Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,212 members, 7,780,385 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:25 PM

Seyi Tinubu: Bola Tinubu Positions Son To Be Governor In 2023 - Sahara Reporters - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seyi Tinubu: Bola Tinubu Positions Son To Be Governor In 2023 - Sahara Reporters (59408 Views)

Emi lokan: "It is my turn to be Governor of Ondo State" - Olusola Oke / Tinubu Stomach Infrastructure 2023, Sahara Reporters / If Buhari Can Be President, My Son-in-law Should Be Governor – Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seyi Tinubu: Bola Tinubu Positions Son To Be Governor In 2023 - Sahara Reporters by goslowgoslow(m): 4:08pm On Mar 01, 2019
Fuckdamod:

Oga free me na.. if i join my brothers in attacking u and ur lord tinubu, u won't let me be, now i told them to leave u guys alone to follow tinubu and yet u won't let me be. Wetin sef??
Lol
Just go back to your land bros, I beg u! grin
Re: Seyi Tinubu: Bola Tinubu Positions Son To Be Governor In 2023 - Sahara Reporters by lexy2014: 4:40pm On Mar 01, 2019
raumdeuter:

Neither Tinubu nor Bush imposed anyone. They only got their friends to support their candidates. Their friends who have influence in the party

People still went to vote

So George bush (snr) got his friends 2 use their influence to tell other candidates to step down 4 George bush (jnr)& jeb bush at Republican conventions at d state& national levels
Re: Seyi Tinubu: Bola Tinubu Positions Son To Be Governor In 2023 - Sahara Reporters by raumdeuter: 4:48pm On Mar 01, 2019
lexy2014:

So George bush (snr) got his friends 2 use their influence to tell other candidates to step down 4 George bush (jnr)& jeb bush at Republican conventions at d state& national levels

And who has Tinubu told to step down for his son?

Ambode did not even Step down he contested against SanwoOlu and lost

Yes Dan Quayle who was the Bush fathers Vice President was influenced to step down and Support Bush junior in the primaries which he did
Re: Seyi Tinubu: Bola Tinubu Positions Son To Be Governor In 2023 - Sahara Reporters by Chukwurah003: 4:49pm On Mar 01, 2019
Hedonisst:

Tinubu singlehandedly turned LAGOS into a mini-Nigeria? ? ? Do you have high blood pressure inside your brain?

Stop walking upside-down
Re: Seyi Tinubu: Bola Tinubu Positions Son To Be Governor In 2023 - Sahara Reporters by sonofElElyon: 5:31pm On Mar 01, 2019
They have no such powers. Their relatives won based on merit and genuine and voluntary acceptance. You seem to have forgotten that Hillary had already proved her mettle as a very successful secretary of state under Obama. She lost the presidential ticket to obama by the way which goes to show that bill clinton lacked the power to determine the outcome of the primaries and general elections. Bush Jr had also already proved himself as governor earlier.. Not like tinubu's son who has never held any sensitive office whether public or private

raumdeuter:

Bush was also supported based on directive from his biological father to his friends in the Republican party

Just like Bill Clinton used his powers in the Democratic party to ensure that his wife got the Democratic ticket for presidency
Re: Seyi Tinubu: Bola Tinubu Positions Son To Be Governor In 2023 - Sahara Reporters by lexy2014: 5:50pm On Mar 01, 2019
raumdeuter:

And who has Tinubu told to step down for his son?

Ambode did not even Step down he contested against SanwoOlu and lost

Yes Dan Quayle who was the Bush fathers Vice President was influenced to step down and Support Bush junior in the primaries which he did

I haven't said Tinubu has told anybody to step down 4 his son. If his wife can run for 3 terms unopposed, do u think his son if eventually he becomes won't have d same privilege?

