Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,193 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:26 AM

Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah - Literature (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah (55247 Views)

You Can Now Read The Full Version Of Jewel From The Ghetto 2: The Return Of Shak / I Fit Be Second Jesus(sex Na Food 2)the Return Of Spana By Youngzubi / Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 12:18pm On Apr 30, 2019
FRESH EPISODES LOADING...
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 12:31pm On Apr 30, 2019
EPISODE 28
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

MR AND MRS WILLIAMS also took their seats on the dining table and listened attentively as Simisola deciphered the message to them.

“Yemi mentioned the day Kayla spread her wings. That was the day Yemi was playing with Kayla and tossed her up. Kayla spread her hands like she wanted to fly. Yemi told me to remember that day ...”

“And how is that a coded message?” Mrs Williams did not see any significance in the event.

“Agnes! Will you let us listen here?!” Mr Williams snapped at his wife. He turned to Simisola, “Yes, dear, I’m listening. Did any remarkable thing occur on that day?”

“Yes, dad. That was the day a strange lady walked into our house unannounced. There was something about her that was unsettling. I noticed Yemi was not himself during her visit too. Her name was Sharon. I think Yemi was trying to tell me that she is the one behind this.”

“And why didn’t you raise an alarm?” Mr Williams asked.

“Yemi said they were college mates in the States. More so, nothing happened and we didn’t hear from her nor see her again after that.”

“I see.” Mr Williams nodded.

Simisola continued, “Yemi also said I should remember what he did to me in Uselu. When I was sick in Uselu, Yemi spent months literally staying by side. I think he was trying to tell me that no matter what happened he would never leave me!”

“I just hope this your theory is right, Simi,” Mrs Williams chipped in.

“So, what are we going to do with this new piece of information?” Mr Williams asked.

“Well, daddy, you can talk to your I.G friend. But as for me, I know what to do.”

“You do?” Mrs Williams asked. “And what will that be?”

“First, I will have to talk to Mr Yinka.”

“Yemi encoded that in the message too?” Mrs Williams asked.

“I believe so. Mr Yinka was with Yemi every step of the journey in Uselu.”

Mr Williams got up and walked towards the sitting room, dialling a number on his phone.

“Mummy, Kayla and I will go home today.”

“You are returning to Banana Island?” Mrs Williams drawled. “Did Yemi—”

“Did Yemi tell me that too?” Simisola laughed. “No, mummy. I just think I am now okay enough to return home.”

“Are you sure about this?”

She sensed that her mother-in-law was worried about her. “Crystal sure, mummy. You don’t have to worry about me. I will be fine and so will Kayla,” she reassured.

Somewhere Else in Lekki, The Abimbolas’ Residence.

Nicole paced up and down her room thoughtfully. She was convinced her mother was innocent as she claimed and the determination to get her out grew with each passing second. But the challenge she had been battling with was how best to go about it. She knew that for her to get the desired result, she had to get other ways of going about it other than relying on the police. She had been doing some underground investigation but nothing was adding up yet. She had enlisted the help of two of her trusted former colleagues who were experts at investigative journalism.
She stopped pacing and went to sit on her bed. After thinking hard, she concluded that she needed a tough person to take care of the dirty ends of things. She dug her hand into her handbag and brought out her phone. She scrolled through the contact list and dialled a number. The call connected after a few seconds and began ringing. The receiver picked up the call.

Nicole responded in the Yoruba language, “Shakirah, ṣo wa pa?” (Shakirah, hope you are good?)

“Mo wa pa, ọmọ baba òlówò. Ki ń ló happin?” Shakirah drawled in a voice typical of a street thug. (I’m good, daughter of a rich man. What’s up?)

“Shakirah, we need to see ooo. It is very important.”

“No lele, éyàn mi.” (No problem, my person.)

“Then, we shall see tomorrow.”

“Alright.” She hailed, “Nicole, Ajebutter! Ọmọ baba òlówò!”

