Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:32 PM

Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah (55245 Views)

You Can Now Read The Full Version Of Jewel From The Ghetto 2: The Return Of Shak / I Fit Be Second Jesus(sex Na Food 2)the Return Of Spana By Youngzubi / Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 11:47pm On Apr 19, 2019
skubido:

The writer is Male

cool cool wink
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 11:48pm On Apr 19, 2019
FRESH EPISODES LOADING...
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 12:39am On Apr 20, 2019
EPISODE 17
(CHAPTER ELEVEN)

BY THE THIRD DAY, even Dazzles felt the impact of the ill-wind. Simisola had not touched there and Ngozi only spent a few minutes there a day. After giving instructions, she would spend the rest of the day with Simisola and Kayla. Even Yinka made it a point of duty to call on Simisola every day. They knew it was a bad idea to leave her all by herself in her fragile state.

Yemi came back in the afternoon and saw Simisola seated between Ngozi and Yinka on the three-seater couch with her head nestled on Ngozi’s shoulder. There was a worried look on their faces. Yemi’s gaze settled on Simisola and his stomach muscles tightened. His hand flew to his head and he found no strength to pull his jaw back up. He couldn’t believe what he was seeing. Simisola had a vacant stare—she didn’t even realise he was standing there despite the fact that her eyes were fixed on him. Yemi couldn’t find the right words to describe what had happened to her in just three days. Her pale skin stretched over a bony frame. Tears moistened his eyes. He knew he couldn’t bear staying in the house and watch Simisola the way she was without breaking down himself. So, he turned back and returned to wherever he had been. No words were exchanged. Yinka and Ngozi just watched him leave.

Yinka’s eyes were full of anger and disgust, Ngozi’s were full of pity and empathy, but Simisola’s had nothing in themthey were completely vacant!

Yinka and Ngozi feared for Simisola’s health. Hence, Yinka put a call across to Mr Williams. About an hour later, Mr and Mrs Williams arrived and took Simisola and Kayla away.

Three Days Later.

Yemi became restless in his hotel room. His heart became so heavy that his head ached. He sat on the bed, bent over with his elbows resting on his laps and his head sandwiched between his hands. His mind was far away. Drops of tears fell to his feet. He shook his head and gnashed his teeth. Suddenly, he felt a strong urge. He got up and ran to his travelling bag that was at a corner of the room. He forced the zip open and dug his hands into it frantically. He grunted as he flung the clothes across his shoulders. He kept on digging deeper until his hands touched it.

He felt the coldness of the metal frame and the smoothness of the glassy surface. He pulled it out and held it with trembling hands. He stared down at it and his tears splashed off the surface. He rubbed off the tears with his finger and at the same time caressed the fluffy and gentle cheeks of both Simisola and Kayla who were smiling at him. His lips twitched as he murmured some incoherent words to himself. He saw the resemblance more vividly now; they both had lovely dimples and he felt like poking his finger into them but it was a mere picture. He was in it too. His hand was curled around Simisola’s shoulder and Kayla sat on their laps. His smile was adorable too. But he had not known that smile in five weeks.

He kissed the family photo frame. The incoherent words became clearer, “My lovely wife ... my adorable baby ... my family.” He hugged it tightly and wept out loud. “Yemi, why?” he questioned himself.

A while later, the tears gradually dried up and his gloomy expression gave way to a focused look. His brow furrowed. With his lips tightly pressed together, the muscle along his jawline clenched on its own accord. “This nonsense has to stop. And it must now! I can’t do this any more!” he said to himself stoutly. And as if driven by a renewed force, he gathered the clothes he had scattered over all the room and stuffed them into the bag as quickly as he flung them away. He ran out of the room, dragging the bag behind him. He checked out of the hotel and raced down to his car. He started the engine and sped off like someone running for his dear life.

An hour later, the way he drove into the compound made Abdullahi wonder if armed robbers were on his trail. He flung the door open even before the car came to a complete halt and dashed towards the house, calling on top of his voice, “Simisola, my sweetie.” He forgot to shut the car door. Abdullahi watched him completely morose.

“Oga ...” Abdullahi tried to tell him something but Yemi was far gone already.

He got inside but Simisola wasn’t in the sitting room. He ran upstairs, covering the flight in four strides. “Sweetie, please come out. Where are you? I’m sorry.” But there was no response.

He ran down the stairs. “Mary, Abigail, Bimpe!” he called their maids and cook. There was still no response. He completed the steps and headed towards the kitchen. “Bimpe ...” Then he turned around and saw it. He stopped at once and his legs suddenly lost their strength. He began to drag them towards the object of attraction. The tears returned and he sniffed.

It was the four-foot portrait of Simisola hanging on the wall. She was a goddess, dressed in a native attire with a well-styled gele and beaded accessories. Her adorable eyes stared at him and her dimpled smile lit up the sitting room.