D fact that Quayle withdrew from d presidential race, does that mean he was "influenced to step down"? Did u get that from his memoirs?
Re: Seyi Tinubu: Bola Tinubu Positions Son To Be Governor In 2023 - Sahara Reporters by buhariguy(m): 6:00pm On Mar 01, 2019
Johnnyessence:
O to ge ni ipinle eko. Tinubu must be retire from active politics.
are you still alive? hmm,
i thought you have committed suicide,
that means you must die next week.

1 Like

Re: Seyi Tinubu: Bola Tinubu Positions Son To Be Governor In 2023 - Sahara Reporters by Honor10: 6:00pm On Mar 01, 2019
lexy2014:

Agbaje can't do much. He might b well known but he can't muster enough votes to push APC out. There's a guy that defected from PDP cos agbaje still has ambition, Gbadamosi. D guy is sound with very practical & pragmatic ideas & plans. This is a guy that can change d face of Lagos but just like every other thing in Nigeria, many still prefer to keep recycling d old guard. Like someone said, we deserve d leaders we have. Its d unfortunate reality

sharp indeed, it seems y didn't watch their debate, sanwo-olu beats him hand down
Re: Seyi Tinubu: Bola Tinubu Positions Son To Be Governor In 2023 - Sahara Reporters by lexy2014: 6:04pm On Mar 01, 2019
Honor10:

sharp indeed, it seems y didn't watch their debate, sanwo-olu beats him hand down

U mean sanwo-olu beat agbaje or gbadamosi?
Re: Seyi Tinubu: Bola Tinubu Positions Son To Be Governor In 2023 - Sahara Reporters by raumdeuter: 6:11pm On Mar 01, 2019
sonofElElyon:
They have no such powers. Their relatives won based on merit and genuine and voluntary acceptance. You seem to have forgotten that Hillary had already proved her mettle as a very successful secretary of state under Obama. She lost the presidential ticket to obama by the way which goes to show that bill clinton lacked the power to determine the outcome of the primaries and general elections. Bush Jr had also already proved himself as governor earlier.. Not like tinubu's son who has never held any sensitive office whether public or private

How did George Bush become Governor to start with? was it not because of his fathers influence? All his presidential advisers from Cheeney to James Baker to Sununu to Quayle were all his fathers associate who were told to work for George W

Go nd research properly, The 2016 DNC ticket was rigged for Hillary, The Party chairman confirmed it
Below is Democratic Senator Elizabeth Warren confirming the same thing

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41850798
Re: Seyi Tinubu: Bola Tinubu Positions Son To Be Governor In 2023 - Sahara Reporters by raumdeuter: 6:13pm On Mar 01, 2019
lexy2014:

I haven't said Tinubu has told anybody to step down 4 his son. If his wife can run for 3 terms unopposed, do u think his son if eventually he becomes won't have d same privilege?

D fact that Quayle withdrew from d presidential race, does that mean he was "influenced to step down"? Did u get that from his memoirs?

What do you mean that Tinubus wife contested unopposed for Senate? She has always had an opponent and beaten all her opponents

So where did you get your tale of unopposed from

Quayle withdrew from the race and supported his former Boss son. He didnt withdraw and go home, or withdraw and support someone else
Re: Seyi Tinubu: Bola Tinubu Positions Son To Be Governor In 2023 - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 6:18pm On Mar 01, 2019
Ibos and their wahala. They are all over Yorubas thread advising, abusing, cursing Yorubas for taking or not taking a course of action that is completely in our interest. They are against anything good happening in Yorubaland and Nigeria as a whole. They hate development of Lagos, OGUN, Ekiti, Osun, Too, yet they abandoned their south east and relocated to these Yoruba States to invest, do business and buy properties, same place they call all sorts of terrible, derogatory names. They are all over the internet cursing, abusing other tribes and unleashing endless banters, insults and frustrations on the them and the entity Nigeria.

