Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,210 members, 7,807,718 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:58 PM

Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah (55244 Views)

You Can Now Read The Full Version Of Jewel From The Ghetto 2: The Return Of Shak / I Fit Be Second Jesus(sex Na Food 2)the Return Of Spana By Youngzubi / Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by genius43(m): 8:14am On Apr 22, 2019
Sharon is a special kind of crazy.

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by skubido(m): 8:27am On Apr 22, 2019
Sincerity for her eyes, abeg who her sincerity wan EPP,
Make yemi no dey reason her eyes ooo. Her sincerity don die tay tay, yemi u better jara e..

Brotherly Tanks a lot for the update, jah bless

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by moseph(f): 9:08am On Apr 22, 2019
Thanks for the update.

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by becca2017(f): 9:12am On Apr 22, 2019
Thanks a lot for the update sir..

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by Ann2012(f): 10:17am On Apr 22, 2019
Sharon is just obsessed, hope Yemi will escape from her?

Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by Nobody: 10:44am On Apr 22, 2019
Ann2012:

Thanks for the update

The Ann2012 they get time for 18+ romance story ehn! i doubt if she will av time for sex .... i no go talk anthing
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by Ann2012(f): 11:20am On Apr 22, 2019
ericsmith:

The Ann2012 they get time for 18+ romance story ehn! i doubt if she will av time for sex .... i no go talk anthing

cool
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by aprilwise(m): 1:05pm On Apr 22, 2019
The beginning of the story right from part1 Sharon was not in the picture . As it seems she is an ex. Pls give us more light on Sharon. Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by Lilly4endu(f): 8:12pm On Apr 22, 2019
wahala dey!! We go see danger

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by pweetygiftofGod(f): 9:24am On Apr 23, 2019
It's gonna be a long day, what a nightmare

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by izaray(f): 11:17am On Apr 23, 2019
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 10:08pm On Apr 23, 2019
rukidanty:
thanks for the update and it's really intriguing

UWC, rukidanty
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 10:08pm On Apr 23, 2019
genius43:
Sharon is a special kind of crazy.

You can say that again

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 10:09pm On Apr 23, 2019
skubido:
Sincerity for her eyes, abeg who her sincerity wan EPP,
Make yemi no dey reason her eyes ooo. Her sincerity don die tay tay, yemi u better jara e..

Brotherly Tanks a lot for the update, jah bless

cheesy
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 10:09pm On Apr 23, 2019
moseph:
Thanks for the update.

UWC, my sister.
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 10:11pm On Apr 23, 2019
becca2017:
Thanks a lot for the update sir..

UWC, Dear.
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 10:11pm On Apr 23, 2019
Ann2012:

Thanks for the update

I hope and pray so oooo.
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 10:14pm On Apr 23, 2019
aprilwise:
The beginning of the story right from part1 Sharon was not in the picture . As it seems she is an ex. Pls give us more light on Sharon. Thanks for the update

Aprilwise, as you noted, Sharon is a new character introduced into the story but don't worry, you will get to really know her as the story unfolds.

Expect other newly introduced characters too but you will get to know them well before the story concludes.
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 10:15pm On Apr 23, 2019
Lilly4endu:
wahala dey!! We go see danger

Yes oooo, wahala dey!
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 10:16pm On Apr 23, 2019
pweetygiftofGod:
It's gonna be a long day, what a nightmare

I agree with you, dear. A really really long day.

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 10:17pm On Apr 23, 2019
izaray:
Thanks for the update

Izaray, UWC.
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 10:17pm On Apr 23, 2019
FRESH EPISODES LOADING...
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 10:34pm On Apr 23, 2019
EPISODE 21
(CHAPTER THIRTEEN)

Lagos State Police Command Head Quarters, Ikeja, Lagos. Office of the Lagos State Commissioner of Police.

INSPECTOR STEPHEN SAT IN the waiting room with a set of two manila files sitting on his laps. His eyes drifted to the wall clock again; he had been waiting for close to two hours for his turn to be called in. The Commissioner had summoned him to his office to give a progress report on the case. His eyes were locked on the door. And then, the door opened and a police officer with files tucked under his armpit came out. A few seconds later, the secretary informed him that he could go in.

He saluted and stood to attention while waiting for the Commissioner to wrap up his telephone conversation. His glance darted all over the beautifully furnished office. The police boss sat relaxed behind a well-arranged, shining mahogany desk and the Nigerian and Police flags stood behind him. On the wall above his head hung the portraits of the Nigerian President and the Lagos State Governor. The cosiness was crowned with a sweet scent that romanced his nose. More so, the air was cold and refreshing, unlike the burning heat the sun unleashed outside.

