Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,658 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:01 PM

IPOB Man Blasted For Threatening Killing, Saying Lagos Is Not Anybody's Property - Politics (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPOB Man Blasted For Threatening Killing, Saying Lagos Is Not Anybody's Property (42414 Views)

I Will Break Okorocha’s Leg, Bite Umahi – Turkey Based IPOB Man (Video) / We Beat Ekweremadu And He's In Shock - IPOB Man Brags In Front Of German Police / The Hidden Health Benefits Of Sex: Lauretta Onochie Blasted For Sharing Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IPOB Man Blasted For Threatening Killing, Saying Lagos Is Not Anybody's Property by Rotimi47: 10:35pm On Mar 04, 2019
SuperIgbo1:

Another stark illiterate.

Who are you relying on to start this massacre? I hope it's not OPC, the amala and ewedu women organization that was decimated at Ajegunle by the Ijos and by the awusas at Mile12.

Clowns, loooool.
God purnish your father you slowpoke Nitwit! shocked

You have got dog poo for a brain. Who decimated your IPOB good for nothing clowns? All your leaders are cowards who flee out of the country at any opportunity

OPC decimated by Hausa or ijaws in your stupid dreams abi? You most be high on the mud from your errosion infested states!

You people are worthless and lost the civil war and all your no lefrandum no erection!

Go to ajegunle, go to mile 12 , go to Idi araba, go to ogun state and even check out ijaw vs ilaje clash in ondo state, not to forget the ishekiri vs ijaw clashes and also the Yoruba vs Hausa clash in ile-ife.

Fish brain you are daft and know nothing shocked

It's better you continue to sell your gala in traffic peacefully than to instigate a clash that will waste you.

Continue with your peoples usual chest beating and it won't be long before the lucky once who survive amongst you start runing like your ancestor.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IPOB Man Blasted For Threatening Killing, Saying Lagos Is Not Anybody's Property by delpee(f): 10:41pm On Mar 04, 2019
People need to know that all land bought in Lagos is on leasehold with a definite tenure. It's unlike our village family land whose title may reside with the family forever. In the cities especially, the state government reserves the right to revoke certificates of occupancy if necessary.

It's wise to develop our towns and villages more.

1 Like

Re: IPOB Man Blasted For Threatening Killing, Saying Lagos Is Not Anybody's Property by SuperIgbo1(m): 10:47pm On Mar 04, 2019
[s]
Rotimi47:
God purnish your father you slowpoke Nitwit! shocked

You have got dog poo for a brain. Who decimated your IPOB good for nothing clowns? All your leaders are cowards who flee out of the country at any opportunity

OPC decimated by Hausa or ijaws in stupid dreams abi? You most be high on the mud from your errosion infested states!

You people are worthless and lost the civil war and all your no lefrandum no erection!

Go to ajegunle, go to mile 12 , go to Idi araba, go to ogun state and even check out ijaw vs ilaje clash in ondo state, not to forget the ishekiri vs ijaw clashes and also the Yoruba vs Hausa clash in ile-ife.

Fish brain you are daft and know nothing shocked

It's better you continue to sell your gala in traffic peacefully than to instigate a clash that will waste you.

[/s]

I thought this stark illiterate had an IQ of at least 2 hence, I was being soft on your amala dumbass.

Before you open your putrid mouth to talk about Igbo leaders, tell us why Ogundipe fled to London where he died a great coward even when nobody pursued him. Are you not General Adisa's kinsman? Man was caught on camera weeping and begging a junior officer, Al' Mustapha.

The yooroba nation should be nuked by NATO. A bunch of cowardly men that were castrated by Dahomey Amazons in their own land are no good to the world, looooool.

Re: IPOB Man Blasted For Threatening Killing, Saying Lagos Is Not Anybody's Property by Rotimi47: 10:50pm On Mar 04, 2019
SuperIgbo1:

Banjo gave the Biafra her major victory yet, his troops in the midwest withdrew in the most disorderly fashion after one month without giving Murtala Mohammed's second Division a hard time. The only victory Banjo's troops scored was that they dislodged a platoon of soldiers at Siluko hill, looool.

The midwest operation led by Banjo was the worst ever seen in Biafra cos they had almost everything an African army needed at that time yet, they failed. The midwest operation crippled other Biafran offensives that was going on at fronts at that time. Y'all are really very funny. I'm sure you've never read any book about the civil war just like Kagawa10.

Banjo moved his troops from where they were stationed in Onitcha after delaying for 48 hours to the midwest, not cos he was a brave soldier but cos there was no serious federal troops at the midwest at that time yet, he couldn't match on to Lagos.
I read lots of books that were written during and immediately after the civil war, i even went through hidding war time memos which consist of that of Ojukwu, Awolowo just to mention a few. I found them where they were hidding about 27 to 30 years ago and the person who hid them collected them back from me after I read them. The person died in 2014 and I don't know who he gave them to or were he kept the memos but still remember them and they have authentic signatures on them.

Banjo capture villages, towns and cities from biafran territory to Ore and had to retreat to save his men's lives.

They only killed Banjo because of envy and jealousy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Man Blasted For Threatening Killing, Saying Lagos Is Not Anybody's Property by SuperIgbo1(m): 11:05pm On Mar 04, 2019
Rotimi47:
I read lots of books that were writing during and immediately after the civil war, i even went through hidding war time memos which consist of that of Ojukwu, Awolowo just to mention a few. I found them where they were hidding about 27 to 30 years ago and the person who hid them collected them back from me after I read them. The person died in 2014 and I don't know who he gave them to or were he kept the memos but still remember them.

Banjo capture villages, towns and cities from biafran territory to Ore and had to retreat to save his men's lives.

Tell us one town that Banjo captured and held for one week. The federal troops gained an inch every minute while, Banjo stayed discussing gibberish with the British High Commission.

Anyway, Banjo achieved three things in the midwest operation. First, he dislodged a platoon of soldiers at Siluko hill, Benin city.

Second, he created the saboteur mantra in the army and in Biafra as a whole. He told the NCOs that their commanders were saboteurs hence, they lost grounds every day. His antics created a dangerous disease in Biafra. NCOs accused their commanders of collaborating with Nigeria forces and, wanted them dead. Captain Nweke was killed by his own troops as a result of this disease created by Banjo.

Third, he imprisoned Lt. Col Igboba, an Igbo from the midwest and, abandoned him in prison even as he(banjo) was retreating with his men. Thus, when the Nigerian troops got to Benin, they released Lt. Col Igboba from prison and beheaded him.
Re: IPOB Man Blasted For Threatening Killing, Saying Lagos Is Not Anybody's Property by Rotimi47: 11:23pm On Mar 04, 2019
SuperIgbo1:
[s][/s]

I thought this stark illiterate had an IQ of at least 2 hence, I was being soft on your amala dumbass.

Before you open your putrid mouth to talk about Igbo leaders, tell us why Ogundipe fled to London where he died a great coward even when nobody pursued him. Are you not General Adisa's kinsman? Man was caught on camera weeping and begging a junior officer, Al' Mustapha.

The yooroba nation should be nuked by NATO. A bunch of cowardly men that were castrated by Dahomey Amazons in their own land are no good to the world, looooool.
See slowpoke grin

A coup took place which Ogundipe was not part of; it was carried out the Igbo mofos who killed Hausa fulani, Yoruba and edo leaders while the short sighted idiots like you informed your super coward Azikwe who was a coward to the extent that he ran away with his legs touching the back of his head and didn't bother to inform any of the leaders of that time.

He was the first big coward that history presented to Nigeria after independence.

As per Ogundipe, igbo military chest beaters started what they can't finish like you and your people are going to start by GOD'S Grace, Hausa fulani' lunched a counter coup and you expect them to hand over power to some one who was not part of the coup at that time? You're surely daft!

