Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,140 members, 7,807,457 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:46 PM

Physicist!! Your Advice Is Needed - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Physicist!! Your Advice Is Needed (1011 Views)

Please Can Any Physicist Help Me Solve This Question / Assassination Targets: Why Are The World Nuclear Physicist Endangered / All about being a Physicist In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Physicist!! Your Advice Is Needed by Hardebaryor(m): 9:02am On Feb 27, 2019
I have both serway college physics and halliday fundamentals of physics.
While serway uses trig and algebra, halliday uses calculus.
But I understand very well using serway physics which is not calculus-based. Do I have to worry?

1 Like

Re: Physicist!! Your Advice Is Needed by akande115: 2:31pm On Mar 29, 2019
Pls, is the Searway in PDF version . If yes can you send it to me
Re: Physicist!! Your Advice Is Needed by akande115: 2:39pm On Mar 29, 2019
Hardebaryor:
But I understand very well using serway physics which is not calculus-based. Do I have to worry?

Hello
Re: Physicist!! Your Advice Is Needed by Hardebaryor(m): 11:56am On Mar 30, 2019
akande115:

Hello
Hi
Re: Physicist!! Your Advice Is Needed by akande115: 1:32pm On Mar 30, 2019
Hardebaryor:
Hi

Pls, I mean can I get the PDF of the college physics
Re: Physicist!! Your Advice Is Needed by Hardebaryor(m): 4:25pm On Mar 30, 2019
akande115:

Pls, I mean can I get the PDF of the college physics
I don't know what happened, I couldn't find the textbook on my phone again. Maybe I mistakenly deleted it. But,should I have the chance to download it again, I will send it to you.
Re: Physicist!! Your Advice Is Needed by Sultan5(m): 10:49pm On Mar 30, 2019
Hardebaryor:
If you are a engineering student it's better to use Halliday. Serway I feel is for biological students who are unlikely to go deeper into physics.
Re: Physicist!! Your Advice Is Needed by TheManofTomorrow(m): 12:49am On Mar 31, 2019
Both,wouldn't harm you one bit. Currently using college physics tho.
Re: Physicist!! Your Advice Is Needed by Hardebaryor(m): 7:10am On Mar 31, 2019
Sultan5:
If you are a engineering student it's better to use Halliday. Serway I feel is for biological students who are unlikely to go deeper into physics.
I'm not an engineering student. Thanks for the advice.
Re: Physicist!! Your Advice Is Needed by Hardebaryor(m): 7:10am On Mar 31, 2019
TheManofTomorrow:
Both,wouldn't harm you one bit. Currently using college physics tho.
Thanks. I appreciate.
Re: Physicist!! Your Advice Is Needed by Sultan5(m): 8:35am On Mar 31, 2019
Hardebaryor:
I'm not an engineering student. Thanks for the advice.
Sure, I will also advise you to use schaum together with Serway, as this would give you a very balanced view of whatever topic you're reading as their are certain formulas in Schaum that you can't find in Serway and vice versa.
Re: Physicist!! Your Advice Is Needed by akande115: 2:38pm On Mar 31, 2019
Thanks. In case you download it, please send it to me.
Re: Physicist!! Your Advice Is Needed by Hardebaryor(m): 5:54pm On Mar 31, 2019
Sultan5:
Sure, I will also advise you to use schaum together with Serway, as this would give you a very balanced view of whatever topic you're reading as their are certain formulas in Schaum that you can't find in Serway and vice versa.
Yeah, I have that too. Very brief. But the major problem is TIME.
Re: Physicist!! Your Advice Is Needed by Sultan5(m): 8:09pm On Mar 31, 2019
Hardebaryor:
Yeah, I have that too. Very brief. But the major problem is TIME.
lol exactly. Not that you won't pass with Serway alone oh. But for those looking for As both is advisible. Sha don't neglect your other courses for Physics tho. Plan well and start early, good luck bro.
Re: Physicist!! Your Advice Is Needed by Hardebaryor(m): 6:08am On Apr 04, 2019
akande115:
Thanks. In case you download it, please send it to me.
Hi, I have the book now but I can't send it through email cos it's about 80MB. Is there any other way through which I can send it to you?

(1) (Reply)

Unilag Part Time Programme Is on / The Names Of Places And Tribes And Their Meaning In Ancient Egyptian Language / Hire The Best Statistics Homework Help Professor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.