“Shakirah, the Badass Queen!” Nicole hailed back.

“Wa gbayi! Your head is there. You are mouthed.”

Nicole ended the call satisfied. She was happy with the team she was building. The pieces were falling into place bit by bit. She brought out her jotter and added a few things to the list she already drew up. But there was one more thing to do.

A Street of Agege.

Scorpion strolled on the road leading to Gbemisola’s house. He tucked his hands into his pockets and kicked little stones on the road, rather out of habit than a deliberate act. It was the same road he was attacked five years ago and each time he used it images of the incident flashed with horrifying clarity in his head. It was almost as if he could see and smell his blood flowing on the road beneath his feet.

But today was different. The worried look on his face was not as a result of that graphic memory but because of something more recent. He had still not gotten over the attack on Gbemisola’s house four and a half months ago. The event had cast a new light on how he perceived Gbemisola, the supposedly meek lady, ever since. He had heard the attackers referred to her as a striker and as deadly as death. And the way she disarmed a man twice her size and fired two shots into his leg still baffled him. More disturbing was the precision with which she dropped the fourth man that would have hacked his head off. Cold shivers still ran through his veins each time he remembered the devil’s stare on her face as she spun the pistol around her finger. He knew then and there that there was more to her than he knew.

While the incident disturbed him, Gbemisola just glossed over it and continued with her life as if it was nothing. He tried digging into her life but every information pointed to one thing—Gbemisola was an ordinary girl next door! Deep down, however, Scorpion wasn’t convinced.

Few days thereafter, she had told him that she had been transferred, at work, to a new location outside Lagos. That meant she would be out of town for long periods at a time but promised to keep in touch. Scorpion was surprised that he didn’t get emotional at the news. Ordinarily, he would have felt bad that she was leaving for a long time. But for the first time in five years, that was not the case. He had always known that his interest in their relationship had started diminishing since the incident. That certainly reaffirmed it.

Gbemisola had not called since she left and her phone had been perpetually unreachable. What kind of job had she gone to do outside Lagos? What kind of job prevented her from keeping in touch? Where did she go that made her phone unreachable? Scorpion had no idea.

Gradually, his thought drifted to something else. He remembered Simisola. He had not heard from her in a while and neither had she visited the hood. He brought out his phone from his pocket to call her and as he dialled the first two digits the phone began ringing in his hand. He looked at the caller I.D and smiled. Simisola was the one calling. She must have read his mind wherever she was. After about five minutes, he ended the call and hurried towards his bike, wearing a stern look.

Somewhere Else in Agege.

Shakirah sat slanted on a wooden armchair. Her legs were crossed and stretched across a bench two feet before her. Tiny beads of sweat glistened on her forehead and her blue camisole had moist patches of sweat around her armpits. Even the shed under which she sat did little to reduce the effect of the scorching sun. She fanned herself with one hand and held a stick of cigarette in the other. The smoke danced its way to the sky. Five other thuggish looking ladies—her ‘goons’—clustered around her. Her eyes were fixed on the muscled man frog jumping some yards away in the sun. Dust gummed to his sweaty body. His legs shook as if they had no bones in them any longer and could now barely support his weight. He squinched his face so hard and let out painful grunts each time he forced a leap; he was close to tears now. He pleaded for mercy but Shakirah insisted that his punishment was not fully served yet. Insensitive to his pains, Latifa, one of Shakirah’s, followed him closely and sent hot slaps down the nape of his neck each time he slowed down. At other times it was hard kicks to his butt.

Finally, the poor guy collapsed in front of Shakirah, whimpering. One of the other ladies beside Shakirah was pissed. She turned to Shakirah and grabbed a bottle. “Màmà, ṣé ki ń jẹ igò lórì wèré yii ni?” (Mama, should I crash a bottle on this lunatic’s head?)