Ogundipe who was not carrying fire arms at that time was threatened with a gun and advised to leave or he will be killed at that time. His case is different from your dead cowards who had soldiers territory and weapons but fleed in women clothes to ivory coast shocked

You people are born cowards by cowards grin

The case of Adisa is another thing; he begged a junior officer for his life but Ojukwu handed over to a junior officer that is not an igbo and fleed with the winds with his laps rubbing against each other in a woman's dress!

Tell who is a cowards and at the same time a clown?

You dilector is another thing entirely grin

After all you people chest beating as usual; we have develop bombs, we can build nuclear weapons, we have donated money and are buying latest guns; he ran away not minding the numbers of stupid stinking people like you that died but he was only concerned about his dog!

You people which all your chest beating can't even declare biafra like men and die like men because you and your ancestors are simply cowards.

You and You're people are all mouth and no action! Just hairy chest beating cowards so either sell gala in traffic or sell used parts or cloths in 2 x2 shops.

You are a disgrace to humanity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IPOB Man Blasted For Threatening Killing, Saying Lagos Is Not Anybody's Property by Rotimi47: 11:39pm On Mar 04, 2019
SuperIgbo1:

Tell us one town that Banjo captured and held for one week. The federal troops gained an inch every minute while, Banjo stayed discussing gibberish with the British High Commission.

Anyway, Banjo achieved three things in the midwest operation. First, he dislodged a platoon of soldiers at Siluko hill, Benin city.

Second, he created the saboteur mantra in the army and in Biafra as a whole. He told the NCOs that their commanders were saboteurs hence, they lost grounds every day. His antics created a dangerous disease in Biafra. NCOs accused their commanders of collaborating with Nigeria forces and, wanted them dead. Captain Nweke was killed by his own troops as a result of this disease created by Banjo.

Third, he imprisoned Lt. Col Igboba, an Igbo from the midwest and, abandoned him in prison even as he(banjo) was retreating with his men. Thus, when the Nigerian troops got to Benin, they released Lt. Col Igboba from prison and beheaded him.
Have you heard of the "Yoruba Biafran?"

02/01/2018
Tell your friends

Banjo almost captured Lagos for the Biafran Army in 1967, and his failure led to his execution.

There are some who believe that Nigeria’s Civil War, fought between 1967 and 1970, is not really a civil war, but a dispute between a set of tribes; Yoruba and Hausa on one and the East on the other.

This assertion does not consider people like Lt. Col. Banjo, the Yoruba soldier who rose among the ranks fighting for the Biafran Army and did so until his death at the height of the war.

Not much is known about Lt. Col. Banjo’s early life. He was born “Victor Adebukunola Banjo” as an Ijebu-man in Ogun State on April 1, 1930.

From Ogun’s foggy towns, he joined the Army as one of a generation of precocious young men in 1953 as Warrant Officer 52.

The records state that Banjo was the sixteenth Nigerian to be commissioned as an officer in the Nigerian Army, (NA 16).

In those days, Nigerian officers were entitled to training in England or nearby countries, by virtue of our colonial tie to Britain.

Banjo was a product of the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst, where he also obtained a B Sc. in Mechanical Engineering.

ALSO READ: What happens when a Nigerian soldier dies at war?

By the early 1960s, Banjo had risen to become the first Nigerian Director of the Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Corps of the Nigerian Army.

It was the ideal life. He was a young man in his 30s with a young wife and two children.

On January 15, 1966, many of Banjo’s peers executed the decision to take power from the civilian government.

They went on a rampage, killing many national and regional leaders in what we have now simplified into calling the 1966 coup. It is perhaps the most important day in Nigeria’s history.

Detention

It is also the day when Banjo’s travails began, the day when life decided to throw him through filters and ask questions that make a man wonder what drives him at the core.

Shortly after Major-General Johnson Aguiyi-Ironsi came to power following the 1966 coup, Lt. Col. Banjo was summoned to the office of the newly-selected Supreme Military Commander and was arrested while he was still waiting to see the Head of State.

Few people can say they understand what happened next but Banjo was accused of planning to kill the Head of State, General Aguiyi-Ironsi and summarily detained.

It has been suggested in accounts of that period that Ironsi was simply caught in the middle. The politics of the coup had been very tribal.

After a team of largely Igbo soldiers had murdered the majority of the North’s leaders, there was pressure on him.

ALSO READ: Nigeria may forget but Asaba remembers Oct. 7. 1967

From the North, he was expected to bring the coup plotters to justice. Eastern leaders were pleased that the perceived Northern stranglehold had been broken. Ironsi did not know what to do and the people needed scapegoats.

It was not the first time that matters of tribe would determine the course of his life.

Banjo was detained until the Northern counter-coup in the same year. In a different world, Banjo would have been released. But somewhere in the ripple effects of that coup, Banjo tried to stand up for a Yoruba soldier.

Despite protesting his innocence, he was thrown in jail for the second time. He would stay there until May 1967.

Letters from Prison

It is often said that adversity brings out the best in men. And while he would have flourished undoubtedly outside the prison walls, it was then that Banjo showed the moral fibre and liberal system of beliefs that would make him stand out at the most trying moments in his short life.

Most of these can be seen in his letters.

According to the book “A Gift of Sequins”, at the time, Banjo had a young family of four children. He did his best to staying touch and improve what was undoubtedly a hard time through constant letter writing.

Banjo’s letters revealed that he had a liberal, non-tribalistic worldview. At the core, he was a man who loved his country and wanted to see his fellow soldiers do much better.

When the Biafra War began, Banjo had been moved to a prison in the East. Colonel Odumegwu Ojukwu, the leader of the new Biafran nation, released him and made him a colonel.

Despite his tribe, Banjo sought to fight for the new country against what he saw as institutional tribalism and genocide.

Later he would say, “However when l discovered the emerging trend that followed the declaration of Independence of Biafra, it became clear to me that a war with the North was imminent."

“I decided to stay behind and assist in the prosecution of the war, both for the sake of my friendship with Colonel Ojukwu and in the hope that having assisted to fight back the Northern threat to Biafra, he would assist me with troops to rid the Mid-West and Lagos of the same menace.”

There was scepticism to his role in the Biafran Army, but Banjo quickly proved himself to his fellow soldiers and earned their belief.

The Yoruba Biafran

He proved himself as a master tactician and a fearless soldier, traits that he proved when the Biafran Army attacked Nigeria.

When the Nigerian Army invaded Biafra on July 6, 1967, Ojukwu sent Lt. Col. Banjo and Major Albert Okonkwo to invade Nigeria.

Banjo and his team moved quickly. He was able to capture Benin City in less than 24 hours.

By the time his division took a break, he and his soldiers were able to get within 300 kilometres of the Nigerian capital Lagos.

ALSO READ: How the Aburi Accord changed Nigeria forever

Something changed when they tried to enter Lagos.

The Biafran offensive on Lagos started heavily and with purpose. Reports of that time say it moved at a “lighting quick speed” but midway, Banjo, along with his fellow commanders, Okonkwo and Major Emmanuel Ifeajuna stopped and turned their army back to Biafra.

On getting back to Biafra, Ojukwu had the soldiers detained.

It is reported that Ojukwu saw their retreat as an act to sabotage Biafra’s existence.

Why they did is not exactly known. Some relations of Ifeajuna have made claims that, as the was war progressed, Banjo and Ifeajuna did not share the idea of a break up of Nigeria.

Their cases were taken to a tribunal. After the first tribunal dismissed the case, a second tribunal sentenced the soldiers to death.

At his sentencing, Banjo said, “ I came into the war at a moment of temporary collapse of the Biafran fighting effort, when it became quite clear to me that the fighting effort of the Biafran Army was not only being incompetently handled, but also being sabotaged.”

“Since then, it has been my fortune to command the Biafran troops on their successful exploits.”

