Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,244 members, 7,780,489 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:24 PM

He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? (50395 Views)

Is this Enough Reason to Break up with him? / How Do I Turn Him Down And Not Hurt Him? / This Is Enough Reason For Me To Cheat (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by seekingop: 4:11pm On Mar 03, 2019
Good evening house, please I need your honest opinion on this issue.

There's this guy who has been my friend for a long time. He asked me out recently. He has very good qualities.

The issue is, he lacks confidence whenever he's talking to me thereby making him boring.
I'm thinking of turning down his request because I can't imagine myself living a boring life or are there ways I can help him improve on that?

Thanks

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Mar 03, 2019
.fear ladies

247 Likes 16 Shares

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by Davash222(m): 4:14pm On Mar 03, 2019
A round of sex from you will boost his confidence level.

Thank me later .

539 Likes 21 Shares

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by Skykid1208(m): 4:22pm On Mar 03, 2019
Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by Iyajison: 4:23pm On Mar 03, 2019
Accept him.... Let him know his weak point later....

If he is nice to u.... Hold am strong cuz d way girls the hunt for guys dis days... I fear

149 Likes 6 Shares

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by seekingop: 4:44pm On Mar 03, 2019
Davash222:
A round of sex from you will boost his confidence level.

Thank me later .
no sex yet, thanks

75 Likes 9 Shares

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by Davash222(m): 4:45pm On Mar 03, 2019
seekingop:
no sex yet, thanks
Then forget it!

368 Likes 13 Shares

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by seekingop: 4:46pm On Mar 03, 2019
Iyajison:
Accept him.... Let him know his weak point later....

If he is nice to u.... Hold am strong cuz d way girls the hunt for guys dis days... I fear
okay, I appreciate your input

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by Biglittlelois(f): 4:55pm On Mar 03, 2019
Stay with him, hes just scared of making the wrong move, guys like that gives peace of mind.

386 Likes 17 Shares

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Mar 03, 2019
seekingop:

There's this guy who has been my friend for a long time. He asked me out recently. He has very good qualities.

The issue is, he lacks confidence whenever he's talking to me thereby making him boring.
I'm thinking of turning down his request because I can't imagine myself living a boring life or are there ways I can help him improve on that?

Thanks
Is it a general issue of low verbal confidence or its only when he is around you ?
if you've seen him interact with people enough to understand he only loses his verbal confidence around you only then its all because he likes you a lot which probably is the reason why he is extremely self conscious around you when he talks which you'r mistaking for low verbal confidence. I would believe he had it built up in his mind for a year(s)to tell you this. He saw you beyond being a friend. He saw you as a partner. I'm sure he has verbal flow with his other female friends he has no feelings for.

Honestly,I feel this guy wll unleash the whole fun around you when he gets comfortable with you as a partner Or either way you can talk to him why he loses his self/verbal confidence around you.

305 Likes 28 Shares

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Mar 03, 2019
Post like this gives credence to the useless saying that girls love "bad guys". You don't want him because you think he is boring.

I understand that you want a lively partner, but I will suggest you take a look at how he behaves around others. There are many reasons he loses confidence around you

1. He loves you too much.
2. You have this dominating aura. Some ladies and guys have it. They have a way of looking at you that makes you swallow saliva.
3. He never saw a relationship with you happening. Maybe because he thinks you are way out of his league. EPL things ehn

Give him time, when he is free enough with you or is done basking in the euphoria of his new found love, he will pickup. You sef go fear.

Hold that guy o.
Guys like this no get wahala.

No be all these ones wey once you enter their house, they will on gen, close door, put on loud music and start asking if you are comfortable sitting on the chair, abi you will come sit on the bed.

640 Likes 55 Shares

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by seekingop: 5:23pm On Mar 03, 2019
WeedSeller:

Is it a general issue of low verbal confidence or its only when he is around you ?
if you've seen him interact with people enough to understand he only loses his verbal confidence around you only then its all because he likes you a lot which probably is the reason why he is extremely self conscious around you when he talks which you'r mistaking for low verbal confidence. I would believe he had it built up in his mind for a year(s)to tell you this. He saw you beyond being a friend. He saw you as a partner. I'm sure he has verbal flow with his other female friends he has no feelings for.

Honestly,I feel this guy wll unleash the whole fun around you when he gets comfortable with you as a partner Or either way you can talk to him why he loses his self/verbal confidence around you.
Thanks so much for this, he's very lively when he is with other people

81 Likes 3 Shares

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by seekingop: 5:31pm On Mar 03, 2019
AntiBrutus:
Post like this gives credence to the useless saying that girls love "bad guys". You don't want him because you think he is boring.

I understand that you want a lively partner, but I will suggest you take a look at how he behaves around others. There are many reasons he loses confidence around you

1. He loves you too much.
2. You have this dominating aura. Some ladies and guys have it. They have a way of looking at you that makes you swallow saliva.
3. He never saw a relationship with you happening. Maybe because he thinks you are way out of his league. EPL things ehn

Give him time, when he is free enough with you or is done basking in the euphoria of his new found love, he will pickup. You sef go fear.

