Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:31 AM

How Long Will The South East Continue To Miscalculate Politically In Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Long Will The South East Continue To Miscalculate Politically In Nigeria (1434 Views)

Nairaland Proprietor Seems To Miscalculate / Christians Are Killing Themselves Politically In Nigeria. Wake Up / We Will Retire Tinubu Politically In 2023, PDP Boasts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long Will The South East Continue To Miscalculate Politically In Nigeria by Asshurbanipal: 3:03pm On Feb 27, 2019
deomelo:

Coming from the same Igbos wey just gave all their votes to athiefKulooter, a Northerner and even lined up behind Hausa Fukani Northerner thinking the same athiefKulooter the Northerner go win and give them their fantasy Biafra enclave..

Who is the real slave? Look in the mirror...

Btw, that rubbish is fake
A northern with ideologies that favors us and the in general. Unlike a slave who beggs for " political relevance" at the expense of his own good
Re: How Long Will The South East Continue To Miscalculate Politically In Nigeria by deomelo: 3:04pm On Feb 27, 2019
successmatters:

Will the victory stop them from begging food for the next 4 years at least? grin

Will you village ipob losers stop trooping to Hausa land to be for food, for survival and your daily bread because your poor and unproductive ipob villages cannot provide for you?

And if the North ask you again to carry your load and go back to your ipob village, you go send your red cap ipob leaders to cry and beg Hausa people to let you stay.

lol @ the real beggars calling other people beggars..

grin grin
Re: How Long Will The South East Continue To Miscalculate Politically In Nigeria by sleekdot(m): 3:06pm On Feb 27, 2019
Asshurbanipal:

If you are a yoruba then be ashamed by what Bauchi did. Continue clinging to temporal "relevance"

Go and register more Hausa names on facebook and wail there

In a few yrs, you will still come back to say you are mistaken again
Re: How Long Will The South East Continue To Miscalculate Politically In Nigeria by Asshurbanipal: 3:06pm On Feb 27, 2019
deomelo:

Will you village ipob losers stop trooping to Hausa land to be for food, for survival and your daily bread because your poor and unproductive ipob villages cannot provide for you?

And if the North ask you again to carry your load and go back to your ipob village, you go send your red cap ipob leaders to cry and beg Hausa people to let you stay.

lol @ the real beggars calling other people beggars..

grin grin
You an economic illiterate
Re: How Long Will The South East Continue To Miscalculate Politically In Nigeria by Asshurbanipal: 3:08pm On Feb 27, 2019
sleekdot:

Go and register more Hausa names on facebook and wail there

In a few yrs, you will still come back to say you are mistaken again
Lol. The coming years will be fun

Re: How Long Will The South East Continue To Miscalculate Politically In Nigeria by deomelo: 3:10pm On Feb 27, 2019
Asshurbanipal:

You an economic illiterate

Coming from poor ipob villagers and economic migrants. You losers cannot eat or survive without trooping to my land to peddle fanyogo and gala for survival just like generation after generation of Igbos has been doing since the beginning of Nigeria.

Learn your history and keep quiet.

grin grin
Re: How Long Will The South East Continue To Miscalculate Politically In Nigeria by sleekdot(m): 3:11pm On Feb 27, 2019
Asshurbanipal:

Lol. The coming years will be fun

Imagine Ibos are so ashamed of their names and background that they are now making fake profiles with Hausa and Yoruba names

I am not surprised given that Ohaneze leader in red cap adopted Atiku as his father and was wailing uncontrollably begging a Fulani to save him

1 Like

Re: How Long Will The South East Continue To Miscalculate Politically In Nigeria by NinjaMetahuman: 3:14pm On Feb 27, 2019
[s]
Asshurbanipal:

If you are a yoruba then be ashamed by what Bauchi did. Continue clinging to temporal "relevance"
[/s]permanent slave

1 Like

Re: How Long Will The South East Continue To Miscalculate Politically In Nigeria by meccuno: 3:15pm On Feb 27, 2019
Asshurbanipal:

Buhari has destroyed the psyche of average southerner. We must throw ourselves at him despite his failure or "oblivion" await us, that is the mind game the North is playing.
i just tire for some people. winning election goes beyond the blame game. people need to be strategic. i would prefer to vote who i feel would win in the actual sense and a better candidate than to please a region with someone incompetent just because i want the president to bear the name of my tribe. many southerners do not understand why a typical Northerner votes. they think they just vote like that? it is always their plan and if the south doesnt get its act together, then we are in for it. if the Yorubas think that by getting the presidency that they have it all they should better think properly. because they North is by the grace of God they decide to hand the power to the SW , they would not want a man of his own free will. they would instal a PUPPET and then we are back to square one. for hose who are liberal in their thinking it would be a bitter pill to swallow. but for the extreme tribalist in the SW which every other tribe has, they would always rejoice. There is really no hope in Nigeria. but if we are to be very logical, i can beat my chest that it would take 200 years before we look like tunisia. because we are very divided and the sole reason why the North supports this union is because of the OIL and the HUMAN RESOURCES of the south and propagation of their RELIGION THROUGH OUT WEST AFRICA. last last we would end up with 1967-1970 all over again if we need to take destiny in out hands because there are many evils that dont want us to make progress. and for those Igbos who think that the North or SW would be happy with an Igbo man being president then you need to have your head examined. these are the same people who divided the Igbos and started created a new identity for them.