“Ajoke,” Shakirah responded. “Let him be. The stupid guy has gotten what he deserved.”

The sound of footsteps on gravel caught Ajoke’s attention. She looked up. She shaded her eyes and watched the elegant, dark-skinned lady approached, carrying her high heels gingerly on the gravel-covered ground. Ajoke reacted, “Tani ajebutter yii lábà wa?” (Who’s this over-pampered babe in our hood?) She made a move to stop the stranger from getting any closer but Shakirah stopped her and stood up to meet the visitor instead.

“Nicole, ọmọ baba òlówò!” she hailed. “Iwọ́ lábà mi. Welcome to my hood.” She hugged her. The gruff voice reminded Nicole of the day Shakirah asked the forbidden question when they stepped into the Welcome Cell on their first day at Kirikiri Prison. The voice, then, sounded like a baby’s compared to what it had become now. Ajoke and the other ladies exchanged surprised looks. They wondered how their boss lady knew such a distinguished person.

Nicole waved at them and looked around restlessly. Shakirah noticed her uneasiness and suggested that they stayed in Nicole’s car to have their discussion, much to Nicole’s relief. They both walked to the car. About thirty minutes later, Shakirah came back to inform the ladies that she was going with Nicole and after telling them to let the man go, she left further instructions.

A while later, they were driving outbound Lagos mainland.

“Shakirah, who was that guy I saw with you ladies back there?” Nicole was curious.

“Oh, that one?” Shakirah hissed. “Don’t mind the stupid guy. He assaulted an innocent lady last night and I just needed to treat his f*ck up.”

“I see.” Nicole honked at a reckless Okada rider who swerved into her front. “And those girls?”

“You mean Ajoke, Latifa and the rest?” She smiled. “Those are my goons.”

“Whoa!”

Before long, they drove onto Banana Island. The magnificent structures got Shakirah turning her head from left to right and right to left, trying to catch every possible glimpse. She kept whistling from time to time in awe. At last, they approached Yemi’s residence. Immediately Shakirah saw the house, her hands flew to her head.

“Aje oooo!” she exclaimed in Yoruba meaning, Prosperity oooo!

“What?!” The sudden scream startled Nicole.

“Nicole, can’t you see that house?” She pointed to the house, completely overtaken by awe.

“And is that why you scared me so much? Anyways, that’s where we are heading.” Nicole honked at the gate.

“You mean we are coming to his heaven on earth? Is that where you live?”

“No, a friend lives there.”

“Then, that your friend must be blessed.”

Abdullahi opened the gate and they drove in.

To be continued ... Watch Out for the Next Episode!

NB: The book is NOW AVAILABLE on online stores. For those who don't want to wait for each episode to be released, get the book here:

1. OKADABOOKS: https://okadabooks.com/book/about/jewel_from_the_ghetto_2_the_return_of_shakirah/26442

2. SMASHWORDS: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/930731

Àdùkẹ́!
...My Story, My World.

Like my Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/adukestories/

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by babajeje123(m): 12:39pm On Apr 30, 2019
OP, this suspense is killing. I want to buy the book now now now. What do I do?

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 12:40pm On Apr 30, 2019
EPISODE 29
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

Meanwhile, Inside Yemi’s Residence.

Simisola, Ngozi, and Scorpion sat around the dining table with the exception of Yinka who stood in their midst. Pieces of paper were laid on the table with Yinka scribbling on the one at the centre of the table. All other eyes focused on him as he tried to explain the pieces of the puzzle they had been able to put together so far. They now knew the mastermind behind their troubles but still knew very little about Sharon. While everyone else spoke from time to time, either asking questions for clarification or offering contributions, Scorpion said nothing. His pensive gaze was a perfect indication that he did all his talking in his head.

Abdullahi’s call interrupted them and Simisola excused herself to picked the intercom. She spoke just three words into the receiver and joined the others back. A minute later, there was a knock on the door.

