to scale over my governorship election in the state,” he said.

https://punchng.com/i-have-fulfilled-my-promise-to-retire-akume-says-ortom/

25 Likes

Re: I Have Fulfilled My Promise To Retire Akume - Ortom by siraj1402(m): 4:51am On Feb 27, 2019
Ok
Re: I Have Fulfilled My Promise To Retire Akume - Ortom by bender79: 5:02am On Feb 27, 2019
Are you sure you will survive your own seat?

53 Likes

Re: I Have Fulfilled My Promise To Retire Akume - Ortom by adecz: 5:18am On Feb 27, 2019
So, now it's your own time
to play God abi?

My people have a saying that;

"you don't insult the crocodile until
you have crossed the river".

Your 'river crossing' is coming up
on 9th March & baba crocodile is hungry & angry.

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Have Fulfilled My Promise To Retire Akume - Ortom by januzaj(m): 5:51am On Feb 27, 2019
How can you say you retire someone that has access to federal power?
If we are talking about people that got retired permanently on Saturday, we are talking about Obasanjo and Saraki.
Last last you will be atikualright

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Have Fulfilled My Promise To Retire Akume - Ortom by fergie001: 5:52am On Feb 27, 2019
Lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Have Fulfilled My Promise To Retire Akume - Ortom by Maromark(m): 5:56am On Feb 27, 2019
Oblivion is the place

1 Like

Re: I Have Fulfilled My Promise To Retire Akume - Ortom by tuniski: 5:57am On Feb 27, 2019
januzaj:
How can you say you retire someone that has access to federal power?
If we are talking about people that got retired permanently on Saturday, we are talking about Obasanjo and Saraki.
Last last you will be atikualright
Nobody is retired they only lost elections. Buhari lost 3 times and never retired.

Congratz to #teamBuhari for us on #teamatiku we move on, 4yrs will soon fly by with life and we go again.

69 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Fulfilled My Promise To Retire Akume - Ortom by NUJABEZ: 7:14am On Feb 27, 2019
You have done your bit, sir!

There's ready made job waiting for you here: https://www.nairaland.com/5049435/virtual-impeccable-attention-detail-needed

N120K per month is cool cash. Apply now!
Re: I Have Fulfilled My Promise To Retire Akume - Ortom by Nairalandmentor(m): 11:16am On Feb 27, 2019
shocked
Re: I Have Fulfilled My Promise To Retire Akume - Ortom by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 11:17am On Feb 27, 2019
Re: I Have Fulfilled My Promise To Retire Akume - Ortom by richidinho(m): 11:17am On Feb 27, 2019
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Have Fulfilled My Promise To Retire Akume - Ortom by Nobody: 11:17am On Feb 27, 2019
Well done

2 Likes

Re: I Have Fulfilled My Promise To Retire Akume - Ortom by drey076(m): 11:18am On Feb 27, 2019
it is too early for statement like this

gov ortom should watch his back

3 Likes

Re: I Have Fulfilled My Promise To Retire Akume - Ortom by gudnex22(m): 11:18am On Feb 27, 2019
We from Benue will retire you on the 9th.
Oga please cross the river before you insult the crocodile.

18 Likes

Re: I Have Fulfilled My Promise To Retire Akume - Ortom by Maket: 11:19am On Feb 27, 2019
Senator Akume ... Yaba.left
D mark ................. Yaba left
Saraki..................Yaba left
Dino.....................lucky

Who is to follow......ORtOM wiil answer the call on the 9th march.

Its the will of the people not by your doing.

7 Likes

Re: I Have Fulfilled My Promise To Retire Akume - Ortom by martineverest(m): 11:19am On Feb 27, 2019
look at this useless and inept governor

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Fulfilled My Promise To Retire Akume - Ortom by Nobody: 11:20am On Feb 27, 2019
With that slim victory for Atiku in Benue, Ortom will lose his re-election bid. Mark this post

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Fulfilled My Promise To Retire Akume - Ortom by martineverest(m): 11:20am On Feb 27, 2019
he will be compensated with ministerial position

2 Likes

Re: I Have Fulfilled My Promise To Retire Akume - Ortom by AmeLonRo(m): 11:21am On Feb 27, 2019
Good one.

I, the President of my space and place hereby congratulate president Muhammadu Buhari and Yemi Osinbajo on their re-election victory.

https://newkokoro.com/2019/01/27/how-to-become-a-landlord-this-year/

1 Like

Re: I Have Fulfilled My Promise To Retire Akume - Ortom by sulaimania2003(m): 11:21am On Feb 27, 2019
Prepare to retire too Ortom. Just few days to your retirement.

8 Likes

Re: I Have Fulfilled My Promise To Retire Akume - Ortom by gudnex22(m): 11:21am On Feb 27, 2019
H

Re: I Have Fulfilled My Promise To Retire Akume - Ortom by martowskin1(m): 11:21am On Feb 27, 2019
They keep talking retirement like politics is a business.....

Stupid people.....
Re: I Have Fulfilled My Promise To Retire Akume - Ortom by chloride6: 11:22am On Feb 27, 2019
Did your bible also tell you not to pay salaries?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Fulfilled My Promise To Retire Akume - Ortom by Nodogragra4me(m): 11:22am On Feb 27, 2019
Buhari that is the commander in chief didn't even boast half as Akpabio did. He dismissed his opponent ss of no consequence saying that the PDP didn't present him with a worthy opponent

2 Likes

Re: I Have Fulfilled My Promise To Retire Akume - Ortom by Injectorshu2(m): 11:23am On Feb 27, 2019
Hmm

Check my signature to migrate to canada
Re: I Have Fulfilled My Promise To Retire Akume - Ortom by creektownnews: 11:25am On Feb 27, 2019
Lol... Nice

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Train Attack: Terrorists Release Kidnapped Victim’s Newborn Baby's Picture / Rivers Election Petition Tribunal Relocates To Abuja / Governor Ortom Endorses Peter Obi, Says LP Candidate Can Deliver Nigeria (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.