Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,994 members, 7,806,887 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:19 AM

Why You Must Not Blame The North For Voting Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why You Must Not Blame The North For Voting Buhari (2322 Views)

George Moghalu: Igbos Didn’t Consider Implications Of Not Voting Buhari / Sani Shinkafi Ejects IDPs Living In His House For Voting Buhari / How A Northern Girl Want To Prevent Her Parents From Voting Buhari(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Must Not Blame The North For Voting Buhari by ImDStar: 10:58am On Feb 28, 2019
I was born and brought up in the north, so I can say I have lived 85% of my life in the north so far.

The reason why I said we cannot blame our northern brethren is this

1. Majority of northerners believes there is nothing more to life than eat, sleep and have wives, while the southern counterpart believes there is more to life than
just sleeping, eating, waking up and having children.

2. To the northerners, good government and development come last after tribe and religion while that is a complete opposite to what the southern counterpart believes.

I carried out some interview with some of them and my question was:
do you think Buhari deserves 2nd term?

Majority of them said to me and i quote " even if Buhari did nothing, we will still vote for him"
Majority of this people were shoe makers and road side tailors and little of the elite.

3. They don't have a say as to what direction to go than the one dictated to them by their elites.
That's why till tomorrow, one can dictate which direction their votes could go.

Of course that cannot be said of the South, 2019 should give you a clear view.

I only pity some persons who thinks Tinubu controls the SW, pls don't let the media deceive you with that illusion, tinubu boundary ends in Lagos, and even in Lagos today you can see that without rigging, tinubu would have been relegated like saraki.

4. They are politically incline as to why they need to vote than the South but they are poor in good judgement.

I can tell you without mincing words that Atiku wins Lagos if not for rigging, asked yourself why enlightened Abuja voters voted against Buhari and struggling north voted for him.

5. The Northerners don't believe Atiku to be deep in Islam like Buhari.

Except we want to deceive ourselves, Buhari is more religious than Atiku just as the north believes no real Yoruba Muslim.

These are my little observations.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why You Must Not Blame The North For Voting Buhari by SEGLIZ: 11:33am On Feb 28, 2019
there is more to this than just saying anything to return with mine opinion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Must Not Blame The North For Voting Buhari by zeuss: 11:35am On Feb 28, 2019
The north also voted Atiku.....Mr integrity rigged to win

The most glaring cases YOBE and Bornu

5 Likes

Re: Why You Must Not Blame The North For Voting Buhari by phase1: 11:36am On Feb 28, 2019
You are correct.
Re: Why You Must Not Blame The North For Voting Buhari by donphiilopus(m): 12:08pm On Feb 28, 2019
zeuss:

Did PDP rig for Atiku in Enugu and Anambra?

1 Like

Re: Why You Must Not Blame The North For Voting Buhari by zeuss: 1:02pm On Feb 28, 2019
donphiilopus:

PDP rig in Enugu&anambra? U for real?

Anyway the point is Mr. Integrity is a scam.

GEJ showed integrity but PMB did not

3 Likes

Re: Why You Must Not Blame The North For Voting Buhari by donphiilopus(m): 1:20pm On Feb 28, 2019
zeuss:

PDP rig in Enugu&anambra? U for real?

Anyway the point is Mr. Integrity is a scam.

GEJ showed integrity but PMB did not

If you think PDP didn't rig in Enugu and Anambra, why then do you believe APC rigged in Yobe and Borno?

4 Likes

Re: Why You Must Not Blame The North For Voting Buhari by zeuss: 3:11pm On Feb 28, 2019
[quote author=donphiilopus post=76218305]

If you think PDP didn't rig in Enugu and Anambra, why then do you believe APC rigged in Yobe and Borno? [/quote
According to INEC—Vote Cast ————- 586,137
Rejected ————– (226,772)

Actual Valid Votes 359,365

APC had 497,914 Votes Out of 359,365.
PDP Scored 50,769 Votes from the same 359,365.
Other 50+ Political parties got their shares from the 359,365 Valid Votes.
THERE IS A LIMIT TO FRAUD.

3 Likes

Re: Why You Must Not Blame The North For Voting Buhari by donphiilopus(m): 3:16pm On Feb 28, 2019
zeuss:
According to INEC—Vote Cast ————- 586,137
Rejected ————– (226,772)

Actual Valid Votes 359,365

APC had 497,914 Votes Out of 359,365.
PDP Scored 50,769 Votes from the same 359,365.
Other 50+ Political parties got their shares from the 359,365 Valid Votes.
THERE IS A LIMIT TO FRAUD.