Their hatred knows no bounds. They would never go to develop their land with their so called millions which they made in Other people's land. They will instead of showing appreciation to their host communities for absorbing them and giving them a platform to do business, they will turn themselves into a Lord and keep advising their host communities on how to play politics. Ibos should instead go to their states and demand performance, development from their governors so that at the end of the day, they will have a place to return to.
Re: Seyi Tinubu: Bola Tinubu Positions Son To Be Governor In 2023 - Sahara Reporters by NofiuFade(m): 6:28pm On Mar 01, 2019
Nigerians!!! Dull lagosian una have a long way to goo grin can u imagine some useless fools celebraty saraki defeat with otoge What about tinubu Lagosians there's a fire on the mountain, grin no talk say dem no tell you oO #PlsNoBeMe #TalkAmOooo
Re: Seyi Tinubu: Bola Tinubu Positions Son To Be Governor In 2023 - Sahara Reporters by lexy2014: 6:30pm On Mar 01, 2019
raumdeuter:

What do you mean that Tinubus wife contested unopposed for Senate? She has always had an opponent and beaten all her opponents

So where did you get your tale of unopposed from

Quayle withdrew from the race and supported his former Boss son. He didnt withdraw and go home, or withdraw and support someone else

Who contested against femi tinubu? I didn't say Quayle withdrew & went home. In ur last post, u said Quayle was influenced by George Bush(snr). And I asked u "grin fact that Quayle withdrew from d presidential race, does that mean he was "influenced to step down"?
Re: Seyi Tinubu: Bola Tinubu Positions Son To Be Governor In 2023 - Sahara Reporters by Johnnyessence(m): 6:43pm On Mar 01, 2019
buhariguy:
are you still alive? hmm,
i thought you have committed suicide,
that means you must die next week.
I don't think you are a Christian here. you are devil incanate. Tufiakwa. get out of my mention jare. who born you?
Re: Seyi Tinubu: Bola Tinubu Positions Son To Be Governor In 2023 - Sahara Reporters by raumdeuter: 6:50pm On Mar 01, 2019
lexy2014:

Who contested against femi tinubu? I didn't say Quayle withdrew & went home. In ur last post, u said Quayle was influenced by George Bush(snr). And I asked u "grin fact that Quayle withdrew from d presidential race, does that mean he was "influenced to step down"?

In the election held last Saurday

Remi Tinubu of the APC polled 131,735. She defeated Onitiri David of the PDP who scored 89,107 votes.

If Quayle withdrew and he supported his former boss son, what does that mean? Why did he not support someone else
Re: Seyi Tinubu: Bola Tinubu Positions Son To Be Governor In 2023 - Sahara Reporters by lexy2014: 7:06pm On Mar 01, 2019
raumdeuter:

In the election held last Saurday

Remi Tinubu of the APC polled 131,735. She defeated Onitiri David of the PDP who scored 89,107 votes.

If Quayle withdrew and he supported his former boss son, what does that mean? Why did he not support someone else

Dude we are talking intraparty primaries that produce party candidates. Don't tell me u missed that. Who contested against remi Tinubu at d party level?

4d fact that Quayle withdrew & supported d jnr Bush, does that mean he was influenced by Snr Bush's friends to do so?
Re: Seyi Tinubu: Bola Tinubu Positions Son To Be Governor In 2023 - Sahara Reporters by raumdeuter: 7:10pm On Mar 01, 2019
lexy2014:

Dude we are talking intraparty primaries that produce party candidates. Don't tell me u missed that. Who contested against remi Tinubu at d party level?

4d fact that Quayle withdrew & supported d jnr Bush, does that mean he was influenced by Snr Bush's friends to do so?

Sen. Oluremi Tinubu on Monday picked the All Progressives Congress (APC) ticket for the Lagos Central Senatorial District at the party’s primary election.
Mr Kehinde Akinola, the Chairman of the Electoral Committee, who declared the winner, said that a total of 2,428 votes were cast during the election, out of which 2,379 were valid. Akinola said that Tinubu had 2,354 votes while her opponent, Mr Odutola Adetokunbo, had 25 votes. He said that there were 49 invalid votes.
Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/remi-tinubu-picks-apc-ticket-lagos-central-senatorial-district/

