Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,711 members, 7,805,923 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:30 AM

Sacked 3 Weeks After Resumption. Lawyers Help! - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Sacked 3 Weeks After Resumption. Lawyers Help! (21288 Views)

Edirin Okoloko Sworn In As Judge In USA Weeks After His Appointment. Photos / "3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady / Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sacked 3 Weeks After Resumption. Lawyers Help! by applebee: 4:26pm On Mar 02, 2019
Dear Madam,
Why do you think the company would employ you?. There are too many i cannot's in your statement. You look like an employee that is complex with an 'it's not my job role' attitude. The modern employee is one who doesn't run away from challenges, instead learns on any job role given to her and only complain if she faces challenges in the role.
Who told u it's the company that must pay for your medicals?, in my previous job with a Bank, the company paid for my medicals, in my current job i paid for my medical. I didn't complain.
Who told you it's compulsory for the company to give you transport, they've offered you a car already. Is it their fault you don't know your way around town? Should the company take you on a tour around town or pay someone to take you around?
You complained about two guarantors for an 80k job. Are you sure you are ready to work?. Even if it's 5k job you have to provide a guarantor expecially if it's a private sector job.
You're married, you've got kids we understand. It seems your family will always come first before work. You leave work before your boss cos you have kids. What rudeness!. You're really not ready to work.
In my current job, Any role they give me, i accept it and do my job quietly without complain. I do it even better than those i met there.
Don't you think all these complain up & down will explain why they sacked you, cos you're not ready to work. You're not ready to adapt to new roles. You just want your salary. If i was a sole proprietor and notice a new employee with your attitude, i don't think I'll like to keep you for long.
My advice is you drop that idea of going to court. You will loose. Work on your attitude to work. Or better learn a skill or trade that will allow you have time for your family.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sacked 3 Weeks After Resumption. Lawyers Help! by combatant2015: 4:39pm On Mar 02, 2019
Same attributes allocated to staffs in a company called xownsolutions limited. Located at 3rd floor, 19 toyin street,ikeja,lagos. Owned by one Segun that calls himself a christian but plays thin god. Lol.
Re: Sacked 3 Weeks After Resumption. Lawyers Help! by 3rdeyeNigeria: 5:15pm On Mar 02, 2019
OmoEpe:
Sorry to say but you sound like a troublesome person. A one man organisation has lots of challenges that might require making sacrifice especially in a country like Nigeria.

Insisting on enforcement of all your rights at everytime you feel cheated isn't a good way to grow with a startup company

True talk.

The OP is definitely troublesome

1 Like

Re: Sacked 3 Weeks After Resumption. Lawyers Help! by 3rdeyeNigeria: 5:18pm On Mar 02, 2019
LiveByNight:

OP

Pls beware of GNLD, and pyramid scheme marketers here

Run from any one that tells you if you invest X Naira you will get Y amount in Z period of time from XYZ company

Lol
Re: Sacked 3 Weeks After Resumption. Lawyers Help! by 3rdeyeNigeria: 5:25pm On Mar 02, 2019
applebee:
Dear Madam,
Why do you think the company would employ you?. There are too many i cannot's in your statement. You look like an employee that is complex with an 'it's not my job role' attitude. The modern employee is one who doesn't run away from challenges, instead learns on any job role given to her and only complain if she faces challenges in the role.
Who told u it's the company that must pay for your medicals?, in my previous job with Zenith Bank, the company paid for my medicals, in my current job with the federal government, i paid for my medical. I didn't complain.
Who told you it's compulsory for the company to give you transport, they've offered you a car already. Is it their fault you don't know your way around town? Should the company take you on a tour around town or pay someone to take you around?
You complained about two guarantors for an 80k job. Are you sure you are ready to work?. Even if it's 5k job you have to provide a guarantor expecially if it's a private sector job.
You're married, you've got kids we understand. It seems your family will always come first before work. You leave work before your boss cos you have kids. What rudeness!. You're really not ready to work.
In my current job, i was employed as a Statistician, I've worked more in other units in my parastatal than the statistics department. Any role they give me, i accept it and do my job quietly without complain. I do it even better than those i met there.
Don't you think all these complain up & down will explain why they sacked you, cos you're not ready to work. You're not ready to adapt to new roles. You just want your salary. If i was a sole proprietor and notice a new employee with your attitude, i don't think I'll like to keep you for long.
My advice is you drop that idea of going to court. You will loose. Work on your attitude to work. Or better learn a skill or trade that will allow you have time for your family.
100 Likes for you. You took words from my mouth.