1 Like

Re: How Long Will The South East Continue To Miscalculate Politically In Nigeria by gidgiddy: 3:23pm On Feb 27, 2019
I'm proud of my fellow Igbos for not voting for the hopeless disaster called Buhari in 2015 and 2019. If anything, Igbos can be proud that they were not part of that gang of failures.

With the election of Buhari, I hope that Igbos can move to next level and embrace self determination and freedom as the only thing that will save Igbo land.

It is worthless to be in Nigeria fighting for political positions thats has heped nobody when we could be in our own country as masters of our own destiny

May God give the Igbo nation the wisdom to agitate for the freedom

1 Like

Re: How Long Will The South East Continue To Miscalculate Politically In Nigeria by Asshurbanipal: 3:36pm On Feb 27, 2019
sleekdot:

Imagine Ibos are so ashamed of their names and background that they are now making fake profiles with Hausa and Yoruba names

I am not surprised given that Ohaneze leader in red card adopted Atiku as his father and was wailing uncontrollably begging a Fulani to save him
Afonja cowards. Ondo and Oyo are all igbos
Re: How Long Will The South East Continue To Miscalculate Politically In Nigeria by sleekdot(m): 3:40pm On Feb 27, 2019
Asshurbanipal:

Afonja cowards. Ondo and Oyo are all igbos

See the slaves and cowards here

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1283335_image_jpg0d5b1c4c7f720f698946c7f6ab08f687
Re: How Long Will The South East Continue To Miscalculate Politically In Nigeria by Asshurbanipal: 3:49pm On Feb 27, 2019
sleekdot:

See the slaves and cowards here

The master has warned. Slaves beware

Re: How Long Will The South East Continue To Miscalculate Politically In Nigeria by sleekdot(m): 3:51pm On Feb 27, 2019
Asshurbanipal:

The master has warned. Slaves beware

That is a fake account

this is real Ibo boy Soludo holding bag for Aboki

bo youths are carrying bags for Atiku

Ibo elders are wailing crying and begging Atiku for hugs

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8878803_8596257agbayoibojpeg05d18c46a023006988402bd817d4dd7a_jpeg5333aeda4cdc3cdfab968c8119dcb63a
Re: How Long Will The South East Continue To Miscalculate Politically In Nigeria by gidgiddy: 3:56pm On Feb 27, 2019
ashacot:
The South east miscalculation in the Nigeria political scene can now be described as ridiculously disturbing in all ramification.
The region has against all odds recovered against all odds from the devastating civil war but has really found it difficult to stamp their authority in Nigeria mainstream politics.

Putting all their eggs in one basket has always been one of the undoing of the region. Going into the 2015 general election, the region placed all their political survival on the reelection of president goodluck jonathern even when it was almost certain that mohammed buhari wll win the election. This was facilitated by the rumor going on that time that APC is an hausa fulani muslim party. In contrast, their south west counterpart was smart enough to divided their votes in preparation to have a say in the government of the eventual winner.

As an igbo son, i keep asking myself what we truly want politically in the country. Do we want biafra or do we want ONE NIGERIA?

It is far better to put your eggs in one basket and vote for who you believe in, weather they win or lose, than to spread your vote around like a harlot hoping that the winner will remember you. Do we want Biafra or One Nigeria? This same question is what Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB are agitating should be put in a referendum to the Igbo nation. The only difference is that you are asking this question on Nairaland while Kanu and IPOB are being killed just for demanding that this question be officially put to the Igbo nation and her kindred minorities

After the election of 2015, while South South whose son lost the election moved on the south east could not. This made them to immediately embrace the ideology of the lunatic Nnamdi kanu. It will be recalled that for more that two years nnamdi kanu held the south east to ransom in the most dangerous style of looking for secession with clear support from majority of south easterners. All over south east was the call for referendum. Nnamdi kanu was almost turned into a god. All the while such madness was going on, the following was happening.
#The south east was loosing focus to plan for 2019 election,
#Nnamdi kanu style of pursuing recession was burning all the bridges the south east was able to build with other region post civil war.