Where did you get that?
Re: Why You Must Not Blame The North For Voting Buhari by zeuss: 3:29pm On Feb 28, 2019
donphiilopus:

Where did you get that?

Unbelievable Right?? That is what inec released as results for yobe state among other outlandish statistics

3 Likes

Re: Why You Must Not Blame The North For Voting Buhari by donphiilopus(m): 3:33pm On Feb 28, 2019
zeuss:

Unbelievable Right?? That is what inec released as results for yobe state among other outlandish statistics

Why the lies?

Prof. Abubakar Gunduri, the state Collation officer, announced the result after collation from the 17 Local Government
areas in the state on Monday in Damaturu.

He said that the state had 1,365,913 registered voters, out of which, 601,059 were accredited for the election.

Gunduri added that a total of 586,137 votes were cast, out of which, APC scored 497,914 votes, while PDP scored 50,763 votes.

According to the collation officer, the exercise recorded a total of 559,365 valid votes and 26,772 invalid votes.

https://www.google.com/amp/dailypost.ng/2019/02/25/buhari-vs-atiku-yobe-state-presidential-results-emerge/amp/

Are you suffering from arithmetical diarrhoea?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Must Not Blame The North For Voting Buhari by BigIyanga: 3:38pm On Feb 28, 2019
donphiilopus:

PDP had less vote in 2015 in Anambra and Enugu than in 2019 while Borno and Yobe had more votes in 2019 than in 2015 when in fact, these two states are less inhabitable and secure now
Re: Why You Must Not Blame The North For Voting Buhari by donphiilopus(m): 3:40pm On Feb 28, 2019
BigIyanga:

PDP had less voted in 2015 than 2019 while Borno and Yobe had more votes in 2019 than in 2015 when in fact, these two states are less inhabitable and secure now

Are you serious? 2015 that election had to be postponed because of insecurity in the Northeast? Those places are more secured now than before reason they were able to come out en masse and vote.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Must Not Blame The North For Voting Buhari by ImDStar: 4:44pm On Feb 28, 2019
donphiilopus:

Are you serious? 2015 that election had to be postponed because of insecurity in the Northeast? Those places are more secured now than before reason they were able to come out en masse and vote.

Do you believe the election was rigged in favour of APC or not?
Re: Why You Must Not Blame The North For Voting Buhari by ImDStar: 4:48pm On Feb 28, 2019
BigIyanga:

PDP had less vote in 2015 in Anambra and Enugu than in 2019 while Borno and Yobe had more votes in 2019 than in 2015 when in fact, these two states are less inhabitable and secure now

That's another good observation, if APC had low votes in 2015 when everyone wanted APC in then, now higher when majority want them out is funny.

To be sincere with ourselves, majority of Nigerians don't want Buhari back.
Re: Why You Must Not Blame The North For Voting Buhari by ImDStar: 4:52pm On Feb 28, 2019
SEGLIZ:
there is more to this than just saying anything to return with mine opinion.

I will be expecting your view.

Also believe me if you gather 100 people today and ask them who they wish wins the election, 80 would tell you Atiku, not because he's the best but majority is of the opinion that Buhari is weak and tired.
Re: Why You Must Not Blame The North For Voting Buhari by Paramount01(m): 5:03pm On Feb 28, 2019
zeuss:

As they also rigged Adamawa,Atiku's home town.

I stop thinking the election was rigged the moment I saw what Atiku push in his home state

2 Likes

Re: Why You Must Not Blame The North For Voting Buhari by nwanyionitsha: 5:55pm On Feb 28, 2019
ImDStar:
I was born and brought up in the north, so I can say I have lived 85% of my life in the north so far.

1. Majority of northerners believes there is nothing more to life than eat, sleep and have wives, while the southern counterpart believes there is more to life than

2. To the northerners, good government and development come last after tribe and religion while that is a complete opposite to what the southern counterpart believes.

Majority of them said to me and i quote " even if Buhari did nothing, we will still vote for him"
Majority of this people were shoe makers and road side tailors and little of the elite.

3. They don't have a say as to what direction to go than the one dictated to them by their elites.

I only pity some persons who thinks Tinubu controls the SW, pls don't let the media deceive you with that illusion, tinubu boundary ends in Lagos, and even in Lagos today you can see that without rigging, tinubu would have been relegated like saraki.

