Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,345 members, 7,808,212 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:48 AM

Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court (47483 Views)

Atiku Rejects Tribunal Judgement, Heads To Supreme Court / Atiku Rejects Wike Stadium Offer / PDP Crisis: Atiku Rejects Bid To Substitute Okowa For Wike As Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by akinhanger: 9:57am On Feb 27, 2019
Presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), has reacted to the victory of President Muhammadu Buhari at the February 23 presidential election.

The aggrieved former Vice President says the election was not free and fair.

He says there “were manifest and premeditated” malpractices in many states which negate the results announced.

Atiku said he will seek justice the democratic way by heading to court.

Below is his full statement.

“Democracy Will Not Be Emasculated in Nigeria

I thank the Nigerian people who trooped out in their millions to perform their civic duty this past Saturday. The patriotism of Nigerians is heartwarming and affirms my oft-repeated statement that we are brothers and sisters born from the womb of one mother Nigeria.

With regards to the Presidential elections that took place on February 23, 2019, it is clear that there were manifest and premeditated malpractices in many states which negate the results announced.

Another glaring anomaly is the disruption of voting in strongholds of the Peoples Democratic Party in Lagos, Akwa-Ibom, Rivers and diverse other states, with the authorities doing little or nothing and in some cases facilitating these unfortunate situations. (See attached links to documentary evidences).

The militarization of the electoral process is a disservice to our democracy and a throwback to the jackboot era of military dictatorship. In some areas of the country, such as, Rivers, Akwa Ibom and Imo states, troops deployed for the elections turned their guns on the very citizens they were meant to protect. This is condemnable and should not be associated with our electoral process in the future.

I am a democrat and there are democratic avenues available to present the truth to the nation and the watching world. Already, many international observers have given their verdicts, which corroborate our observations. I am sure more will come in the coming hours and days.

If I had lost in a free and fair election, I would have called the victor within seconds of my being aware of his victory to offer not just my congratulations, but my services to help unite Nigeria by being a bridge between the North and the South.

However, in my democratic struggles for the past three decades, I have never seen our democracy so debased as it was on Saturday, February 23, 2019. 2007 was a challenge, but President Yar’Adua was remorseful. In 2019, it is sad to see those who trampled on democracy thumping their noses down on the Nigerian people.

Consequently, I hereby reject the result of the February 23, 2019 sham election and will be challenging it in court.

I want to assure my supporters and the entire Nigerian people that together, we will not allow democracy to be emasculated.

Signed:
Waziri Atiku Abubakar
27th February 2019

https://all-gists..com/2019/02/Atiku-Rejects-Outcome-Of-Presidential-Election-Heads-To-Court.html

91 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by stephleena(f): 10:00am On Feb 27, 2019
The cabals already placed one nwakpuda called sheik Umar Tanko.. so it's a win for them..

120 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by Oyimeoyimemua(f): 10:01am On Feb 27, 2019
Unfortunately our judicial system is a shadow of itself,

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by maximunimpact(m): 10:02am On Feb 27, 2019
Atiku's thieving baggage is bad enough and then he added peter obi's bigotry to seal his fate

Meanwhile...

If PDP could not win a single Ward or LGA in Kano State, where did Kwankwaso import those at Atiku’s rally from?

86 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by MyMouth(m): 10:04am On Feb 27, 2019
Justice Tanko right now

197 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by Nobody: 10:04am On Feb 27, 2019
grin grin grin grin grin
this man is waiting for you

171 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by fk002: 10:04am On Feb 27, 2019
Okay Tanko is waiting for you guys grin cheesy

Who ever thinks Buhari is a dullard should have a second thought.

Buhari saw this coming that's why he sacked PDP's puppet of a CJN and install Justice Tanko. How thoughtful of him.

163 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by Charmingrascal(m): 10:04am On Feb 27, 2019
Lawyers need to collect from his loot too
See you in court

108 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by Melian(f): 10:08am On Feb 27, 2019
Loser. You'll continue to lose here on earth and in heaven.