“Come in, please. The door is not locked,” Simisola responded.

Everyone else focused on the papers on the table or Yinka’s mouth until they heard the greeting coming from the door.

“Hello everyone,” Nicole greeted.

All those at the dining table looked up at the same time and the atmosphere became instantly charged.

“NICOLE?!!!” both Yinka and Ngozi yelled, eyes glowing like embers.

“SHAKIRAH?!!!” Scorpion sprang to his feet and rushed towards Shakirah!

“SIMISOLA?!!!” Shakirah snarled. Her nose flared.

Yinka quickly held Scorpion and Nicole restrained Shakirah. The heat that was building up could burn down the house.

“SILENCE, ALL OF YOU!!!” Simisola yelled and stamped her foot on the floor. Silence fell over the whole house immediately. “Now, do I have all your attention?” The sternness of her face and the authority in her voice quieted everyone. They all turned to look at her.

After some seconds, each one began to find his or her voice. Yinka found his first. “Simi,” he looked at Simisola and then pointed to Nicole. “What is she doing here?”

“And what is Shakirah doing here?” Scorpion found his voice next.

“And what am I doing here? Nicole, why didn’t you tell you were bringing me to Simisola’s house?” Shakirah directed her own questions to Nicole. She turned and made for the door. Nicole held her hand.

“Mr Yinka, Nicole called me earlier to inform me of her interest in the matter at hand and I asked her to come over, though she didn’t tell me she was bringing Shakirah along.” Simisola then turned to Shakirah, “And you, Shakirah, what’s wrong with you? All these your shenanigans have to stop! I am the one who is supposed to be mad here after what you and Nicole did to me, yet I have let everything go. More so, now is not the time for any ballyhoo. Do you understand me?!”

Shakirah looked at Nicole. Nicole nodded in agreement with Simisola. Shakirah lowered her gaze in shame. Ngozi watched her best friend and was surprised at the authoritative way she was handling the matter. No doubt, the present troubles had beyond doubt made her strong.

“Scorpion,” Simisola faced Scorpion next. “Now is the time to put all our animosities behind us, at least, for now. We all have a common purpose here. I need to find my husband, Mr Yinka needs to find his best friend, Nicole needs to prove her mother’s innocence, you and Omo Ibo need to support a friend, and Shakirah now needs to redeem herself. All of us are tied together in our quest to find Yemi!”

Everybody looked at each other and could not have agreed more with her. Yinka took over from Simisola.

“Simisola is right, you know. We all have to work together now. At this moment, there are no enemies or loners. We are a team.”

“I concur,” Scorpion lent his gruff voice to the new line of thought. He turned to Shakirah. “But you dare not cross my path!” He wagged his finger.

Shakirah did not respond.

“So, in that case, can you both come in and make yourselves comfortable?” Ngozi said to Nicole and Shakirah with a disarming smile.

Moments later, the once charged atmosphere became peaceful and all of them gathered at the table to share their perspectives on the best way to go about their quest. However, whenever Scorpion’s gaze met Shakirah’s he shot her devilish looks. Yinka naturally assumed leadership of the team.

By evening, the initial stiffness between some of them had started melting away and the fluidity became more pronounced. Before long, the session ended and they interacted together in twos and threes. Shakirah went to the veranda to get an evening view of the environment. She enjoyed the fresh, cool breeze blowing at her. It soothed her. It was quite different from the polluted air she was used to in the ghetto. The door opened and Nicole joined her. They both rested their arms on the railing and watched the happenings around them.

“You like it here?” Nicole asked.

“Who wouldn’t? This is a heaven on earth, my sister.”

Nicole smiled. “What if you see Yemi’s parents’ house? It means you will faint.” Or ‘my parents’ house,’ she added in her mind.

“Are you serious?”

“Yes ooo. That one na castle nah,” Nicole replied in Pidgin English. After a long pause, she asked, “Shakirah, do you realise that what Simisola said in the afternoon was right?”