4. They are politically incline as to why they need to vote than the South but they are poor in good judgement.

I can tell you without mincing words that Atiku wins Lagos if not for rigging, asked yourself why enlightened Abuja voters voted against Buhari and struggling north voted for him.

Except we want to deceive ourselves, Buhari is more religious than Atiku just as the north believes no real Yoruba Muslim.

My brother, i congratulate you for this thread. You have said it all.
Re: Why You Must Not Blame The North For Voting Buhari by ImDStar: 7:17pm On Feb 28, 2019
[b][/b]
Paramount01:

As they also rigged Adamawa,Atiku's home town.

I stop thinking the election was rigged the moment I saw what Atiku push in his home state

Number 2&5 might be the reason why...
More so he thought the state would be a walk over for him.
Re: Why You Must Not Blame The North For Voting Buhari by KunleyY19(m): 7:55pm On Feb 28, 2019
Which Northern State Is Atiku meant to win that he lost
Re: Why You Must Not Blame The North For Voting Buhari by FriendNG: 8:18pm On Feb 28, 2019
KunleyY19:
Which Northern State Is Atiku meant to win that he lost

Zero. He even add 1 to his winning state. Because he is expected to lose Adamawa.
Re: Why You Must Not Blame The North For Voting Buhari by TooMuchStuff: 8:27pm On Feb 28, 2019
FriendNG:

Zero. He even add 1 to his winning state. Because he is expected to lose Adamawa.

When Nigeria go break into 5 countries, e go be like magic for hausafulanikanuris north.

We are getting there..... ..pretty soon
Re: Why You Must Not Blame The North For Voting Buhari by FriendNG: 8:30pm On Feb 28, 2019
TooMuchStuff:

When Nigeria go break into 5 countries, e go be like magic for hausafulanikanuris north.

We are getting there..... ..pretty soon

Election is over u er now making noise. Biafra or death. We will burn down the zoo.

Ntooor

Re: Why You Must Not Blame The North For Voting Buhari by Nafizzey(m): 8:45pm On Feb 28, 2019
ImDStar:

All these fallacies are not true brother. Accept defeat and move on. North resist Atiku because he's corrupt man without good records plus his campaign manifesto such as selling NNPC, granting amnesty to looters are what demarket him up North.
Re: Why You Must Not Blame The North For Voting Buhari by ImDStar: 4:12am On Mar 01, 2019
Nafizzey:
All these fallacies are not true brother. Accept defeat and move on. North resist Atiku because he's corrupt man without good records plus his campaign manifesto such as selling NNPC, granting amnesty to looters are what demarket him up North.

Funny enough, these are the two things even as ordinary Nigerian I plan doing if given that power for 7days...
The selling of nnpc and granting looters amnesty are my plans should I become president of this nation, these have been inside of me even before Atiku emerged PDP candidate.

However, if you tell me the manager (Atiku) in charge will not show transparency in handling those two things above, I might not contest nor argue that, but we can't rule out the fact that it's a best move.

But the person in charge matters too

2 Likes

Re: Why You Must Not Blame The North For Voting Buhari by livelymatilda22: 4:43am On Mar 01, 2019
ImDStar:
[s] I was born and brought up in the north, so I can say I have lived 85% of my life in the north so far.

These are my little observations [/s] .
See wailing zombie .... You are really hurt

Re: Why You Must Not Blame The North For Voting Buhari by ImDStar: 10:50am On Mar 01, 2019
livelymatilda22:

See wailing zombie .... You are really hurt

You Are Right.

Are you pleased now?
Re: Why You Must Not Blame The North For Voting Buhari by ImDStar: 3:06am On Mar 02, 2019
Some people sha.

Someone decided to open a thread on why alms are not given to the beggars again.

What a world.
Re: Why You Must Not Blame The North For Voting Buhari by clevervikson(m): 6:01am On Mar 02, 2019
The highest vote Atiku got is still from the North- Kaduna
Re: Why You Must Not Blame The North For Voting Buhari by Jombom: 7:06am On Mar 02, 2019
Was this what your father told you ?
Many foolish Igbos need to be beating to death for narrative such as this I swear.
ImDStar:

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Top Prophets Who Predicted Atiku Victory But Failed / Opinion: How Just PDP Knew About The Election Server / 10 Things Nigerians Would Learn After Buhari's Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.