Why else will Mr Quayle withdraw and support his boss son and not others
Re: Seyi Tinubu: Bola Tinubu Positions Son To Be Governor In 2023 - Sahara Reporters by lexy2014: 7:28pm On Mar 01, 2019
raumdeuter:

Sen. Oluremi Tinubu on Monday picked the All Progressives Congress (APC) ticket for the Lagos Central Senatorial District at the party’s primary election.
Mr Kehinde Akinola, the Chairman of the Electoral Committee, who declared the winner, said that a total of 2,428 votes were cast during the election, out of which 2,379 were valid. Akinola said that Tinubu had 2,354 votes while her opponent, Mr Odutola Adetokunbo, had 25 votes. He said that there were 49 invalid votes.
Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/remi-tinubu-picks-apc-ticket-lagos-central-senatorial-district/

Why else will Mr Quayle withdraw and support his boss son and not others

That's 2014. What about 2011& 2019?

I don't no y else he chose to withdraw to support bush jnr. Am not privy 2 that information. I also haven't seen anywhere Quayle said he withdrew from d race to support bush jnr cos his fathers friends influenced him 2do so.
Re: Seyi Tinubu: Bola Tinubu Positions Son To Be Governor In 2023 - Sahara Reporters by raumdeuter: 7:34pm On Mar 01, 2019
lexy2014:
That's 2014. What about 2011& 2019?

I don't no y else he chose to withdraw to support bush jnr. Am not privy 2 that information. I also haven't seen anywhere Quayle said he withdrew from d race to support bush jnr cos his fathers friends influenced him 2do so.
Its simple deduction to see that Bush father influence made Quayle support Bush jnr, Same way you deduced that Bola Tinubu influence made Remi to win the ticket for Senate or did you see anywhere that Bola asked anyone to avoid defeating his wife in election?

So 2014 it was no longer Tinubu?

Or who wrote the below?

lexy2014:

Now we have found that she didnt run the general election unopposed and at least once she didnt win the ticket for the primary unopposed like you stated above
Re: Seyi Tinubu: Bola Tinubu Positions Son To Be Governor In 2023 - Sahara Reporters by Fuckdamod: 7:35pm On Mar 01, 2019
goslowgoslow:

Lol
Just go back to your land bros, I beg u! grin
I no go, come pursue me!
You wan reap properties wey u no sow into. Ole
Re: Seyi Tinubu: Bola Tinubu Positions Son To Be Governor In 2023 - Sahara Reporters by sonofElElyon: 7:42pm On Mar 01, 2019
Bush Jr didnt just win based on influence. Influence is everywhere in life. But he was capable and had run Texas successfully as Governor. HE WAS CAPABLE and the delegates of the Democratic party knew this which was why they voted for him. Can you in all honesty say that tinubu's son has proven that he qualifies to be governor? Conspiracy theories about Clinton's victory at the primaries are just that... Theories. Rigging means falsification of election results.. People whose candidate(s) lost merely saying it does not prove anything. Where's the evidence. Even if I agree with you that it was rigged for Hillary, it simply proves my assertion that delegates have their own minds in USA and cannot be "directed" to vote for a candidate

raumdeuter:

How did George Bush become Governor to start with? was it not because of his fathers influence? All his presidential advisers from Cheeney to James Baker to Sununu to Quayle were all his fathers associate who were told to work for George W

Go nd research properly, The 2016 DNC ticket was rigged for Hillary, The Party chairman confirmed it
Below is Democratic Senator Elizabeth Warren confirming the same thing

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41850798
Re: Seyi Tinubu: Bola Tinubu Positions Son To Be Governor In 2023 - Sahara Reporters by lexy2014: 7:58pm On Mar 01, 2019
raumdeuter:

Its simple deduction to see that Bush father influence made Quayle support Bush jnr, Same way you deduced that Bola Tinubu influence made Remi to win the ticket for Senate or did you see anywhere that Bola asked anyone to avoid defeating his wife in election?

So 2014 it was no longer Tinubu?