“On the whole, l had in private, told Col Ojukwu that l could never be made to stand charged for having plotted against his office and his person. There was no plot against him”

On September 22, 1967, Banjo, Emmanuel Ifeajuna, and Philip Alale were marched into the Enugu city centre and tied to a pole. A firing squad of Biafran soldiers fired at them.

When Banjo was hit, he reportedly yelled defiantly, “I’m not dead yet!” and he had to be shot multiple times before he died.

Today, the legacy of the soldiers who fought on both sides has been largely forgotten. But in a country where tribal relations are still harsh, Lt. Col. Banjo set a template for living beyond tribe, for the greater purpose of humanity.

Tell your friends

Join the "sabi" clique

Don't miss a thing , get the latest updates to fuel your conversation daily

email
SEND ME UPDATES

LIKE PULSE NIGERIA
FOLLOW PULSE NIGERIA
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or:

WhatsApp: +2349055172167
Email: eyewitness@pulse.ng

RECOMMENDED ARTICLES
SEE LIVE results of Presidential Election HERE
Published 02/24/2019
8 dangerous mistakes you should never make during s3x
Published 07/31/2018
"We have original results," PDP rejects INEC's presidential election result
Published 02/25/2019
JAMB says dates for 2019 UTME and mock exam will soon be announced
Published Last Tuesday at 8:59 AM
Buhari leads Atiku in Lagos, Osun, Ogun, Ekiti
Published 02/25/2019
Atiku wins Ondo, leads in Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Anambra, Rivers, Buhari takes Gombe, Yobe
Atiku wins Ondo, leads in Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Anambra, Rivers, Buhari takes Gombe, Yobe
Published 02/25/2019
This $99 SuperDrone is the most incredible invention of 2019
Dronex Pro
|
Sponsored
How to learn a language in 2019? Here is the '15 min method'
Babbel
|
Sponsored
Mens Sporty Footwear - Blue
₦5,000 -
|
Sponsored
Playing US MegaMillions From Your Mobile Has Never Been So Easy
24lottos
|
Sponsored
The innovative weight loss method that actually works!
Green coffee
|
Sponsored
Yahoo boy runs wild, stabs himself to death
The deceased identified as Mukoro Ovie aka Close Betting had run away to the town hall after his mother reportedly took him to a church in the community for prayers over his strange behaviour.
Pulse Nigeria

https://www.facebook.com/policies
News
Entertainment
Lifestyle
Sports
Business Insider
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
About Us
Advertise
Terms & Conditions
Privacy Policy
© 2019 pulse.ng
Re: IPOB Man Blasted For Threatening Killing, Saying Lagos Is Not Anybody's Property by SuperIgbo1(m): 11:40pm On Mar 04, 2019
Rotimi47:

02/01/2018
Tell your friends

Banjo almost captured Lagos for the Biafran Army in 1967, and his failure led to his execution.

There are some who believe that Nigeria’s Civil War, fought between 1967 and 1970, is not really a civil war, but a dispute between a set of tribes; Yoruba and Hausa on one and the East on the other.

This assertion does not consider people like Lt. Col. Banjo, the Yoruba soldier who rose among the ranks fighting for the Biafran Army and did so until his death at the height of the war.

Not much is known about Lt. Col. Banjo’s early life. He was born “Victor Adebukunola Banjo” as an Ijebu-man in Ogun State on April 1, 1930.

From Ogun’s foggy towns, he joined the Army as one of a generation of precocious young men in 1953 as Warrant Officer 52.

The records state that Banjo was the sixteenth Nigerian to be commissioned as an officer in the Nigerian Army, (NA 16).

In those days, Nigerian officers were entitled to training in England or nearby countries, by virtue of our colonial tie to Britain.

Banjo was a product of the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst, where he also obtained a B Sc. in Mechanical Engineering.

By the early 1960s, Banjo had risen to become the first Nigerian Director of the Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Corps of the Nigerian Army.

It was the ideal life. He was a young man in his 30s with a young wife and two children.

On January 15, 1966, many of Banjo’s peers executed the decision to take power from the civilian government.

They went on a rampage, killing many national and regional leaders in what we have now simplified into calling the 1966 coup. It is perhaps the most important day in Nigeria’s history.

Detention

It is also the day when Banjo’s travails began, the day when life decided to throw him through filters and ask questions that make a man wonder what drives him at the core.

Shortly after Major-General Johnson Aguiyi-Ironsi came to power following the 1966 coup, Lt. Col. Banjo was summoned to the office of the newly-selected Supreme Military Commander and was arrested while he was still waiting to see the Head of State.

Few people can say they understand what happened next but Banjo was accused of planning to kill the Head of State, General Aguiyi-Ironsi and summarily detained.

It has been suggested in accounts of that period that Ironsi was simply caught in the middle. The politics of the coup had been very tribal.

After a team of largely Igbo soldiers had murdered the majority of the North’s leaders, there was pressure on him.

From the North, he was expected to bring the coup plotters to justice. Eastern leaders were pleased that the perceived Northern stranglehold had been broken. Ironsi did not know what to do and the people needed scapegoats.

It was not the first time that matters of tribe would determine the course of his life.

Banjo was detained until the Northern counter-coup in the same year. In a different world, Banjo would have been released. But somewhere in the ripple effects of that coup, Banjo tried to stand up for a Yoruba soldier.

Despite protesting his innocence, he was thrown in jail for the second time. He would stay there until May 1967.

Letters from Prison

It is often said that adversity brings out the best in men. And while he would have flourished undoubtedly outside the prison walls, it was then that Banjo showed the moral fibre and liberal system of beliefs that would make him stand out at the most trying moments in his short life.

According to the book “A Gift of Sequins”, at the time, Banjo had a young family of four children. He did his best to staying touch and improve what was undoubtedly a hard time through constant letter writing.

Banjo’s letters revealed that he had a liberal, non-tribalistic worldview. At the core, he was a man who loved his country and wanted to see his fellow soldiers do much better.

When the Biafra War began, Banjo had been moved to a prison in the East. Colonel Odumegwu Ojukwu, the leader of the new Biafran nation, released him and made him a colonel.

Despite his tribe, Banjo sought to fight for the new country against what he saw as institutional tribalism and genocide.

Later he would say, “However when l discovered the emerging trend that followed the declaration of Independence of Biafra, it became clear to me that a war with the North was imminent."

“I decided to stay behind and assist in the prosecution of the war, both for the sake of my friendship with Colonel Ojukwu and in the hope that having assisted to fight back the Northern threat to Biafra, he would assist me with troops to rid the Mid-West and Lagos of the same menace.”

There was scepticism to his role in the Biafran Army, but Banjo quickly proved himself to his fellow soldiers and earned their belief.

The Yoruba Biafran

He proved himself as a master tactician and a fearless soldier, traits that he proved when the Biafran Army attacked Nigeria.

When the Nigerian Army invaded Biafra on July 6, 1967, Ojukwu sent Lt. Col. Banjo and Major Albert Okonkwo to invade Nigeria.

Banjo and his team moved quickly. He was able to capture Benin City in less than 24 hours.

By the time his division took a break, he and his soldiers were able to get within 300 kilometres of the Nigerian capital Lagos.

The Biafran offensive on Lagos started heavily and with purpose. Reports of that time say it moved at a “lighting quick speed” but midway, Banjo, along with his fellow commanders, Okonkwo and Major Emmanuel Ifeajuna stopped and turned their army back to Biafra.

It is reported that Ojukwu saw their retreat as an act to sabotage Biafra’s existence.

Why they did is not exactly known. Some relations of Ifeajuna have made claims that, as the was war progressed, Banjo and Ifeajuna did not share the idea of a break up of Nigeria.

Their cases were taken to a tribunal. After the first tribunal dismissed the case, a second tribunal sentenced the soldiers to death.

At his sentencing, Banjo said, “ I came into the war at a moment of temporary collapse of the Biafran fighting effort, when it became quite clear to me that the fighting effort of the Biafran Army was not only being incompetently handled, but also being sabotaged.”

