Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,886 members, 7,806,554 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:14 PM

Ndume Opens Up On Why APC Got High Number Of Votes In North-east - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ndume Opens Up On Why APC Got High Number Of Votes In North-east (24608 Views)

In Lagos, Obi Got 900k Votes, APC Got 160k Votes – Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (Video) / Sorting Of Votes Begins At PDP Convention (Live Updates) / Ekiti Election: Why APC Is Winning In My Polling Unit – PDP Agent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ndume Opens Up On Why APC Got High Number Of Votes In North-east by JosEast(m): 10:39pm On Feb 28, 2019
Sen. Ali Ndume, (APC-Borno South) says the relative peace in the North East contributed to the high number of votes President Muhammadu Buhari got in the area in Saturday’s presidential election.

Ndume, stated this on Thursday at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, while speaking with State House Correspondents shortly after a visit to Vice President Yemi Osinbajo.

He said, however, that he had a higher expectation than what the party got in the North East.

The North East Director of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Presidential Campaign Council said the postponement of the election negatively affected the turnout of voters in the area.

“First of all, let me say that in 2015, we delivered close to half a million votes for the president in Borno; giving him up 95 per cent.

“I was thinking that we were going to improve on that; I was looking at 97 per cent and this time around, we had 836, 496; it is okay; but I was expecting much more than that to be frank.

“The postponement actually contributed in the reduction in turnout; so I was surprised when the PDP presidential candidate was talking about Borno.

“Last time, in Borno, we gave the president half a million; this time around we gave over 800; because we have more relative peace; in 2015, most of us were scattered all over the country, even outside as Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs).

“This time around I was able to go and vote in my Local Government Area (LGA); I slept in my area; the last time, in 2015, we held our election in IDP camps and turn out that number of vote; this time around we went home to vote with our people and turn out the number,’’he said.

Ndume expressed optimism that the turnout of voters would be higher in the governorship election in Borno as APC would win with a landslide.

The former Senate leader said APC already has 64 APC Senators and is still hoping for more, adding that the party would not repeat its previous mistake in the Senate.

“When you make a mistake, you use that mistake to improve the future; we are going to have a very good 9th assembly by God’s grace.

“This time, the party will play its role; we have learnt from the mistake we made last time; we are not going to repeat that mistake,’’ he said.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/ndume-opens-up-on-why-apc-got-high-number-of-votes-in-north-east.html

12 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ndume Opens Up On Why APC Got High Number Of Votes In North-east by Nobody: 11:16pm On Feb 28, 2019
okay..

check my signature

1 Like

Re: Ndume Opens Up On Why APC Got High Number Of Votes In North-east by sexiestharam(f): 11:16pm On Feb 28, 2019
l

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ndume Opens Up On Why APC Got High Number Of Votes In North-east by dapsoneh: 11:16pm On Feb 28, 2019
f
Re: Ndume Opens Up On Why APC Got High Number Of Votes In North-east by Buharifanatic: 11:16pm On Feb 28, 2019
we know that peace has been restored to the north east, atiku talking about the numbers, is sickening, he expects people to be dying and was banking on that, sick desperate ode, after the election, they killed a few Christians in kaduna, nothing anybody can tell me, its people in pdp that are behind these killings, they saw that their devilish plan worked, so they stopped killing since they were going to win, immediately election ends, it resumes, whoever is behind it in Pdp is wasting lives and money, he wouldn't achieve anything, 4+4 has been fulfilled

oyedepo, dwarf scammer, all your plans to unseat buhari failed, you turned your members to hate on buhari, preached hate in your churches, God will keep disgracing you, its only time that it will take, arrogant toad, i dey my house, send angels to come and kill me, powerless rat

God has left you since, you can only fool blind people

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ndume Opens Up On Why APC Got High Number Of Votes In North-east by TheBoy1740: 11:18pm On Feb 28, 2019
Hmm
Re: Ndume Opens Up On Why APC Got High Number Of Votes In North-east by dante0147: 11:18pm On Feb 28, 2019
Lol apc riggers

4 Likes

Re: Ndume Opens Up On Why APC Got High Number Of Votes In North-east by GoldenJAT(m): 11:19pm On Feb 28, 2019
Freedom of speech!
Re: Ndume Opens Up On Why APC Got High Number Of Votes In North-east by dahmie2013: 11:21pm On Feb 28, 2019
I respect dis man. He his very mature & humble. I was surprised @ his actn after saraki took his positn.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ndume Opens Up On Why APC Got High Number Of Votes In North-east by oyichi: 11:23pm On Feb 28, 2019
atiku should not involve apc in his suit, he should take the state inec collation officials individually to the tribunal and then ask d tribunal to compell yakubu to produce d total number of accredited voters in each state as it appeared in there data base

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndume Opens Up On Why APC Got High Number Of Votes In North-east by emmanuelex1(m): 11:23pm On Feb 28, 2019
I wonder how people are so confident telling lies to over 150 million people
JosEast:
Sen. Ali Ndume, (APC-Borno South) says the relative peace in the North East contributed to the high number of votes President Muhammadu Buhari got in the area in Saturday’s presidential election.

Ndume, stated this on Thursday at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, while speaking with State House Correspondents shortly after a visit to Vice President Yemi Osinbajo.

He said, however, that he had a higher expectation than what the party got in the North East.

The North East Director of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Presidential Campaign Council said the postponement of the election negatively affected the turnout of voters in the area.

“First of all, let me say that in 2015, we delivered close to half a million votes for the president in Borno; giving him up 95 per cent.

“I was thinking that we were going to improve on that; I was looking at 97 per cent and this time around, we had 836, 496; it is okay; but I was expecting much more than that to be frank.

“The postponement actually contributed in the reduction in turnout; so I was surprised when the PDP presidential candidate was talking about Borno.