Yemi looked at the portrait with a pleading look and posture. His eyes now stung. He did a mental comparison of the picture with the image he saw the last time he came home and the stack difference only unleashed the tears in his reservoirs. He knelt down and wept. “Simisola, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to hurt you. ” He hugged himself as phlegm started flowing down his nostrils, “I never wanted to. I didn’t have a choice.” His shoulders shook. “I’m sooorrrry.” He grabbed a handful of his shirt and pulled it with so much force that it ripped apart. Afterwards, he pulled his knees to his chest, circled them with his arms and rested his head on the kneecaps, sniffing as he did.

The cook walked in. “You called me, sir ...” She was shocked at seeing her boss in his sorrowful posture. “Oh, what happened, sir?”

Yemi looked up slowly, his eyes now red. He spoke up but his voice lacked strength. “Bimpe, where is my wife?”

“Your mum and dad came to pick her and Kayla, sir.”

“Okay. Thank you.” He was a bit relieved. He had thought Simisola had left to nowhere as she did six and a half years ago.

“Do you need anything, sir?”

“Nothing, Bimpe. I’m alright. You may go now.”

The cook left reluctantly and Yemi gathered himself together after which he went upstairs to change his shirt and headed to his car. He ignited the engine and began to drive to his parents' house.

As he drove, he thought of all he had done to his loved ones in the past four weeks. It had been terrible especially what he did to Simisola and Kayla. They didn’t deserve any of it. He smacked his forehead as his eyes got ready for another round of tear bath. That image of Simisola he saw when he left home three days ago still haunted him and whenever it flashed before him, it drew tears from his eyes. How could he have done that to his dearest wife? What demon possessed him? He rubbed his wet eyes.

But no demon possessed him and neither had it been entirely his fault. Everything started with Sharon’s call on the day Simisola and Ngozi were involved in the auto accident. He remembered how the conversation had gone ...

“Hope you got my souvenir, sweetheart?” Sharons voice seeped through the earpiece.

“I’ve told you never to call me your sweetheart again, Sharon. I am NOT your sweetheart! Is that such a difficult thing to understand?” Yemi snapped at her.
“And by the way, what souvenir are we talking about here?”

“The accident.”

“What?! You did that?”

“I did warn you that disobedience would have consequences. Well, that was just a tip of the iceberg—”

Yemi jumped to his feet. “How could you do that, Sharon? I will—”

“SHUT UP!” The scream almost ruptured his eardrum. He quickly yanked the phone off his ear. “Now listen and listen good, Yemi. The next time you raise your voice at me, I will mail you your wife’s left arm!” There was a deadly lilt to her voice that sent cold shivers down his spine.

Yemi’s aggression melted instantly. His legs began to shake. He slowly sat down and listened carefully with drooping eyes.

“You think you are smart?” she continued. “I gave you a simple instruction and instead of carrying it out, you hired private security for your wife.” She chuckled mischievously. “You think they could protect her? You are a big fool, Yemi. Where were they when I had fun with her brakes? That was only a small message from me. Next time, she won’t be so fortunate, I can assure you of that ...”

Yemi listened open-eyed. His hands trembled and his palms sweated.

“Now, here are my instructions: when your wife returns home, you are to make her life miserable—”

“Ah! But she’s still in the hospital—”

“Oh-oh, don’t tell me you want to cry, sweetheart. You know I cannot bear that.” She sounded empathetic. “Well, I’m not that wicked. I know she’s at the hospital and that’s why I said when she returns from the hospital. Next time, listen properly.”

“Sharon, please don’t do this. Can we leave my wife out of this? Let this be between you and me. I beg you.”

She chuckled again. “And who says it’s not between you and me? Didn’t you read from the Holy Book that a man and his wife are one flesh? So, biblically speaking, anything I do to Simisola I do to you. Anyways, it adds fun to the game.”

“Fun? Game? Sharon, please—” Yemi felt like his insides had been set ablaze. He glanced at the air conditioner and saw it was working perfectly.

“SHUT UP!!!” Yemi quickly yanked the phone off his ear again. His eardrum vibrated painfully and kept buzzing for another thirty seconds. “Now listen very well ‘cos I’m not going to repeat myself. You must do exactly what I told you to do. I don’t need to spell it out to you how to do that—keep late nights, don’t eat at home, pick up fights at the slightest provocation—however you want to do it. I don’t care. Just do it!” She paused for some seconds and added, “Now, check your phone.”

Even before she finished speaking, Yemi started hearing the chiming sound of his WhatsApp notification. He switched the phone to speaker mode and opened the app. The beads of sweat that glistened on his forehead tripled at once. Sharon just sent him pictures capturing Simisola’s every movement on different occasions up till the time of the accident and as she was being rushed to the hospital after the accident. He was equally surprised to see himself and Yinka dashing into the hospital.