“Since then, it has been my fortune to command the Biafran troops on their successful exploits.”

“On the whole, l had in private, told Col Ojukwu that l could never be made to stand charged for having plotted against his office and his person. There was no plot against him”

On September 22, 1967, Banjo, Emmanuel Ifeajuna, and Philip Alale were marched into the Enugu city centre and tied to a pole. A firing squad of Biafran soldiers fired at them.

When Banjo was hit, he reportedly yelled defiantly, “I’m not dead yet!” and he had to be shot multiple times before he died.

Today, the legacy of the soldiers who fought on both sides has been largely forgotten. But in a country where tribal relations are still harsh, Lt. Col. Banjo set a template for living beyond tribe, for the greater purpose of humanity.

Tell your friends

Join the "sabi" clique

email
SEND ME UPDATES

LIKE PULSE NIGERIA
FOLLOW PULSE NIGERIA

RECOMMENDED ARTICLES
Published 02/24/2019
Published 07/31/2018
Published 02/25/2019
Published 02/25/2019
Published 02/25/2019
Dronex Pro
|
Sponsored
Babbel
|
Sponsored
₦5,000 -
|
Sponsored
24lottos
|
Sponsored
Green coffee
|
Sponsored
The deceased identified as Mukoro Ovie aka Close Betting had run away to the town hall after his mother reportedly took him to a church in the community for prayers over his strange behaviour.
Pulse Nigeria

News
Entertainment
Lifestyle
Sports
Business Insider
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
About Us
Advertise
Terms & Conditions
Privacy Policy
© 2019 pulse.ng

Copy and paste even without editing? Bye.
Re: IPOB Man Blasted For Threatening Killing, Saying Lagos Is Not Anybody's Property by Rotimi47: 11:45pm On Mar 04, 2019
SuperIgbo1:

02/01/2018
Tell your friends

Detention

Letters from Prison

The Yoruba Biafran

Tell your friends

Join the "sabi" clique

email
SEND ME UPDATES

LIKE PULSE NIGERIA
FOLLOW PULSE NIGERIA

RECOMMENDED ARTICLES
Published 02/24/2019
Published 07/31/2018
Published 02/25/2019
Published 02/25/2019
Published 02/25/2019
Dronex Pro
|
Sponsored
Babbel
|
Sponsored
₦5,000 -
|
Sponsored
24lottos
|
Sponsored
Green coffee
|
Sponsored
Pulse Nigeria

News
Entertainment
Lifestyle
Sports
Business Insider
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
About Us
Advertise
Terms & Conditions
Privacy Policy
© 2019 pulse.ng

Let me say it again; the main reason they retreated was because their fighting men and supply lines were thinly spread and they cant be reinforced because they are too far away.

These are just the truth but several people tend to overlook facts and reason along ethnic line.
Re: IPOB Man Blasted For Threatening Killing, Saying Lagos Is Not Anybody's Property by TAO11(f): 2:05am On Mar 05, 2019
Etinosa1234:

well ...my opinion is that ur source is not enough in the sense that u played down other sources because they are not in line with what u want to read

at least ...ur source cannot be bigger than Wikipedia

We're discussing facts here not opinions. Anyone can have any opinion. You may choose to opine that the present Oba of Benin is a woman. That you have that opinion doesn't mean you're stating a fact. So, dont get those two mixed up.

The issues are simple:

Do the Edos use the word "Oba" for royalty prior to the intervention of the Yorubas in their polity?

The fact backed answer is simply No. And your present Oba also agrees with the earliest and extant Bini materials on this issue where he said:

The FIRST OBA of BENIN is Oranmiyan from Ile-Ife.

This in effect means that the monarchs or kings used to be addressed differently as something else before Oranmiyan, certainly not "Oba".

Regarding whether or not Ekaladerhan is one and the same person as Oduduwa.

The fact backed answer is also simply No, considering that the earliest materials on Bini history and even by a prominent Bini historian identifies them as two separate entities.

So, coming with a Wikipedia narration which contradicts that will beg the question of when your Wikipedia narration first emerged; a question which experts have long answered as I have already pointed out earlier.

Your narration emerged according to experts, for the first time ever, some 44 years after the first ever indeginous Bini historian on Benin penned down and published a history of Benin in his classic "Ekhere vb Itan Edo".

The questions you should honestly be asking yourself when you're alone are:

Why is it that your Wikipedia version is not known prior to the 1978-9 coronation?

Why is it that the earliest known Bini source on Benin history by Benin's foremost and earliest historian contains the information it contains which is to the effect that Oduduwa is not one and the same person as Ekaladerhan?

Why should I discard the information in the earliest known indeginous Benin historical documentation, and go with an unknown account which emerged for the first time ever more than four decades later?

Do experts discard accounts closest to the event as passed down by the earliest informants from generation to generation in favour of an unknown but convinient account that emerged for the first time some over four decades later?

Your honest answers to the foregoing questions will guide you to realize that the account I have provided backed by the sources is more than sufficient to overrule your Wikipedia account which has been shown to be unknown and absent in Benin's historical narration prior to the 1978-9 coronation; and which has also been shown to be contradictory to the account widely known by Binis from the earliest times as contained in Chief Egharevba's indigenous collections also corroborated by Earlier European sources such as Talbot among others.

And if you insist on this particular imaginary Wikipedia Benin account of yours (a free online encyclopedia which I have contributed to before) even in the face of facts, then you have the obligation to put forward the sources of your Wikipedia account earlier than Egharevba's 1934 publication, or at least earlier than 1978 which is the date noted by Roger Blench and Matthew Spriggs in "Archaeology and Language I: Theoretical and Methodological Orientations" to mark the first ever emergence of your account.

1 Like

Re: IPOB Man Blasted For Threatening Killing, Saying Lagos Is Not Anybody's Property by walefresh3(m): 7:17am On Mar 05, 2019
Nathan2016:

Is that what you think?

You are really not even a lagosians.

Many igbos in lagos has c of o. Just like a yoruba landlord. How many yoruba landlord has c of o?

But saying Igbos has no lands in lagos crack me.. lolbros get your information right. Since 2010 lagos government has stop issueing c of o to majority non Yoruba that's why it's difficult for even a Yoruba person without top connection to have it. Maybe your people are with fake documents. Tell any of your people to go and verify the document with them before it is too late.

You are really ignorant.

Keep on selling your land and shouting eko ni ba je.

Re: IPOB Man Blasted For Threatening Killing, Saying Lagos Is Not Anybody's Property by walefresh3(m): 7:20am On Mar 05, 2019
[quote author=walefresh3 post=76360881][/quote] Lagos government has stop issueing c of o to majority non Yoruba since 2010 . Igbo go and verify the documents with you maybe it's not fake.
Re: IPOB Man Blasted For Threatening Killing, Saying Lagos Is Not Anybody's Property by Etinosa1234: 8:54am On Mar 05, 2019
TAO11:

We're discussing facts here not opinions. Anyone can have any opinion. You may choose to opine that the present Oba of Benin is a woman. That you have that opinion doesn't mean you're stating a fact. So, dont get those two mixed up.

The issues are simple:

Do the Edos use the word "Oba" for royalty prior to the intervention of the Yorubas in their polity?

The fact backed answer is simply No. And your present Oba also agrees with the earliest and extant Bini materials on this issue where he said:

This in effect means that the monarchs or kings used to be addressed differently as something else before Oranmiyan, certainly not "Oba".

The fact backed answer is also simply No, considering that the earliest materials on Bini history and even by a prominent Bini historian identifies them as two separate entities.

So, coming with a Wikipedia narration which contradicts that will beg the question of when your Wikipedia narration first emerged; a question which experts have long answered as I have already pointed out earlier.

