Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,318 members, 7,780,783 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:07 PM

Simple Logic: Presidential Accreditation Should Equal That Of Senate In A State - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Simple Logic: Presidential Accreditation Should Equal That Of Senate In A State (20218 Views)

Enders: "We Still Have 8 Years After Buhari To Equal That Of Jonathan And Obasan / How I Was Forced To Announce Okorocha Winner Of Senate Seat – INEC REC / Udom Lambasts Senator Akpabio, As PDP Mourns Exit Of Senate Minority Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Simple Logic: Presidential Accreditation Should Equal That Of Senate In A State by tk4rd: 10:45pm On Feb 28, 2019
bahaushe1:

It is practically not possible. The collation officers were different.

I was a ward collation officer for the presidential election and along with me was a colleague who collated results of the National assembly elections from the same ward.

Similar arrangement was made at LGA collation cetres.

From the LGA collation centre result of membership to house of representatives are announced and winners returned. Result of senate is taken the senatorial district collation centre while that of the presidential election is taken to INEC state headquarters.

It is not feasible to gather all these results and make comparison between accepting presidential election result from a state. Even if it is feasible the collation officers won't be there to offer explanation should discrepancies be found.
It's like you're an INEC official?? Or closely related to one??
Welcome to the thread my brother..
You are going to be the one with the golden solution to this very problem.
We just need the final declared senatorial results.
Do you have them with you??
Re: Simple Logic: Presidential Accreditation Should Equal That Of Senate In A State by OGHENAOGIE(m): 11:15pm On Feb 28, 2019
Nnabugwu8590:

Lol, any APOs/PO/SPO in the house, please your attention is needed here...
The same way court will tell us that a sitting president has a lawful maximum of 8 years to govern this country (Nigeria). The same way court will tell us that senatorial position in Nigeria is a contestable postion without limitation for years of service by an occupying senator. The same way the court will tell us that a governor has no constitutional power or right to appoint a commissioner of police in his/her state because Nigeria's security in the onstitution is enshrined in the exclusive list. The same way the court will tell us minimum wage is in the exclusive list...
It is well my dear.

u don talk am finish we need to unbundle Nigeria
Re: Simple Logic: Presidential Accreditation Should Equal That Of Senate In A State by PFRB: 11:44pm On Feb 28, 2019
I thank this OP. With people like him, there is hope in this country.

1 Like

Re: Simple Logic: Presidential Accreditation Should Equal That Of Senate In A State by damilexki(m): 11:51pm On Feb 28, 2019
INEC WHY embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Simple Logic: Presidential Accreditation Should Equal That Of Senate In A State by tk4rd: 6:15am On Mar 01, 2019
unmask:
I understand the OPs point..... but I think it will be extremely dumb and unlikely for anyone to have different accreditation figures for the presidential senate and HOR.

If it is also not compulsory to collect the 3 ballot papers, it will also be difficult to prove from number of votes casted, except if Inec has records of ballot papers used and unused (that in itself might not be tenable)

The only way it can most likely be proved is if the number of accredited voters via the card readers are less than total votes cast
My brother, you said that it is extremely dumb and unlikely for the figures to be different??
Very Good..
Read below..
An INEC staff is trying to tell you that the figures can never be the same.. He even gave his own flawed reasons..
bahaushe1:

It is practically not possible. The collation officers were different.

I was a ward collation officer for the presidential election and along with me was a colleague who collated results of the National assembly elections from the same ward.

Similar arrangement was made at LGA collation cetres.

From the LGA collation centre result of membership to house of representatives are announced and winners returned. Result of senate is taken the senatorial district collation centre while that of the presidential election is taken to INEC state headquarters.