Or...- lemme goan buy wig and gown. I might as well represent him.

50 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by Movic1(m): 10:08am On Feb 27, 2019
To be sincere Atiku is not an option. Goodluck is 100times better than him. He can never rule this country.. But he said he's a Democrat and will accept the results, why this?

67 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by Lilknight(m): 10:09am On Feb 27, 2019
As expected lol, sorry my guy Buhari don change Chief of Justice put Sharia guy for there, he reasoned ahead of time to outsmart you.

34 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by stephleena(f): 10:09am On Feb 27, 2019
kingemzy5:
grin grin grin grin grin this man is waiting for you
hahaha.. see the Alfa face

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by dguyindcorner(m): 10:09am On Feb 27, 2019
Atiku, well-meaning Nigerians have rejected you!

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by saraki2019(m): 10:09am On Feb 27, 2019
Nice one

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by Randy100: 10:09am On Feb 27, 2019
As long as it will make him happy. PDP should learn how to rig again cos it seems APC is beating them in rigging aspect. Finally I will swallow my pain and congratulate the lifeless one. (they really rigged very well) and plead with him to do better and quit blaming PDP cos for the past four years that was his national anthem. Welcoming everybody to Next level of Nepotism.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by Nobody: 10:09am On Feb 27, 2019
Pls head over to the religion section and view this topic

CHRISTIANITY IS NOT THE PROBLEM OF AFRICA!

In other news, Nigerian musician Erigga has been slated to perform at buhari's election result celebration.

Lol
Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by nrexzy: 10:09am On Feb 27, 2019
U wan still spend more money?

Atiku we know say u Don collect part payment for NNPC just beg baba so him fit help pay ur bills Una b brothers

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by TroubleMaker47(m): 10:09am On Feb 27, 2019
Ok, goodluck

1 Like

Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by Kennylash11(m): 10:09am On Feb 27, 2019
King of the North grin

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by MistaCode(m): 10:10am On Feb 27, 2019
When Tanko is there....No No No
Who ever is advising Atiku needs to be Sacked Immediately....

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by CyberWolf: 10:10am On Feb 27, 2019
Serves him right. He was the one that led a revolt against GEJ in 2014. This is karma dealing with him, Saraki and Kwankwaso. The remaining ones will surely get theirs someday.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by naijjaman(m): 10:10am On Feb 27, 2019
shocked
Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by Nobody: 10:10am On Feb 27, 2019
Although I was rooting for Atiku, This is a waste of time.

28 Likes

Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by morikee: 10:10am On Feb 27, 2019
Tanko came to my mind i think the cabal or buhari played a chess game here and checkmate pdp with onnoghen suspension.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by nurex01(m): 10:10am On Feb 27, 2019
From court to? I don't understand these people.
Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by dante0147: 10:10am On Feb 27, 2019
Buhari planned this well!!!

20 Likes

Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by Mankosi: 10:11am On Feb 27, 2019
Good
Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by slawomir: 10:11am On Feb 27, 2019
This election was a charade

If we allow this to happen we can never get free and fair election that we have been fighting for.

We were almost close to getting it in 2015

But now we ruined everything in 2019

It is well sha

13 Likes

Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by Slimzoo1: 10:11am On Feb 27, 2019
Lawyers this is your turn to collect the remaining balance of the looted money ..... please do it quickly

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by nrexzy: 10:11am On Feb 27, 2019
Melian:
Loser. You'll continue to lose here on earth and in heaven.

Or...- lemme goan buy wig and gown. I may as well represent him.

Wetin happen naa Which one bring heaven here

1 Like

Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by LordAdam16: 10:11am On Feb 27, 2019
r/woosh

-Lord

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

LEAKED: Letters From APC To Senate President Saraki, Speaker Dogara / ‘dear Baba’: Jonathan Writes Obasanjo, Seeks Blessing For New Foundation / FG Clamps Down On Ray Power’s ‘Political Platform’; Imposes Fine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.