Your narration emerged according to experts, for the first time ever, some 44 years after the first ever indeginous Bini historian on Benin penned down and published a history of Benin in his classic "Ekhere vb Itan Edo".

Why is it that your Wikipedia version is not known prior to the 1978-9 coronation?

Why is it that the earliest known Bini source on Benin history by Benin's foremost and earliest historian contains the information it contains which is to the effect that Oduduwa is not one and the same person as Ekaladerhan?

Why should I discard the information in the earliest known indeginous Benin historical documentation, and go with an unknown account which emerged for the first time ever more than four decades later?

Do experts discard accounts closest to the event as passed down by the earliest informants from generation to generation in favour of an unknown but convinient account that emerged for the first time some over four decades later?

Your honest answers to the foregoing questions will guide you to realize that the account I have provided backed by the sources is more than sufficient to overrule your Wikipedia account which has been shown to be unknown and absent in Benin's historical narration prior to the 1978-9 coronation; and which has also been shown to be contradictory to the account widely known by Binis from the earliest times as contained in Chief Egharevba's indigenous collections also corroborated by Earlier European sources such as Talbot among others.

And if you insist on this particular imaginary Wikipedia Benin account of yours (a free online encyclopedia which I have contributed to before) even in the face of facts, then you have the obligation to put forward the sources of your Wikipedia account earlier than Egharevba's 1934 publication, or at least earlier than 1978 which is the date noted by Roger Blench and Matthew Spriggs in "Archaeology and Language I: Theoretical and Methodological Orientations" to mark the first ever emergence of your account.

Ok ...I stated my own fact with source and urs stated otherwise

but I stand by my own source

if u know it's not correct ...u can go and edit it

mind you ... Wikipedia only allows sources with integrity
Re: IPOB Man Blasted For Threatening Killing, Saying Lagos Is Not Anybody's Property by gidgiddy: 8:58am On Mar 05, 2019
It is a great people who rise up and fight for their freedom. Weak people accept slavery without a fight.

In 1967, it became clear that the North wanted to dominate the rest of Nigeria(The Eastern, Mid western and Western Regions)
Leaders of the West like Awolowo and Colonel Adeyinka Adebayo quickly surrendered to the North. They were followed by leaders of the Mid West such Pa Enahoro and Colonel David Ejoor who also surrendered to the North

Only Ojukwu in the East refused to surrender. He declared his people a free country and fought for their freedom for 3 long years. In the end, he did not succeed but he gave it his best.

Those who surrendered without a fight like slaves are the ones who like to call Ojukwu a coward for fighting for the freedom of his people.

I'm proud of my fellow Igbos for rising up and fighting for their freedom, for only great people can fight for freedom

1 Like

Re: IPOB Man Blasted For Threatening Killing, Saying Lagos Is Not Anybody's Property by Etinosa1234: 9:02am On Mar 05, 2019
[quote author=TAO11 post=76357999]

The issues are simple:

[/quote/]

u try....give d link to what u wrote...I will know if it's a reputable source...or like u said...it could be written to make Benin owe their gratitude to yoruba
Re: IPOB Man Blasted For Threatening Killing, Saying Lagos Is Not Anybody's Property by Etinosa1234: 9:23am On Mar 05, 2019
TAO11:

The issues are simple:

u haven't answered why u called Benin terrorist and d British Colonialists

and if ur source was more accurate...y is it not on wiki

I don't have sub otherwise I would have show u more sources
Re: IPOB Man Blasted For Threatening Killing, Saying Lagos Is Not Anybody's Property by Fezz: 6:46pm On Mar 05, 2019
TAO11:

The issues are simple:

Can you kindly share the source to this claim below

"Why is it that the earliest known Bini source on Benin history by Benin's foremost and earliest historian contains the information it contains which is to the effect that Oduduwa is not one and the same person as Ekaladerhan?"

Secondly, it's not wise to quote this bias historian named "Egharevba's" because it is alleged he's not credible especially because he's half Akure and half Edo. He schooled in the western part of Nigeria and while writing this thesis he got majority of his assistance from yoruba professors who were his mentor and obviously this professors influenced the final outcome of his research in relation to the heads of the bini obas buried in ile-ife.
There's no substantial proof to claim such an event ever happened. The only proof yorubas have is a picture of a tomb stone with words inscribed on the stone "orun oba ado". To me that is total nonsense because as far as I'm concerned that tomb is completely empty. But if you have well documented proof of names of the obas who's heads were buried in ile-ife then I will reconsider looking into the case. But until then it's all fake news.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IPOB Man Blasted For Threatening Killing, Saying Lagos Is Not Anybody's Property by Fezz: 7:11pm On Mar 05, 2019
TAO11:

I will reply you in details later. Currently in the middle of a busy session.

However, I will say this: What I provided you with is from your own earliest and most prominent source Chief Jacob U. Egharevba.

Also, I cited non-Yoruba experts in the field to show you precisely when and how the above fabrication of equating Ekaladerhan and Oduduwa emerged. And I showed you how the fabricated narration contradicts the earliest accounts held by the Binis from the earliest times through 1934.

So, I am aware that the fabrication is on Wikipedia with its source being Benin e-warriors. Wikipedia will never suffice as proof IF the earliest material on the subject by the experts in the field contradict the Wikipedia information.

And as I have proven, your Wikipedia account contradicts in explicit terms the earliest Bini accounts. So, you need to provide expert materials earlier than 1934 which is in agreement with your Wikipedia account. And if you cant provide expert materials earlier than Egharevba's 1934 work , then provide at least an expert material earlier than 1978-9 (the date of the fabrication as I have shown) which agrees with your Wikipedia material.

Regarding the part where you mentioned that the culture doesn't concern me (or something to that effect ), the history here is not entirely a Bini history ut is one rhat intersects with Ife (Yoruba) on one hand, and Bini on the other hand. So, I will not allow any low-esteemed Bini e-warrior impose fabrication and distortuon on my cultural history especially when there are corpus of extant materials negating that as I have demonstrated.

So, the earlier you embrace facts, the earlier you embrace tranquility and sanity and less of delusion and frustration.

In summary, our Oduduwa is not one and the same person as your Ekaladerhan as attested to by the earliest authoritative sources.

Also, your epistle doesn't show anywhere that the Edos had the title "Oba" for royalty prior to Oranmiyan. Rather, you appeared to agree with me that what the Edos use for royalty prior to Oranmiyan was Ogiso. Thus, you agreed with my position and Oba Ewuare II's position.

Peace be with you!

modified:

It's laughable that you wrote: I am very certain that your source is fake.

That's a claim which you can't just leave to hang. You need to substantiate it (i.e. your claim that my sources are fake or lies; that is, I'm making stuffs up) with evidence, proof, or reason.

I have cited the earliest and most respected sources

Read below and learn a thing or two.