It is not feasible to gather all these results and make comparison between accepting presidential election result from a state. Even if it is feasible the collation officers won't be there to offer explanation should discrepancies be found.
Re: Simple Logic: Presidential Accreditation Should Equal That Of Senate In A State by timtrader(m): 8:20am On Mar 01, 2019
We are many with you on this thread and we shall unravel things. This is the most clumsy election so far. The SCR use, without which election should not hold or postponed, is a golden rule on your theory. I feel ashamed already for the result we will get employing what you have said.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Simple Logic: Presidential Accreditation Should Equal That Of Senate In A State by Elthugnificent(m): 8:21am On Mar 01, 2019
zuma4k:
I understand the OP's point, however, a few examples should have been tendered. I.e situations whereby Total accredited voters in the Presidential election failed to correspond with those for the National Assembly.
That's what I expected to see, anybody with half a brain that went out to vote is aware that the number for accredited voters should be the same across all positions been contested for. It is not rocket science.

An example of a state with discrepancy would have easily clear the air, not all this too much talk.

1 Like

Re: Simple Logic: Presidential Accreditation Should Equal That Of Senate In A State by Elthugnificent(m): 8:30am On Mar 01, 2019
tk4rd:
My brother, you said that it is extremely dumb and unlikely for the figures to be different??
Very Good..
Read below..
An INEC staff is trying to tell you that the figures can never be the same.. He even gave his own flawed reasons..
That's not what he said, he only pointed out the fact that it won't be easily to get data for that Senate and house rep for comparison; simply because there are different collation officer for the three vacant seats.
Re: Simple Logic: Presidential Accreditation Should Equal That Of Senate In A State by PFRB: 8:48am On Mar 01, 2019
Elthugnificent:

That's not what he said, he only pointed out the fact that it won't be easily to get data for that Senate and house rep for comparison; simply because there are different collation officer for the three vacant seats.

So the figure you get depends on the collation officer. Where have you gone?
Re: Simple Logic: Presidential Accreditation Should Equal That Of Senate In A State by Elthugnificent(m): 8:55am On Mar 01, 2019
PFRB:

So the figure you get depends on the collation officer. Where have you gone?
Exactly, once it get to Local government level everything is sorted out for the national assembly and that of presidency.

There are different collation officers for that, hence getting the data won't be impossible but definitely not going to be easy.
Re: Simple Logic: Presidential Accreditation Should Equal That Of Senate In A State by PeacenLove2: 8:55am On Mar 01, 2019
tk4rd:
@Bolded..
So, whose fault?? Banky's fault??
Baseless Defence..

No it's not baseless .... it's an explanation why the numbers don't tally. Learn to remove sentiments from issues, so you can have better understanding. Be slow to speak they say.

1 Like

Re: Simple Logic: Presidential Accreditation Should Equal That Of Senate In A State by tk4rd: 9:44am On Mar 01, 2019
Elthugnificent:

They are not the ones to gather the data and do the analysis.
The analysis is supposed to be a tool which we (Nigerians) are supposed to use in checking their fairness and credibility.
Their main work is to count the votes, collate the votes, and announce the winners.
I am currently gathering the information.
I will publish figures soon
Re: Simple Logic: Presidential Accreditation Should Equal That Of Senate In A State by tk4rd: 9:53am On Mar 01, 2019
PeacenLove2:

No it's not baseless .... it's an explanation why the numbers don't tally. Learn to remove sentiments from issues, so you can have better understanding. Be slow to speak they say.
The main aim of this thread is to establish the theory, and it had been established.
Now, next thing is to test it with figures.
I have seen the criticisms, and yours too.
But none affected the validity of the theory.
Now, I can go ahead to gather the data needed to test it.
Have a nice day.

1 Like

Re: Simple Logic: Presidential Accreditation Should Equal That Of Senate In A State by Eden007(m): 9:56am On Mar 01, 2019
tk4rd:
The main aim of this thread is to establish the theory, and it had been established.
Have a nice day.

I have not followed any thread like i have followed this one.

I am gathering data for Akwa Ibom state.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Simple Logic: Presidential Accreditation Should Equal That Of Senate In A State by Elthugnificent(m): 10:07am On Mar 01, 2019
tk4rd:
They are not the ones to gather the data and do the analysis.
The analysis is supposed to be a tool which we (Nigerians) are supposed to use in checking their fairness and credibility.
Their main work is to count the votes, collate the votes, and announce the winners.
I am currently gathering the information.
I will publish figures soon

I did not say it was their job to do that and I don't believe they even bother to bother check and make comparison since everything is manual.