3 Likes

Re: Sacked 3 Weeks After Resumption. Lawyers Help! by kingphilip(m): 5:45pm On Mar 02, 2019
Buffalowings3:

Keeping mute won't kill you if you have nothing sensible to say..
Yeye boy I'm sure you're part of the people that work from home claiming to be their own bosses..
the bold got me laughing

I don't really work from home as a matter of fact but I do work in a private enterprise where we see close to what she says happening but in that I have a small business I'm running by the side which is my side hustle though it doesn't give me much though

But I still think doing something small while looking for job will help a bit

What if she sells power if her area is metered by the power holding company of Nigeria. For every single transaction she makes a minimum of a hundred and fifty naira. This is the very angle I'm coming from and not any other

So what's your own advise to her?
Re: Sacked 3 Weeks After Resumption. Lawyers Help! by kingphilip(m): 6:03pm On Mar 02, 2019
jeff1607:

easy to say

where will capital come from?
it doesn't take much to start and it depends.

A survey of her environment will help her in identifying a need and that's the first major step in achieving financial breakthrough
Re: Sacked 3 Weeks After Resumption. Lawyers Help! by tropaz(m): 6:35pm On Mar 02, 2019
From your write-up alone, I can tell you the company’s name and that you are neither the first nor the last to be sacked.

Just move on with your life and believe in yourself.
I know it’s traumacating but move on.

Seun2019:
I joined this company in Lagos about 3 weeks ago. To be frank I did not apply to the company. I was directed there by the recruitment company that interviewed us in another company. In the first company, I applied as a Secretary. When I got to this second company, we were interviewed and I told them I had worked as a Secretary/Admin executive in my former company.

To cut the long story short, I was offered employment. In the offer letter, they wrote PA as my post. I called the HR before resumption that I can not do the work of PA as a married woman because I know what it entails. I was told not to bother that they used a template to prepare my letter.

In the offer letter, I was to be on probation period of 6 months and to give them 2 months notice of resignation or 2 months salary in lieu of notice.

I was to present a medical report of fitness. When I told them that it is the responsibility of the company to fund this, they insisted to go any government hospital and foot the bill myself and present it. I did that.

I was also told to present two guarantors who will go to court to swear to an oath. On N80,000 job o!

When I resume, I was told that my post is Admin officer and I will be in charge of general admin and logistics. The first time I went out on duty, I was told they don't pay transport money that I should take any car when I am going out. I told the MD I don't know most route in Lagos and besides my driving licence has expired. (Please note that I was interviewed as a Secretary to the MD). I explained that even if there is car, it is the work of driver to take me around and not me driving around. The MD insisted that they don't do that and as long as I am in the company, I will be using my money to go out, if I can not drive the company car.

It was stated in the offer letter that you resume 8 and close 6 and 9-2 on Saturday. However, I discovered when I joined them that you can not leave the office until the MD closes, even on saturdays. This is a man that will be coming to the office around 2 and may not close until 9/10pm. So, you dare not leave the office until he leaves. Whenever it is 7:30pm, I will pick my bag and go to him to bid him farewell. I learnt he complains each time I leave. I have three kids for goodness sake and I don't get home until 9/9.30pm.

One day, the MD told me I will have to be travelling once in a while but I told him I have children and husband, so I could not travel out of Lagos. I had told them this even during the interview.

Another problem with the company is the rate at which they sack people. The HR lady that sent me my letter was sacked a week after my resumption and I was told that is the usual occurence there. There is no week a worker is not sacked or left on his/her own. The MD was even boasting that he has sacked his daughter before, so no one is indispensable.