Sharon’s devilish voice buzzed out of the speaker, “That’s to let you know that I know Simisola’s daily routine and can predict her every move. Even yours. Now I know you’ve doubled the security at the hospital as we speak but you and I know that can’t stop me.” She paused for impact and continued, “Oh, don’t think I have forgotten little Kayla in all of this. I just don’t want to increase your blood pressure, darling; at least, not for now. I don’t need to remind you of what I can do. Do I?”

The tremor in Yemi’s hands increased and the pen in his hand fell off to the desk.

“Oh, sweetheart, your pen just dropped. Pick it up.” It was the empathetic voice again.

Yemi picked up the pen but it kept dropping off. Yet he kept picking it up. He started hearing the throbbing of his heart loud and clear and his head began to ache.

Sharon satisfied that the impact of the pictures had sunk deep into Yemi, continued, “And lest I forget, tell anybody or inform the police at your own peril. Have I made myself clear?!”

Yemi nodded vigorously. He had forgotten that Sharon was not in the same room with him.

“HAVE I MADE MYSELF CLEAR?!”

“Yes, ma!” Yemi trembled.

“You know I don’t like hurting you, sweetheart. Why did you make me shout at you? You know it breaks my heart whenever I do that to you, love,” Her voice now sounded delicate and compassionate. “I feel like crying now.”

Yemi could hear her sniff in an effort to prevent herself from crying. But the next minute her voice was hard again.

“Remember, there will be consequences for disobedience!” The next set of words came out as soft as wool, “I love you, sweetheart. I can die for you. Byeeeee.”

She ended with a kiss.

That was how the conversation went. One second, Sharon’s voice was cold, in fact, deadly, and the next it was warm and endearing—just like a maniac.

Yemi’s head had ached seriously after the call just like it was aching now. He wiped away the drops of tears that was about to roll off his eyes. He had done all he did to protect Simisola and Kayla. Yet everyone saw him as a monster. Sharon had made her threats clear and had driven her message home by orchestrating the accident that almost claimed Simisola’s and Ngozi’s lives.

He had carried out the instructions with so much pain in his heart. There was no night he went to bed without crying deeply for what he was doing to his family. He usually sneaked into the nursery whenever he could and smiled down on Kayla as she slept and hurried out whenever he heard footsteps approaching. Those periods that Simisola noticed that he had left her side in the middle of the nights and she had attributed it to his weird behaviour were actually spent behind closed doors, crying his eyes out.

His only solace had been the family photo frame he clutched to his chest every night and wept over. If not for the glass protecting it, the picture would have become discolorated by the constant tears dropping on it. If only Simisola, Yinka, Ngozi, and his parents knew what pain he carried in his heart, perhaps their perception of him would be different. But how could he tell them when the safety of his family was at stake? He had carried the grief in his heart for so long but today he could take it no more. He would not continue to inflict pain on his loved ones and himself. Enough was enough!

He parked at a corner of the road. The place was quiet and he felt it was a nice place to clear his head before deciding on the next line of action. He couldn’t just go and pick his wife and daughter without a concrete plan of what to do next. It would be a stupid thing to do. He relaxed his head on the headrest and thought hard.

After a while, he brought out his phone. His fingers scrolled through his contacts and stopped on Yinka. Who else could he count on at a time like this if not Yinkus the Aristotle?

To be continued ... Watch Out for the Next Episode!

NB: The book is NOW AVAILABLE on online stores. For those who don't want to wait for each episode to be released, get the book here:

1. OKADABOOKS: https://okadabooks.com/book/about/jewel_from_the_ghetto_2_the_return_of_shakirah/26442

2. SMASHWORDS: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/930731

Àdùkẹ́!
...My Story, My World.

Like my Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/adukestories/

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 12:51am On Apr 20, 2019
EPISODE 18
(CHAPTER ELEVEN)

Lekki, The Williamses’ Residence, Same Time.

Simisola, Mr and Mrs Williams, as well as Ngozi and Yinka who had come to check on Simisola, were all in the majestic sitting room. Kayla was seated on her mother’s lap, babbling. The atmosphere wasn’t as gloomy as what used to obtain at Yemi’s house. A movie playing on the 105-inch television set held their attention. There was a smile on everyone’s lips, even Simisola's. At times like this, they tried not to dwell on the matter at hand; that would be for another time. The task at hand now was to get Simisola’s mind off it as much as possible while they worked underground to get to the bottom of the matter.

Yinka’s attention was soon drawn away from the TV when his phone started ringing. He pulled the phone out of his pocket and was shocked when he saw Yemi’s name appeared on the screen. It was a first in close to five weeks!

“Ah!” he exclaimed with his eyes still locked on the phone in his hand.

“What?” Everyone turned their attention to him.

“It’s Yemi!”

Simisola quickly shifted to the edge of the seat and with yearning eyes, she craned her neck towards the phone as if we wanted to enter into it.

Mr Williams swiped the remote control from the table and muted the volume of the TV. “Pick it,” he whispered and signalled with his hand at the same time.