Were IPOB and Nnamdi Kanu armed? Did they kill anybody? So what makes them dangerous? What is bad in a group of people waving flags on the streets and asking for referendum? You are in a country where armed Herdsmen kill thousands of Nigerians every year, Boko Haram butcher thousands yearly and Niger Delta militants cause mayhem. But your worry is an unarmed group that didn't touch anybody?

It took the intervention of the presidency to end the madness of nnamdi kanu with a military exercise (operation python dance) after he had promised to go to abuja and return with the president's head and his establishing a military service in Nigeria.

You are not even ashamed that with several armed groups in Nigeria killing people daily, the Nigerian Army went to fight unarmed IPOB? People are murdering you every day but your Army is taking guns and tanks to go and fight unarmed Nnamdi Kanu in his bedroom. You're are not even wise enough to realise that what the Army did in operation Python dance was murder and gross human rights abuse

Now fast forward to 2019 election, We still made similar mistake of putting our eggs in one basket when it was obvious it will backfire. We never prepared for the election either. While other regions were registering for PVC, we were listening to the same lunatic nnamdi kanu and emma powerful that declared no referendum no election in south east. Many south easterners listened to them and didn't get their PVC. those who got lost interest to go and claim their PVC. By the time the lunatic will call off the no election order in south east, most people had lost interest in the election and some who had PVC had already burnt it. This remind me of another own goal the south east scored in 2004 during the national census where many south easterners refused to participate because one uwazuirike ask the not to participate. End result being we lost out as one of the areas with massive population and ultimately lost out in allocation sharing bragging right and the voting strength.

It is not the job of Nnamdi Kanu or IPOB to get Atiku or anybody elected. It is for politicians to go and campaign and urge the people to vote. If the people prefere to listen to Kanu then it tells you that the politics of Nigeria is not their main concern. What IPOB is agitating for is worth more one million Atiku's combined. What they agitate for is worth more than any political position in Nigeria. They seek freedom.

Now power returns to south in 2023 by the sharing formula of the two major parties, while the south south and south east has since been strategizing on how to get the two parties ticket, what has been the plan of the south east? Only Orji uzor kalu, Rochas, Chris Ngige are vocal about power moving to south east even though none of the aforementioned will get my vote.

A lot needs to be done by the south east leaders. There is need to start building the region and look for ways to stop the massive migration of its people to other parts of the country. This will increase the population of the cities and gives it the bragging right when sharing allocation and also when voting.

There is need to educate the people of south east about the need to actively participate in politics. Many south easterner will rather have data on phone than have PVC. Many who have pvc will rather sit at home and watch Nkoli nwa nsuka or play football on election day than go out to vote. later they will cry that the election was rigged. In my area i lived, on election day, more than 100 igbo men gathered in front of my compound drinking and discussing on election day. Only 7 of them have PVC and only 3 have the time to vote on that day. Imagine buhari's total votes in kano is 1.4m while Atiku total votes in south east equal 1.6m vote. This echoes what Ebonyi state governor recently said that the people of south east will rather be on social media than get their PVC and participate actively in politics but will be the first to cry fowl when result is out.

There is also the need to know and decide what we want from Nigeria. Not before election, we are one Nigeria and after election, we need biafra or death.

Again importantly, our leaders need to build all the bridges that idiot nnamdi kanu and his ipob members has burnt. Nnamdi kanu was going about insulting other tribes. He insulted the yorubas, insulted the hausa and fulanis and other parts of the country. The effect is telling on the south east politically as we speak. A lot needs to be done.

Finally, congratulations to president buhari and all buharist on his victory and also Weldon to those who oppose him and who never supported him. They are also heros of our dear country cos they are effectively applying the principles of checks and balances. PLEASE DO NOT STOP OPPOSING HIM BUT BE MORE CONSTRUCTIVE.

Igbo President is nonsense. Tell me what Yorubas got out of OBJ's 8year rule? Tell me what Ijaws got out GEJ's 5 year rule? Tell me what people in Daura have gotten out of Buhari's 4 year rule? The answer to these questions is Nothing! So what is this noise about Igbo presidency that will do nothing for Igbos?

We Igbos should be talking about our own country by now, not staying in Nigeria to be fighting over useless political positions that have done nothing except turn Nigeria into the world's porverty capital

1 Like

Re: How Long Will The South East Continue To Miscalculate Politically In Nigeria by Jacko1(m): 4:04pm On Feb 27, 2019
ashacot:
The South east miscalculation in the Nigeria political scene can now be described as ridiculously disturbing in all ramification.
The region has against all odds recovered against all odds from the devastating civil war but has really found it difficult to stamp their authority in Nigeria mainstream politics.