“Last time, in Borno, we gave the president half a million; this time around we gave over 800; because we have more relative peace; in 2015, most of us were scattered all over the country, even outside as Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs).

“This time around I was able to go and vote in my Local Government Area (LGA); I slept in my area; the last time, in 2015, we held our election in IDP camps and turn out that number of vote; this time around we went home to vote with our people and turn out the number,’’he said.

Ndume expressed optimism that the turnout of voters would be higher in the governorship election in Borno as APC would win with a landslide.

The former Senate leader said APC already has 64 APC Senators and is still hoping for more, adding that the party would not repeat its previous mistake in the Senate.

“When you make a mistake, you use that mistake to improve the future; we are going to have a very good 9th assembly by God’s grace.

“This time, the party will play its role; we have learnt from the mistake we made last time; we are not going to repeat that mistake,’’ he said.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/ndume-opens-up-on-why-apc-got-high-number-of-votes-in-north-east.html

13 Likes

Re: Ndume Opens Up On Why APC Got High Number Of Votes In North-east by BluntBoy(m): 11:25pm On Feb 28, 2019
sexiestharam:
Peace even when Boko has not stopped operating. Peace when Boko boys stopped a whole Governor of Yobe from voting. Na una sabi. When wahala happen, no more pray for Borno, pray for Yobe. Make una carry your cross like that. Not our business anymore.

I bet you didn't read the part where he mentioned relative peace

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndume Opens Up On Why APC Got High Number Of Votes In North-east by crunchyg: 11:25pm On Feb 28, 2019
Vacancy- Hawkers needed in Lagos for the sale of Well packaged sweet popcorn- Salary #30,000. Contact me on whatsapp 070,6162,4402
Re: Ndume Opens Up On Why APC Got High Number Of Votes In North-east by sojayy(m): 11:26pm On Feb 28, 2019
Ndume, did u actually mean there's relative peace in d north east?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ndume Opens Up On Why APC Got High Number Of Votes In North-east by sexiestharam(f): 11:27pm On Feb 28, 2019
BluntBoy:

I bet you didn't read the part where he mentioned relative peace

What is the meaning of relative peace? Peace is either absolute or absent!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndume Opens Up On Why APC Got High Number Of Votes In North-east by saraki2019(m): 11:27pm On Feb 28, 2019
Pdp should go to hell

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndume Opens Up On Why APC Got High Number Of Votes In North-east by BluntBoy(m): 11:28pm On Feb 28, 2019
sexiestharam:

You are wrong. Absolute peace is an illusion.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndume Opens Up On Why APC Got High Number Of Votes In North-east by tegrianonigltd(m): 11:29pm On Feb 28, 2019
Buharifanatic:
we know that peace has been restored to the north east, atiku talking about the numbers, is sickening, he expects people to be dying and was banking on that, sick desperate ode, after the election, they killed a few Christians in kaduna, nothing anybody can tell me, its people in pdp that are behind these killings, they saw that their devilish plan worked, so they stopped killing since they were going to win, immediately election ends, it resumes, whoever is behind it in Pdp is wasting lives and money, he wouldn't achieve anything, 4+4 has been fulfilled

oyedepo, dwarf scammer, all your plans to unseat buhari failed, you turned you members to hate on buhari, preached hate in your churches, God will keep disgracing you, its only time that it will take, arrogant toad, i dey my house, send angels to come and kill me, powerless rat

God has left you since, you can only fool blind people

A whole
Governor was stopped from voting by Boko Haram and you say peace. Say another one, rigged

4 Likes

Re: Ndume Opens Up On Why APC Got High Number Of Votes In North-east by Crysallis(m): 11:29pm On Feb 28, 2019
Did anyone ask him to open up? He speaks as if to cover up smtin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndume Opens Up On Why APC Got High Number Of Votes In North-east by punisha: 11:30pm On Feb 28, 2019
Ali Ndume is mad but he has no one to tell him...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndume Opens Up On Why APC Got High Number Of Votes In North-east by Xisnin(m): 11:35pm On Feb 28, 2019
The security blockade in the Northeast make fraudulent massive thumbprinting possible.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndume Opens Up On Why APC Got High Number Of Votes In North-east by oxygenlove(m): 11:40pm On Feb 28, 2019
paiz:
where are all the people Boko Haram has been killing in Bornu State

I think Boko Haram needs to step up their hustle
i pray some of your relatives should travel there this year

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndume Opens Up On Why APC Got High Number Of Votes In North-east by paiz: 11:47pm On Feb 28, 2019
oxygenlove:
i pray some of your relatives should travel there this year

They will only to pay their last respect to you
Re: Ndume Opens Up On Why APC Got High Number Of Votes In North-east by deepwater(f): 11:49pm On Feb 28, 2019
Lol
Re: Ndume Opens Up On Why APC Got High Number Of Votes In North-east by goslowgoslow(m): 12:13am On Mar 01, 2019
sexiestharam:
Peace even when Boko has not stopped operating. Peace when Boko boys stopped a whole Governor of Yobe from voting. Na una sabi. When wahala happen, no more pray for Borno, pray for Yobe. Make una carry your cross like that. Not our business anymore.
Was it ever your business? U be military woman? Mind you there is no where in the world where terrorisim can stop it can only be reduced.

1 Like

Re: Ndume Opens Up On Why APC Got High Number Of Votes In North-east by goslowgoslow(m): 12:16am On Mar 01, 2019
sexiestharam:

There is nothing like absolute peace.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Electoral Amendment: Saraki, Dogara Lock Horns Over Plot To Override Buhari.. / I’m The Only Legal Wife Of Ojukwu, Bianca Tells Court / Ganduje: PDP Is Only Interested In Edo Treasury

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.