Yinka picked it just before the ringing stopped and put it on speaker mode. Everyone listened attentively.

Yemi’s voice came out of the speaker, “Yinka, I’m sooorrrry ...” Everyone exchanged glances. Why Yemi was crying!

He continued, “I’m sorry for hitting you. Yinka, I need your help. All that has happened has not been deliberate. You know how much I love my wife and my daughter ... You know I wouldn’t intentionally subject them to such pain. I was forced to do it because Simisola and Kayla are in danger if I don’t play along. I cried every night watching what my actions were doing to them. Yinka, I’m not the monster you think I am.” His voice started shaking with the cry.

“It’s okay, Yemi. I know you are not a monster. Yes, I know.” Yinka cast a quick glance across the room.
Mr and Mrs Williams were in each other’s arms with eyes locked on the phone. Simisola was now standing with hands pressed hard against her cheeks. Her mouth formed an ‘O’ and tears streamed down her cheeks unhindered. Ngozi was carrying Kayla. All her attention was also focused on the phone in Yinka’s hand.

“Yinka, we need to see ASAP. I can’t give you all the details on the phone.”

“Okay. Where are you now?”

“I’m close to our estate.”

“By the way, who’s behind this?”

“Oh, Mrs Abimbola ...” Yemi sounded distracted and the next second he sounded agitated. “Gun?! Please wait ... please don’t shoot!”

“What is happening, Yemi? Yemi! Yemi!” Everyone ran to the phone at once, screaming in one voice.

What they heard next made the world crumble down on them.

“Please don’t shoot... no... no ... please .... noooooooo!”

There were sounds of two shots, the shattering of glass, and Yemi’s penetrating scream. Then, the phone went dead.

“Yemi! Yemi!! Yemiscoli!!!” Yinka kept on screaming and when there was no answer, his stare went blank and the phone dropped off to the floor, shattering on impact.

Simisola gave an ear-splitting scream and hit the floor like a felled tree. She fainted before hitting the ground. Mrs Williams hit the ground hard on her buttocks, too shocked to scream or say anything. Yinka and Mr Williams rushed over to Simisola. Yinka lifted her up and raced towards the exit. “Get the car key!” he screamed. Mr Williams picked up the key and raced after him. The series of screams set Kayla off and she responded with a loud cry of her own. Ngozi quickly took her inside, away from the pandemonium and tried to pacify the little angel.

NB: The book is NOW AVAILABLE on online stores. For those who don't want to wait for each episode to be released, get the book here:

1. OKADABOOKS: https://okadabooks.com/book/about/jewel_from_the_ghetto_2_the_return_of_shakirah/26442

Àdùkẹ́!
...My Story, My World.

2 Likes

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by YoungBruzzy(m): 3:27am On Apr 20, 2019
Some people are just wicked!! Well, kudos to Mr James for this wonderful story..

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by babajeje123(m): 7:32am On Apr 20, 2019
OP, you're one in a million! I read your episodes as if I'm watching a movie. And yes, your stories are movie-worthy. I don't even know what to say bro. Could you please give me more? God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by becca2017(f): 8:28am On Apr 20, 2019
Ahhhhh!! Pa James, pls nothing must happen to Yemiskoli oh, or else ehn, i'll just enter your mind and copy out the story ni.. btw thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by rukidanty: 8:46am On Apr 20, 2019
JamesKudooski:

Wow, rukidanty! You are welcome, sis. I've been expecting you for long. Longest time. Trust you are doing good. And I'm happy you are enjoying this story too.
i am good and enjoying the wonderful work you are doing

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by rukidanty: 9:04am On Apr 20, 2019
thanks for the update.. you're really s wonderful writer. look at the Way you twisted the whole situation.. can't wait for the next update

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by skubido(m): 3:18pm On Apr 20, 2019
Tanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by izaray(f): 9:01pm On Apr 20, 2019
Weldone buddy

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by pweetygiftofGod(f): 9:59pm On Apr 20, 2019
embarassed

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by Lilly4endu(f): 10:33pm On Apr 20, 2019
Oh God!! i hope my Yemi is okay, I don't want story oooh.

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by mhiznickydayne(f): 12:34am On Apr 21, 2019
Yemi should better be safe...This story has made me get addicted to nairaland and I just can't continue being a ghost reader ��.Thanks for the update @JamesKusdooski your brain will never run out of idea.Keep it up bro �

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by Ann2012(f): 1:12am On Apr 21, 2019
Thanks for the update boss

Hope Yemi is OK?

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by skubido(m): 2:12pm On Apr 21, 2019
Ann2012:

Hope Yemi is OK?

He better be oooo

2 Likes

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 10:45pm On Apr 21, 2019
YoungBruzzy:
Some people are just wicked!! Well, kudos to Mr James for this wonderful story..

