Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,064 members, 7,807,193 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:54 AM

Driving Pet Peeves - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Driving Pet Peeves (2824 Views)

Toyota’s New Self-driving Car Has Two Steering / Is It Possible To Drive In Nigeria With An EU Driving Licence? / Waymo Self-driving Cars Becomes Soft Before Hitting A Pedestrian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Driving Pet Peeves by ibkayee(f): 2:18pm On Mar 03, 2019
By no means am I the best driver, but these are just things I find annoying idc

1. When the person who DOESN’T have right of way lunges in front of you

2. When you’re within the speed limit and someone is trying to overtake you at the most tight, accident prone position on the road

3. Tailgaters when you’re already driving within the maximum permitted speed or more

4. People who don’t indicate

5. People who indicate late/as they’re turning the corner, I find them even more annoying than people who don’t indicate at all

6. When people drive the wrong way in one-way areas in car parks when the car park is busy

7. Cyclists who ignore traffic signs/signals

8. When you allow a jaywalker who isn’t supposed to be jaywalking in the first place to cross and they take their sweet time

Not so much annoying as funny, so honourable mention I guess:

When you’re within the speed limit and someone overtakes you only for them to get stuck at the traffic lights 2 seconds later or blocked by the person in front so you end up right next to each other again

lalasticlala, mynd44
Re: Driving Pet Peeves by chic2pimp(m): 4:16pm On Apr 27, 2019
ibkayee:
By no means am I the best driver, but these are just things I find annoying idc

1. When the person who DOESN’T have right of way lunges in front of you

3. Tailgaters when you’re already driving within the maximum permitted speed or more

4. People who don’t indicate

5. People who indicate late/as they’re turning the corner, I find them even more annoying than people who don’t indicate at all

6. When people drive the wrong way in one-way areas in car parks when the car park is busy

7. Cyclists who ignore traffic signs/signals

8. When you allow a jaywalker who isn’t supposed to be jaywalking in the first place to cross and they take their sweet time

As a Racing Cyclist as well as a daily commuting Cyclist, the things you listed above are also some of my most hated pet peeves too
Re: Driving Pet Peeves by ibkayee(f): 4:17pm On Apr 27, 2019
chic2pimp:

As a Racing Cyclist as well as a daily commuting Cyclist, the things you listed above are also some of my most hated pet peeves too
Sooo annoying
Re: Driving Pet Peeves by chic2pimp(m): 4:42pm On Apr 27, 2019
ibkayee:

Sooo annoying

Red Light jumping cyclists hits home the most as it paints the Majority of us law abiding cyclists with the same Bad brush.

Next are Car tailgaters. When I check behind me and I see that I am being tailgated, I usually just stop and have a few choice words with the driver. It's very dangerous.
Re: Driving Pet Peeves by ibkayee(f): 4:46pm On Apr 27, 2019
chic2pimp:

Red Light jumping cyclists hits home the most as it paints the Majority of us law abiding cyclists with the same Bad brush.

Next are Car tailgaters. When I check behind me and I see that I am being tailgated, I usually just stop and have a few choice words with the driver. It's very dangerous.
I can imagine, jumping to avoid having to wait a few more seconds isn’t worth your life smh

Lool! I don’t blame you, it annoys me with the body of my car protecting me so being tailgated as a cyclists would trigger my anxiety by double

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Use Driving Hand Signals Properly / Can A Manual Transmission Car Be Converted To Automatic Transmission? / P.IM.P YOUR CAR HERE IN NIGERIA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.