“Hmmm ... Kind of. It’s just that seeing these luxuries makes me believe that it should ... I mean it could have been me.”

“And that’s where you get it wrong. Do you think you could have gotten him? And do you think that getting rid of Simisola would have solved the problem? Not at all! In fact, it would have led to a bigger problem. The question would have been: ‘who would have Yemi? You or I?’ We both wanted him, you know! It would have led to both of us haunting each other. What is more? Yemi didn’t even love any of us. And come to think of it, we actually went too far ourselves. Simisola was innocent and didn’t deserve what we did to her.”

“You are actually right, Nicole. How could I have been blinded by so much lust?”

“Ehn-ehn, I noticed Scorpion is still very angry with you.”

“You can say that again. If he had an opportunity to shoot me I know he won’t think about it twice. You know, there are few things I ever regretted doing in my life and making an attempt on Scorpion’s life is foremost among them. I still regret it down to this day.” Shakirah paused and smiled. She continued, “The irony of it all is that Scorpion and I used to be very close.”

“Is that so?”

“Yes. In fact, I was his crush. He could do anything for me. He loved me with everything he had.” A wonderful glow gradually spread all over her face as she reminisced over those good old days. “But I let my lust for Yemi push me over the edge.”

Nicole saw a rueful look displace the glow on her face. “You love him?” she asked.

The corners of Shakirah’s lips extended into a shy smile. “I don’t know. But whenever I think about how much he loved me I just feel I could have given him a chance.”

“You still can, you know.”

“What?!”

“Yes, it’s not too late. Just talk to him.”

“Talk to Scorpion?” She scoffed. “Talk to Scorpion you say? It seems you don’t like me. That man could strangle me with just one hand. I barely escaped with my life the last time I tried it in the hood!”

“Things are different now. Look at us, all former enemies working together to fight for a common course. Moreover, he won’t do that when all of us are here, especially with Simisola around.”

“I think I will try.”

Nicole smiled and patted her shoulder. “I think you should.” She left for the door.

“Nicole,” Shakirah called her when she turned the knob. Nicole paused and turned back. “Thank you,” Shakirah added.

Nicole smiled and nodded. She then opened the door and went back into the house. Not long after that, Shakirah too came inside, her eyes searching for Scorpion. She spotted him sitting all by himself at the dining table. She approached him with butterflies in her belly.

“Scorpion,” she called him. Her voice was a bit unsteady and she maintained a safe distance between them. Scorpion turned and when she saw the glint in his eyes she almost hesitated but she mustered up courage and continued, although still jittering a bit, “Can ... we ... talk?”

Scorpion looked at her intensely for a whole minute without saying a word. It felt like ten minutes and when she thought of turning back, he spoke up, “sit,” pointing to one of the empty chairs. Shakirah felt the knot in her belly loosened and chose the chair opposite him.

“Scorpion ... I ... I ... am very sorry for what I did to you. Believe me, I regret it every day of my life.”

Scorpion said nothing. He only rubbed the scar on his neck as if drawing her attention to her handwork. Shakirah looked at the scar and pain grew in her heart.

“I am sorry. If I could go back in time I would take it back.”

Scorpion eventually spoke, “Shakirah, look at this.” He pointed to the scar. “Can you see it? It was my ticket to hell, remember? I could have died. In fact, I was dead if not for the Good Samaritan God sent my way!”

“And you think I don’t thank God you didn’t? Scorpion, I paid for that with five years of my life in prison. Not just any prison but the dreaded Kirikiri Prison! Do you know what those years were? Terror! Ask Nicole and let her tell you. Every day was like it was going to be the last day of our lives. Scorpion, I know you have been through a lot but one thing you have never been through is going to Kirikiri Prison. I went to the den of death because of what I did to you. I deserved it, I know. And I still live in regret up to this day whenever I see you. Is that not enough punishment for me already?”

