Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,385 members, 7,808,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:55 AM

What Is Greater Than The Power Of His Resurrection? Ans: The Power Of His Death! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Greater Than The Power Of His Resurrection? Ans: The Power Of His Death! (1333 Views)

Family Buries Pastor Siva Moodley After Waiting 579 Days For His Resurrection / Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? / I Will Not Celebrate My 58th Birthday - TB Joshua's Last Video Before His Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Greater Than The Power Of His Resurrection? Ans: The Power Of His Death! by Nobody: 7:07pm On Mar 03, 2019
The power of His death!

For I've heard a lot being made about the power of His resurrection, but if someone asked me, I believe that that's probably the easiest thing that Jesus had to do while He was on Earth was to resurrect.

For His resurrection to me was more like the stage of harvesting the fruits of one's labor, rather than that of sowing which is the stage of laboring.

And more like the stage where a woman gets to carry her new born child, the fruit of her labor, than that of pregnancy for nine full months, added to pains she had to endure to birth the child, which is yet the stage of laboring.

And also I see the resurrection of Jesus as more of a victory lap or a victory parade, after the race or the battle/war has already been won respectively.

For while Jesus was here on Earth everything else seemed to be easy breezy and within His control and ability, such as the weather, death, sicknesses, deformities, the seas, the devils, etc., as He didn't seem to need anybody else's help.

But it was only when it came to accomplishing His death for man's sins, even the purpose for which He was sent to the Earth, that seemed to stretch His ability to the limit, and hence proved to be His greatest test yet while He was on Earth, as Jesus Himself said:

"Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour." John 12:27 (KJV)

So while He knew that that was reason for which He came to that hour, the reason for coming to that hour troubled Him greatly, to the extent that the thought of asking to be saved from that hour became of a thing of consideration to Him.

And also while Jesus was known to be someone that usually prayed alone, this was the first time where He sought prayer partners, even those who would join Him in prayers for that purpose, as it was said:

Matthew 26:37-38 (KJV)

37. And he took with him Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, and began to be sorrowful and very heavy.

38. Then saith he unto them,
My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me.

And so this was the first time Jesus said "watch with me" to any other human being. And the entails of His prayer on that particular occasion perfectly captured the extent to which He was troubled, as it was said:

Luke 22:41-44 (KJV)

41. And he was withdrawn from them about a stone's cast, and kneeled down, and prayed,

42. Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.

43 And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him.

44. And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground.

And need I add any other thing to that to show how difficult it was for Jesus to die for the sins of mankind?

The reason most are not able to comprehend the extent of the accomplishment of Jesus in the respect of His death, is that they misinterpret it to be a normal death, in other words the dying or death of someone who was born with the nature of sin, inherited from Adam, so that it would not be something unusual.

But that's where they get it completely wrong, because this was a different kind of death, the first ever of its kind, where a man who was born without that sinful nature and the consequence of sin which is death, and hence yet had eternal life, still dying the death of a man who had lost his eternal life as result of sin.

Therefore that explains why most are not are not able to comprehend His death, and the difficulty He faced in order to accomplish it, because nobody has ever been in that Jesus shoes before, and having to die such a death.

And considering that this was the most difficult task that Jesus ever faced while He was yet on Earth, and that the greater the difficulty of a task, the greater the extent of power required to accomplish it, it wasn't surprising the reaction of the Earth to such an accomplishment, as it was said:

Matthew 27:50-53(KJV)

50. Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.

51. And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;

52. And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,

53. And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

Now this was the was reaction that greeted His accomplishment of the most difficult task He ever had to execute while He was yet on Earth.

For first it was the veil of the temple even House of God at the time, that ripped into two from the top to the bottom, which signalled the end of God's presence on the Earth being restricted to the four walls of a building, as the death of Jesus had accomplished the release of His Spirit from within the veil in the temple to beyond the veil, and to all the ends of the Earth.

Then there was the quaking of the Earth, and renting of the rocks, which appears to be what Jesus meant when He said "the rocks would immediately cry out"(Luke 19:40) as they had to bear witness of His accomplishment of that most difficult task, via His death.

And then lastly, yeah, the opening of the graves, and the literal instance of the dry bones being resurrected, as the extent of the power of His death had made many of the saints dry bones to live again, as they were said to have appeared to many after His resurrection.

Oh that I may know the power of His death, that had the ability to rip the veil of the temple into two from the top to the bottom, and hence take the fullness of God's presence from within the veil of the temple to beyond the veil.

Oh that I may know the power of His death that had the ability to make the Earth quake
and the rocks to cry out.

Oh that I may know the power of His death that had the ability to make the dry bones of many saints to live again.

Oh that I may know the power of His death that broke the chains of sin and condemnation, and brought man eternal life.

Oh that I may know the power of His death, for even Jesus at the point of His death, that's before His resurrection, said:

"...It is finished..." John 19:30 (KJV)

Therefore it was already finished even the purpose for which He came to the Earth, and to that hour, for He had accomplished it even before His resurrection.