I like your resilient though and I look forward to seeing your publication.

Mention me when you done, thanks.
Re: Simple Logic: Presidential Accreditation Should Equal That Of Senate In A State by Elthugnificent(m): 10:13am On Mar 01, 2019
Eden007:

Good, if a possible a picture evidence (or any means you could use to assure us beyond reasonable doubt on the authenticity of the data) before your final analysis would be much appreciated to clear all doubt.

Nice job.
Re: Simple Logic: Presidential Accreditation Should Equal That Of Senate In A State by Eden007(m): 10:21am On Mar 01, 2019
Elthugnificent:

Good, if a possible a picture evidence (or any means you could use to assure us beyond reasonable doubt on the authenticity of the data) before your final analysis would be much appreciated to clear all doubt.

Nice job.

Re: Simple Logic: Presidential Accreditation Should Equal That Of Senate In A State by Elthugnificent(m): 10:28am On Mar 01, 2019
[quote author=Eden007 post=76243827][/quote]
Nice, but is from a PDP tweet.

I suggest you use a source that won't be partial maybe any reputable paper.

Can't wait for your final outcome, I know the chances of the comparison to be accurate is very low, I am very much interested in knowing the margin.
Re: Simple Logic: Presidential Accreditation Should Equal That Of Senate In A State by tk4rd: 11:17am On Mar 01, 2019
Eden007:
Thanks. Nice One..

1 Like

Re: Simple Logic: Presidential Accreditation Should Equal That Of Senate In A State by PeacenLove2: 4:11pm On Mar 01, 2019
tk4rd:
Have a nice day.

Well, good luck to you and have a nice day too. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Simple Logic: Presidential Accreditation Should Equal That Of Senate In A State by bahaushe1: 4:23pm On Mar 01, 2019
tk4rd:
Very Good..
Read below..
You didn't get me right. Accreditation figures for senate, house of representatives, and presidential elections must be the same.

I was trying to explain how difficult it would be for state collation officer for presidential election to have access to the results and accreditation figures of senate and house of reps election, compare same with presidential before announcing the result and submitting it to Abuja for further collation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Simple Logic: Presidential Accreditation Should Equal That Of Senate In A State by bahaushe1: 4:25pm On Mar 01, 2019
tk4rd:
It's like you're an INEC official?? Or closely related to one??
Welcome to the thread my brother..
You are going to be the one with the golden solution to this very problem.
We just need the final declared senatorial results.
Do you have them with you??

Yeah, INEC ad hoc staff. I have concluded my assignment and submitted the result I collaed to the appropriate authority.

It should be the responsibility of political parties to get the results from each state and make comparison.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Simple Logic: Presidential Accreditation Should Equal That Of Senate In A State by bahaushe1: 4:33pm On Mar 01, 2019
tk4rd:
Please my brother, answer this question below..
If you bought 1000 mangoes, 1000 oranges, and 1000 pineaples at Abuja and wanted to send them to Lagos by all means possible.
You packaged the 1000 mangoes in a box and way-billed it to your house address in Lagos, you sent the 1000 oranges through public transport so you can pick it up at their park when you get to Lagos, and then carried the remaining 1000 pineapples in your car.
When you reach to your house in Lagos, and after getting the bag at the park and the way-billed box waiting at the front door, and opened everything and counted them again, how many mangoes and oranges and pineapples are you now supposed to be having with you??
(I really need you to answer this)..
See my brother,, what we (Nigerians) sent you guys (INEC) to do is very simple..
Just count the votes that we have casted, and tell us how many they are.
And not to be asking your colleagues about their own.,, so as to know how many you should add or subtract..
The same number you were counting was also the same number your colleague was counting.. (It's Simple Logic)..
Nothing changed..
(Unless you guys went and started counting something else)
You guys grouped yourselves into different groups and counted the votes that came to you guys in three different categories, and they are all THE SAME NUMBERS in their three different categories.
It should STILL be the same vote, no matter who counted it..
So, my brother, don't just go there..
Don't even use that as an excuse..

I believe you got the message.

The state presidential collation officer has no business collating other results. One is not even required to compare the results at ward or LGA level talkless the state and national.