Hold that guy o.
Guys like this no get wahala.

No be all these ones wey once you enter their house, they will on gen, close door, put on loud music and start asking if you are comfortable sitting on the chair, abi you will come sit on the bed.
Thanks a lot, this means so much to me. He is very active and social with both male and female, but once it's about me he becomes very quiet, it's annoying at times. That's why I decided to hear from people in order to avoid making a mistake. Thanks once again

128 Likes 8 Shares

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by seekingop: 5:33pm On Mar 03, 2019
Biglittlelois:
Stay with him, hes just scared of making the wrong move, guys like that gives peace of mind.
thanks sis

14 Likes

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by united442(m): 6:13pm On Mar 03, 2019
o.p its normal especially if the guy is in love with yougrin..he's just scared of messing things up..
its only when you start dating him he can gain confidence or you can see he actually has confidence.

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by kunleweb: 7:12pm On Mar 03, 2019
seekingop:
Thanks a lot, this means so much to me. He is very active and social with both male and female, but once it's about me he becomes very quiet, it's annoying at times. That's why I decided to hear from people in order to avoid making a mistake. Thanks once again

Can l know the guy's age bracket? Can you give more insights like where do you both meet each other?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by kunleweb: 7:12pm On Mar 03, 2019
seekingop:

Can l know the guy's age bracket? Can you give more insights like where do you both meet each other?.

I like to suggest you find out his WhatsApp contact and msg him
Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by seekingop: 8:29pm On Mar 03, 2019
Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by seekingop: 8:29pm On Mar 03, 2019
kunleweb:

Can l know the guy's age bracket? Can you give more insights like where do you both meet each other?.

I like to suggest you find out his WhatsApp contact and msg him
we talk on Whatsapp everyday
27-30 years
we met in his village where I stayed with someone for some months years back

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by seekingop: 8:32pm On Mar 03, 2019
united442:
o.p its normal especially if the guy is in love with yougrin..he's just scared of messing things up..
its only when you start dating him he can gain confidence or you can see he actually has confidence.
thanks for your time

1 Like

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by badadvice(f): 8:35pm On Mar 03, 2019
Op, that guy you're talking about is a "nice guy" and you should fight to keep him unless of course you're one of those girls who like bad guys in their youth and later pray and fight to settle with a nice in the future.
I'll advice you make him comfortable around you by being yourself around him, and by being yourself, i mean being your real self i.e how you were born.
Dress in front of him.
Touch "him" like you own it.
And if possible, fvck more than enough confidence into him.
When a guy becomes comfortable seeing your unclothedness, or having sex with you, he level of confidence around you will pique and you would end up not living a boring life!

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by henrygold100: 8:41pm On Mar 03, 2019
seekingop:

Thanks
cnt u make the chat interesting and make him comfortable

17 Likes

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by CyberWolf: 8:45pm On Mar 03, 2019
Same thing Ubunja has been talking about. When you’re nice to ladies, they call you weakling, boring, etc.. Treat them like trash and they run after you.

163 Likes 9 Shares

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by seekingop: 8:46pm On Mar 03, 2019
badadvice:
Op, that guy you're talking about is a "nice guy" and you should fight to keep him unless of course you're one of those girls who like bad guys in their youth and later pray and fight to settle with a nice in the future.
I'll advice you make him comfortable around you by being yourself around him, and by being yourself, i mean being your real self i.e how you were born.
Dress in front of him.
Touch "him" like you own it.
And if possible, fvck more than enough confidence into him.
When a guy becomes comfortable seeing your unclothedness, or having sex with you, he level of confidence around you will pique and you would end up not living a boring life!
thank youuuuu, highly appreciated

2 Likes

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by seekingop: 8:47pm On Mar 03, 2019
CyberWolf:
Same thing U.bunja has been talking about.
why did you mention him here

1 Like

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by seekingop: 8:48pm On Mar 03, 2019
henrygold100:
cnt u make the chat interesting and make him comfortable
I do, I don't want to keep doing that all the time

3 Likes

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by CyberWolf: 8:50pm On Mar 03, 2019
seekingop:
why did you mention him here
grin are you scared of him?

24 Likes

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 8:55pm On Mar 03, 2019
Wetin women want?

22 Likes

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by henrygold100: 9:03pm On Mar 03, 2019
seekingop:
I do, I don't want to keep doing that all the time
f**k him. moral booster�

18 Likes

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by Pusyiter(m): 9:06pm On Mar 03, 2019
@OP, just open up.
There is something else that want to make you reject him.
If he is boring then, you make it more boring because your sense of humor if you have any would trigger quality conversation.

15 Likes

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by lilmax(m): 9:08pm On Mar 03, 2019
small pikin brain

I wonder if everyone was living a fun life,if the world will still stand

girls like this lack sense, that's why they're used as trash

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by edicied: 9:20pm On Mar 03, 2019
AntiBrutus:

Ahh this one yaff know our secret grin

95 Likes 10 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Six Bathroom Habits That Annoy Couples The Most / Which Of These Ladies Should I Go For? / Trending Picture Of A Future Slay Queen On Facebook.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.