Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,553 members, 7,809,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:10 PM

Facts Emerge Non-yorubas Have Been In Lagos For Years Before Immigrant Yorubas - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Facts Emerge Non-yorubas Have Been In Lagos For Years Before Immigrant Yorubas (1689 Views)

Bobrisky: Yorubas Have A Culture Of Spraying Naira - Reno Omokri / Disturbing Trend In Lp Lagos: Over 95% Of Lp Agents In Lagos Are Non-yorubas / Attempt To Stop Non-Yorubas From Getting PVCs Resisted (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Facts Emerge Non-yorubas Have Been In Lagos For Years Before Immigrant Yorubas by Iamgrey5(m): 5:07pm On Mar 03, 2019
johnie:

The Ijebus of Ikorodu, Epe and Ibeju migrated from the Ijebu hinterland over time but those areas were not part of Lagos at the time the OP referred to.

After the creation of Lagos State in 1967, those places became part of Lagos so the Ijebus indigenous to those places at the time of creation of the state are indigenous Lagosians now.

On an interesting side note, I have heard people debate about the earliest nteractions of the Binis with Lagos.

Many do not know that the Binis had interacted with the Ijebus of Ikorodu for years before the Europeans arrived.

As a matter of fact, the Lisa family in Ikorodu have their roots in the Olisas of Benin.
Not only from interland

The Bini monarch in Lagos migrated all the way from Bini to Lagos and met nearly three different Yoruba clans there, yet you are making it seem like they appeared from the Sky. They were migrants like the ibos of today.

FYI, Ijebus were the ones who founded Epe, Ikorodu and some parts of ibeju. The locals in some of those areas still speak the ijebu language. So I wonder where they must have migrated from.

Asides that, the op clearly tried to fool himself with an old data that is no longer useful and you clearly tried to support it until you were busted.

1 Like

Re: Facts Emerge Non-yorubas Have Been In Lagos For Years Before Immigrant Yorubas by Kagawa10: 5:08pm On Mar 03, 2019
johnie:

What exactly is your point?

You making it look like the Bini have major stake when they are simply settlers. I know your aim. You can't fool me.
Re: Facts Emerge Non-yorubas Have Been In Lagos For Years Before Immigrant Yorubas by johnie: 5:19pm On Mar 03, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Not only from interland

The Bini monarch in Lagos migrated all the way from Bini to Lagos and met nearly three different Yoruba clans there, yet you are making it seem like they appeared from the Sky. They were migrants like the ibos of today.

FYI, Ijebus were the ones who founded Epe, Ikorodu and some parts of ibeju. The locals in some of those areas still speak the ijebu language. So I wonder where they must have migrated from.

Asides that, the op clearly tried to fool himself with an old data that is no longer useful and you clearly tried to support it until you were busted.

This will be my last post on this thread.

My points are:
1. The Yoruba immigrants referred to in the statistics provided by the OP were Yorubas not indigenous to the geographical location recognised as Lagos at time. I have provided proof that the OP is wrong. How can anyone say I am supporting the OP?

2. Kagawa10, On the issue of Ikorodu, I never said the Binis started or own Ikorodu. I referred to their earliest interaction with what is considered present day Lagos, outside of Lagos Island. Go and read my posts again.

I am not sure but it seems the issue here is one of people trying to dogmatically defend their jaundiced opinions or one of poor comprehension.
Re: Facts Emerge Non-yorubas Have Been In Lagos For Years Before Immigrant Yorubas by Iamgrey5(m): 5:52pm On Mar 03, 2019
johnie:

This will be my last post on this thread.

My points are:
1. The Yoruba immigrants referred to in the statistics provided by the OP were Yorubas not indigenous to the geographical location recognised as Lagos at time. I have provided proof that the OP is wrong. How can anyone say I am supporting the OP?

2. Kagawa10, On the issue of Ikorodu, I never said the Binis started or own Ikorodu. I referred to their earliest interaction with what is considered present day Lagos, outside of Lagos Island. Go and read my posts again.

I am not sure but it seems the issue here is one of people trying to dogmatically defend their jaundiced opinions or one of poor comprehension.

I believe you are the one deliberately trying to twist information

The op said Yoruba migrants

And you jumped on the thread to affirm his assertion.

The data is quite obsolete, yet you affirmed the assertion without acknowledging that the data is obsolete

If you have stated the the data is obsolete from the onset, I would have believed you

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photo: Reno Omokri Celebrates Buhari Govt.See Why / Tinubu Speaks On Backing Buhari Against Osinbajo's Presidential Ambition / House Of Assembly Member Distributes Food Items, Sanitizers To His Co (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.