Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,387 members, 7,781,111 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:09 AM

I Didn’t Lose, The Results Will Be Corrected —akpabio - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Didn’t Lose, The Results Will Be Corrected —akpabio (40249 Views)

I Didn’t Lose 2023 Presidential Election, Atiku Declares / INEC, Actually Told Us, Results Will Be Collated Manually / 2023 Election Results Will Be Collated Manually – INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Didn’t Lose, The Results Will Be Corrected —akpabio by Islie: 4:38pm On Feb 27, 2019
Tobi Aworinde, Abuja

Former Senate Minority Leader, Senator Godswill Akpabio, has promised to challenge his loss in the February 23 National Assembly elections.

The Independent National Electoral Commission, on Tuesday, had declared Dr. Chris Ekpenyong of the Peoples Democratic Party as winner of the senatorial election in the Ikot-Ekpene Senatorial District of Akwa Ibom State.

According to the result declared by the INEC Returning Officer, Prof. Peter Ogbang, Ekpenyong, who is a former deputy governor, scored 118,215 votes to defeat the incumbent senator, Akpabio of the All Progressives Congress, who secured 83,158 votes.

The result was announced at the INEC headquarters in Uyo instead of Ikot-Ekpene because of alleged security threats in the area.

But Akpabio, who spoke on The Verdict, a live programme of Channels Television, on Wednesday, vowed to challenge the collation of the results, adding that he could not lose the election.

The senator said, “I won. It’s a temporary setback. That is why there are processes. For instance, if you feel that you were cheated or there was wrong collation, you have recourse to the courts. I did not fail; I can’t fail.

“I believe strongly that there must have been some wrong collation somewhere. Those things will be corrected. We have processes in the election. It’s from one stage; we have to do registration, vote and collate.

“As far as there is a mistake anywhere, you go to the court and get your mandate. My mandate is somewhere waiting for me. My people know that I can’t fail elections.”

https://punchng.com/i-didnt-lose-the-results-will-be-corrected-akpabio/

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Didn’t Lose, The Results Will Be Corrected —akpabio by stephleena(f): 4:41pm On Feb 27, 2019
lol..Akpabio sit down and be humble.. u failed!!..

Rather than going to court, start dog business. since he has no electoral value. he should try market..

Akwa-íbom ,Amanem eti-eti!!!!

232 Likes 13 Shares

Re: I Didn’t Lose, The Results Will Be Corrected —akpabio by mirexxx(f): 4:46pm On Feb 27, 2019
shocked we are in naija sha

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn’t Lose, The Results Will Be Corrected —akpabio by Originakalokalo(m): 4:52pm On Feb 27, 2019
They encourage atiku to make the call....

Let him pick his phone and call the winner. That is called leading by example.

79 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Didn’t Lose, The Results Will Be Corrected —akpabio by OreMI22: 4:55pm On Feb 27, 2019
The practice of changing numbers different from the true votes of the people MUST STOP IN NIGERIA!

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn’t Lose, The Results Will Be Corrected —akpabio by Fianze93(m): 4:57pm On Feb 27, 2019
Sometimes I wonder what these politicians take that make them talk like they are infallible. Imagine! "I can't fail"

37 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Lose, The Results Will Be Corrected —akpabio by TheFreeOne: 5:04pm On Feb 27, 2019
Akpabio still got senate presidency on his mind cheesy
And with the current militocracy in power...anything is possible.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn’t Lose, The Results Will Be Corrected —akpabio by AroleOduduwa(m): 5:06pm On Feb 27, 2019
Sore loser, since Buhari is your friend, ask for a ministerial appointment

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn’t Lose, The Results Will Be Corrected —akpabio by tstx(m): 5:15pm On Feb 27, 2019
Thats the spirit

See my signature
Re: I Didn’t Lose, The Results Will Be Corrected —akpabio by hisexcellency34: 5:15pm On Feb 27, 2019
If corrected, then that's uncommon correction oooo

3 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Lose, The Results Will Be Corrected —akpabio by Wiseandtrue(f): 5:16pm On Feb 27, 2019
Hahaha Akpabio sure of a bribed judge somewhere!!!

And it will happen!!! SMH!

