Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,551 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:20 PM

Another Medical Doctor Kidnapped In Benin City - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another Medical Doctor Kidnapped In Benin City (2834 Views)

Another Medical Doctor Uju Onata Kidnapped In Port Harcourt / The Ebola Virus : Another Medical Conspiracy By The Elite / Nigeria First Lady Returns To Abuja From Another Medical Trip (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Medical Doctor Kidnapped In Benin City by snowdrops(m): 11:36am On Aug 29, 2010
A senior consultant in the department of Medicine, University of Benin Teaching Hospital (UBTH) Professor Abel Onunu has been kidnapped by unknown gun men in Benin City.

It was gathered that, the suspected gun men invaded his Evbomore residence in Benin at about 8.p.m on Wednesday and has not been released by his captors.

The gunmen were said to have shot sporadically into the air, before taking their victim to an unknown destination.

Commenting on the incidence yesterday, the Chief Medical Director of UBTH Professor Michael Ibadin said the Management of the hospital received the news of their colleague with a rude shock, adding that medical practitioners were care givers who rendered selfless services to the people of the state.

Professor Ibadin, who expressed dismay that the adoption has dropped the morale of the doctors and other health workers in the institution appealed to professor Onunu’s abductors to release him unconditionally.

In the meantime, medical activities have been paralysed at UBTH as a result of the withdrawal of medical services in protest of the abduction of professor Onunu.

FROM THE NIGERIAN OBSERVER
Re: Another Medical Doctor Kidnapped In Benin City by Nobody: 11:49am On Aug 29, 2010
What does the oba of benin have to say about this ? I thought the curse they cast the other time was to stop kidnapping .na wa o
Re: Another Medical Doctor Kidnapped In Benin City by excanny: 11:54am On Aug 29, 2010
We have a crime section for this. Put this kind of threads there.
Re: Another Medical Doctor Kidnapped In Benin City by jamace(m): 1:28pm On Aug 29, 2010
What does the oba of benin have to say about this ? I thought the curse they cast the other time was to stop kidnapping .na wa o

Its like the curse code has been hacked by the kidnappers. Trust Naija man.
Re: Another Medical Doctor Kidnapped In Benin City by saintneo(m): 2:53pm On Aug 29, 2010
bribery of the chief priest = hacking
Re: Another Medical Doctor Kidnapped In Benin City by snowdrops(m): 10:52pm On Aug 29, 2010
~Bluetooth:

What does the oba of Benin have to say about this ? I thought the curse they cast the other time was to stop kidnapping .na wa o
wrong. the curse was made to condemn the kidnappers soul to a life of misfortune and eternal damnation not to literally stop them from kidnapping
Re: Another Medical Doctor Kidnapped In Benin City by snowdrops(m): 10:52pm On Aug 29, 2010
excanny:

We have a crime section for this. Put this kind of threads there.
and when did you become a moderator mr sensitive?
Re: Another Medical Doctor Kidnapped In Benin City by Nobody: 11:20pm On Aug 29, 2010
snowdrops:

wrong. the curse was made to condemn the kidnappers soul to a life of misfortune and eternal damnation not to literally stop them from kidnapping
Why would the kidnappers still go on with the business if they consider the consequence of the curse i.e a misfortunate life and eternal damnation as you said ? Btw,boys are making cool money, riding exotic cars and you guys are hoping they would have a misfortunate life.wtf
Re: Another Medical Doctor Kidnapped In Benin City by tpiah: 11:23pm On Aug 29, 2010
are these kidnappings for brainwashing purposes or stolkholm syndrome because that's how they kidnapped pete edochie the other time and now lo and behold, he suddenly now just noticed yorubas are in igbo movies.
Re: Another Medical Doctor Kidnapped In Benin City by bidemi12(m): 11:31pm On Aug 29, 2010
tpiah:

ae these kidnappings for brainwashing purposes or stolkholm syndrome because that's how they kidnapped pete edochie the other time and now lo and behold, he suddenly now just noticed yorubas are in igbo movies.

Can someone explain to me what she just posted? i hear you are going senile from old age. i hope this is not evidence of it?  i await your bombardments. grin
Re: Another Medical Doctor Kidnapped In Benin City by tpiah: 11:43pm On Aug 29, 2010
^^i really dont know why i bother, but let me repost this:

bidemi12:

i am currently in the process of convincing some of my american friends to invest in Nigeria. The only problem is they are scared because of the cost they might incure to set up the investments. i try my best to tell them that most nigerians are retarded and the challenges they face with getting safety permits for standards in the US don't apply here. In a nutshell, you can pretty much get away with murder. They still don't believe. Maybe i should introduce them to Nairaland so that they can witness some of the remarks by so called educated posters who blame victims and not the organization. Yes!! that is what i will do. I wonder why i didn't think of that before?

describes you to a T, and in a nutshell.

'nuff said.

i dont enjoy back and forth with you, so you'll be chatting with yourself if you reply.
Re: Another Medical Doctor Kidnapped In Benin City by bidemi12(m): 11:53pm On Aug 29, 2010
tpiah:

^^i really dont know why i bother, but let me repost this:

describes you to a T, and in a nutshell.

'nuff said.

i dont enjoy back and forth with you, so you'll be chatting with yourself if you reply.