And I very well understand that death is not a very human friendly subject, of course because of the tragedy that it represents, and then there is the aspect of it being considered as a failure, especially when someone loses his life under such a circumstance.

Therefore just as the saying "failure is an orphan" goes, so many do not find the death of Jesus an accomplishment worth identifying with.

And hence it's understandable why many would rather be associated with Christ resurrection than His death, as it is observed as a success and the victorious aspect of Jesus accomplishment, hence it has many fathers in that respect.

However from that saying of Jesus that "it is finished" at the point of His death, coupled with the unprecedented extent of power that was released in the process, proved that His death was His greatest accomplishment while He was on Earth, and even much greater than that of His resurrection.

Hence, oh that I may know the power of His death!
Re: What Is Greater Than The Power Of His Resurrection? Ans: The Power Of His Death! by Nobody: 12:57pm On Mar 04, 2019
The power of His death!
Re: What Is Greater Than The Power Of His Resurrection? Ans: The Power Of His Death! by Nobody: 12:58pm On Mar 04, 2019
Re: What Is Greater Than The Power Of His Resurrection? Ans: The Power Of His Death! by Nobody: 10:26pm On Mar 04, 2019
What is greater?
Re: What Is Greater Than The Power Of His Resurrection? Ans: The Power Of His Death! by advocate666: 11:19pm On Mar 04, 2019
see epistle.

Your gay Lord is dead.
Re: What Is Greater Than The Power Of His Resurrection? Ans: The Power Of His Death! by GreatResearcher: 11:30pm On Mar 04, 2019
jesusjnr:
The power of His death!
There is something greater than your imaginary sky dad. That thing is SCIENCE.
Re: What Is Greater Than The Power Of His Resurrection? Ans: The Power Of His Death! by Originakalokalo(m): 11:50pm On Mar 04, 2019
GreatResearcher:

Really?

Science is the discovery of the natural laws that the almighty put in place to enable man live a better life.

Technology is the application of these laws in solving problems.

Some sets of rules (science) can't be greater than the God who puts them in place.

Many rich people who have money to get the best treatment and afford the best hospital have died.

Death defiles science. Jesus defiles death. I defile death.

Sickle cell, diabetes, high blood pressure, cancer,

Stroke, etc are still here. Science is still battling with these.

Science doesn't know everything.

Science cannot solve our problems..... More machines is equal to more job loss.

Science cannot foster peace.... Instead, we have more wars.... and more weapons of mass destructions.

A lot of researches are being done on human body...and yet, we still do not have all the answers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Greater Than The Power Of His Resurrection? Ans: The Power Of His Death! by GreatResearcher: 12:04am On Mar 05, 2019
Originakalokalo:

Really?

Science is the discovery of the natural laws that the almighty put in place to enable man live a better life.

Technology is the application of these laws in solving problems.

Some sets of rules (science) can't be greater than the God who puts them in place.

Many rich people who have money to get the best treatment and afford the best hospital have died.

Death defiles science. Jesus defiles death. I defile death.

Sickle cell, diabetes, high blood pressure, cancer,

Stroke, etc are still here. Science is still battling with these.

Science doesn't know everything.

Science cannot solve our problems..... More machines is equal to more job loss.

Science cannot foster peace.... Instead, we have more wars.... and more weapons of mass destructions.

A lot of researches are being done on human body...and yet, we still do not have all the answers

science has done a lot for humanity than a god would ever do
Re: What Is Greater Than The Power Of His Resurrection? Ans: The Power Of His Death! by Nobody: 12:19am On Mar 05, 2019
GreatResearcher:
Yeah! When science is merely the systematic study of the creation of the Creator.

Maybe you should rather call yourself the foolish satan zombie researcher, for only a zombie researcher as yourself could foolishly think that something that was only a function of something, that was a function of something, that was a function of the Creator could be greater than its source to the third degree.

But who would really expect a Satan zombie bear an unfoolish fruit?
Re: What Is Greater Than The Power Of His Resurrection? Ans: The Power Of His Death! by GreatResearcher: 12:42am On Mar 05, 2019
jesusjnr2:
Yeah! When science is merely the systematic study of the creation of the Creator.

Maybe you should rather call yourself the foolish satan zombie researcher, for only a zombie researcher as yourself could foolishly think that something that was only a function of something, that was a function of something, that was a function of the Creator could be greater than its source to the third degree.

But who would really expect a Satan zombie bear an unfoolish fruit?
someone who believes in a tin whose existence hasn't/can't be proven and someone who refuses to believe in a tin that its existence hasnt been proven, who is the zombie and foolish among the two?
Re: What Is Greater Than The Power Of His Resurrection? Ans: The Power Of His Death! by Nobody: 1:17am On Mar 05, 2019
GreatResearcher:
someone who believes in a tin whose existence hasn't/can't be proven and someone who refuses to believe in a tin that its existence hasnt been proven, who is the zombie and foolish among the two?
Is the someone who concludes that that "tin" doesn't exist because it has not been proven to exist to him/her.