Thanks, bro.
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 10:47pm On Apr 21, 2019
babajeje123:
OP, you're one in a million! I read your episodes as if I'm watching a movie. And yes, your stories are movie-worthy. I don't even know what to say bro. Could you please give me more? God bless you.

Awwwww! Babajeje123, thanks a lot. You are bursting my head. shocked shocked shocked. I really appreciate the compliments. Comments like this keep me going.
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 10:49pm On Apr 21, 2019
becca2017:
Ahhhhh!! Pa James, pls nothing must happen to Yemiskoli oh, or else ehn, i'll just enter your mind and copy out the story ni.. btw thanks for the update

Lol! Becca2017! Mind ke? cheesy

I also pray nothing happens to Yemi oooo. But you never can tell. It's a wicked world, you know!
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 10:49pm On Apr 21, 2019
rukidanty:
i am good and enjoying the wonderful work you are doing

Glad you're good!
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 10:50pm On Apr 21, 2019
rukidanty:
thanks for the update.. you're really s wonderful writer. look at the Way you twisted the whole situation.. can't wait for the next update

I appreciate the compliments, sis.
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 10:51pm On Apr 21, 2019
skubido:
Tanks for the update

Skubido, I feel you, my broda.

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 10:51pm On Apr 21, 2019
izaray:
Welcome buddy

wink
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 10:52pm On Apr 21, 2019
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 10:53pm On Apr 21, 2019
Lilly4endu:
Oh God!! i hope my Yemi is okay, I don't want story oooh.

I pray he's okay too ooo, Lilly4endu
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 10:58pm On Apr 21, 2019
mhiznickydayne:
Yemi should better be safe...This story has made me get addicted to nairaland and I just can't continue being a ghost reader ��.Thanks for the update @JamesKusdooski your brain will never run out of idea.Keep it up bro �

Oh, mhiznickydayne! I'm very glad you left your ghost mode. I'm flattered that my story made you addicted to Nairaland.

I appreciate the compliments and prayer too. Thank you a lot.

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 10:58pm On Apr 21, 2019
Ann2012:

Hope Yemi is OK?

wink
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 10:59pm On Apr 21, 2019
skubido:

He better be oooo

wink
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 10:59pm On Apr 21, 2019
FRESH EPISODES LOADING...
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 11:16pm On Apr 21, 2019
EPISODE 19
(CHAPTER TWELVE)

HOURS LATER, THE POLICE swung to action. Mr Williams had called the Inspection General (IG) of Police while at the hospital. Fortunately, they were able to rush Simisola there in time and Doctor Bello and the nurses were able to revive her.

The IG had wasted no time in calling the Police Commissioner for the state who in turn put Inspector Stephen on the case. This was a high profile case and the police force was interested in getting to the bottom. In no time, they were able to track down Yemi’s Range Rover to the spot of the incident.

The driver’s door was ajar and its window was shattered. Tiny square shards of glass littered the seat, floor, and the ground outside the car. Two bullets shells laid on the floor below the seat. There were blood stains but Yemi’s body was nowhere to be found. Forensic scientists set to work, processing the crime scene for evidence.

The police wasted no time in making their first set of arrests. Mrs Abimbola was the prime suspect. Not only had she made a series of threats in the past—some dating as far back as five years—her name was the only name Yemi mentioned before the gunshots were heard. Yinka’s phone had incidentally recorded the conversation. Thank God that the phone still worked fine after he coupled the pieces together.

The case involved two high-profile personalities, hence it was difficult for Mr Abimbola to influence the case. Mrs Abimbola remained in police custody.

Yemi’s eyes opened about forty-five minutes later. He tried to move his arms but realised they had been tied behind his back. A burning pain around his ankle told him same had been done to his legs, but this time, it felt like the rope was eating into his flesh. He tried to scream but a duct tape fastened over his mouth muffled the sound. His head hurt. Blood trickled down the side of his face from a gash on his temple. It was where one of his abductors had hit him with the butt of his pistol after snatching the phone from his hand. The brute had fired two shots at the window so as to reach him because the window was wound up. His partner, now driving, had not been pleased with him. That was a reckless thing to do. He might have missed and buried the bullets into Yemi’s skull instead. All he needed to do was to smash the window with the butt of the pistol without unnecessarily drawing attention with the shots. His displeasure resulted into an argument as they sped along Lagos-Ibadan Express Way. In fact, it was their voices that woke Yemi from his slumber.

From the back seat where they dumped him, Yemi managed to peep through the tinted window and could make out the landscape; they were approaching Sagamu Bypass. His movement created a sound that drew the attention of the trigger-happy guy beside the driver. He turned back and pointed the muzzle of the pistol down Yemis head. He cocked it. Yemi felt two drops of urine soaked into his pant. “Stay down or I will blow off your skull!” But before Yemi could comply, he sent another blow to his temple and Yemi blacked out for the rest of the journey.

