Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,523 members, 7,808,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:11 PM

Ladies, How Far Would You Go To Keep A Guy? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, How Far Would You Go To Keep A Guy? (1743 Views)

Ladies! How Many Of You Do This??(picture) / How Far Can She Push You? / Brothers how far would you Go To Seduce A Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies, How Far Would You Go To Keep A Guy? by Maleeq(m): 12:15am On Apr 25, 2007
I have known this girl for a year exact today. She's pretty and all but she not the one for me.
We started out really nice and then, we started slipping. I started seeing errors in almost every thing she does. I guess because my mind was telling me "she's not the one! Move on bro". As much as I try to let her know, the more she feels she could change for me.

The story changed when I called her just minutes to midnite. She was furious when I told her for sure we are done now. Her words were: "You're trying to take away the joy I've known. I gave you everything and anything you wanted. And now you want to leave me? Well, I refuse to be dumped and would do everything I can to keep you."

She then switched off her phone. Not a word more from her.

I am not exactly shaken by those words(threats?) but I just can't understand why she still wants to hold on even if I don't reciprocate the love she has for me?

I would like to know from the ladies, what would you do if a guy you love so much wants out of the relationship? Would you back out? Or fight to stay on?
Re: Ladies, How Far Would You Go To Keep A Guy? by uyai(f): 12:31am On Apr 25, 2007
when did you realize she's not the one for u? after a year and 2days? come on
Re: Ladies, How Far Would You Go To Keep A Guy? by Maleeq(m): 1:14am On Apr 25, 2007
@uyai

'2day' as in 'today'.(changed that now)

I cant really say when I realized it but the first time I told her about us not being together was like four months now. But we've still have been in touch since then.
Re: Ladies, How Far Would You Go To Keep A Guy? by cuteass1(f): 1:15am On Apr 25, 2007
Maleeq:

I am not exactly shaken by those words(threats?) but I just can't understand why she still wants to hold on even if I don't reciprocate the love she has for me?

LOL . .you're kidding me, right?? haven't you taken time to notice the shortage of men in ratio to ladies or you don't know every lady now wants to anwser "Mrs." at all cost. stay there grin

Maleeq:

I would like to know from the ladies, what would you do if a guy you love so much wants out of the relationship? Would you back out? Or fight to stay on?

BUT hell will freeze and the frogs grow tails ooh before i'll accept anything less than the best. Why on earth will i wnat to be witha a guy that has bluntly let me know he doesn't love me, neither does he want me?

But then i can't speak for everybody, i guess she's desperate. And all females are not the same. We all have a different list of priority but its sad when they get what they want at the expense of someone else's hapiness angry

LOVE is also wishing those you claim to love hapiness, and if its a life without you, grant them that. Mourn over your loss and face tomorrow as a new day. No human-being(as surprising as it may sound has the life of another in their hands), somehow, life will go on

In her threats, i can read two things, either she'll go to the end of the earth to destroy any other relationship you wish to commit to or "the one and only JUJU mission"

If its the first mentioned, then its left for you to secure your relationship, be as trustworthy as possible and fore-warn the girl about this "crazy" one you've been going out on so her accusations don't come as a bomb.

Now i also suggest to give your whole self to God, surrender to prayers, always cover yourself with "the blood of Jesus" and claim that "no weapon fashioned against you shall prosper, and that any tongue that rises against you in judgement, you already condem"

Because that's the only power that can fight "JUJU" if in notime, she starts having some unusual mental or physical derangement then its her "dirty force" being sent back to sender wink
Re: Ladies, How Far Would You Go To Keep A Guy? by Maleeq(m): 1:23am On Apr 25, 2007
cute-ass:

In her threats, i can read two things, either she'll go to the end of the earth to destroy any other relationship you wish to commit to or "the one and only JUJU mission"

It's the second one(JUJU mission) that got me thinking there for a while. The little I know about her hopes she won't resort to it.
Re: Ladies, How Far Would You Go To Keep A Guy? by cuteass1(f): 1:28am On Apr 25, 2007
Maleeq:

It's the second one(JUJU mission) that got me thinking there for a while. The little I know about her hopes she won't resort to it.

Well "Mr. Friend" you had better start praying about it instead of sitting there and hoping. hoping won't save your ass, neither will it take you far either wink

A desperate lady is capable of doing anything, now if she has "bad advicers" for friends, dear you better started praying hard, or you'll be regreting the day you met her, while singing with your ancestors cry cry i hope it doesn't get to that and i cover you with the blood of JESUS, AMEN!! but fear women they can be maliciously dubious in character sad

*walking out of thread, feeling so sorry for "dear poster" and what he got himself into* cry
Re: Ladies, How Far Would You Go To Keep A Guy? by jgirl3: 1:51am On Apr 25, 2007
Maleeq, it doesn't really mean she'll do juju to you. She might just stalk you till all other girls dump you out of frustration.
I'd advice you to talk to her friends or anyone that's close to her that you know. That way they can talk her into forgetting all about you.
Re: Ladies, How Far Would You Go To Keep A Guy? by adeboo(f): 10:51am On Apr 25, 2007
A relationship is a two person deal.