When I resumed, I attended to all the outstanding Admin work and whenever I report to the MD, he will be complaining that I am too lenient with "these people". He will be saying that is why he does not want to employ a woman. He wants me to be leing and be telling people come today, come tomorrow. When you bring the issue of drivers and logistics staff to him, it has always been war. He was just not nice to his workers.

Yesterday, I was sent an email that they have observed that company driver has been taking me to places for me to accomplish my task and that I could not cope with the nature of their job. Because of this, I should hand over the company property in my possession to one staff member.

I am yet to be paid, but I am sure they will pay me that. But, if I should give then 2 months salary in lieu, what is good for the geese should be good for the gander. Imagine resigning in one company only to be sacked 3 weeks after resumption. Imagine. I have the intention of taking him to the court or the industrial court. I want an honest advice or recommendation.

Thank you.
Re: Sacked 3 Weeks After Resumption. Lawyers Help! by Kehinderichard(m): 6:56pm On Mar 02, 2019
Tweet segalink on Twitter
Seun2019:
I joined this company in Lagos about 3 weeks ago. To be frank I did not apply to the company. I was directed there by the recruitment company that interviewed us in another company. In the first company, I applied as a Secretary. When I got to this second company, we were interviewed and I told them I had worked as a Secretary/Admin executive in my former company.

To cut the long story short, I was offered employment. In the offer letter, they wrote PA as my post. I called the HR before resumption that I can not do the work of PA as a married woman because I know what it entails. I was told not to bother that they used a template to prepare my letter.

In the offer letter, I was to be on probation period of 6 months and to give them 2 months notice of resignation or 2 months salary in lieu of notice.

I was to present a medical report of fitness. When I told them that it is the responsibility of the company to fund this, they insisted to go any government hospital and foot the bill myself and present it. I did that.

I was also told to present two guarantors who will go to court to swear to an oath. On N80,000 job o!

When I resume, I was told that my post is Admin officer and I will be in charge of general admin and logistics. The first time I went out on duty, I was told they don't pay transport money that I should take any car when I am going out. I told the MD I don't know most route in Lagos and besides my driving licence has expired. (Please note that I was interviewed as a Secretary to the MD). I explained that even if there is car, it is the work of driver to take me around and not me driving around. The MD insisted that they don't do that and as long as I am in the company, I will be using my money to go out, if I can not drive the company car.

It was stated in the offer letter that you resume 8 and close 6 and 9-2 on Saturday. However, I discovered when I joined them that you can not leave the office until the MD closes, even on saturdays. This is a man that will be coming to the office around 2 and may not close until 9/10pm. So, you dare not leave the office until he leaves. Whenever it is 7:30pm, I will pick my bag and go to him to bid him farewell. I learnt he complains each time I leave. I have three kids for goodness sake and I don't get home until 9/9.30pm.

One day, the MD told me I will have to be travelling once in a while but I told him I have children and husband, so I could not travel out of Lagos. I had told them this even during the interview.

Another problem with the company is the rate at which they sack people. The HR lady that sent me my letter was sacked a week after my resumption and I was told that is the usual occurence there. There is no week a worker is not sacked or left on his/her own. The MD was even boasting that he has sacked his daughter before, so no one is indispensable.

When I resumed, I attended to all the outstanding Admin work and whenever I report to the MD, he will be complaining that I am too lenient with "these people". He will be saying that is why he does not want to employ a woman. He wants me to be leing and be telling people come today, come tomorrow. When you bring the issue of drivers and logistics staff to him, it has always been war. He was just not nice to his workers.

Yesterday, I was sent an email that they have observed that company driver has been taking me to places for me to accomplish my task and that I could not cope with the nature of their job. Because of this, I should hand over the company property in my possession to one staff member.

I am yet to be paid, but I am sure they will pay me that. But, if I should give then 2 months salary in lieu, what is good for the geese should be good for the gander. Imagine resigning in one company only to be sacked 3 weeks after resumption. Imagine. I have the intention of taking him to the court or the industrial court. I want an honest advice or recommendation.

