Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,719 members, 7,805,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:15 AM

Why Do We Have So Many Christian Denominations? What's the essence? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do We Have So Many Christian Denominations? What's the essence? (15842 Views)

Christians From Other Denominations Will Bow Before You - Adeboye Prays For RCCG / Can You Cancel Marriage Because Of Church Denominations Difference? / Why Do Many Christian Youths Live Double Standard Lives? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do We Have So Many Christian Denominations? What's the essence? by Nodogragra4me(m): 1:48pm On Mar 25, 2019
If you study the works of the Apostles you will discover that there was many churches that they established and were writing to. Paul wrote to most of the churches like the church at Antioch, Corinth, macedonia.

donstan18:
As we all know.

Christianity is a religion based on the
life and teachings of Jesus of Nazareth as
described in the New Testament of the Holy Bible.

Having known what the word Christianity implies; I want to know, why do we have so many Christian
denominations? What exactly is the essence?

Your help to give me audience for clarifications will be highly appreciated.
Re: Why Do We Have So Many Christian Denominations? What's the essence? by TVSA: 4:00pm On Mar 25, 2019
Nodogragra4me:
If you study the works of the Apostles you will discover that there was many churches that they established and were writing to. Paul wrote to most of the churches like the church at Antioch, Corinth, macedonia.

Those churches are the same church in different locations. Today, we see 3 different churches in the same building
Re: Why Do We Have So Many Christian Denominations? What's the essence? by Nodogragra4me(m): 9:10pm On Mar 25, 2019
They are only different in name not in spirit. It is different streams from the same source besides, there is no one church that can attend to all the spiritual needs of the people living in Lagos state alone because no one church was called to preach the entire mystery of the Bible.

Back in those bible days, the entire population of a city like Macedonia could be like 50,000. .... Imagine having a city walled round with night and day security all round. It is not possible in our todays population. What was called city then is not than suncity estate Abuja

TVSA:
Those churches are the same church in different locations. Today, we see 3 different churches in the same building
Re: Why Do We Have So Many Christian Denominations? What's the essence? by Ihedinobi3: 9:02am On Mar 27, 2019
raymondele86:
can you pls mention some of these local churches that one can attend to hear the truth?
As I said, I've never seen one such place in my life. I only found such a place on the Internet at https://ichthys.com.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Prophet SEER 1 Claims He "Resurrected Dead Young Man" In South Africa. Photos / Leah Sharibu: TB Joshua Calls For Three Days Prayer And Fasting / Mbang: Wrath Of God Will Visit Children & Grandchildren Of Corrupt Politicians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.