If he isnt willing to pull his weight and has given up on it - then i would probably be put off.

It totally depends also on how long the relationship has been for.
And if he is someone i see as a keeper then i dont know how far i would go.

Totally depends on the length of the relationship as i said earlier.
Re: Ladies, How Far Would You Go To Keep A Guy? by adeboo(f): 10:51am On Apr 25, 2007
A relationship is a two person deal.

If he isnt willing to pull his weight and has given up on it - then i would probably be put off.

It totally depends also on how long the relationship has been for.
And if he is someone i see as a keeper then i dont know how far i would go.

Totally depends on the length of the relationship as i said earlier.
Re: Ladies, How Far Would You Go To Keep A Guy? by mohawkchic(f): 12:59pm On Apr 25, 2007
LOL . .you're kidding me, right?? haven't you taken time to notice the shortage of men in ratio to ladies or you don't know every lady now wants to anwser "Mrs." at all cost.

~I have to hand it to you cute-ass, you got me LMAO on that one!!!

~I think its just an act of desperation on her side,i guess she can't see past the joy she's known w/you!!

~To answer your question,i'd back out grin !!!

~Am curious though,hasnt it ever occured to the lady iin question something hasnt been right?was she aware of how you've been feelin prior to havin that "Am Dumpin you" chat?
Re: Ladies, How Far Would You Go To Keep A Guy? by Maleeq(m): 1:15pm On Apr 25, 2007
mohawkchic:

~Am curious though,hasnt it ever occured to the lady iin question something hasnt been right?was she aware of how you've been feelin prior to havin that "Am Dumpin you" chat?

She did notice I was drifting away, but always felt things would get better if we'd only try harder.
Re: Ladies, How Far Would You Go To Keep A Guy? by fashlak(f): 2:07pm On Apr 25, 2007
What are you all saying, what made you leave her at the first place, after all dis while, i think u need to sit her down and give a genuie reason y u are quiting the relationship, about the threat stuff, it depend on her age, if shes close to 26, 27, 28 thenyou need to be prayer ful cos she might have depended on you Big Time (As-in marraige)
Re: Ladies, How Far Would You Go To Keep A Guy? by ThoniaSlim(f): 2:48pm On Apr 25, 2007
It depends on how far the far is,
Re: Ladies, How Far Would You Go To Keep A Guy? by Beline(f): 3:14pm On Apr 25, 2007
not to any lenght, if the guy think we can't go on again I'll let him be instead of wasting my time changing unchangable situation.
Re: Ladies, How Far Would You Go To Keep A Guy? by hype: 3:37pm On Apr 25, 2007
I dont know why some ladies are like that they'll know a particular guy does not love them but dat still wont stop them 4rm throwing themselves at him. For me i won't even let you do the breaking up cos once i feel the relationship is heading towards that direction i'll do the breaking up myself to save myself some pride. As 4 ur question some ladies can go to any length to have a guy. I'll advice you sort things out in a better way by talking to her physically and explaining why u want to be out of the relationship in nice way. If she tells you she has forgiven you then u must keep contact with her by calling her often so she wont feel neglected by you. Hope this helps.
Re: Ladies, How Far Would You Go To Keep A Guy? by staci(f): 4:26pm On Apr 25, 2007
Sometimes i wonder why some guys do not take their time before getting serious with a girl. I guess you must have shown her some seriousness in the relationship before she's getting this serious in doing everything she can to keep you. But then, no matter what, if am in her shoes i'll back out cos there's no point forcing myself in a relationship am no longer needed.
Re: Ladies, How Far Would You Go To Keep A Guy? by DewDrop(f): 6:55pm On Apr 25, 2007
[center]@ topic,
Aww, Hell NAW!
How far would I go?
NOT FAR AT ALL!

You can't keep what doesn't want to be kept.
(without losing your dignity)

I know it's hard to hear that someone you're "hopeless devoted to, suddenly stopped loving you"
As Mariah said though, and as women should do- just breakdown and cry

& Let it go
cool[/center]
Re: Ladies, How Far Would You Go To Keep A Guy? by cuteass1(f): 10:54pm On Apr 25, 2007
mohawkchic:

LOL . .you're kidding me, right?? haven't you taken time to notice the shortage of men in ratio to ladies or you don't know every lady now wants to anwser "Mrs." at all cost.

