Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,470 members, 7,781,367 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:15 PM

Southeast Group Congratulates Buhari, Ask APC To Zone Senate Presidency To Igbol - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Southeast Group Congratulates Buhari, Ask APC To Zone Senate Presidency To Igbol (1389 Views)

Okorocha, South-East Aspirants write Buhari, Ask Him To Pick A SE Aspirant / Pray For Pope Francis - President Buhari Ask Nigerians / Nigerian Lady In Tears As She Congratulates Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Southeast Group Congratulates Buhari, Ask APC To Zone Senate Presidency To Igbol by Infinixhot6: 1:52pm On Feb 28, 2019
Press Statement

Southeast Group Congratulates Buhari, Ask APC To Zone Senate Presidency to Igboland

A leading socio-political group known as South East Youths and Elders Forum has congratulated the President-elect, President Muhammadu Buhari on his victory at the polls last weekend.

In a statement released to newsmen by the group's Director of Media and Publicity, Mazi Edwin Ikechukwu in Enugu, the group said President Muhammadu Buhari deserve the victory considering the massive infrastructural developments witnessed by the zone in the past three and half years of his presidency.

In similar vein, the group also congratulated the ruling All Progressives Congress for maintaining a clear lead among senators who will make up the 9th National Assembly.

However, the group urge the party to zone the post of the Senate President to Southeast geo-political zone since the President and his vice came from the north and south west regions.

The group also noted that since the party maintained it's early zoning arrangements which zoned the presidency to the north, the vice presidency to the south west and senate presidency to the Southeast before the party could not produce any senator from the region in 2015 Presidential and National Assembly elections, the party should therefore make a categorical statement reaffirming it's commitment to the zoning of the senate presidency to the Southeast region since the party now has two APC Senators from the zone.

The statement further condemned the harassment of Igbos living in Lagos State, saying political leaders from the state should come out openly to condemn the undemocratic acts of domestic terrorism against the Igbos.

Signed:

Mazi Edwin Ikechukwu,
Director of Media and Publicity,
Southeast Youths and Elders Forum

For Further enquiry, contact us at southeastyouthsandeldersforum@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Southeast Group Congratulates Buhari, Ask APC To Zone Senate Presidency To Igbol by kayfra: 1:53pm On Feb 28, 2019
Zoners club ni. You reap what you sow.

3 Likes

Re: Southeast Group Congratulates Buhari, Ask APC To Zone Senate Presidency To Igbol by Nyamuriflathead: 1:55pm On Feb 28, 2019
What manner of fuckery is this?

May heavy ballistic missiles from the grave of Osama bin laden fire the mouth of these ppl

6 Likes

Re: Southeast Group Congratulates Buhari, Ask APC To Zone Senate Presidency To Igbol by ayomilore: 1:58pm On Feb 28, 2019
They have started o.
When they are telling them to align with the centre they are shouting Atiku up and down now that the centre is strong they are clamouring for their own share.

1 Like

Re: Southeast Group Congratulates Buhari, Ask APC To Zone Senate Presidency To Igbol by bender79: 1:59pm On Feb 28, 2019
After giving him 6 votes per unit. I'm sure baba is looking at you like bat.
Re: Southeast Group Congratulates Buhari, Ask APC To Zone Senate Presidency To Igbol by Afamed: 2:07pm On Feb 28, 2019
I comment my reserve. Lol
Re: Southeast Group Congratulates Buhari, Ask APC To Zone Senate Presidency To Igbol by Nyamuriflathead: 2:09pm On Feb 28, 2019
ayomilore:
They have started o.
When they are telling them to align with the centre they are shouting Atiku up and down now that the centre is strong they are clamouring for their own share.

Don't mind the idiots. I saw some of emm clamouring for orji uzor kalu and rochas okorocha to become SP's even as first timers and I couldn't help but let a good laugh. This pipo still won't learn.

Yeye pipo... They want SP with their 10% votes after Atikulating obediently. May thunder from ahmadu Bello grave strike all those who gathered to reach this resolution

6 Likes

Re: Southeast Group Congratulates Buhari, Ask APC To Zone Senate Presidency To Igbol by Mynd44: 2:18pm On Feb 28, 2019
It will be cool to see the sebate president come from the SE but is there any second term APC senator from the SE?

3 Likes

Re: Southeast Group Congratulates Buhari, Ask APC To Zone Senate Presidency To Igbol by livelymatilda22: 2:19pm On Feb 28, 2019
Igbos need to calm down and play real politics in Nigeria...
Re: Southeast Group Congratulates Buhari, Ask APC To Zone Senate Presidency To Igbol by Jorussia(m): 2:32pm On Feb 28, 2019
Igbo will get speaker not Senate President.There is no ranking APC senatorial from the south east.There is one APC rank rep from Abia,she may probably be given the speaker of rep position.
Re: Southeast Group Congratulates Buhari, Ask APC To Zone Senate Presidency To Igbol by KenOne: 2:34pm On Feb 28, 2019
livelymatilda22:
Igbos need to calm down and play real politics in Nigeria...

