Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,609 members, 7,781,948 topics. Date: Saturday, 30 March 2024 at 06:10 AM

A Nairalander Shares Overnight Camping At Lufasi Park Lekki - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Nairalander Shares Overnight Camping At Lufasi Park Lekki (37209 Views)

Out And About In Limerick City, Ireland - Nairalander Shares Experience. Photos / Inside Lufasi Nature Park, Lekki-Epe Expressway (Photos) / A Nairalander Shares Overnight Beach Camping Experience At Enukunmi Eleko Beach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nairalander Shares Overnight Camping At Lufasi Park Lekki by tourismlove: 4:09pm On Feb 28, 2019
Once again I teamed up with my good friend Koyejo Sofoluwe(@KINGFISHEREcHo) and a group of tourists for an overnight camping experience at Lufasi Park. We had our last overnight camping experience at Enukunmi Eleko Beach, you can read more about it here https://www.nairaland.com/4943290/nairalander-shares-overnight-beach-camping

This time around it was Lufasi Park. A brief history; Lufasi stands Lekki Urban Forest and Animal Sanctuary Initiative. Lufasi was founded on the 4th January 2013, by Mr. Desmond Majekodunmi as a non-governmental, not-for-profit organization established to actively participate in the protection and preservation of natural habitats in urban areas as well as to play an active role in the realization of sustainable development programs in Nigeria.

LUFASI has pristine Forest Reserve and Nature Park that sits on 20hectres along the Lekki-Epe Expressway with a nature-themed leisure play-park and animal sanctuary.

Enough of history, now to our camping experience; the team set out for Lufasi from Alagomeji at 3:50pm. The journey was an exciting one; everyone got to introduce themselves and talk about what they do. The journey was smooth and gridlock free.

We got to Lufasi Park within an hour. We started off with a quick tour of the park. We saw the horses, donkeys, tortoise, African civet and wide variety of birds, monkeys and fresh lush vegetation. Honestly we saw a lot of animals but I cannot remember them all. After the tour, we proceeded further into the forest in picking a camp site.

On selecting a camp site, it was now time to set up tents, drop our bags, set up the camp fire and prepare dinner.

After all was said and done, it was time to get down to the business of the day. We played a lot of games, danced, sang, karaoke, ate and networked. Our facilitator also gave us a talk on the importance of spending time in the forest. Here are some of the things He said; camping in the forests helps
- Lower stress levels
- Lower blood pressure
- Increased immunity to sickness
- Increased inner peace and happiness

We all finally slept around 4am but were all up by 8am for a forest walk and forest bathing (shinrin-yoku). Forest bathing simply means taking in the forest atmosphere. After our forest bathing, we returned to our camp site to have our breakfast, played some more games, had a talk on the preservation of the ecotourism and finally decamped at 12noon.

Learning Points
- Forest camping is a fun activity and should be greatly encouraged.
- Other parks in Nigeria should also encourage overnight camping by tourists.
- Stop illicit bush burning.
- Nigeria needs to utilize her forest resources more.

I leave you with these quotes of Albert Einstein “Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better”.

Let our pictures do the remaining talking.

Credits: TourguideRotimi
Source: http://www.tourguidenigeria.com/2019/02/our-overnight-camping-at-lufasi-park.html

16 Likes 6 Shares

Re: A Nairalander Shares Overnight Camping At Lufasi Park Lekki by tourismlove: 4:09pm On Feb 28, 2019
more pictures

YOU CAN JOIN US ON OUR NEXT TRIP BY FOLLOWING THIS LINK http://toursnigeria.com/tour-package/

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander Shares Overnight Camping At Lufasi Park Lekki by mrjaydee(m): 4:35pm On Feb 28, 2019
Sounds like fun

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Nairalander Shares Overnight Camping At Lufasi Park Lekki by drasob: 4:39pm On Feb 28, 2019
OP, please inform me when you are planning another Tour. I would love to be a part of it

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander Shares Overnight Camping At Lufasi Park Lekki by tourismlove: 4:56pm On Feb 28, 2019
mrjaydee:
Sounds like fun

It was a lot of fun I must say wink

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Shares Overnight Camping At Lufasi Park Lekki by tourismlove: 5:29pm On Feb 28, 2019
drasob:
OP, please inform me when you are planning another Tour. I would love to be a part of it

I definitely will. We are planning a day trip for friends, families and loved ones for Easter Monday. Here is the link to join http://toursnigeria.com/tour-package/

7 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Shares Overnight Camping At Lufasi Park Lekki by Richdad50(m): 5:58pm On Feb 28, 2019
Life is not in the amount of breath we breathe, but in the moments that take our breath away. Savour your good memories and relish on the laughs you had. Afteral, we live only but once.

#Richdad

58 Likes 6 Shares

Re: A Nairalander Shares Overnight Camping At Lufasi Park Lekki by lastempero: 5:58pm On Feb 28, 2019
Girls plenty pass boys,how dem manage angry

6 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Shares Overnight Camping At Lufasi Park Lekki by calddon(m): 5:59pm On Feb 28, 2019
Nice, hope no snakes'?

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Shares Overnight Camping At Lufasi Park Lekki by paymentvoucher: 5:59pm On Feb 28, 2019
grin
Re: A Nairalander Shares Overnight Camping At Lufasi Park Lekki by TotoNaRubber: 5:59pm On Feb 28, 2019
if dem come kidnap you there Lagos state govt wont come to your rescue.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Shares Overnight Camping At Lufasi Park Lekki by Maxmavis(m): 6:00pm On Feb 28, 2019
How can I join next time?

