Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,460 members, 7,781,321 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:28 PM

Analyst Explains Why APC Lost To PDP In Ondo State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Analyst Explains Why APC Lost To PDP In Ondo State (288 Views)

Abdullah Adamu: I Am Not Aware That APC Lost In Osun State / Charles Idahosa: APC Lost Bayelsa Due To Oshiomhole’s Recklessness / Why APC Lost Zamfara To PDP – Shehu Sani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Analyst Explains Why APC Lost To PDP In Ondo State by Sanromeo(m): 11:40am On Mar 01, 2019
One of Governor Akeredolu's major critics on Social media, Arakunrin Ajo explains why the APC lost the last Saturday's Presidential election in Ondo State ...................

He wrote :

For many years now, I have insisted I'm not a political analyst. What do I know other than write political commentaries here and there and call out those in government to sit tighter and deliver dividends of democracy?

But this last national elections held on 23rd of February, 2019, would make me a short term analyst. After all, we are the ones on the streets and have gathered enough information and intelligence about how APC, and in particular the white bearded gang leader in Alagbaka, lost the elections. While we continue to draw clubs and cudgels to hit Arakunrin Akeredolu on all sides for his failure to deliver Ondo State for President Buhari, we must also consider some factors that were responsible for the narrow defeat to the PDP presidential candidate and the other national assembly winners.

Firstly, and for those who wouldn't deny the obvious, the effect of the (in)actions of the APC National Chairman dealt a big blow on the chances of the ruling party in Ondo State. Many, and more, party members were angry and still angry about the choices of candidates and many of the decisions handed down to the party from Abuja. The highhandedness of Adams Oshiomole and other national party leaders aggrieved the leaders in Ondo State and were all waiting for the opportunity to strike back. And they got it!

More so, Pastor ‘Yele Omogunwa, the Senator representing Ondo South Senatorial District, was, and still is, regarded as a nonperforming senator who is disenchanted from the party loyalists from the South and had already struck them a deadly blow by removing Lucky Ayedatiwa, the Ondo representative on NDDC board. Ayedatiwa would have amassed more political resources and votes for the emergence of President Buhari and other APC candidates, especially from the Southern District.

Also, Senator ‘Tayo Alasoadura, representing Ondo Central Senatorial District, was no longer popular too. He's perceived to have failed his legislative duties in Abuja and also in his district and had done nothing in particular to redeem his image and that of his party, especially in Akure district, where a tsunami in Omolafe Adedayo(Expensive), the PDP House of Representatives candidate, was already knocking down all political trees. His Akure North people were battle ready to vote him out as seen from the results. You cannot decide to vote against Alasoadura, a supposed failed legislator, and still consider his presidential candidate!

We cannot also deny the fact that the Ibos, who are in all nooks and corners of Ondo State, and with huge population, have all decided to vote for their ‘son’, the vice presidential candidate of the PDP, Dr. Peter Obi and nothing would change their minds even as the wife of Ondo State governor could do little to convince her kin and kiths.

With the intelligence in town, especially in Akure where I live, most of the voters said they voted for the PDP because they have realized their mistake in the last gubernatorial election which saw Arakunrin Akeredolu defeat Eyitayo Jegede, the then PDP governorship candidate, with a landslide in Akure South. Some actually were ashamed of and regretted their last electoral decisions and voted for the PDP now because of their son, Eyitayo Jegede.

Many also voted for the PDP in Akure because the news was rife in town that Eyitayo Jegede, who lived almost all his life in Yola, the capital of Adamawa state, where Abubakar Atiku hails from, have been penciled down for a ministerial position, where he would have gathered enough resources, manpower and national prominence to prosecute his governorship ambition come 2020.

Should I continue?
Re: Analyst Explains Why APC Lost To PDP In Ondo State by Kwamecron(m): 11:53am On Mar 01, 2019
Av hear
Re: Analyst Explains Why APC Lost To PDP In Ondo State by Kwamecron(m): 11:58am On Mar 01, 2019
Kontinue

(1) (Reply)

See How The Election Was Rigged / Nigeria, Nigerians, Nigeria / Ibos Vs Yourbas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.