Thank you.
Re: Sacked 3 Weeks After Resumption. Lawyers Help! by Rozaytee: 7:08pm On Mar 02, 2019
OmoEpe:
Sorry to say but you sound like a troublesome person. A one man organisation has lots of challenges that might require making sacrifice especially in a country like Nigeria.

Insisting on enforcement of all your rights at everytime you feel cheated isn't a good way to grow with a startup company
u are talking trash
Re: Sacked 3 Weeks After Resumption. Lawyers Help! by mechanics(m): 8:18pm On Mar 02, 2019
He had to be reported to Ministry of labour, for the MD to be sacking people anyhow is wrong, he won't get the best from his workers and his company won't grow, you can go ahead with your plans because he won't pay you.
Re: Sacked 3 Weeks After Resumption. Lawyers Help! by AmazingELixir: 8:26pm On Mar 02, 2019
Westaslave2:
If u ar igbo let me be or u join d fight

The fight I'm willi g to join right now is winning your heart
Re: Sacked 3 Weeks After Resumption. Lawyers Help! by Ujahson85(m): 9:54pm On Mar 02, 2019
Please take the case up. If he thinks he's god they will direct him well with a good judge
Nigeria employers are the same just a few good ones
Re: Sacked 3 Weeks After Resumption. Lawyers Help! by Tychamps(m): 10:14pm On Mar 02, 2019
Seun2019:

Thank you.
What's the name of this company.
I want to Co firm something.
Re: Sacked 3 Weeks After Resumption. Lawyers Help! by Westaslave2(f): 12:07pm On Mar 03, 2019
AmazingELixir:

The fight I'm willi g to join right now is winning your heart
Hmmm winning my heart u said !
Re: Sacked 3 Weeks After Resumption. Lawyers Help! by AmazingELixir: 1:16pm On Mar 03, 2019
Westaslave2:
Hmmm winning my heart u said !

Nothing could be more purposeful than that...you've me tripping
Re: Sacked 3 Weeks After Resumption. Lawyers Help! by Seun2019: 1:38pm On Mar 03, 2019
applebee:
Dear Madam,
Who told u it's the company that must pay for your medicals?, in my previous job with Zenith Bank, the company paid for my medicals, in my current job with the federal government, i paid for my medical. I didn't complain.
In my current job, i was employed as a Statistician, I've worked more in other units in my parastatal than the statistics department. Any role they give me, i accept it and do my job quietly without complain. I do it even better than those i met there.

Modified
Re: Sacked 3 Weeks After Resumption. Lawyers Help! by Seun2019: 1:40pm On Mar 03, 2019
Re: Sacked 3 Weeks After Resumption. Lawyers Help! by Seun2019: 1:47pm On Mar 03, 2019
nwaimoroseyaho:
There are so many I cannots in your response to what you are told to do. Collect your one month salary and move on. I know it is painful coupled with the fact that you're married and you need money.

Expect these kinds of things in a one man business, some of them want to be worshiped.
Look for a business to do. The truth is that the kind of comfortable job you're looking for is only government job. only few private institution can give you that.

If you are looking for a comfortable job, you wont need to apply for job. The fact that you are looking for does not mean you trade your pride. Read my last comment up. There are so many things I refused to put here. No one single member of staff works with happiness. There is no commitment because they know they will be sacked tomorrow or next. That is not how a working environment should look...
Re: Sacked 3 Weeks After Resumption. Lawyers Help! by Jman06(m): 2:18pm On Mar 03, 2019
Nigerian business owners need to realize that businesses survive on rules that are fair enough to both the employer and the employees, not on bigotry and outright wickedness on your employees!

Watch that company collapse in the next 5yrs except the MD changes.
Re: Sacked 3 Weeks After Resumption. Lawyers Help! by jjogad(m): 5:27pm On Mar 03, 2019
All this points to a particular company I have heard of, though it may not be the same company but they sure look same based on your description. Baltic.......... angry embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can You Take A Job That Pays Less Than N50,000 As A BSc Holder? / Share Your Experience With Female Bosses. / 5 Solid Disadvantages Of Marrying An Accountant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.