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Shares Overnight Camping At Lufasi Park Lekki by dreamwords: 6:00pm On Feb 28, 2019
My village is better

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Shares Overnight Camping At Lufasi Park Lekki by BecaciaBarbie(f): 6:00pm On Feb 28, 2019
tourismlove:
Once again I teamed up with my good friend Koyejo Sofoluwe(@KINGFISHEREcHo) and a group of tourists for an overnight camping experience at Lufasi Park. We had our last overnight camping experience at Enukunmi Eleko Beach, you can read more about it here https://www.nairaland.com/4943290/nairalander-shares-overnight-beach-camping

This time around it was Lufasi Park. A brief history; Lufasi stands Lekki Urban Forest and Animal Sanctuary Initiative. Lufasi was founded on the 4th January 2013, by Mr. Desmond Majekodunmi as a non-governmental, not-for-profit organization established to actively participate in the protection and preservation of natural habitats in urban areas as well as to play an active role in the realization of sustainable development programs in Nigeria.

LUFASI has pristine Forest Reserve and Nature Park that sits on 20hectres along the Lekki-Epe Expressway with a nature-themed leisure play-park and animal sanctuary.

Enough of history, now to our camping experience; the team set out for Lufasi from Alagomeji at 3:50pm. The journey was an exciting one; everyone got to introduce themselves and talk about what they do. The journey was smooth and gridlock free.

We got to Lufasi Park within an hour. We started off with a quick tour of the park. We saw the horses, donkeys, tortoise, African civet and wide variety of birds, monkeys and fresh lush vegetation. Honestly we saw a lot of animals but I cannot remember them all. After the tour, we proceeded further into the forest in picking a camp site.

On selecting a camp site, it was now time to set up tents, drop our bags, set up the camp fire and prepare dinner.

After all was said and done, it was time to get down to the business of the day. We played a lot of games, danced, sang, karaoke, ate and networked. Our facilitator also gave us a talk on the importance of spending time in the forest. Here are some of the things He said; camping in the forests helps
- Lower stress levels
- Lower blood pressure
- Increased immunity to sickness
- Increased inner peace and happiness

We all finally slept around 4am but were all up by 8am for a forest walk and forest bathing (shinrin-yoku). Forest bathing simply means taking in the forest atmosphere. After our forest bathing, we returned to our camp site to have our breakfast, played some more games, had a talk on the preservation of the ecotourism and finally decamped at 12noon.

Learning Points
- Forest camping is a fun activity and should be greatly encouraged.
- Other parks in Nigeria should also encourage overnight camping by tourists.
- Stop illicit bush burning.
- Nigeria needs to utilize her forest resources more.

I leave you with these quotes of Albert Einstein “Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better”.

Let our pictures do the remaining talking.

Credits: TourguideRotimi
Source: http://www.tourguidenigeria.com/2019/02/our-overnight-camping-at-lufasi-park.html

Op, please inform me of the next one...i'd love to be a part of it please...or just add me up.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Shares Overnight Camping At Lufasi Park Lekki by mhisbliss(f): 6:00pm On Feb 28, 2019
You should blog about this, since its what you do and love doing.

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Shares Overnight Camping At Lufasi Park Lekki by Ziel20: 6:00pm On Feb 28, 2019
Looks lime they had fun. Nice photos too

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Nairalander Shares Overnight Camping At Lufasi Park Lekki by abiaumo(m): 6:00pm On Feb 28, 2019
Beautiful

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Shares Overnight Camping At Lufasi Park Lekki by Nobody: 6:01pm On Feb 28, 2019
lol. make i sleep outside kwa
Re: A Nairalander Shares Overnight Camping At Lufasi Park Lekki by BLUEJAYY: 6:01pm On Feb 28, 2019
Cool.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander Shares Overnight Camping At Lufasi Park Lekki by happney65: 6:01pm On Feb 28, 2019
Shey una fuckkkk for there abi una no fucccck?Na wetin me wan know be that

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: A Nairalander Shares Overnight Camping At Lufasi Park Lekki by Afflalo(m): 6:02pm On Feb 28, 2019
Having Fun Is Good

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Shares Overnight Camping At Lufasi Park Lekki by cr7lomo: 6:03pm On Feb 28, 2019
Is that not lekki conservative centre??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander Shares Overnight Camping At Lufasi Park Lekki by Nobody: 6:03pm On Feb 28, 2019
Tourism cool

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Shares Overnight Camping At Lufasi Park Lekki by sexymoma(f): 6:04pm On Feb 28, 2019
happney65:
grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander Shares Overnight Camping At Lufasi Park Lekki by hacmond(m): 6:05pm On Feb 28, 2019
I like this.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Shares Overnight Camping At Lufasi Park Lekki by Sabadon(m): 6:06pm On Feb 28, 2019
wow nice, never knew we hv such places in nigeria

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Shares Overnight Camping At Lufasi Park Lekki by nanakgh(m): 6:06pm On Feb 28, 2019
Wow so many joints I could smoke my lil weed and commune with nature at the same time. No phones, laptops or emails..just you, your weed and the spirits. I'd definitely love to join u guys next time

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander Shares Overnight Camping At Lufasi Park Lekki by maklelemakukula(m): 6:06pm On Feb 28, 2019
happney65:
grin grin grin you think say na Friday the 13th abi

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Shares Overnight Camping At Lufasi Park Lekki by Fixitgood(m): 6:07pm On Feb 28, 2019
People need distractions like this to get by in life. Given the current clime in Nigeria this is welcomed.

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Shares Overnight Camping At Lufasi Park Lekki by ticoticotico: 6:07pm On Feb 28, 2019
In the expense of us trying to live Oyinbo life we look ridiculously stupid

Certain things are not just meant for we Africans

15 Likes 6 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Come Nigerian Roads Don’t Have Lane Markings? / Philippine Military Hercules C-130 Crashes. 45 Dead, Rescue Operations Ongoing / Ugly Experience With Australian Embassy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.