Scorpion’s heart melted by the time Shakirah finished. The intensity of her emotions when she spoke cornered him. Truth be told, it was obvious that she went through a lot in that prison. Her new personality attested to that. Scorpion now pitied her instead of the intense hatred he once harboured against her.

“It is okay, Shakirah. No more fights, no more hard feelings.” Scorpion extended his hand for a handshake. Shakirah took his hand. She felt the harshness of his palm but it soothed her. How much she had missed that touch. Both of them smiled and before long began laughing.

Nicole watched the two of them from where she sat far away and smiled. She felt satisfied with being able to encourage a friend.

Sharon’s Garden of Eden.

Yemi sneaked into Sharon’s room. Though he was still being monitored, he now enjoyed a lot of freedom. He had only one mission here—to retrieve his phone. He looked around the big bedroom. The phone could be anywhere—in the bedside drawers, the wardrobe, the dressing table drawers, the drawer Sharon always kept under lock, in the safe with the combination lock, or even the most unexpected place. But he did not have so much time on his side. Sharon did not usually allow him out of her sight for too long. She doted all over him all the time.

He started with the bedside drawers. He checked every one of them until he got to the sixth one. But it was not in any of them. Apart from racing against time, what made the task difficult was that he had to be careful to rearrange the items exactly how he met them, otherwise Sharon would suspect something was amiss. He hurried across the room to the dressing table. He kept looking behind his back and his heart thumped harder against his chest each time he did so. He pulled the drawers one after the other, taking care not to make any unnecessary noise that would attract attention. Again the phone was not there.

He checked his watch and realised he had spent five minutes already. He was sure Sharon would have started looking for him by now. Cold sweats started forming on his forehead and his heartbeat raced more. He paused. Standing akimbo, his gaze darted across the room. He knew his time was almost up. If he didn’t leave in the next two to three minutes the possibility of Sharon catching him here was high and the consequences could only be better imagined. Now was not the time for careless guesses; he must make one last calculated guess and if he got it wrong he might not get this kind of opportunity ever again.

He cast pensive gazes at the safe and the wardrobe. He was almost certain that the phone would be in the safe but the problem was the combination to unlock it. He did a quick mental calculation. If Sharon cherished him so much to have done all she did simply to marry him then it made sense that the combination would be his birthday!

Confidently, he rushed to the safe. As he was about to touch the lock, he felt a strong force pulled him. He turned back and his eyes settled on the only drawer Sharon kept locked. He remembered that was the place Sharon kept the artwork of them she painted. If that was where she kept the painting that meant so much to her, then the phone must be there! The only problem was that Sharon usually carried the key on her so, he could only pray that she had miraculously left it unlocked. He covered the distance in three strides. By now the sweats had started running down his face and the upper part of his shirt had started sticking to his body.

He pulled the drawer gently and it was opened. God surely answered prayers! He was relieved to find the phone lying in the drawer. He heaved a sigh of relief. Happily, there were three other phones in the drawer which would make it difficult for someone to notice easily that one was missing. They were other items of interest in it also but what interested Yemi now was his phone. Immediately he picked the phone, he heard the creaking of the door. He whirled around and saw Sharon staring at him!

To be continued ... Watch Out for the Next Episode!

NB: The book is NOW AVAILABLE on online stores. For those who don't want to wait for each episode to be released, get the book here:

1. OKADABOOKS: https://okadabooks.com/book/about/jewel_from_the_ghetto_2_the_return_of_shakirah/26442

2. SMASHWORDS: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/930731

Àdùkẹ́!
...My Story, My World.

Like my Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/adukestories/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 12:44pm On Apr 30, 2019
babajeje123:
OP, this suspense is killing. I want to buy the book now now now. What do I do?