Can you imagine APC's reaction if this were to be coming from Saraki!!!

Those that said Buhari has integrity should cover their face in shame!!!

Atiku if Akpabio can do it, you too can!!! I am still very hopeful!

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Didn’t Lose, The Results Will Be Corrected —akpabio by olaolulazio(m): 5:16pm On Feb 27, 2019
Corrected in 2023 grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn’t Lose, The Results Will Be Corrected —akpabio by Cue4rm: 5:16pm On Feb 27, 2019
Good
Re: I Didn’t Lose, The Results Will Be Corrected —akpabio by stan111(m): 5:16pm On Feb 27, 2019
stephleena:

Rather than going to court, start dog business. since he has no electoral value. he should try market..

U get bad mouth ooooo grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Lose, The Results Will Be Corrected —akpabio by nwanyionitsha: 5:16pm On Feb 27, 2019
Originakalokalo:

They encourage atiku to make the call....

Let him pick his phone and call the winner. That is called leading by example.
Re: I Didn’t Lose, The Results Will Be Corrected —akpabio by DMerciful(m): 5:17pm On Feb 27, 2019
For sure Bubu can correct it the way he corrected it Borno, Yobe, Nasarawa, Kano etc

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn’t Lose, The Results Will Be Corrected —akpabio by EdoBozz(m): 5:18pm On Feb 27, 2019
This guy still dey get hope. Him never serious.

2 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Lose, The Results Will Be Corrected —akpabio by rxmusa(m): 5:18pm On Feb 27, 2019
Yes
Re: I Didn’t Lose, The Results Will Be Corrected —akpabio by Marvyx(m): 5:19pm On Feb 27, 2019
Lol.. I supervised elections in Akwa Ibom and I can say that Akpabio is crying fowl.. APC didn't win any ward in my local government. He should enjoy the next level of Udom please.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Didn’t Lose, The Results Will Be Corrected —akpabio by Nobody: 5:19pm On Feb 27, 2019
Na this one thunder go take fire una

7 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Lose, The Results Will Be Corrected —akpabio by princeade86(m): 5:19pm On Feb 27, 2019
u better call d winner as saraki did, and collect minister slot.

2 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Lose, The Results Will Be Corrected —akpabio by Nickijoy(f): 5:19pm On Feb 27, 2019
How
Re: I Didn’t Lose, The Results Will Be Corrected —akpabio by Nevee: 5:20pm On Feb 27, 2019
Lies! You are never coming back. Enough is enough. I'm happy you, Saraki, Kwankwaso, Ajimobi and other past governors who have chosen to make the Nigerian senate their homes are finally being kicked out. May this bloodless coup sack Theodore Orji, Uzor Kalu and the remaining ones too. AMEN!

5 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Lose, The Results Will Be Corrected —akpabio by delerx(m): 5:20pm On Feb 27, 2019
so when will you win??

2 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Lose, The Results Will Be Corrected —akpabio by Donchukz(m): 5:21pm On Feb 27, 2019
Islie:

https://punchng.com/i-didnt-lose-the-results-will-be-corrected-akpabio/

this one is yet to come to term with reality. Abeg,go sit-down jor

8 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Lose, The Results Will Be Corrected —akpabio by kasheemawo(m): 5:21pm On Feb 27, 2019
Akpabio is our next Senate President
In chukwu okiki banbi I pray
Re: I Didn’t Lose, The Results Will Be Corrected —akpabio by Babiboy: 5:21pm On Feb 27, 2019
cool
Re: I Didn’t Lose, The Results Will Be Corrected —akpabio by IMASTEX: 5:21pm On Feb 27, 2019
Okay
Re: I Didn’t Lose, The Results Will Be Corrected —akpabio by id911(m): 5:22pm On Feb 27, 2019
stephleena:

Eyen eka, Abasi aya udion. Akpabio is finished politically in Akwa Ibom. I regret campaigning for him in the past when he was going for governorship

He no longer has electoral value and no base

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Northern Governors Receive Osinbajo As He Land In Kaduna 4 Buhari's PA's Wedding / Labour Party’s Maths Professor Prepared Reports For Only Two States / Atiku Abubakar Visits Ooni Of Ife At His Palace In Osun State. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.