Instead of heading straight towards Ibadan, the army green Mercedes Benz ML 4matic SUV made a right turn to connect the bridge linking Papalanto Road. They soon drove past Olam and Nestle factories and slowly descended a hill into Papalanto Roada road that had become a death trap. The vehicle swayed left and right as it navigated bumps and potholes, and ascended and descended hilly spots. There were places the road evened out and was smooth. At such places, the driver stepped hard on the throttle to which the engine responded with a roar.

The road was lonely because motorists avoided it like plagues. The deadly silence was only occasionally punctured by the intimidating honking and swooshing sounds of cement trucks racing past them and at other times by the chirpings of birds. Both sides of the road were lined with vast estates that had beautifully constructed, ginormous gates but were dense bushes inhabited by crickets, frogs, snakes and other animals. The story behind the estates was that plots in them were sold to people using beautiful 3D image designs on flyers and computer screens without them knowing that the real stuff were bushes and ‘forests’ in secluded places. Many of the buyers had never attempted visiting again after their first visits.

After what looked like a hell ride, the vehicle turned into one of the estates. Like many others, the estate had a beautiful, massive gate and a perimeter fence. But inside was a thick bush, more like a forest, that had a paved road extending from the gate into the depth of the ‘forest’. After driving for about ten minutes, they drove into an expansive clearing that was a world of its own. Nobody would ever imagine that such a paradise existed in such a place!

The property was a ten-hectare expanse of land, fenced all around, and masterfully designed and equipped to make life blissful. Well-tended lawns and natural pastures beautifully carpeted the ground with flourishing green grass. Butterflies hovered over blossoming gardens covered with brilliant flowers. The trees were well-trimmed and formed a protective canopy that added naturalness to the serene environment. The golden rays of sunlight filtering through the foliage created a fascinating scenery that delighted the eyes. The pleasant scent of herbs and sweet-smelling perfume of flowers played host to the nose. And as the soothing breeze sliced through the branches of the trees, the rustle of the leaves blended with bird songs to produce soul-lifting music.

At the centre stood a fifteen-room lush mansion. The whispering-palm-lined interlocking driveway, extending from the automatic gate, swirled around a tastefully sculpted water fountain few yards from the main entrance of the mansion. A garage stood to the right and an Olympic-size swimming pool graced the rear of the building. On the first floor was the large, glass-walled master bedroom overlooking a mini zoo. And from there a small amusement park was visible. A golf course majestically sat on the east, bordering a football pitch and basketball and lawn tennis courts. At the far end of the property, extending to the rear fence, was a conservation area where the animals were allowed to live in the wild. The property was powered by two big generators alternating day and night. Being in a place like this filled one with a feeling of being in one of those Beverly Hills vacation homes. There were several armed security guards, maids, and workers moving around.

The SUV got to the gate and honked. After a few seconds, the gate opened on its own and they drove in. Yemi woke up immediately they drove through the gate. The blissfulness of his surroundings must have woken him up. The vehicle went around the fountain and parked a few yards from the main door. The men untied him, brought him down from the car, and ushered him into the house. He limped as he walked, sandwiched between the two of them; he had a cramp. His head ached.

They stood him in the middle of the expansive sitting room, facing the stairs that led upstairs. His heart thudded against the cage in his chest violently as he fixed his gaze on the stairs, anxiously waiting for whoever would show up. He grimaced. The pounding in his head intensified and his brain sent pain signals to his joints.

Soon, he heard footsteps and Sharon emerged, full of smiles. Setting his eyes on her, his shoulders dropped and he let out a sigh. She wore a silvery spaghetti gown that was tight fitting from the bust to the hips and flared down from her knees. It covered her feet and swept the floor behind her. Her presence released a lovely scent into the atmosphere that even Yemi’s tired nose could not ignore. Her fluffy little American Eskimo wagged her tail behind her.

She was flanked by a dark-skinned, simple, meek-looking lady that Yemi later learnt was her personal bodyguard and the deadliest human on the entire property! Yemi spotted a cut mark at a corner of the bodyguard’s mouth.

Sharon ran down the stairs with open arms. “Welcome home, darling.” The joy and the satisfaction of having Yemi with her were evident on her face. As she cleared the last step and her eyes settled on the gash on his temple, she stopped in her tracks. The happiness left her face. Her eyes narrowed, darting from one face to the other.

“Who did that?” She pointed to the injury.

The men shifted from leg to leg and averted her eyes. The one on the right pointed to the second one. He was too scared to talk.

Her gaze settled on Adam. “But I told you not to hurt him.” Her voice was low but carried enough venom that could incapacitate.

“I had to knock him out for safety reasons, ma.”

“You did what?” She snatched the glass cup from her bodyguard’s hand in a fit of rage. “You fool!” And flung it at him.

Adam ducked. The cup whooshed past him and shattered into a thousand pieces some feet away.

“Next time, that won’t be a glass cup. It will be a bullet and I won’t miss!”

