Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,777 members, 7,806,146 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:06 PM

EFCC Arrests Man With 19 Wraps Of Raw Gold In Lagos (Photo) - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / EFCC Arrests Man With 19 Wraps Of Raw Gold In Lagos (Photo) (60627 Views)

Businessman Excretes 83 Wraps Of Cocaine At Abuja Airport (Photo) / Police Discover Many Wraps Of Cocaine Hidden Inside A Traveler’s Hair / UK Jails A Nigerian Who Swallowed 67 Wraps Of Cocaine From "Brazil to London" [P (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Arrests Man With 19 Wraps Of Raw Gold In Lagos (Photo) by bigtt76(f): 12:21pm On Mar 02, 2019
Nor bi when he sell e go pay royalty? cheesy

CastedGist:
GistMore.com

EFCC has arrested one Mannir Hamza Ahmed in Lagos for being in possession of 19 wraps of raw gold.

The suspect, who is being investigated for an alleged case of conspiracy, illegal mining and export of mineral resources, was arrested, yesterday, March 1, 2019 aboard an Emirates flight to Dubai, following intelligence report received by the Commission.

At the point of his arrest, the Commission found 19 wraps of gold in his luggage. The suspect neither presented any evidence of declaration of the items nor payment of royalties to the Federal Government.

See more here - http://gistmore.com/man-nabbed-with-19-wraps-of-raw-gold-photo
Re: EFCC Arrests Man With 19 Wraps Of Raw Gold In Lagos (Photo) by itsene: 12:23pm On Mar 02, 2019
slawomir:
Where did he got those raw golds From

Zamfara?
Re: EFCC Arrests Man With 19 Wraps Of Raw Gold In Lagos (Photo) by lapazi(m): 12:23pm On Mar 02, 2019
peteruuu:
EFCC should free this guy abeg...

You don’t know what you’re saying, these are guys sponsoring the illegal mining and unrest in Zamfara leading to the death of many people in that region.
Re: EFCC Arrests Man With 19 Wraps Of Raw Gold In Lagos (Photo) by UrVillagePpl: 12:31pm On Mar 02, 2019
who else counted it{ in case of mistake]
oga get 4 fones ooo..
koret guy,,, anyway na way

na hustle make una leave am abeg
Re: EFCC Arrests Man With 19 Wraps Of Raw Gold In Lagos (Photo) by TRAVEL101(m): 12:45pm On Mar 02, 2019
Re: EFCC Arrests Man With 19 Wraps Of Raw Gold In Lagos (Photo) by Jaqenhghar: 12:46pm On Mar 02, 2019
dhardline:
cry
Hahahah. So true
Re: EFCC Arrests Man With 19 Wraps Of Raw Gold In Lagos (Photo) by Jaqenhghar: 12:47pm On Mar 02, 2019
dante0147:
Efcc under magu would collect your properties
EFCC these days will arest you gor being rich. Its a crime to be successful
Re: EFCC Arrests Man With 19 Wraps Of Raw Gold In Lagos (Photo) by saintneo(m): 12:54pm On Mar 02, 2019
peteruuu:
EFCC should free this guy abeg...

Why? Niger Delta Oil is shared by the entire nation, yet Gold goes into private pockets.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Man With 19 Wraps Of Raw Gold In Lagos (Photo) by alphaNomega: 12:57pm On Mar 02, 2019
Let me put this out there that illegal mining is lucrative in the north. The reason a lot of attention is not drawn to it is because Crude oil has taken the spotlight.