Ego will not allow them. They feel and believe they're the perfect region that does not make a mistake in political calculations.

See their words Igbo's does not need the support of Nigeria to survive, we are industrious and made ourselves what we are.

Ego remains their problem they'll not come out and say okay in 2019 election we miscalculated, going forward we'll not put our eggs in one basket.

7 Likes

Re: Southeast Group Congratulates Buhari, Ask APC To Zone Senate Presidency To Igbol by KunleyY19(m): 2:53pm On Feb 28, 2019
South South is Better... 100%

5 Likes

Re: Southeast Group Congratulates Buhari, Ask APC To Zone Senate Presidency To Igbol by Spiritualism: 5:03pm On Feb 28, 2019
I think this is a good call by Igbos
Re: Southeast Group Congratulates Buhari, Ask APC To Zone Senate Presidency To Igbol by Quality20(m): 5:22pm On Feb 28, 2019
d senators are better placed who they want as Senate president. APC shd leave them alone biko
Re: Southeast Group Congratulates Buhari, Ask APC To Zone Senate Presidency To Igbol by Afamed: 5:36pm On Feb 28, 2019
Quality20:
d senators are better placed who they want as Senate president. APC shd leave them alone biko
So that you can bring in your moles again as Senate President?

3 Likes

Re: Southeast Group Congratulates Buhari, Ask APC To Zone Senate Presidency To Igbol by ticon4life(m): 6:31pm On Feb 28, 2019
Grave mistake like SARAKI Never again in APC either at SENATE or HOUSE of Rep.
Re: Southeast Group Congratulates Buhari, Ask APC To Zone Senate Presidency To Igbol by Wiseandtrue(f): 6:43pm On Feb 28, 2019
APC and propaganda grin cheesy grin grin cheesy grin grin

They are not even hiding their bigotries undecided

Just change it to APC council of youth and elders!!!

Nothing has changed!!! Igbos don't like Buhari and nothing has changed!!!

Not even his stolen mandate that he is seriously
Re: Southeast Group Congratulates Buhari, Ask APC To Zone Senate Presidency To Igbol by Wiseandtrue(f): 6:46pm On Feb 28, 2019

Not even his stolen mandate that he is seriously trying to use the media to cover up can change the reality on ground!!!

1 million Nigerian army dancing like a Python cannot change that fact!!!

Mtcheeeeeeew nuisance!!!
Re: Southeast Group Congratulates Buhari, Ask APC To Zone Senate Presidency To Igbol by Reader530(m): 7:34pm On Feb 28, 2019
Wiseandtrue:

Not even his stolen mandate that he is seriously trying to use the media to cover up can change the reality on ground!!!

1 million Nigerian army dancing like a Python cannot change that fact!!!

Mtcheeeeeeew nuisance!!!
Good

1 Like

Re: Southeast Group Congratulates Buhari, Ask APC To Zone Senate Presidency To Igbol by Squillionaire: 9:43pm On Feb 28, 2019
Jorussia:
Igbo will get speaker not Senate President.There is no ranking APC senatorial from the south east.There is one APC rank rep from Abia,she may probably be given the speaker of rep position.

True! I feel the same way too. Though I'm not from the SE, I believe Nkiru Onyejiocha will make a good speaker or Deputy. I have followed her keenly over the years.
Re: Southeast Group Congratulates Buhari, Ask APC To Zone Senate Presidency To Igbol by Jorussia(m): 9:54pm On Feb 28, 2019
Squillionaire:

True! I feel the same way too. Though I'm not from the SE, I believe Nkiru Onyejiocha will make a good speaker or Deputy. I have followed her keenly over the years.
I am not from the east,but i want APC to give her that position.APC needs to spread it's tentacles to the south East/South South through strategic zoning and appointments.The second term of PMB must avoid ethnic and religious opposition at all cost.

1 Like

Re: Southeast Group Congratulates Buhari, Ask APC To Zone Senate Presidency To Igbol by Squillionaire: 10:19pm On Feb 28, 2019
Jorussia:
I am not from the east,but i want APC to give her that position.APC needs to spread it's tentacles to the south East/South South through strategic zoning and appointments.The second term of PMB must avoid ethnic and religious opposition at all cost.

I agree with you. They certainly need to form a broader government that accommodates everyone, if they truly want to become a national party.
Re: Southeast Group Congratulates Buhari, Ask APC To Zone Senate Presidency To Igbol by zlantanfan: 10:24pm On Feb 28, 2019
Jorussia:
The rep woman nkiruka is a PDP woman don't be deceived.

She only aligned herself with orji kalu to retain her constituency

(1) (Reply)

Supreme court stands down Judgement on Imo Governorship Election / Photos From Sen Uche Ekwunife’s COVID-19 Out Reach (day 3) / Fellow Nigerian Bundled Out Of His Apartment In China Today To Quarantine Him.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.