“Sorry, ma.” Adam pleaded. His voice trembled.

“Now get out of here!”

The two men scurried out.

Sharon walked briskly towards Yemi. She saw anger and resentment deeply seated in his eyes.

“Ah-ah!” She made a face and smiled, “Darling, are you angry with me? Okay, I’m sorry. Come, give your sweetheart a hug.” She opened her arms wide as she got closer.

Yemi didn’t respond; his hands stayed down.

Unabashed, she wrapped her arms around him, nestled her head on his shoulder, closed her eyes, and drew in a deep breath. She squeezed him tighter in her embrace as she released her breath slowly in satisfaction, but Yemi’s arms hung by his sides like logs of wood. She pulled her head away from his shoulder, looked straight into his eyes, and rubbed his cheeks gently. She wiped the blood with her palm. Yemi didn’t move a muscle; he just watched on with a disoriented look.

“Are you still angry with me?” she asked in a soft tone. “But I already said I was sorry.”

Yemi forced himself to talk, “Sharon, look at me ... I’m bleeding, I’m tired, and I’m in pains. Can I get a little rest, please, before all this?” The words came out a little louder than a whisper.

“Oh, oh, oh, don’t mind me, darling. I got carried away. You won’t blame me. I’ve waited for this day for too long.” She turned to her bodyguard. “Gee, please arranged for Yemi’s injury to be taken care of, get the maids to prepare the jacuzzi, and inform the cooks not to bother cooking. I will cook for my sweetheart myself.”

“Yes, ma’am.”

Sharon took a thorough look at Yemi and she couldn’t agree more that he needed serious mending. He looked completely dishevelled. His shirt was rumpled with blood stains decorating it. His fair skin had turned pink and the reddish blisters around his wrists and ankles were as visible as bracelets and anklets.

Gee didn’t have to leave to ensure the instructions were carried out. She called the butler and handed down the instructions to him. A few minutes later, Yemi was ushered away to be cared for.

Àdùkẹ́!
...My Story, My World.

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 11:43pm On Apr 21, 2019
EPISODE 20
(CHAPTER TWELVE)

When Sharon came in to inform him that dinner was ready, it was only 7 p.m. but she found Yemi sprawled out in the bed. From where she stood by the bedside, the cotton wool and plaster on his temple were visible. She watched him for five full minutes and didn’t spot any movement, not even the slightest twitch of a muscle. Nonetheless, the sound of his deep breath was loud and clear. Her lips rewarded her feeling of satisfaction with a broad smile. She turned back and left. There was no need for disturbing his peaceful sleep. Tomorrow was another day.

The rays of the sun shone through the glass wall directly into Yemi’s face. He grimaced and stretched his extremities. He sat up and realised it was morning. The aches had subsided considerably. He got out of bed. Something on the wardrobe caught his attention and he walked up to it. He opened the wardrobe and was surprised to find it filled with different types of clothes—all his perfect size and taste! Sharon, no doubt, knew him more than he realised!

He walked to the glass wall and resting his head and armed on it, he watched the happenings below. The sun beautifully shone over the zoo, its rays also bouncing off the calm blue surface of the swimming pool bordering it. The zoo came to life with the animals getting ready for their daily routine while the pool calmly awaited the arrival of the first body that would agitate its water. Enhanced by the trees and flowers stretching as far as his eyes could see, the beauty was entrancing. But Yemi had more on his mind than the picturesqueness of the image staring at him.

He was deep in his thought when Sharon entered with two cups of coffee. She was still in her night robe. The flowing silky robe added a warm appeal to her beauty.

“You are awake, sweetheart. Hope you enjoyed your first night here?” Her voice startled him.

He turned around and she handed him one of the cups. He collected the coffee, stirred it and after looking at it thoughtfully for some seconds, he decided against taking it. He walked to the stool by the bed and placed the cup on it carefully.

Sharon watched him as she sipped hers. “You thought I would poison you?”

He cleared his throat and asked the question that had been on his mind since he woke up.

“Sharon, where am I?”

Sharon walked to the wall and looked outside through the glass, turning her back on him.

“Everywhere in the middle of nowhere,” she answered, her look trained on the animals in the zoo below. She took another sip.

“What do you mean by everywhere in the middle of nowhere?” He was confused.

“Simple.” She turned around and walked towards him. “Everywhere because you can be everywhere you want to be here—church, football pitch, golf course, zoo, amusement park, night club, cinema—just name it. This place is a world of its own, a miniature of the bigger world. A paradise even. It has everything you can ever think of except the rowdiness and craziness of the outside world, of course ...”

Yemi, however, found the last part difficult to believe. Sharon was enough craziness to nullify that assertion.

“And it is in the middle of nowhere,” she continued, “because it is completely cut off from the outside world!”

Yemi felt a surge of heat flushed through him. He swallowed. Sharon walked past him and headed for the door.

