Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:37 AM

Difficulty In Hosting With Abimco - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Difficulty In Hosting With Abimco (2354 Views)

Difficulty In Posting To Blogger Blog / Having Difficulty Sharing Posts On Facebook From My Website / Resellers Pay After Service.,,, New Inovation In Hosting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Difficulty In Hosting With Abimco by kelechiodo(m): 10:43am On Apr 25, 2007
please guys, i am totally confused right now. i paid for web hosting to abmico.com but up till this moment, i have been unable to host the site. please can someone tell me the best way to host a site with abmico.com secondly, can someone vouch for their reliability and lastly is there a better hosting company in nigeria which hosting procedure is simple and is reliable.
Re: Difficulty In Hosting With Abimco by ikwin(f): 7:34pm On Apr 25, 2007
First I want u 2 know that Abimco is reliable, offer the cheapest hosting plan and has a record of being the fastest web hosting company in Nigeria !!! This u can check out in http://www.hostingspeeds.com/index.php?act=hcompanies&search=true&q=Nigeria&showid=2251&rp=2251

The only reason u will have problem hosting with Abimco is that u dont know the "how" of simple hosting. What the hosting company do 4 u is just setting up of ur hosting plan and then send ur details that enable u access 2 ur cpanel where u do ur upload urself. If the difficult is with the upload, ask somebody that is experience 2 help but if not tell me what steps u have taken with Abimco and I promise 2 help u out.
Re: Difficulty In Hosting With Abimco by niyyie(m): 10:47pm On Apr 25, 2007
Cheapest hosting plan? Not true. Fastest hosting in Nigeria? My friend, the page you pointed us to does not include a list of ALL the web hosting services in Nigeria. Fastest out of just two hosts? Funny.

Solid advice though. You should learn to drive a car before buying one. Better still, find someone to drive you. You can't ask the car dealer to drive you. It's not his/her responsibility.
Re: Difficulty In Hosting With Abimco by ikwin(f): 3:43pm On Apr 27, 2007
I said Abimco is the fastest in Nigeria and niyyie attacked me. What if I go ahead to say it is the fastest in Africa? It just dropped recently to no 3 in the continent. You can check it out in hostingspeeds.com or http://www.hostingspeeds.com/index.php?act=continent&continent=5. It is the companies that are sure of themselves that submit their web host companies for the world's rating. That is why you find few web host there.

About the price, you have to visit abimco.com to see things for yourself. If you are doing domain registration and hosting, the domain registration will be free and you only pay #2,500 per year.
Re: Difficulty In Hosting With Abimco by Afam(m): 5:57pm On Apr 27, 2007
Free domain name? Who owns the domain name?
Re: Difficulty In Hosting With Abimco by ikwin(f): 6:01pm On Apr 27, 2007
yes free domain name for those that want hosting and domain name registration. Of course the domain name is yours.
Re: Difficulty In Hosting With Abimco by Afam(m): 6:25pm On Apr 27, 2007
If I decide not to continue with the webhosting will I be allowed to go with the domain name?
Re: Difficulty In Hosting With Abimco by ijebu(m): 10:19pm On Apr 27, 2007
kelechiodo:

please guys, i am totally confused right now. i paid for web hosting to abmico.com but up till this moment, i have been unable to host the site. please can someone tell me the best way to host a site with abmico.com secondly, can someone vouch for their reliability and lastly is there a better hosting company in nigeria which hosting procedure is simple and is reliable.
kelechiodo can you send us your domain name, so that we can check what is wrong from your end. You have not send us any mail about your problem.
You can go through our c/panel tutorials: http://abimco.com/c_panel.htm our hosting procedure is simple, you just need to know how to use your c/panel.
Re: Difficulty In Hosting With Abimco by ijebu(m): 10:24pm On Apr 27, 2007
Afam:

If I decide not to continue with the webhosting will I be allowed to go with the domain name?
Afam unlike other provider, you have a direct access to your domain name management panel which is even separate from our web hosting c/panel. So you can move your domain to any other host if you are not satisfied with our services.

Niyyie, we are sure confidence with our services and the speed of our server that is why we included the testing code of hostingspeeds.com, let other web hosting firm in Nigeria that are sure of their server speed do the same. Hostingsppeds has a database of almost 2500 web host, and if we can be under 200 for over four months, then we deserve commendation grin
Re: Difficulty In Hosting With Abimco by rufaai(m): 2:31am On Apr 28, 2007
Check Out http://www.aimtechng.com

The cheapest web hosting provider in Nigeria, with 99.95% Uptime.
Server based in USA.

2 steps to get your site registered,

we'll also help you host your site if you don't know how to host
Re: Difficulty In Hosting With Abimco by abimco(m): 6:25pm On Apr 29, 2007
kelechiodo:

I am sorry to say we don't have a customer with this name and profile, but on investigation we found out that he made a complaint, but we could not respond to him because he was not the client who ordered for the account, but we sent necessary information to our client and his site has been up and running. The client was not familiar with c/panel environment. We send our online cpanel tutorial , http://abimco.com/c_panel.htm to all our clients in their welcome mails, but most are not always patient to go through it.
Re: Difficulty In Hosting With Abimco by kelechiodo(m): 5:17pm On Apr 30, 2007
Dear abimco, i have to confess that after the initial problem, I was able to host the trial version of the site. we will later upload the main site. thanks though for your response here. I still have about 4 website to be uploaded and I sincerely hope that I will enjoy working with the company.
Re: Difficulty In Hosting With Abimco by niyyie(m): 8:48pm On Apr 30, 2007
ikwin:

I said Abimco is the fastest in Nigeria and niyyie attacked me. What if I go ahead to say it is the fastest in Africa?[, ]

Let's not get petty here. My brother, I did not attack you. I only pointed out to you that the number of web hosts in Nigeria is far more than two. If you are the first amongst only two that chose to list on hostingspeeds.com, its nothing to brag about. Listing on any website is not compulsory.