No Benin oba was buried in Ile-Ife – Esogban of Benin, Edebiri

By Simon Ebegbulem BENIN—FRESH tension is brewing between the Yoruba and the Benin Traditional Council, as the Esogban of Benin Kingdom, Chief David Edebiri, described as absolute falsehood and provocative, the claim by the Oore of Mobaland, Oba James Adedapo Popoola, that until 1914, Benin Obas were buried in IIe-Ife.
He also described as untenable, the claim by Oba Popoola that the Oba of Benin is number four in the cadre of Yoruba kings. The Esogban was reacting to an interview granted by Oba Popoola to a national newspaper (not Vanguard). •Chief David Edebiri, the Esogban of Benin Kingdom Speaking to Vanguard in Benin City, Chief Edebiri, who is also the Odionwere of Benin Kingdom, said the position of Oba Popoola was misleading and must not be taken seriously. According to him: “It is absolute falsehood to say that Benin Obas were taken to Ile- Ife for burial. It never happened in our history. The precursor of this present dynasty, Oranmiyan, who came from Ife as requested by the Benin people, went back alive when he felt that he could not cope with the politics of Benin. He went back to Ife. Maybe, he was the one who died there and was buried and they now claim that Benin Obas were buried in Ife. I think that is where the notion came from. The Oba that came after Oraminyan, Eweka I, died and was buried here according to Benin traditional rites, within the palace environment. No Bini man can claim to know where the kings are buried. The two successive obas, the children of Eweka 1, both of them ruled within a space of two years, they died and they were buried here.
So, I pity the Kabiyesi because in the first place, according to him, he is now 17 years on the throne. Maybe, he wants relevance and to be able to do that, he made his wild claims. But what surprises me is, why drag Benin into their problems? If he wanted relevance in his area he should not bring Benin into it. These two Obas in quick succession ruled in Benin and were not taken to Ife. “One can only imagine what it entailed at that time to carry a corpse from Benin to Ife for burial. What was the method of preservation, what was the method of transportation of the remains being carried to Ife and that was done each time an Oba here joined his ancestors? It is not true at all, absolutely untrue. What I want to advise these people is, in the history of a people, you have history and you have fable and you have folklore. It is possible this is one of their fables which has no sanctity of historical facts. “So, to bring what I am saying vividly, the most prominent Benin king that everybody knows about is Ewuare I. I will tell you what the doyen of Benin history, “Ewuare died after a long reign and was buried at Esi, near Udo” Udo is in Ovia West Local Government Area, “as commanded before his death.” “This was the oba who commanded that if he died because he was sick, they should not bury him in Benin City, they should take him to Esi, his own mother’s village, to bury. Up-till this time, we are talking, the burial place is preserved, and every Oba who wants to ascend the throne in Benin must go there to perform certain ceremonies. The ascension of Oba Ewuare II was not exempted from this. So, that tells you that there is no iota of truth in the issue. It is a mere figment of their imagination. It is not true. Many of the Yoruba kings today are products of the royal family of Benin. Their lines were begun by Benin people from here but we have never said they should bring their corpses to us. “In Benin, it is a taboo to bring the corpse of your son to you. If it is true, as claimed by the Ooni of Ife who is the father of Oranmiyan which we do not dispute, and Oranmiyan did not stay here in Benin till his death, he went back to Ife, why should he wait for his grand children’s corpse to be brought to him each time any of them passesd on here? “There is no sense in it that you just sit down somewhere in Ife waiting for the corpses of your grandchildren to be brought to you. What do you do with it? So you can see that there is no sense in that” he stated. On the claim that the Oba of Benin was the fourth in the cadre of Yoruba kings, Chief Edebiri said: “This is an oba I am hearing of for the first time and I am sure many people who read that story, would have come across that news for the first time. All the cock and bull stories that he told in that interview that he is the announcer of the passage of Ooni of Ife, well that suits him, if his duty is to announce the passage of another king. “He cannot claim to be number four in Yoruba land because that is in direct conflict with what the Alake of Egbaland was saying a few months ago. The political connection we had with them, we successfully severed the connection in 1963 when we had the plebiscite that created Midwest Region. So, we have nothing to do with their classification, they can go on with whatever they think they are. The Oba of Benin cannot be classified with any of them. Maybe it is not generally known that some of the most progressive kingdoms in the Yorubaland have kings who have direct connection with the royal family of Benin. Maybe they do not even know.”

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/02/no-benin-oba-buried-lle-ife-esogban-benin-edebiri/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IPOB Man Blasted For Threatening Killing, Saying Lagos Is Not Anybody's Property by Fezz: 7:34pm On Mar 05, 2019
TAO11:

First, I don't see how all your story here contradicts the clear words of your Oba Ewuare II in the video that:

The First Oba of Benin is from Ife.

Before you assume too far that you're talking to a novice, I am aware of the history that before the Oba dynasty in Benin, what was there was the Ogiso dynasty of igodomigodo. And that's precisely my point which Oba Ewaure II apparently agrees with in the video

And the Oba dynasty coincided with the coming of Oranmiyan from Ile-Ife, prior to which there was nothing like the word Oba as a title for royalty in igodomigodo.

In the video, Oba Ewaure II is heard saying "first". "First" means "first". The first Oba in Benin, Oba Ewaurae II said, was the Yoruba man from Ife.

Before the intervention of the Yorubas, you had Ogiso never Oba.

A part of your statement which interests me is where you wrote:

"The banished child went to Ile-Ife and became the first Ooni of Ife ... He was named Oduduwa".

Hello Bini boy, please wake up and smell the coffee, stop copying and pasting imaginations from amateur historians and internet e-warriors who recreate imaginary history instead of documenting factual history perhaps because of their low self-esteem and tribal bigotry.

I will advise that you instead always consult the classical and earliest sources by the leading experts in a field of inquiry instead of amateurs and wishful thinkers.

There is a maxim in the study of historical accounts that the earlier and closer an account is to the event date and time, the more accurate it would be. For these two reasons, I will make reference to the world-leading expert in the study of Bini history. This expert is an indigenous expert, he is a Bini himself, and not only that, he is the earliest, most prolific, and most prominent of all Bini historians. His name is Chief J. U. Egharevba.

Regarding the case of the only son of the last Ogiso (i.e. Ogiso Owodo) whose name is Ekaladerhan. Chief J. U. Egharevba wrote in J. U. Egharevba, A Short History of Benin 1968 [This is an English edition of the earlier publication in Edo, published in 1934]

The first Ogiso was Igodo who established a dynasty of kings, some thirty-one in all. This dynasty came to an end when its last ruler, Ogiso Owodo, was banished as a result of popular hostility against his regime which was marked by misrule and cruelty. His only heir, Ekaladerhan, who would have succeeded him had earlier been exiled to Ughoton; and although every attempt was made to persuade him to return after his father's banishment, Ekaladerhan refused to leave Ughoton where he eventually died.

Ekaladerhan obviously did not go to Ife according to the earliest Edo source I have cited above, and Ekaladerhan is not one and the same person as Oduduwa. Instead, Oduduwa is an entirely separate person, a Yoruba ruler at Ile-Ife whom the Edos contacted for help. Hear from the horse's mouth below:

The last of the Ogiso kings, Owodo, was banished for misrule. Evian who was appointed as an administrator attempted to perpetuate his lineage by apportioning his son, Ogiamen, as his successor. The people refused and instead appealed to the Oni of Ife, Odudua, to send his sons. It was in this circumstance that Oranmiyan was sent.

[J. U. Egharevba 1968:6]

The foregoing are the histories of the Ife-Benin connection known to the Edos from the earliest times. However, popular tribalistic stories like the one you've copied and pasted above which is not found in any early Bini source found its way into the narration of the Binis many years later.

In fact, scholars nowadays have traced the origin of the Ekaladerhan is Oduduwa Theory, and have found it to be originating from 1978-9.

Roger Blench and Matthew Spriggs have noted in "Archaeology and Language I: Theoretical and Methodological Orientations" that the story emerged for the first time ever during the coronation of Omo 'N Oba Erediauwa as part of his coronation speech during the 1978-9 coronation.

In this work, Roger Blench and Matthew Spriggs also cited the indigenous Eboreime 1985 to corroborate their position.

The Ekaladerhan is Oduduwa Theory is certainly and evidently alien to the history of the Edos. It contradicts, in clear terms, the earliest written attestation of Bini's most prominent historian, as well as the earlier writings of the Europeans like P. Amaury Talbot, The Peoples of Southern Nigeria, London 1926.

You will never find this Ekaladerhan is Oduduwa Theory in any writing (Bini or non-Bini) before 1978. Never!

This later account which emerged for the first time in 1978 is an obvious attempt by the then new Oba and his allies to help the modern Bini person heave some sigh of relief from the "embarrassment" they feel as a result of their own very widespread tradition which tells them that a man from another country became their first Oba and that the Binis' present polity owes too much to this man and his country Ile-Ife.