Putting all their eggs in one basket has always been one of the undoing of the region. Going into the 2015 general election, the region placed all their political survival on the reelection of president goodluck jonathern even when it was almost certain that mohammed buhari wll win the election. This was facilitated by the rumor going on that time that APC is an hausa fulani muslim party. In contrast, their south west counterpart was smart enough to divided their votes in preparation to have a say in the government of the eventual winner.

As an igbo son, i keep asking myself what we truly want politically in the country. Do we want biafra or do we want ONE NIGERIA?

After the election of 2015, while South South whose son lost the election moved on the south east could not. This made them to immediately embrace the ideology of the lunatic Nnamdi kanu. It will be recalled that for more that two years nnamdi kanu held the south east to ransom in the most dangerous style of looking for secession with clear support from majority of south easterners. All over south east was the call for referendum. Nnamdi kanu was almost turned into a god. All the while such madness was going on, the following was happening.
#The south east was loosing focus to plan for 2019 election,
#Nnamdi kanu style of pursuing recession was burning all the bridges the south east was able to build with other region post civil war.

It took the intervention of the presidency to end the madness of nnamdi kanu with a military exercise (operation python dance) after he had promised to go to abuja and return with the president's head and his establishing a military service in Nigeria.

Now fast forward to 2019 election, We still made similar mistake of putting our eggs in one basket when it was obvious it will backfire. We never prepared for the election either. While other regions were registering for PVC, we were listening to the same lunatic nnamdi kanu and emma powerful that declared no referendum no election in south east. Many south easterners listened to them and didn't get their PVC. those who got lost interest to go and claim their PVC. By the time the lunatic will call off the no election order in south east, most people had lost interest in the election and some who had PVC had already burnt it. This remind me of another own goal the south east scored in 2004 during the national census where many south easterners refused to participate because one uwazuirike ask the not to participate. End result being we lost out as one of the areas with massive population and ultimately lost out in allocation sharing bragging right and the voting strength.

Now power returns to south in 2023 by the sharing formula of the two major parties, while the south south and south east has since been strategizing on how to get the two parties ticket, what has been the plan of the south east? Only Orji uzor kalu, Rochas, Chris Ngige are vocal about power moving to south east even though none of the aforementioned will get my vote.

A lot needs to be done by the south east leaders. There is need to start building the region and look for ways to stop the massive migration of its people to other parts of the country. This will increase the population of the cities and gives it the bragging right when sharing allocation and also when voting.

There is need to educate the people of south east about the need to actively participate in politics. Many south easterner will rather have data on phone than have PVC. Many who have pvc will rather sit at home and watch Nkoli nwa nsuka or play football on election day than go out to vote. later they will cry that the election was rigged. In my area i lived, on election day, more than 100 igbo men gathered in front of my compound drinking and discussing on election day. Only 7 of them have PVC and only 3 have the time to vote on that day. Imagine buhari's total votes in kano is 1.4m while Atiku total votes in south east equal 1.6m vote. This echoes what Ebonyi state governor recently said that the people of south east will rather be on social media than get their PVC and participate actively in politics but will be the first to cry fowl when result is out.

There is also the need to know and decide what we want from Nigeria. Not before election, we are one Nigeria and after election, we need biafra or death.

Again importantly, our leaders need to build all the bridges that idiot nnamdi kanu and his ipob members has burnt. Nnamdi kanu was going about insulting other tribes. He insulted the yorubas, insulted the hausa and fulanis and other parts of the country. The effect is telling on the south east politically as we speak. A lot needs to be done.

Finally, congratulations to president buhari and all buharist on his victory and also Weldon to those who oppose him and who never supported him. They are also heros of our dear country cos they are effectively applying the principles of checks and balances. PLEASE DO NOT STOP OPPOSING HIM BUT BE MORE CONSTRUCTIVE.

Someone reading This will think Nigeria is among top 50 gdp in the world. Oga keep kwayet. There are dragging country..... Is Nigeria. What indices is Nigeria dojng great in Africa. So if igbo man becomes president of Nigeria .... We have achieved something. Lubbish. We dont want the stinky presidency.
What clout comes with it. We cannot even influence affairs in West Africa. Which notable leader has visited Nigeria. But they visit ghana anyhow. Visit rwanda and botswana. If hausa like leh dem rule till thy kingdom come. They will still give us our allocations. We will still send 3 senators per state to the senate. 10 to house. They will still do federal projects in the east. Tha is why we have ngige and co in apc. They will bring federal contracts to south east and south south. Who ruling nigeria help.
Is nigeria in security council.
They kicked us out of brics sef. Infact shut up

(1) (2) (Reply)

Emir Sanusi, Intercontinental Bank And Karma / Fact About Biafra And Igbo / Aisha Is The Architect Of Her Own Troubles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.