You ídiots screaming EFCC should free the guy do not realise that this is an economic crime.
Re: EFCC Arrests Man With 19 Wraps Of Raw Gold In Lagos (Photo) by kindheartty: 1:01pm On Mar 02, 2019
He is wondering why he should be arrested
Re: EFCC Arrests Man With 19 Wraps Of Raw Gold In Lagos (Photo) by Nobody: 1:04pm On Mar 02, 2019
Slynation:

how is it the nation's mineral resources?? did anybody complained of missing Goldgrin
abeg make they free the hustler jooor

Well you can try the same thing. Looking forward to reading your story on Nairaland.
Re: EFCC Arrests Man With 19 Wraps Of Raw Gold In Lagos (Photo) by Nobody: 1:05pm On Mar 02, 2019
UrVillagePpl:
who else counted it{ in case of mistake]

oga get 4 fones ooo..

koret guy,,, anyway na way

na hustle make una leave am abeg

I counted it like three times. cheesy

Does that mean I have OCD? embarassed
Re: EFCC Arrests Man With 19 Wraps Of Raw Gold In Lagos (Photo) by arrestdarrester: 1:10pm On Mar 02, 2019
If he deals in it, he is supposed to declare it.

If he mined it, he is supposed to pay royalty tax.
Re: EFCC Arrests Man With 19 Wraps Of Raw Gold In Lagos (Photo) by gbishman: 1:22pm On Mar 02, 2019
Why can't the FG recruit this guy, legitimize his business and exploit his contacts. That's the right way to go. Here is genius right there.
Re: EFCC Arrests Man With 19 Wraps Of Raw Gold In Lagos (Photo) by Nobody: 1:24pm On Mar 02, 2019
Every time intelligence report, tip off, who are all this informats? don't they have anything better to do. That's why I hate loud people and never do business with them.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Man With 19 Wraps Of Raw Gold In Lagos (Photo) by BABANGBALI: 1:29pm On Mar 02, 2019
As far as I am concerned the guy didn't did anything
Re: EFCC Arrests Man With 19 Wraps Of Raw Gold In Lagos (Photo) by nextnear(m): 1:52pm On Mar 02, 2019
CastedGist:
GistMore.com

EFCC has arrested one Mannir Hamza Ahmed in Lagos for being in possession of 19 wraps of raw gold.

The suspect, who is being investigated for an alleged case of conspiracy, illegal mining and export of mineral resources, was arrested, yesterday, March 1, 2019 aboard an Emirates flight to Dubai, following intelligence report received by the Commission.

At the point of his arrest, the Commission found 19 wraps of gold in his luggage. The suspect neither presented any evidence of declaration of the items nor payment of royalties to the Federal Government.

See more here - http://gistmore.com/man-nabbed-with-19-wraps-of-raw-gold-photo
i found them in the bush in my home backyard and i was on my way to dubai to sell it to better buyers, simple!
when its not phone that has sim inside or bank account money that can be traced.
what is the meaning of his foolishness now.
and instead of the EFCC to arrest the informant join as possible accomplice, and that is if this is a crime self in the first place, i just shake my head for Nigerian government.
Re: EFCC Arrests Man With 19 Wraps Of Raw Gold In Lagos (Photo) by nextnear(m): 1:55pm On Mar 02, 2019
slawomir:
Where did he got those raw golds From
question for the gods. ask your ancestors.
Re: EFCC Arrests Man With 19 Wraps Of Raw Gold In Lagos (Photo) by nextnear(m): 1:59pm On Mar 02, 2019
rusher14:
I don't think the story is complete.
that was not the beginning self, even the EFCC informant self is a possible accomplice.
Re: EFCC Arrests Man With 19 Wraps Of Raw Gold In Lagos (Photo) by nextnear(m): 2:07pm On Mar 02, 2019
coolestchris:
could have been goten through scam
whatever, whichever way he got it from, this is Nigeria, the gold has no identity of ownership, so it all belong to him now, they should just allow the man to go jare, who has published a complaints or announced that they stole his or her gold. none!
e just pain me say the gold go enter government purse now and our so called law enforcers will still submit it to our so called leaders to sell them to the same Arabs in Dubai and send their own children to U.S and U.K for holidays or permanent stay away from the country wahala which they created themselves. can you see human idiosyncrasy and eccentricity.
Re: EFCC Arrests Man With 19 Wraps Of Raw Gold In Lagos (Photo) by nextnear(m): 2:11pm On Mar 02, 2019
5thElement:
He should have done due diligence before attempting to export the nation's mineral resources illegally.
which nation mineral resources, abegiii
so gold can exist naturally at ur backyard now and you will call it National property.
make dem free the man jare
Re: EFCC Arrests Man With 19 Wraps Of Raw Gold In Lagos (Photo) by IMASTEX: 2:18pm On Mar 02, 2019
dhardline:
cry
Very funny country it is in deed. The man should take me to the spot he found the gold. Let me see any EFCC or others that will interrupt me for taking what I found personally.
Re: EFCC Arrests Man With 19 Wraps Of Raw Gold In Lagos (Photo) by guvna(m): 3:05pm On Mar 02, 2019
obaival:
So one cannot be peacefully rich in this zoo