Why do yorubas always believe that the world recolves around them. It's very sad and unhealthy to be honest.
You mentioned in the early parts of your write up that the word "OBA" is derived from the yoruba language. Give me one reason why the word "OBA" can't have 2 sources of origin. It is a known fact that the meaning of oba in yoruba language is totally different from what it means in bini language. In bini it is defined as 'Shinning light" while in yoruba it means something else. So why do you think or insinuate that Iweka spoke yoruba when he named the title of his throne "OBA" ? Whereas the real fact is he actually had a Bini meaning for it.
Just the same way you will say owomika was the first word he said when he started talking which means something in yoruba, but you actually forgot that owomika also means "I have hit the target" in bini language, but the name was later renamed to Iweka by the bini people.
You should understand that both the yoruba and edo people derived their language from the same source which is the kwa group. This means that their words have the same pronunciations but obviously have different meanings due to influence of early migrations. etc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IPOB Man Blasted For Threatening Killing, Saying Lagos Is Not Anybody's Property by Fezz: 8:50pm On Mar 05, 2019
TAO11:

No you argued against my points.

And my points which you argued against has never changed from the following:

*Lagos is owned by the Aworis.

*The Binis came a century later as terrorists to disrupt the Aworis' peaceful settlement in Lagos.

*But the Bini terrorists were later sacked (by King Ologun-Kutere) till date.

So, I should be asking you what you've been arguing about since you now apparently agree with my above-listed points which has never changed at any point in time.

When I read your comments I laugh because it shows you are full of hate, you are tribalistic and also always feel you are smart with words.
So when Oduduwa (Oranmiyan as well) was in ile-Ife and started his war campaigns, conquering smaller units around ile-ife you didn't call him such names as "terrorist".. but when the bini went on a conquest to eko and won their battles you now call them "terrorists". Please if you are really as smart as you sound then kindly use the same yard stick to judge rightly at all times. You don't have to be bias all the time and sound too tribalistic. People will listen to you more if you are actually less bias with your comments.
Re: IPOB Man Blasted For Threatening Killing, Saying Lagos Is Not Anybody's Property by TAO11(f): 12:30am On Mar 06, 2019
Etinosa1234:

Ok ...I stated my own fact with source and urs stated otherwise

but I stand by my own source

if u know it's not correct ...u can go and edit it

mind you ... Wikipedia only allows sources with integrity

What do you mean by you stated your own facts with source and I didn't?

What you stated which I refuted with evidence, proof, and reason are basically:

1. That the Binis use the word "Oba" as the title of their kings or monarchs before the intervention of the Yorubas in their polity.

-- You provided no evidence, proof, or reason to substantiate this. The most you said was that before Oranmiyan/Eweka, the word "Ogiso" was what is being used as the title of the kings or monarchs.

-- That itself supports my point, not yours. Also, your claim here (which you obviously did not back with evidence, proof, or reason) contradicts, in clear terms, the position of your Oba Ewuare II as he stated in that video.

-- Furthermore, your claim contradicts, in clear terms, the accounts found in the earliest sources on Benin history by leading experts on Benin history like Chief Uwadie J. Egharevba and Amaury P. Talbot.

2. That Oduduwa is one and the same person as Ekaladerhan.

-- You cited Wikipedia as evidence for your claim. I have shown (with reference to experts, i.e., Roger Blench and Matthew Spriggs, "Archaeology and Language I: Theoretical and Methodological Orientations" 1997, as well as Joseph O. Eboreime, "Coronation as Drama" 1985) that this version emerged during the 1978-9 coronation of Omo 'N Oba Erediauwa.

-- The logical implication of this expert source I have cited is that this account is unknown and unheard of in Benin history from the earliest times.

-- This expert position is further corroborated when the earliest indigenous source on Benin history is examined, and it shows that Ekeladerhan was exiled, and he went on to establish the city of Ughoton where he eventually died -- J. U. Egharevba, A Short History of Benin 1968 [An English edition of the earlier publication in Edo namely "Ekhere vb Itan Edo", 1934].

How then did I not provide you with evidence? Do you mean I should courier copies of these books to you because you're too broke to buy them or too lazy to search the internet yourself and make online payments where necessary?

Moreover, there is no such thing as "Wikipedia only allows sources with integrity". It's a free encyclopedia bro, even you can edit information in Wikipedia.

For example, search the name "Afeni Shakur" (2pac's mom), somewhere in Wikipedia you will find the words, "Afeni is a Yoruba word for "lover of people". These precise words are mine. In fact, I hyperlinked the word "Yoruba" to a Wikipedia internal information on the word "Yoruba". And I did all these without citing a single source.

You need to move from just taking information at face value without hesitation and scrutiny as long as it is on the internet.

Furthermore, do a google search of the words "Kingdom of Benin" in Wikipedia, and then read up the last two paragraphs of the section entitled "History". This should make you have an idea of what I have been trying to explain to you about a free encyclopedia.

1 Like

Re: IPOB Man Blasted For Threatening Killing, Saying Lagos Is Not Anybody's Property by TAO11(f): 5:38am On Mar 06, 2019
Etinosa1234:
u try....give d link to what u wrote...I will know if it's a reputable source...or like u said...it could be written to make Benin owe their gratitude to yoruba

Firstly, I substantiated every claim I have made with the sources. I give the names of the authors as well as the works. That is the most burden of proof I have in this context. I am under no logical obligation to provide you with a copy of the books or links to them. You should not be lazy and invest your own time/money to pulling out the sources yourself for cross-checking purposes.

Moreover, regarding your statement "... I will know if it's a reputable source ..."; it is important that I inform you that reading the books I referenced only enables you to crosscheck the information, it doesn't help you know if it's a reputable source or not.

To know if the materials I referenced are reputable, you would need to independently find out who is/are the foremost experts in the world on Benin history; and if the scholars I cited are not among the foremost, then you would need to check what these foremost experts say about the scholars I have cited and their work. That's how to go about it.

Regarding your statement "it could be written to make Benin owe their gratitude to Yoruba", I will require you to be consistent enough to point out how a Bini man will make up a lie that embarrasses himself and his heritage.

The critical analysis known as the criterion of embarrasment points out the absurdity of how an author will make up an account that embarrasses him.

In other words, if he made up the account, then it could not have been one that embarrasses him and his heritage; and if the account embarrasses him and his heritage, then he could not have made it up. He was simply relating the truth without regards for who the truth "elevates" or who it "suppresses".

It is important that you always bear in mind that your theory that Chief Egharevba made up a lie against his own Bini heritage is an absurd theory from the outset.

1 Like

Re: IPOB Man Blasted For Threatening Killing, Saying Lagos Is Not Anybody's Property by TAO11(f): 5:47am On Mar 06, 2019
Etinosa1234:

u haven't answered why u called Benin terrorist and d British Colonialists

and if ur source was more accurate...y is it not on wiki

I don't have sub otherwise I would have show u more sources

There was no time I mentioned to you in the course of our exchange that the British were not terrorists for their activities all over the world, neither have I mentioned to you at any point that they were.

I understand that these terms today have become political. The same activities get different labels depending on who did it. If the perpetrator still wields some influence or have some power, we tend to coat the term.

But to know if an act is a terrorist act, imagine yourself doing that very thing (like the example of forcefully invading someone's apartment to the extent of even taking some lives just because you want to prove your might and exercise your dominance and control) and wait to see what your end will be.

1 Like

Re: IPOB Man Blasted For Threatening Killing, Saying Lagos Is Not Anybody's Property by TAO11(f): 5:54am On Mar 06, 2019
Fezz:

When I read your comments I laugh because it shows you are full of hate, you are tribalistic and also always feel you are smart with words.
So when Oduduwa (Oranmiyan as well) was in ile-Ife and started his war campaigns, conquering smaller units around ile-ife you didn't call him such names as "terrorist".. but when the bini went on a conquest to eko and won their battles you now call them "terrorists". Please if you are really as smart as you sound then kindly use the same yard stick to judge rightly at all times. You don't have to be bias all the time and sound too tribalistic. People will listen to you more if you are actually less bias with your comments.