“Get dressed. We are taking a tour of this paradise. You have twenty-five minutes!” She stopped at the door. “Yemi,” she paused. “This is Garden of Eden.” She shut the door behind her.

Yemi sank into the bed and cupped his face in his hands.

Two hours later, Sharon and Yemi came back from the tour. Even Yemi agreed that the place was truly a paradisiac world of its own. But as wonderful as the place was, it was the last place he wanted to be right now. All he wanted was to be home with his wife and daughter.

They were now back in the glass-walled master bedroom. Gee stayed guard at the door. Yemi saw Sharon’s eyes glowed with excitement.

“You will love it here. Believe me, sweetheart.” The lilt of excitement in her voice complemented the one in her eyes. “There is something I want to show you. I’m sure you will love it.” She sashayed to the wardrobe.

Yemi shot her a quizzical look.

She brought out a wedding gown. She held it close to her body and swung left and right. “Isn’t it gorgeous?”

Yemi choked on the water he was drinking. He coughed. “What do you need a wedding gown for?”

“Our wedding, of course.” Next, she brought out a suit bag, unzipped it to reveal a bespoke wedding suit. “And here is your suit. I had it specially made for you. You should try it on. It will look fantastic on you.”

“What?!”

“We are getting married next week in the chapel. I have made all the arrangements already. It would have been earlier but I need to wait for your injury to heal. I can’t stand a plastered temple in our wedding pictures.”

“This is ridiculous, Sharon!”

Sharon walked to the glass wall. “What is ridiculous about living happily in a paradise home? See, I had this place designed for us—you, me, and our children. It took me six years and a great deal of artistic ingenuity to put it all together.” She pointed to the amusement park. “I had that built so that our kids can have a wonderful life.” A gentle smile lit up her face as she said the words.

Yemi watched her lips as if he was listening to the rantings of a mad woman. She walked back to the sofa and sat beside Yemi, resting her head on his shoulder.

“You see, sweetheart, this is the perfect life. Just like I have always wanted it—a blissful life with my Prince Charming in a fairy tale home. Isn’t that wonderful?”

“I already have a wife and a daughter. Don’t you get it, Sharon?!” Yemi yelled and shoved her away.

“A wife that stole you away for me! That marriage was not to be in the first place!” she yelled back.

“I can see that you are suffering from a chronic case of Illusion Psychosis, Sharon! Count me out of this madness.” Yemi got up and started walking towards the door.

Sharon flared up. She sprang up, stomped her feet on the ground, and screamed at the top of her voice, “Yemi, you dare not walk away from me!”

Yemi ignored her and continued walking to the door.
“Gee!” she yelled.

Her bodyguard emerged and blocked the doorway. “Please go back, sir.” Her voice was as gentle as her look.

Yemi felt insulted that of all the muscled guards all Sharon could do was to call a fragile lady to stop him from stepping out. He scoffed. “And if I don’t?” He flexed his muscles.

“Please, I repeat, go back, sir.”

“Will you—”

The words hung in his throat. He didn’t see what hit him. Gees leg flickered out and in swiftly like a cobra’s tongue. It was just too fast for him. The only thing he knew what that he felt something hit hard on his chest and he slid back into the room and fell at Sharon’s feet with a strong thud. He squinched his face, held his chest, and started coughing. He managed a glance at Gee and saw her standing with her hands behind her back and a straight face as if she had not moved a muscle at all. He looked up at Sharon. He could swear she was breathing fire.

“Get up, Yemi!”

He got on his feet and a slap from Sharon sent him back to the ground. He saw stars. The next few seconds, hell went loose. He had not seen such an enraged woman in his life.

“Now, time for a little introduction. Please meet Gee.” Sharon gestured towards Gee. “Like you must have noticed, she’s my personal bodyguard and Head of Security here. Don’t let her gentle look deceive you. She’s a martial arts and weapons expert, the deadliest human here, apart from me, of course.”

Yemi would have watched on with open eyes but one of the eyes was already swollen shut. He crouched at the foot of the bed trying to absorb the pain from his burning chest. After Sharon and Gee left, he climbed into the bed, whimpering.

Five minutes later, the door opened and Sharon walked in with a bowl of hot water, some ice blocks, and first aid kits. She sat on the bed with him and tended his wounds. She was as gentle and empathetic as anyone could be. Throughout the process, she kept begging for his forgiveness and reassuring him of how much she loved him. Yemi saw the sincerity in her eyes and at a point, she was crying. ‘What kind of woman is this?’ Yemi wondered. She was definitely a troubled woman—an obsessed woman!

Àdùkẹ́!
...My Story, My World.

2 Likes

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by rukidanty: 8:12am On Apr 22, 2019
thanks for the update and it's really intriguing

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply)

Oretunlewa Soyinka And Nneka Ekechukwu's Wedding In Atlanta (Photos) / You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio / Five Books You Must Have Read As A Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.