Babajeje123, you can get the full book here:

https://okadabooks.com/book/about/jewel_from_the_ghetto_2_the_return_of_shakirah/26442
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by babajeje123(m): 12:48pm On Apr 30, 2019
JamesKudooski:

Babajeje123, you can get the full book here:

https://okadabooks.com/book/about/jewel_from_the_ghetto_2_the_return_of_shakirah/26442
I tried but it wasn't successful. Any other way?

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 12:59pm On Apr 30, 2019
babajeje123:

I tried but it wasn't successful. Any other way?

What issue did you have in particular?
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by becca2017(f): 1:51pm On Apr 30, 2019
Ghen! ghen!! ghen!!!.. thanks a lot for the update sir

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by babajeje123(m): 2:55pm On Apr 30, 2019
JamesKudooski:

What issue did you have in particular?
They only sent me two mails - one welcomed me while the other contains a link to instructions on how to be writer. Nothing on how payment is to be done.

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by rukidanty: 2:58pm On Apr 30, 2019
nice one and I am glad they are all working together and my guess is that scorpion girlfriend is Sharon they are looking for.. keep it bro

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 3:29pm On Apr 30, 2019
babajeje123:

They only sent me two mails - one welcomed me while the other contains a link to instructions on how to be writer. Nothing on how payment is to be done.

Just log in with your username and password. Thereafter, click on 'My Profile'. Then click on 'Refill' and you will see the different option to fund your account. I personally prefer using Etisalat (9mobile) recharge card to fund my account.

Even if they say the minimum to refill is N1,000, just ignore. You can load N500.

You can then click on the book and buy.

It's that simple.

Hope this helps.
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by babajeje123(m): 3:49pm On Apr 30, 2019
JamesKudooski:

Just log in with your username and password. Thereafter, click on 'My Profile'. Then click on 'Refill' and you will see the different option to fund your account. I personally prefer using Etisalat (9mobile) recharge card to fund my account.

Even if they say the minimum to refill is N1,000, just ignore. You can load N500.

You can then click on the book and buy.

It's that simple.

Hope this helps.
Can I transfer the money to your account, please?

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 4:26pm On Apr 30, 2019
babajeje123:

Babajeje123, I will prefer you get it from Okadabooks. The last account transfer sale I handled actually caused me a lot of trouble.

If you follow the steps I outlined above, you won't have any issue. It's quite simple and straight forward, believe me. I've done it several times.

Thanks.
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by babajeje123(m): 4:37pm On Apr 30, 2019
JamesKudooski:

Babajeje123, I will prefer you get it from Okadabooks. The last account transfer sale I handled actually caused me a lot of trouble.

If you follow the steps I outlined above, you won't have any issue. It's quite simple and straight forward, believe me. I've done it several times.

Thanks.
Thank you. I think I'll need to contain my eagerness for your updates.

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by Blackween(f): 5:15pm On Apr 30, 2019
eeeh
meek Gbemisola is the same deadly Gee
it is well o, op thank so much

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by toyhin123(f): 5:21pm On Apr 30, 2019
I really love this reunion
Thanks so much for the update Oga James

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by skubido(m): 8:08pm On Apr 30, 2019
Reunion to make sense... Oya make d plan start

Tanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by bizza45: 9:06pm On Apr 30, 2019
JamesKudooski:

bizza45, what issue in particular do you have with okadabooks?

whenever i register it will take me back 2 d registration page again and ask me to register again not entering d main page

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by Jane1234f(f): 9:47pm On Apr 30, 2019
Hadampson:

So, you still dey nairaland shocked

How have you been, Jane?!
I am fine dear, yes I am still here
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by Hadampson(m): 9:55pm On Apr 30, 2019
Jane1234f:
I am fine dear, yes I am still here

Wow.. I didn't know. Maybe it's because i don't usually come around here. Usually, am more active on travel section smiley
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by sooperrescue(m): 4:18am On May 01, 2019
JamesKudooski:

sooperrescue baba, mehn I have been expecting you for long! trust you are doing great.