Retard. grin
Re: Another Medical Doctor Kidnapped In Benin City by Redman44(m): 3:22pm On Aug 30, 2010
I don't really understand what is happening in Nigeria. I'm even more shocked with the spate of kidnappings that has taken place all over the country in just one year. Yet, it seems the Nigeria Police and the Federal Government is not interested in stopping this new menace that threatens our national existence. Some years ago, expatriates were the ones that got abducted for financial purposes. Now, average professionals in the country can be kidnapped by gunmen anytime of the day lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed Nigeria is gradually turning to another Somalia before our eyes cry cry Why can't a Special Anti-Kidnap Force be formed by the FG for nipping this menace in the bud? The Force can be made up of Soldiers, Policemen, Naval Officers and detectives. When are we going to start doing things properly in the country? Na wa o.

www.vibes-extra..com
Re: Another Medical Doctor Kidnapped In Benin City by igboboy1(m): 9:58pm On Aug 30, 2010
tpiah:

are these kidnappings for brainwashing purposes or stolkholm syndrome because that's how they kidnapped pete edochie the other time and now lo and behold, he suddenly now just noticed yorubas are in igbo movies.

senseless contribution to the topic
Re: Another Medical Doctor Kidnapped In Benin City by zuft: 6:08am On Aug 31, 2010
very sad indeed and shocking.He was once my lecturer while in school.
Re: Another Medical Doctor Kidnapped In Benin City by oscartawn1: 12:54pm On Aug 31, 2010
God's judgement is coming on the kidnappers, watchout!
Re: Another Medical Doctor Kidnapped In Benin City by snowdrops(m): 3:25pm On Aug 31, 2010
zuft:

very sad indeed and shocking.He was once my lecturer while in school.
same here. cant believe short, sharp-mouth onunu has become another kidnap victim. christ have mercy
Re: Another Medical Doctor Kidnapped In Benin City by snowdrops(m): 3:26pm On Aug 31, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Why would the kidnappers still go on with the business if they consider the consequence of the curse i.e a misfortunate life and eternal damnation as you said ? Btw,boys are making cool money, riding exotic cars and you guys are hoping they would have a misfortunate life.wtf
there is a way that seemeth right unto a man but the end is death and destruction
Re: Another Medical Doctor Kidnapped In Benin City by chelseabmw(m): 12:57pm On Sep 01, 2010
kidnapping in benin is like selling pure water in hold up
Re: Another Medical Doctor Kidnapped In Benin City by snowdrops(m): 2:42pm On Sep 01, 2010
chelseabmw:

kidnapping in benin is like selling pure water in hold up
point being
Re: Another Medical Doctor Kidnapped In Benin City by tunde121oke: 9:13pm On Sep 01, 2010
THAT IS WHAT WE A RE GOOD AT, SORRY WHAT U ARE GOOD AT
Re: Another Medical Doctor Kidnapped In Benin City by snowdrops(m): 10:29pm On Sep 01, 2010
tunde121oke:

THAT IS WHAT WE A RE GOOD AT, SORRY WHAT U ARE GOOD AT
what are you on about dear wink
Re: Another Medical Doctor Kidnapped In Benin City by chelseabmw(m): 10:31am On Sep 04, 2010
snowdrops:

point being

i have stayed in central,(GRA) here in benin city so i know my town. . .there is high rate of kidnapping here
Re: Another Medical Doctor Kidnapped In Benin City by yeswecan(m): 3:22pm On Sep 04, 2010
~Bluetooth:

I couldn't have said that any better. oba of Benin should curse political criminals who plunge this beautiful Nation into perpetual poverty. He should curse the governor or local government chairman that took public funds for person use, he should place a spell on those who are destroying this beautiful land called Nigeria. If he is any educated he should understand that it is the actions of the politicians that provoked kidnappers, fraud and all the actions that has brought disrepute to Benin and Nigeria at large - he should seek to solve the problem from the motives. He is only selling fear and i am not buying that, we know fear is a great feeling, even greater that love buy poverty is real and when one is hungry he has no time for any feeling, be it fear or love. Hunger has made people in the past to see death and walk through it, starvation has no control-laws or respect for any gods. People can eat food meant for little gods because of hunger- now oba of benin comes on to sell out fear in the existence of poverty - his advisers must be deluded.

I have just enough respect for the bini kingdom even though there is no such thing in Nigeria constitution - i am still trying to figure out the use of traditional rulers on the positive side. We know they are keepers of tradition and customs but in the present situation i must say traditional rulers failed to invoke their authorities for good use. I can imagine Oba of Bini placing a curse on actions propelled by poverty, while he remain silent on actions driven by selfishness that has placed this Nation on perpetual  poverty, such a bad choice for the Oba though. Where are the great men of this time, I read about Oba Ovonramwen Nogbaisi and i was trilled.

I have a theory i would like to share on this platform. These traditional rulers are been paid by politicians, maybe salaries or royalties, i have never seen a poor traditional ruler, their wealth are relative to the kingdom they cover. You cannot condemn your payer, it doesn't work that way. We have a great deal of traditional rulers in Nigeria- (recently one from ibo was accused of aiding kidnap)- and we are living like we have no person that can invoke moral authorities. Damn these traditional rulers God is the only answer

(1) (Reply)

Sure-p Registration Portal Real Or Fake? / Soldiers Kill 16 Worshippers In Yobe, Cleric Also Missing- Residents / ‘Those Who Want To Flee When I Take Over Are Free To Run’ Muhammed Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.