Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,842 members, 7,806,367 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:28 PM

Tribunal: Don't Be A Double Loser, Sagay Tells Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribunal: Don't Be A Double Loser, Sagay Tells Atiku (10689 Views)

Worsening Economy: Stop Floating Of Naira Immediately, Sagay Tells Tinubu / Sowore: "You Owe Nigerians An Explanation’ – Sagay Tells DSS Over Re-arrest Of A / Complete All Ambode's Projects Before Starting New Ones, Sagay Tells Sanwo-olu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tribunal: Don't Be A Double Loser, Sagay Tells Atiku by nairavsdollars(f): 9:44am On Feb 28, 2019
Prof. Itse Sagay (SAN), Chairman of the Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption (PACAC); Chief Olisa Agbakoba, former president of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) and Prince Tony Momoh, former Minister of Information, have advised Atiku Abubakar to accept defeat in last Saturday’s presidential election and refrain from challenging the outcome in court.

In a chat with Daily Independent, Sagay said aside losing the elections, Atiku would also lose in court because the election complied substantially with the rules of elections as noted by both local and foreign observers.

He urged him to maintain his dignity and earn the respect of Nigerians and the world by congratulating Buhari just as former President Goodluck Jonathan did in 2015.

Sagay said: “My advice to Atiku is that it’s not advisable for him to go to court for political and moral reasons.

“He should be mature politically and accept defeat with dignity.

“By rejecting the result, what he is doing is to drag himself on the ground and lose all the little dignity that he has left. At the end of the day, he will be a double loser.

“On the legal side, you can only upset a declaration of victory of an election if you can establish that the process of the election did not comply substantially with the rules of the election.

“So, if there is failure to comply in some areas, it has no effect on the validity of the election. It has to be substantial.

“There is no way anybody can say that this election does not comply substantially in electoral rules. All the various observers and monitors have written their reports and they have said it was a well organised election with hitches here and there.

“What this means is that they are saying it substantially complies with the rules. So, legally, Atiku will fail, morally he will fail, and so, it’s not just good for him.

“Today, the only claim to fame that Jonathan has was in accepting defeat and phoning President Buhari.

“After we have blamed him for his misgovernance and all the poor things he did, then we remember that aspect and then we respect him and the world also respects him for it.

“So, I think we should advice Atiku to follow the same pattern and do what Jonathan did so that he can reserve some respect for himself.”
https://www.independent.ng/dont-go-to-court-sagay-agbakoba-momoh-tell-atiku/

10 Likes

Re: Tribunal: Don't Be A Double Loser, Sagay Tells Atiku by Nobody: 9:45am On Feb 28, 2019
I've admitted Atiku Abubabakar was a very bad choice, he was never a serious contestant and he's not love up north and will never be loved by them.

He spent much time fighting corruption allegations and the other time begging for useless endorsements.

Saraki was too over hyped and Obasanjo overestimated himself.

Too bad though. Atiku will loose the court case

63 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Tribunal: Don't Be A Double Loser, Sagay Tells Atiku by Bizmagnet: 9:48am On Feb 28, 2019
Atiku is just wasting his money. The fact that he couldn't get formidable team for parallel rigging in the North tells alot. He's not strong over there.

Election is gone guys but your business and ideas are more inportant to me. Get your website/blog/software today. Check my signature for my contacts.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tribunal: Don't Be A Double Loser, Sagay Tells Atiku by stephleena(f): 9:49am On Feb 28, 2019
They should allow Atiku do his thing ..

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tribunal: Don't Be A Double Loser, Sagay Tells Atiku by hisexcellency34: 9:56am On Feb 28, 2019
Which thing? The lawyers only want to get their own share of the loot

stephleena:
They should allow Atiku do his thing ..

19 Likes

Re: Tribunal: Don't Be A Double Loser, Sagay Tells Atiku by zlantanfan: 10:00am On Feb 28, 2019
Ozekhome won't leave atiku till he buys a private jet from this goose chase.

Atiku should please go to court, I don't expect him to just give up after the serial defections, desperation and publicity stunts he has pulled over the years.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tribunal: Don't Be A Double Loser, Sagay Tells Atiku by ct2: 10:03am On Feb 28, 2019
Pls allow the lawyers to chop their own , this are looted funds

atiku you will win the case,

you have serious evidence, please go ahead

19 Likes

Re: Tribunal: Don't Be A Double Loser, Sagay Tells Atiku by TechCapon(m): 10:04am On Feb 28, 2019
Most nairaland political commentators are foolish. They're happy because they think atiku has lost a lot of money and his account is blinking red by now. What they fail to realize is that there are people called political lobbyists. Those lobbyists are ready to sponsor a political candidate with billions so they will benefit from his government.

Financially, I don't think atiku even touched his personal money during this campaign same thing with buhari. There are lobbyists always on ground to pick up their bills and enter the good books.