Or who wrote the below?

Now we have found that she didnt run the general election unopposed and at least once she didnt win the ticket for the primary unopposed like you stated above

When u mentioned that remi Tinubu won PDP in d last election, what was my response? I believe it was that response that prompted u to provide a link that showed that she won a primary in 2014. So am not sure about ur statement "Now we have found that she didnt run the general election unopposed".

My position that she ran unopposed 3ice at her party level was opposed by u. U said she always contested against opponents but u have just one primary she did. That means she didn't do 2 primaries.

Ur "simple deduction" isnt a deduction but merely a guess work. If Quayle withdrew, it could have been for any reason. It could have been his personal decision. So it doesn't necessarily mean he was "influenced" by George Bush (snr) friends.

raumdeuter:

Same way you deduced that Bola Tinubu influence made Remi to win the ticket for Senate or did you see anywhere that Bola asked anyone to avoid defeating his wife in election?

Let me ask, did George bush or jeb bush ever run unopposed? Is there anywhere Tinubu asked anyone to avoid defeating his wife? That's a completely new dimension u have brought into d discussion. Did tinubu actually do that?
Re: Seyi Tinubu: Bola Tinubu Positions Son To Be Governor In 2023 - Sahara Reporters by goslowgoslow(m): 8:01pm On Mar 01, 2019
Fuckdamod:

I no go, come pursue me!
You wan reap properties wey u no sow into. Ole
Lol wetin you get?? What properties do you have after all the complain about poverty in the land? Bros you no get anything. grin grin grin You are even speaking Yoruba.....make me sef speak Ibo....Biko go back to your land. grin grin
Re: Seyi Tinubu: Bola Tinubu Positions Son To Be Governor In 2023 - Sahara Reporters by raumdeuter: 9:25pm On Mar 01, 2019
sonofElElyon:
Bush Jr didnt just win based on influence. Influence is everywhere in life. But he was capable and had run Texas successfully as Governor. HE WAS CAPABLE and the delegates of the Democratic party knew this which was why they voted for him. Can you in all honesty say that tinubu's son has proven that he qualifies to be governor? Conspiracy theories about Clinton's victory at the primaries are just that... Theories. Rigging means falsification of election results.. People whose candidate(s) lost merely saying it does not prove anything. Where's the evidence. Even if I agree with you that it was rigged for Hillary, it simply proves my assertion that delegates have their own minds in USA and cannot be "directed" to vote for a candidate

How did he become governor of Texas? Was it not because his father was President and was from Texas? What were his personal achievements that made him qualified for Texas Governor in the first place

BTW Bush were not from Democratic party
Re: Seyi Tinubu: Bola Tinubu Positions Son To Be Governor In 2023 - Sahara Reporters by sonofElElyon: 9:32pm On Mar 01, 2019
Sorry Republican (GOP). A typo error. Anyway, goodnight...

raumdeuter:

How did he become governor of Texas? Was it not because his father was President and was from Texas? What were his personal achievements that made him qualified for Texas Governor in the first place

BTW Bush were not from Democratic party
Re: Seyi Tinubu: Bola Tinubu Positions Son To Be Governor In 2023 - Sahara Reporters by raumdeuter: 9:34pm On Mar 01, 2019
lexy2014:
When u mentioned that remi Tinubu won PDP in d last election, what was my response? I believe it was that response that prompted u to provide a link that showed that she won a primary in 2014. So am not sure about ur statement "Now we have found that she didnt run the general election unopposed".

My position that she ran unopposed 3ice at her party level was opposed by u. U said she always contested against opponents but u have just one primary she did. That means she didn't do 2 primaries.

Ur "simple deduction" isnt a deduction but merely a guess work. If Quayle withdrew, it could have been for any reason. It could have been his personal decision. So it doesn't necessarily mean he was "influenced" by George Bush (snr) friends.

Let me ask, did George bush or jeb bush ever run unopposed? Is there anywhere Tinubu asked anyone to avoid defeating his wife? That's a completely new dimension u have brought into d discussion. Did tinubu actually do that?