For only a foolish satan zombie can come to such an unfounded and unsubstantiated conclusion as that, even though that's just a flimsy excuse to advance their rebellious agenda against that "tin" which made it possible for him/her to any better than mere dust and ashes, that he or she truly is without that "tin".
Re: What Is Greater Than The Power Of His Resurrection? Ans: The Power Of His Death! by advocate666: 3:55am On Mar 05, 2019
Gay Jesus was found when a naked man when they came to arrest him.

Hahaha. You guys want me to worship gay.

Satan forbid!
Re: What Is Greater Than The Power Of His Resurrection? Ans: The Power Of His Death! by Nobody: 9:07am On Mar 05, 2019
Answer
Re: What Is Greater Than The Power Of His Resurrection? Ans: The Power Of His Death! by Nobody: 8:50pm On Mar 05, 2019
The power that rent the veil of the temple in two.
Re: What Is Greater Than The Power Of His Resurrection? Ans: The Power Of His Death! by Nobody: 7:32am On Mar 06, 2019
Oh that I may know the power of His death!
Re: What Is Greater Than The Power Of His Resurrection? Ans: The Power Of His Death! by Nobody: 4:41pm On Mar 06, 2019
I want to know that power!
Re: What Is Greater Than The Power Of His Resurrection? Ans: The Power Of His Death! by advocate666: 4:44pm On Mar 06, 2019
Jesus hates women sotey he refused to marry.
Re: What Is Greater Than The Power Of His Resurrection? Ans: The Power Of His Death! by advocate666: 4:48pm On Mar 06, 2019
Jesus was criminal that destroyed people's livelihood. Thank gods for Pontius Pilate that removed him from surface of the earth.
Re: What Is Greater Than The Power Of His Resurrection? Ans: The Power Of His Death! by UceeGod: 6:19pm On Mar 06, 2019
advocate666:
see epistle.

Your gay Lord is dead.

1 Corinthians 1 : 18 - For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

You can't comprehend this spiritual reality with your natural mind, it's beyond your highest apprehensive capacity as a fallible human.

If you really want to understand and live this reality, ask your Creator in all humility and He'll reveal Himself to you.
Re: What Is Greater Than The Power Of His Resurrection? Ans: The Power Of His Death! by advocate666: 9:37pm On Mar 06, 2019
UceeGod:

1 Corinthians 1 : 18 - For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

You can't comprehend this spiritual reality with your natural mind, it's beyond your highest apprehensive capacity as a fallible human.

If you really want to understand and live this reality, ask your Creator in all humility and He'll reveal Himself to you.

The last thing I want is for a gay Lord to reveal himself to me.
Re: What Is Greater Than The Power Of His Resurrection? Ans: The Power Of His Death! by Nobody: 7:08am On Mar 07, 2019
Oh! that power that rent the veil of the temple in two!
Re: What Is Greater Than The Power Of His Resurrection? Ans: The Power Of His Death! by Nobody: 10:48pm On Mar 07, 2019
That power!
Re: What Is Greater Than The Power Of His Resurrection? Ans: The Power Of His Death! by Nobody: 7:42am On Mar 08, 2019
And the earth quaked and the rocks cried out in acknowledgement of His death.
Re: What Is Greater Than The Power Of His Resurrection? Ans: The Power Of His Death! by Nobody: 7:54pm On Mar 08, 2019
The power that had the capacity to literally resurrect dry bones.
Re: What Is Greater Than The Power Of His Resurrection? Ans: The Power Of His Death! by Nobody: 7:56am On Mar 09, 2019
Lord reveal to me the mystery of that power!
Re: What Is Greater Than The Power Of His Resurrection? Ans: The Power Of His Death! by advocate666: 12:36pm On Mar 09, 2019
The wrath of Gos is glorified wickedness used to scare the fearful.

I have been waiting for this wrath for so long but it seems God has gone into hiding.
Re: What Is Greater Than The Power Of His Resurrection? Ans: The Power Of His Death! by Nobody: 8:25pm On Mar 09, 2019
Unprecedented power!
Re: What Is Greater Than The Power Of His Resurrection? Ans: The Power Of His Death! by Maxi3k(m): 8:29pm On Mar 09, 2019
You mean a gay dude died for our sins, PATHETIC
Re: What Is Greater Than The Power Of His Resurrection? Ans: The Power Of His Death! by Nobody: 8:09am On Mar 10, 2019
The Power Of His Death!
Re: What Is Greater Than The Power Of His Resurrection? Ans: The Power Of His Death! by Nobody: 8:49pm On Mar 10, 2019
Oh!
Re: What Is Greater Than The Power Of His Resurrection? Ans: The Power Of His Death! by Nobody: 7:32am On Mar 11, 2019
The power of His death that was able to cast out the old prince of the world, Satan!
Re: What Is Greater Than The Power Of His Resurrection? Ans: The Power Of His Death! by Nobody: 10:37am On Mar 13, 2019
What a power!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Does Satan So Love Human Blood Sacrifices And Requires It Of Every Satanist? / STEALING ONES GLORY THROUGH SHAKING OF HANDS? / Nigerian Pentecostals Believe That A Pastor Must Have A Spiritual Father

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.