To the topic, I think atiku is wasting his time. Tanko Mohammed CJN was installed at the dying minute to deal with this issue. That was the smartest move buhari has ever made in his presidency.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribunal: Don't Be A Double Loser, Sagay Tells Atiku by GrandHype: 10:04am On Feb 28, 2019
Geez
Re: Tribunal: Don't Be A Double Loser, Sagay Tells Atiku by Bcuispxtr: 10:04am On Feb 28, 2019
Affordable
Re: Tribunal: Don't Be A Double Loser, Sagay Tells Atiku by snapshot: 10:04am On Feb 28, 2019
Sagey,your father

2 Likes

Re: Tribunal: Don't Be A Double Loser, Sagay Tells Atiku by Chepy: 10:05am On Feb 28, 2019
Atiku will win in Tribunal only if that tribunal is in another country with judges from another country grin

10 Likes

Re: Tribunal: Don't Be A Double Loser, Sagay Tells Atiku by oluwamile(m): 10:05am On Feb 28, 2019
Moral story,dnt think money is everything,he was busy chasing money
Saraki and obasanjo are the most overhyped politicians in this world

7 Likes

Re: Tribunal: Don't Be A Double Loser, Sagay Tells Atiku by ngadaAwo: 10:05am On Feb 28, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Which thing? The lawyers only want to get their own share of the loot

is it their money?
Re: Tribunal: Don't Be A Double Loser, Sagay Tells Atiku by GrandHype: 10:05am On Feb 28, 2019
Geez have mercy
Re: Tribunal: Don't Be A Double Loser, Sagay Tells Atiku by afroniger: 10:05am On Feb 28, 2019
Atiku just wants to further disgrace himself with the court case.

5 Likes

Re: Tribunal: Don't Be A Double Loser, Sagay Tells Atiku by MrMcJay(m): 10:05am On Feb 28, 2019
Please let Atiku go to court. He has a fundamental right to reclaim his mandate (even if Adamawa votes wan kill am).

Let lawyers chop from Atiku too o, it is our right to chop.

Wazirin, keep the money flowing. Don't let Dele and others discourage you.

We lawyers believe in you. grin

3 Likes

Re: Tribunal: Don't Be A Double Loser, Sagay Tells Atiku by ngadaAwo: 10:06am On Feb 28, 2019
they should be even happy that Atiku is wasting his money

2 Likes

Re: Tribunal: Don't Be A Double Loser, Sagay Tells Atiku by Sirpaul(m): 10:06am On Feb 28, 2019
double wahala for dead body
Re: Tribunal: Don't Be A Double Loser, Sagay Tells Atiku by eagleeye2: 10:06am On Feb 28, 2019
Allow this man now.... he has a right to be a double loser. Why are they sounding as if they care?

4 Likes

Re: Tribunal: Don't Be A Double Loser, Sagay Tells Atiku by zlantanfan: 10:06am On Feb 28, 2019
Bizmagnet:
Atiku is just wasting his money. The fact that he couldn't get formidable team for parallel rigging in the North tells alot. He's not strong over there.

Election is gone guys but your business and ideas are more inportant to me. Get your website/blog/software today. Check my signature for my contacts.
Dude lost his polling unit, i mean his own polling unit.

Seems even his brothers he gave dollars to share also scammed him in his presence.

Money wen person nor work no dey hard am throwway

5 Likes

Re: Tribunal: Don't Be A Double Loser, Sagay Tells Atiku by lionson(m): 10:07am On Feb 28, 2019
Please, shove your advise right into your ass. Atiku carry go! We can't allow illegality to continue.

1 Like

Re: Tribunal: Don't Be A Double Loser, Sagay Tells Atiku by Princedapace(m): 10:09am On Feb 28, 2019
Bizmagnet:

It is so sad our elections are determined by northerners.. Nigeria will never ever grow in this life.. Becus we need to look at the issue of over population, but with northern Nigeria, seems the population is even encouraged..

3 Likes

Re: Tribunal: Don't Be A Double Loser, Sagay Tells Atiku by chloride6: 10:10am On Feb 28, 2019
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Tribunal: Don't Be A Double Loser, Sagay Tells Atiku by DWJOBScom(m): 10:12am On Feb 28, 2019
I think he should go to court!
The way everyone is saying it means there’s something hidden that must be made known

2 Likes

Re: Tribunal: Don't Be A Double Loser, Sagay Tells Atiku by Bizmagnet: 10:13am On Feb 28, 2019
Princedapace:

It is so sad our elections are determined by northerners.. Nigeria will never ever grow in this life.. Becus we need to look at the issue of over population, but with northern Nigeria, seems the population is even encouraged..
That's just it my brother. Nigeria is still a baby democratic govt.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Olisa Agbakoba Writes President Buhari On "Need For New Revenue Sources" / Osun 2022: Oyetola, Adeleke, Others Sign Peace Accord / Edo State PDP Primary's Update: Ogbeide Ihama step down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.