~I have to hand it to you cute-ass, you got me LMAO on that one!!!

but my dear, no be true i talk?? wink grin

some ladies will tell a guy that she wouldn't even mind if he used her for his door-mat, as longer as she was his "mrs." angry
like drewdrop rightly said, where is their dignity?? cry
Re: Ladies, How Far Would You Go To Keep A Guy? by Chiangel1(f): 11:29pm On Apr 25, 2007
This is not d tym to start blamin "some gurls" or blaming maleeq for being too serious wit d gurls as u call it. Now lets get something straight. U date sme1 cos u want to know d person beta aight? N if d person doesnt fit, u make it known n search 4 d rite person. Now, not everi1 knows dat, so u hve to call dis gurl in question, sit her down n talk sense into her. A broken relationship is far beta dan a broken marriage or a marriage without peace. She cant change n stop being who she is, it will last for just sme tym And at dis point, dont dare a womans capability n sit down thre n say u dont think shell go in for dis or dat. Ill advice u to pray first dat GOd gives her an understanding heart b4 u talk to her so dat when u talk to her she can undstnd n forgive u. Its not easy , so dnt sit down thr n think its very easy, esp whn shes taken d relationship farther dan it was. Be prayerful too.
Re: Ladies, How Far Would You Go To Keep A Guy? by IBBFan(m): 11:36pm On Apr 25, 2007
@fine yansh
lol!! no bi lie. dem say boyfriend plenty, but husband scarce.

@maleeq
i am a guy like you. first thing that came to my mind when you said you discovered she wasn't for you after how many months, was you've had your piece of the kpomo and right now, she has lost value in your eyes. however, that might not be the case here. before i say anything, i'd like you to tell me the things you were expecting from her that made you wait for so long and eventually never came out. you now see faults in everything she's been doing lately. did she start doing them wrongly all of a sudden, or you're just not satisfied with how she does them? maybe before, your afang soup was plain, but she has started including perewinkles in them and you don't appreciate the extra effort. please, talk to me!
Re: Ladies, How Far Would You Go To Keep A Guy? by cuteass1(f): 12:32am On Apr 26, 2007
Chi angel:

This is not d time to start blamin "some girls"
my dear you're the one that said if the thing isn't working out, they should find the right one.

If we blame some girls, then its because we gat nothing but love for them, we want them to have the best and not someone that has outrightly told you they don't love you??

if you see your friend walking down the wrong path, won't you call her back?. Well thats just what we're trying to do. We can't force them to take the advice but we want to make sure they hear it and we'll know we tried wink

we're all saying the same thing, just in different ways cool

IBB Fan:

@fine yansh
lol!! no bi lie. them say boyfriend plenty, but husband scarce.

Thanks jare!!! cheesy
Re: Ladies, How Far Would You Go To Keep A Guy? by Maleeq(m): 7:35am On Apr 26, 2007
IBB Fan:

@maleeq
i am a guy like you. first thing that came to my mind when you said you discovered she wasn't for you after how many months, was you've had your piece of the kpomo and right now, she has lost value in your eyes. however, that might not be the case here. before i say anything, i'd like you to tell me the things you were expecting from her that made you wait for so long and eventually never came out. you now see faults in everything she's been doing lately. did she start doing them wrongly all of a sudden, or you're just not satisfied with how she does them?

The truth is, we were separated by distance a little. We met while I was in Jos. I left just about 3weeks later for Lagos. We however kept contact(phone) and occasionally when I'd go over to her place in Jos. May be a fault here, but I never asked to come over to my place in Lagos. We spent the most time together when I got a study leave from my work place. This time, I spent about a month with her. I cant really say my expectations were not met but the feelings just started dropping. It seems the more of her I saw made me doubt the "happily ever after" end. I left with this on my mind only to call her up on the phone later to let her know. She asked for a chance to change and I never gave a direct answer to that question that states, "No, Its over" until now.

staci:

Sometimes i wonder why some guys do not take their time before getting serious with a girl. I guess you must have shown her some seriousness in the relationship before she's getting this serious in doing everything she can to keep you.
I guess I did, cos I only hoped it would be good in the end. Time only proved this hope wrong

@fashlak
I must admit to this, she's two year older than me! I always said age did not count, but I reviewed it and yes, it's one of the reason I want out.
Re: Ladies, How Far Would You Go To Keep A Guy? by IBBFan(m): 11:49pm On Apr 26, 2007
@Maleeq
not trying to sound like a feminist, but i think you're just being wicked (even though i don't blame your emotions for the sudden weather-change).

(1) (Reply)

What Has Nairaland Done 4 U / Case Of The Ex! / Women Raping Men In Zimbabwe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.