Get the book here:

I have bought it and was too anxious to read the book that I even started from chapter 4. Please how do I download it? Action all the way. Pacesetters on my mind. You are good.

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by Nobody: 2:16pm On May 01, 2019
Better late than never. I am glad I didn't miss this cheesy . Well-done, JamesKudooski.

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 3:26pm On May 01, 2019
babajeje123:

Thank you. I think I'll need to contain my eagerness for your updates.

Hello babajeje123,

You sound as though you are angry. If you are, please don't be. Really, I sincerely appreciate your enthusiasm for my stories and the eagerness you showed towards buying the book. You've been a longtime fan and I cherish everyone of you guys.

Do you know that I actually make more when you do direct transfer to me than when you buy from Okadabooks? Because with Okadabooks I make 70% of the sale while I make 100% with direct sale! Yet I directed you to Okadabooks. This is to tell you that there's a good reason for that.

But if you are really having issues with Okadabook, then I might have to make an exception.

Thank you for your understanding.
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 3:29pm On May 01, 2019
bizza45:

whenever i register it will take me back 2 d registration page again and ask me to register again not entering d main page

Oh-oh! Sorry about that.

I will post another avenue shortly.
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by babajeje123(m): 3:38pm On May 01, 2019
JamesKudooski:

Hello babajeje123,

You sound as though you are angry. If you are, please don't be. Really, I sincerely appreciate your enthusiasm for my stories and the eagerness you showed towards buying the book. You've been a longtime fan and I cherish everyone of you guys.

Do you know that I actually make more when you do direct transfer to me than when you buy from Okadabooks? Because with Okadabooks I make 70% of the sale while I make 100% with direct sale! Yet I directed you to Okadabooks. This is to tell you that there's a good reason for that.

But if you are really having issues with Okadabook, then I might have to make an exception.

Thank you for your understanding.
I'm not angry in any way. I only have personal reservations for online payments. Don't worry, I dey follow you bumper to bumper

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 3:41pm On May 01, 2019
bizza45:
i don tire for okada books wahala how do i get d full copy abeg

babajeje123:

Hello babajeje123 and bizza45,

You can make transfer to the account with the following details:

Account Name: Qudus Adeyemi Oko-Osi

Account No: 2832013934

Bank: Ecobank Nigeria Ltd

Price: N500

Thereafter, please send your email address to:

okoosiqudus@gmail.com

Or SMS to 08028460247.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 3:43pm On May 01, 2019
Blackween:
eeeh

meek Gbemisola is the same deadly Gee

it is well o, op thank so much

shocked Really?
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 3:45pm On May 01, 2019
toyhin123:
I really love this reunion
Thanks so much for the update Oga James

I love it too ooooo, toyhin123.

You are welcome.
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 3:46pm On May 01, 2019
skubido:
Reunion to make sense... Oya make d plan start

Tanks for the update

wink
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 3:51pm On May 01, 2019
sooperrescue:

I have bought it and was too anxious to read the book that I even started from chapter 4. Please how do I download it? Action all the way. Pacesetters on my mind. You are good.

Thanks sooperrescue for the patronage. And I am so delighted you enjoyed it.

This is the second time you are comparing my work to pacesetters! Wow! I'm touched! Thanks,
bro.

What problem are you having with downloading it?
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 3:53pm On May 01, 2019
Nifeesimi:
Better late than never. I am glad I didn't miss this cheesy . Well-done, JamesKudooski.

You are welcome to My Story, My World, Nifeesimi.

Take your seat and enjoy.

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 3:54pm On May 01, 2019
babajeje123:

I'm not angry in any way. I only have personal reservations for online payments. Don't worry, I dey follow you bumper to bumper

Glad you are not, bro.

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (18) (Reply)

Oretunlewa Soyinka And Nneka Ekechukwu's Wedding In Atlanta (Photos) / You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio / Five Books You Must Have Read As A Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.