In 2011 all ACN Senate candidates in Lagos ran unopposed not just Tinubu

So it was mere coincidence that Quayle stepped down for his boss son and you think the boss didnt have an input

So if Sanwo-Olu stepped down for Tinubus son, You will also say its not because of Tinubu
Re: Seyi Tinubu: Bola Tinubu Positions Son To Be Governor In 2023 - Sahara Reporters by Mouthgag: 3:30am On Mar 02, 2019
vicdom:
grin
I trust my afonja brothers, they will surely rally round him and make him the Governor since their Lord has spoken. It's a done deal already �
I trust my frustrated OSU ALUSI bLodas, any candidate they support against him will surely be defeated tongue
Re: Seyi Tinubu: Bola Tinubu Positions Son To Be Governor In 2023 - Sahara Reporters by lexy2014: 7:59am On Mar 02, 2019
raumdeuter:

In 2011 all ACN Senate candidates in Lagos ran unopposed not just Tinubu

So it was mere coincidence that Quayle stepped down for his boss son and you think the boss didnt have an input

So if Sanwo-Olu stepped down for Tinubus son, You will also say its not because of Tinubu

As at 2011, ACN was d biggest& most successful party in Lagos state. How possible is that only 3 people in ACN wanted 2b senators?

I didn't tell u it was a coincidence. I told u that u are only assuming as to what prompted Quayles decision to withdraw from d race. Like I told u earlier, there could b a number of reasons y Quayle decided to step down but did not include influence from George bush (snr) friends. Infact, it will interest u to no that Quayle actually had d backing of George bush snr.

raumdeuter:

Are u sure u got ur last sentence or question right? Looking at d sanwo-olu case, what led 2 his emergence as candidate 4 APC?
Re: Seyi Tinubu: Bola Tinubu Positions Son To Be Governor In 2023 - Sahara Reporters by lexy2014: 9:26am On Mar 02, 2019
KunleyY19:

You expect LASU students paying 25k shout O To Gee like KWASU students paying 110k

You expect GL12 worker earning 106k shout O To Gee like that of Kwara earning 56,871.32

Truth be told most civil servants are afraid of voting Agbaje because of his poor knowledge of public service they knew what they faced under BRF who refused to pay their Arrears and Leave Allowance at once...Not until A Public Service Guru in Ambode came....

The people that will champion O TO Gee in Lagos are already under APC...
Apart from the 5 LGA PDP won in Presidential I don't see them winning another one...

coupled with the threat and meetings with the Ibo's...

Were is d civil service guru today?
Re: Seyi Tinubu: Bola Tinubu Positions Son To Be Governor In 2023 - Sahara Reporters by lexy2014: 9:36am On Mar 02, 2019
greenskittles:

I think the only reasons Lagosians are tolerating him is because compared to the rest of Nigeria, we’re seeing reasonable development. Of course everyone knows there’s a lot of criminality going on. It’s easy to say that without Tinubu, maybe we’d have doing been doing far better. But do we honestly trust any of the other political parties running for office? I wish it didn’t have to be so but that’s the honest truth. Nobody would want to jump out of the frying pan to fire. I personally believe that in time, when Nigeria actually starts working properly then all these ‘godfathers’ will be demystified eventually. That is, when they can no longer use poverty as a tool to sway the masses.

What about babatunde gbadamosi of ADP? Is he not trustworthy? Is tinubu& his proteges as trustworthy as he is? Is it about trust or d fact Nigerians including lagosians have very low expectations from their political leaders& elected representative?

According to u:

"I personally believe that in time, when Nigeria actually starts working properly..."

When will that time b? When will Nigeria start start working again? Now that they are using poverty as a tool of control, y are d people not resisting?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

About Aso Rock Presidential Villa History And Pictures / Polls: Presidency Backing Atiku — Wike / Alex Badeh's Assassination: Airforce Releases Statement On Death Of Ex Chief

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.