I am happy I made someone laugh, but I am full of loving kindness which doesn't stop me from calling a spade a spade. I am glad you didn't get angry.

However, I will reply every single point you made in all your replies in due course. I just finished some work now as well as just finished replying my first co-discussant, and it's quite late now -- I need to catch some sleep.

But trust me I will not ignore you, my hope is just that you will allow facts supercede emotions when I return with the facts.

Regards

1 Like

Re: IPOB Man Blasted For Threatening Killing, Saying Lagos Is Not Anybody's Property by Etinosa1234: 4:17pm On Mar 07, 2019
TAO11:

What do you mean by you stated your own facts with source and I didn't?

What you stated which I refuted with evidence, proof, and reason are basically:

1. That the Binis use the word "Oba" as the title of their kings or monarchs before the intervention of the Yorubas in their polity.

-- You provided no evidence, proof, or reason to substantiate this. The most you said was that before Oranmiyan/Eweka, the word "Ogiso" was what is being used as the title of the kings or monarchs.

-- That itself supports my point, not yours. Also, your claim here (which you obviously did not back with evidence, proof, or reason) contradicts, in clear terms, the position of your Oba Ewuare II as he stated in that video.

-- Furthermore, your claim contradicts, in clear terms, the accounts found in the earliest sources on Benin history by leading experts on Benin history like Chief Uwadie J. Egharevba and Amaury P. Talbot.

2. That Oduduwa is one and the same person as Ekaladerhan.

-- You cited Wikipedia as evidence for your claim. I have shown (with reference to experts, i.e., Roger Blench and Matthew Spriggs, "Archaeology and Language I: Theoretical and Methodological Orientations" 1997, as well as Joseph O. Eboreime, "Coronation as Drama" 1985) that this version emerged during the 1978-9 coronation of Omo 'N Oba Erediauwa.

-- The logical implication of this expert source I have cited is that this account is unknown and unheard of in Benin history from the earliest times.

-- This expert position is further corroborated when the earliest indigenous source on Benin history is examined, and it shows that Ekeladerhan was exiled, and he went on to establish the city of Ughoton where he eventually died -- J. U. Egharevba, A Short History of Benin 1968 [An English edition of the earlier publication in Edo namely "Ekhere vb Itan Edo", 1934].

How then did I not provide you with evidence? Do you mean I should courier copies of these books to you because you're too broke to buy them or too lazy to search the internet yourself and make online payments where necessary?

Moreover, there is no such thing as "Wikipedia only allows sources with integrity". It's a free encyclopedia bro, even you can edit information in Wikipedia.

For example, search the name "Afeni Shakur" (2pac's mom), somewhere in Wikipedia you will find the words, "Afeni is a Yoruba word for "lover of people". These precise words are mine. In fact, I hyperlinked the word "Yoruba" to a Wikipedia internal information on the word "Yoruba". And I did all these without citing a single source.

You need to move from just taking information at face value without hesitation and scrutiny as long as it is on the internet.

Furthermore, do a google search of the words "Kingdom of Benin" in Wikipedia, and then read up the last two paragraphs of the section entitled "History". This should make you have an idea of what I have been trying to explain to you about a free encyclopedia.

Origin
According to one traditional account, the original people and founders of the Benin Empire, the Bini (or Edo people), were initially ruled by the Ogisos (Kings of the Sky). The city of Ibinu (later called Benin City) was founded in 1180
C.E.
About 36 known Ogiso are accounted for as rulers of the empire. On the death of the last Ogiso, his son and heir apparent Ekaladerhan was banished from Benin as a result of one of the Queens changing the message from the oracle to the Ogiso. Ekaladerhan was a powerful warrior and well loved Prince. On leaving Benin he travelled to the west of the present day Nigeria to the land of the Yorubas. At that time the Yoruba oracle said that their King will come out of the forest and when Ekaladerhan arrived at Ife, he was received as a King.
He changed his name to Imadoduwa meaning "I did not misplace my royalty" and became The Great Oduduwa of The Yoruba Land. On the death of his father, the last Ogiso, a group of Benin Chiefs led by Chief Oliha came to Ife, pleading with him to come back to Benin to ascend the throne. Oduduwa's reply was that a King cannot leave his Kingdom but he had seven sons and would ask one of them to go back to Benin to rule as the next King.
Oranmiyan, the son of Ekaladerhan aka Oduduwa, agreed to go to Benin. He spent some years in Benin and came back to Ife after his wife gave birth to a son named Eweka. Eweka I became the first Oba of Benin.

Ben-Amos, Paula. Art, Innovation, and Politics in Eighteenth-century Benin. Bloomington, IN: Indiana University Press, 1999. ISBN 9780253335036 .
Bondarenko, Dimitri M. "A Homoarchic Alternative to the Homoarchic State: Benin Kingdom of the 13th - 19th Centuries."
Social Evolution & History . 4(2) (2005):18-88. ISSN 1681-4363
Roese, P. M., and Dimitri M. Bondarenko. 2005. A Popular History of Benin: The Rise and Fall of a Mighty Forest Kingdom . Frankfurt, DE: Peter Lang. ISBN 9780820460796 .
Mercury, Karen. The Hinterlands, Historical Fiction about the Benin Expedition of 1897 . Palm Beach, FL: Medallion Press, 2005. ISBN 9781932815115 .
Scholefield, Alan. 1975. The Dark Kingdoms: The Impact of White Civilization on Three Great African Monarchies . New York, NY: Morrow. I
Re: IPOB Man Blasted For Threatening Killing, Saying Lagos Is Not Anybody's Property by vsound(m): 12:18pm On Apr 15, 2019
Tested and trusted but be ware of the fake remade sold cheap in the market

Re: IPOB Man Blasted For Threatening Killing, Saying Lagos Is Not Anybody's Property by zabyx: 3:09am On Apr 17, 2019
emmanuelex1:
True and yorubas can vote anywhere they want to vote. So can Ibos be allowed to vote anywhere too in peace?

Maybe if they truly repented for their wrongs during the Biafran War, then they would be treated like any other citizen of the Republic. Until then, how can anyone trust them?
Re: IPOB Man Blasted For Threatening Killing, Saying Lagos Is Not Anybody's Property by cowardafonja: 6:20am On Apr 17, 2019
Mrshocker:
Tinubu is not holding any political office in Lagos.
He’s a leader without greed of power/office like Saraki. All Our Igbo leaders are very greedy and wanted to be at the senate forever!! They can’t sit back to strategize and plan for Our region political growth. I hate APC but Tinubu should be a role Model for every young politicians.
He’s a leader who have build very strong leaders in all political cabinets and parastatals.
Stop hate speeches every ship need a captain. We all came to Lagos because it’s better than our states.
I respect His brilliancy!!!

Where are our Igbos 1999 Governors & Senators !!!

I'm also a yoruba but I think you are wrong on your account of tinubu. tinubu is greedy old cow who thinks everything yoruba is automatically his own. Apart from that, he goes on dividing yoruba nation with his religious-tilted nominations. 95% of the people tinubu nominated to public offices are yoruba muslims. What has happened to out Christians?
Re: IPOB Man Blasted For Threatening Killing, Saying Lagos Is Not Anybody's Property by vsound(m): 5:35pm On Apr 17, 2019
This is the best for men but be ware of the fake remade sold cheap in the market

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Dokpesi Appears At The Federal High Court, Abuja / Nigerian Pilgrims’ Cocaine Scandal : Buhari Angry With Ndlea / Bomb Blast In Delta At Isoko Development Union Secretariat In Oleh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 295
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.