You sound like a typical dunce.
Re: EFCC Arrests Man With 19 Wraps Of Raw Gold In Lagos (Photo) by Nobody: 4:03pm On Mar 02, 2019
nextnear:
which nation mineral resources, abegiii
so gold can exist naturally at ur backyard now and you will call it National property.
make dem free the man jare

I can give you EFCC's address so you can go free him...how about that?
Re: EFCC Arrests Man With 19 Wraps Of Raw Gold In Lagos (Photo) by iceblock(m): 5:44pm On Mar 02, 2019
Compliant:
I am shock with the way some of us reason , something is illegal yet many are still taking side by saying EFCC should free him?

What a country

Don't be shock my friend,those comments are from ignorant small small boys that think they are intelligent or wise.They are always the first to rush and comment on something they know nothing about.
Re: EFCC Arrests Man With 19 Wraps Of Raw Gold In Lagos (Photo) by nextnear(m): 9:31pm On Mar 02, 2019
5thElement:

I can give you EFCC's address so you can go free him...how about that?
nobody is asking you for the address, if you are an elite. You should be learned enough to know anyone will know how to reach them if their attention is needed.
The EFCC you refer to self are worthless and useless, all they can do is intimidate their fellow Nigerians and oppositions to the federal government, what else are they useful for if not errand men by the federal government, and they are not God so stop acting like our Rights can't be respected anymore in our collectively owned Nation.
Am even sure the man must have told them everything they needed to know self just even if in case he is dumb enough to tell them he stole it, so why parading him like he is worse than our so called leaders. Abegi let them free him jare
Re: EFCC Arrests Man With 19 Wraps Of Raw Gold In Lagos (Photo) by UrVillagePpl: 9:34pm On Mar 02, 2019
cheesy grin
5thElement:

technically no grin
5thElement:

technically no
Re: EFCC Arrests Man With 19 Wraps Of Raw Gold In Lagos (Photo) by Nobody: 9:36pm On Mar 02, 2019
UrVillagePpl:
cheesy grin

technically no grin

technically no

Lol.
Re: EFCC Arrests Man With 19 Wraps Of Raw Gold In Lagos (Photo) by Nobody: 9:38pm On Mar 02, 2019
nextnear:
nobody is asking you for the address, if you are an elite. You should be learned enough to know anyone will know how to reach them if their attention is needed.
The EFCC you refer to self are worthless and useless, all they can do is intimidate their fellow Nigerians and oppositions to the federal government, what else are they useful for if not errand men by the federal government, and they are not God so stop acting like our Rights can't be respected anymore in our collectively owned Nation.
Am even sure the man must have told them everything they needed to know self just even if in case he is dumb enough to tell them he stole it, so why parading him like he is worse than our so called leaders. Abegi let them free him jare

@bolded really? cheesy
Re: EFCC Arrests Man With 19 Wraps Of Raw Gold In Lagos (Photo) by Slynation(m): 1:44pm On Mar 03, 2019
5thElement:

Well you can try the same thing. Looking forward to reading your story on Nairaland.
Alright bro.... watchout
Re: EFCC Arrests Man With 19 Wraps Of Raw Gold In Lagos (Photo) by mcteddy01: 1:58pm On Mar 03, 2019
which kind problem b dis again

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Time Is Up, Don't Want To Live - Lady Shares Photo Of Her Taking An Overdose / The Lady Zimbabwean Man Was Writing Exam For And Why He Did It / I Bought Human Head For N60,000 To Make My Life Better — Islamic Cleric Confesse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.