All these will only make the process cumbersome. It should be the responsibility of political parties to do so.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Simple Logic: Presidential Accreditation Should Equal That Of Senate In A State by tk4rd: 6:34am On Mar 02, 2019
bahaushe1:

You didn't get me right. Accreditation figures for senate, house of representatives, and presidential elections must be the same.

I was trying to explain how difficult it would be for state collation officer for presidential election to have access to the results and accreditation figures of senate and house of reps election, compare same with presidential before announcing the result and submitting it to Abuja for further collation.
Ok bro.. We're still saying the same thing.
Thanks all the same.

1 Like

Re: Simple Logic: Presidential Accreditation Should Equal That Of Senate In A State by tk4rd: 6:34am On Mar 02, 2019
bahaushe1:

I believe you got the message.

The state presidential collation officer has no business collating other results. One is not even required to compare the results at ward or LGA level talkless the state and national.

All these will only make the process cumbersome. It should be the responsibility of political parties to do so.
Thanks for making it clearer..
This now means, Nigerians now have a very valid means of verifying the credibility of elections??

1 Like

Re: Simple Logic: Presidential Accreditation Should Equal That Of Senate In A State by unmask: 11:06pm On Mar 03, 2019
tk4rd:
Answering to the first bolded statement, We have already established that under normal circumstances, they should not have different figures, but then, in the reality of INEC which we saw ourselves in, there are huge differences..
Answering to the second bolded statement, it's like you didn't follow the election results declaration closely?? INEC did manual accreditation without card-readers in some places, and they allowed it to count.
So, what are you saying?

I am not sure about your first paragraph....and you are the first person I am hearing it from

And to react to the second....the chairman of INEC said manual accreditation won't count, which He confirmed during collation, but your question on "what am I saying" seems odd....since I just mentioned the only realistic area the opposition can actually have a case
Re: Simple Logic: Presidential Accreditation Should Equal That Of Senate In A State by hoseao(m): 2:15pm On Mar 17, 2019
daftpikin:

Are people allowed to reject voting in any of the 3? Say I want only HOR ballot paper and not the other 2
in some cases people just go home with the ballot paper in such case you would have issue of under voting where by accredited voters are more than the vote cast
Re: Simple Logic: Presidential Accreditation Should Equal That Of Senate In A State by daftpikin: 2:28pm On Mar 17, 2019
hoseao:

in some cases people just go home with the ballot paper in such case you would have issue of under voting where by accredited voters are more than the vote cast

Okay. I see but that should not be allowed to do that auditing of votes would be easy
Re: Simple Logic: Presidential Accreditation Should Equal That Of Senate In A State by tk4rd: 10:18pm On Nov 05, 2019
Here is the continuation of this thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/5511492/really-trust-inec-again-inec
I have done that of Anambra State.
And as expected, INEC failed the simple test.
See Below:
Number of Accredited Voters in Anambra State for the Presidential Election= 675,273.
Number of Accredited Voters in Anambra Central Senatorial District for the Anambra Central Senatorial Election= 223,877.
Number of Accredited Voters in Anambra North Senatorial District for the Anambra North Senatorial Election= 210,819.
Number of Accredited Voters in Anambra South Senatorial District for the Anambra South Senatorial Election= 224,569.
Total of the three accreditation figures for the Senatorial Elections in Anambra State= 659,265.

DIFFERENCE IN THE FIGURES= 675,273 - 659,265= 16,008.
Re: Simple Logic: Presidential Accreditation Should Equal That Of Senate In A State by tk4rd: 10:21pm On Nov 05, 2019
unmask:

I am not sure about your first paragraph....and you are the first person I am hearing it from

And to react to the second....the chairman of INEC said manual accreditation won't count, which He confirmed during collation, but your question on "what am I saying" seems odd....since I just mentioned the only realistic area the opposition can actually have a case
See the figures I posted above and confirm for yourself that there are huge differences.
Thankioor.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari, El-Rufai, Leave For Senegal For President Macky Sall's Inauguration / Again, Buhari Asks National Assembly To Amend Electoral Act / Pictures From PDP Presidential Rally In Jigawa (Aerial View)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.