All the best, wink
Re: Difficulty In Hosting With Abimco by abimco(m): 2:11pm On May 10, 2007
niyyie:

Let's not get petty here. My brother, I did not attack you. I only pointed out to you that the number of web hosts in Nigeria is far more than two. If you are the first amongst only two that chose to list on hostingspeeds.com, its nothing to brag about. Listing on any website is not compulsory.

All the best, wink

Niyyie, if others refused to be listed may be because they are not sure of what the result will be. My people says "if you are sure of your medicine, you can boast of it". We are at Abimco are sure of our services that is why were are listed so that Nigerians will be sure of what they are paying for. Now if we have only two web host firms listed from Nigeria, but we have 2466 hosts from 86 countries listed and we are currently 147 (has been under 200 for the last five months). Then we are not boasting about just been one of the fastest in Nigeria and Africa, but among the over 2000 listed hosts.
So we challenge you and others to get listed, let your clients know what they are paying for.
Re: Difficulty In Hosting With Abimco by Afam(m): 5:38pm On May 10, 2007
The bragging is totally unnecessary because a server with fewer websites hosted on it will be much faster than a server with more websites hosted on it assuming the 2 servers have the same amount of bandwidth available for clients.

Companies are busy making real money in the web hosting business and you guys are here bragging about hosting speeds.

Ok, ask google or yahoo to switch to your servers and we will know your servers are really fast.
Re: Difficulty In Hosting With Abimco by smartsoft(m): 5:42pm On May 10, 2007
You can be listed and not be effective, so what a heck huh ?
Re: Difficulty In Hosting With Abimco by Egavlas(m): 2:15am On May 11, 2007
Afam:

The bragging is totally unnecessary because a server with fewer websites hosted on it will be much faster than a server with more websites hosted on it assuming the 2 servers have the same amount of bandwidth available for clients.

Companies are busy making real money in the web hosting business and you guys are here bragging about hosting speeds.

Ok, ask google or yahoo to switch to your servers and we will know your servers are really fast.

Good one Afam. I actually loaded the aimtech websitte listed above and abimco at the same time and aimtech site loaded faster
Re: Difficulty In Hosting With Abimco by abimco(m): 3:30pm On May 11, 2007
Salvage:

Good one Afam. I actually loaded the aimtech websitte listed above and abimco at the same time and aimtech site loaded faster
Then you dont understand anything about server speed. Check the two sites in question and ask yourself if they both have the same graphic and content.  If a firm has more client on its server, then he should expand to accomodate for the increase, not become another MTN with more customers and poor services. A typical Nigerian firm will use the same resources they are using when they have 2 clients even if thier client base increase to 1000.
Re: Difficulty In Hosting With Abimco by Afam(m): 5:30pm On May 11, 2007
We do not need excuses, if your servers are the fastest you can get then you cannot expect websites on slow servers to come up much faster than websites hosted on your servers.

Now, with this simple test have you seen why it does not make sense to brag about server speed?
Re: Difficulty In Hosting With Abimco by Egavlas(m): 10:47pm On May 11, 2007
abimco:

Then you don't understand anything about server speed. Check the two sites in question and ask yourself if they both have the same graphic and content.

But you are the one responsible for loading all that graphic content on your site , not so? All that graphic content on your site, are they absolutely nescessary?
Re: Difficulty In Hosting With Abimco by niyyie(m): 1:08am On May 13, 2007
abimco:

Niyyie, if others refused to be listed may be because they are not sure of what the result will be. My people says "if you are sure of your medicine, you can boast of it". We are at Abimco are sure of our services that is why were are listed so that Nigerians will be sure of what they are paying for. Now if we have only two web host firms listed from Nigeria, but we have 2466 hosts from 86 countries listed and we are currently 147 (has been under 200 for the last five months). Then we are not boasting about just been one of the fastest in Nigeria and Africa, but among the over 2000 listed hosts.
So we challenge you and others to get listed, let your clients know what they are paying for.

Listing or not is at the discretion of each web host. Moreso, the stats provided by that website is not enough reason to brag.
Re: Difficulty In Hosting With Abimco by syskay(m): 12:55pm On May 13, 2007
How many of the big players in the web hosting industry brag about stuff like this? Moreover, in a place like Nigeria, the issue of speed does not arise since most Nigerians still surf the web with slow internet connections. It takes about 30mins to download a 5 meg file with most naija ISPs, while our counterparts in western nations get the same in less that 10 seconds.

Serious Web Hosts brag about Customer Support, Server Uptime, Hardware Configuration and Software dependability.
Re: Difficulty In Hosting With Abimco by walemuse(m): 11:13am On May 15, 2007
Have you tried http://www.nigeria.webresellers.net.

Webresellers Co., USA is one of the best web hosting company in the world.A Geek Certified company with great reviews from the webhostingjury.com. Excellent package to suit your unique needs.

I have seen couple of people host their sites on their platform. You can give them a try

(1) (Reply)

VERIFIED UK Google Adsense For Sale At Affordable Price / How To Make Money Online By Shorten Any Link And Get Paid [with Payment Proof] / Facebook Likes Booster Got Me 4,000 Likes For $4. How?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.