The five-feet-ten police boss ended his call and put him at ease. He offered him a seat. Inspector Stephen admired the man’s dress sense. Even at fifty-nine, he looked smart in his uniform and Inspector Stephen pictured himself taking after him if he ever made it to the rank of Police Commissioner someday.

“Stephen, fill me in.”

Inspector Stephen presented his boss with one of the files in his hands and a flash drive. “Here’s a copy of the case file, sir. It contains my report and the evidence we have gathered on the case so far.”

He opened the duplicate copy of the file in front of him and began his report. He explained that they had arrested the prime suspect, Mrs Ibironke Abimbola, who had not been cooperative. She maintained that she was innocent and had nothing to do with the attack on Yemi and his disappearance throughout all the interrogation sessions.

“Is it Mrs Abimbola, the wife of the billionaire business tycoon we are talking about here?” the Commissioner interrupted him.

“Yes, sir.”

“Hmmm.” The Commissioner moved to the edge of his seat. “Stephen, we need to be careful here. We can’t afford any boo-boos with this calibre of people. Are you sure you have your facts rights?”

“Yes, sir”. Inspector Stephen flipped to page four of the report. “We have overwhelming evidence against her, sir. She had threatened the Williams family both verbally and in written form over the years. What we noticed is that the threats became more frequent and audacious in the months leading to the crime, sir. You will find the evidence on pages four to ten of the report, sir.”

The Commissioner flipped through the pages of the report in his front. “I see.”

“Also sir, a recorded telephone conversation between Yemi and his friend put Mrs Abimbola at the crime scene just seconds before the incident.”

“Really?” The police boss seemed especially interested in that piece of evidence. “And did you confront her with the evidence?”

“Yes, sir.”

“And?”

“She agreed that she was actually at the crime scene at that particular time, sir.”

“And did she say what she was doing there at that time?”

“She said she was on her way to visit a friend when she saw Yemi’s car parked by the side of the road. So, she parked her car at the other side of the road and crossed over to approach him but stopped when two men suddenly walked towards his car and fired two shots at him. She said she ran away immediately she heard the gunshots.”

“Hmmm.” The Commissioner nodded. “Did she tell you why she approached him in the first place?”

“She said she just wanted to say ‘hi’ which I found very difficult to believe, sir.”

“Really? To say ‘hi’?”

“I find it ridiculous that she would park her car in the middle of the road just to say ‘hi’ to someone she had threatened brimstone and fire against, sir. And just seconds after that the victim was shot.”

“Could she identify any of the men or say what happened to the body?”

“She said she ran immediately she heard the gunshots and didn’t wait to see the faces of the attackers or what happened next. Sir, I believe that woman knows more than she is telling us.”

“Is there a motive?”

“Absolutely, sir. The more reason I believe she’s culpable. Her motive has always been vengeance for the purported wrong the Williams family did to her by sending her daughter to prison. And when the opportunity came, she struck. Motive plus opportunity: a perfect recipe for a crime, sir.”

“Did you send the forensic team to the scene?”

“Yes, sir. We still await their results.”

“Good. I will go through your report and let you know if I have any inputs. Stephen, we need to get to the bottom of this case as quickly as possible. This is a high profile case and I am already getting serious pressure from the IG. Get your men out there and comb every nook and cranny. Chances are that Yemi may still be alive out there.”

“Yes, sir.”

“You may leave now.”

Inspector Stephen got up, saluted his boss and headed for the door. As he was about turning the knob, he heard the Commissioner call his name. He turned around.

“Sir.”

“I want results and I want progress report every twenty-four hours.” These last words came out with a stern voice.

“Yes, sir.” He suddenly felt the coldness of the knob.
The door opened and he left.

To be continued ... Watch Out for the Next Episode!

NB: The book is NOW AVAILABLE on online stores. For those who don't want to wait for each episode to be released, get the book here:

1. OKADABOOKS: https://okadabooks.com/book/about/jewel_from_the_ghetto_2_the_return_of_shakirah/26442

2. SMASHWORDS: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/930731

Àdùkẹ́!
...My Story, My World.

Like my Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/adukestories/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by rukidanty: 10:46pm On Apr 23, 2019
this update is short but thanks anyway
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 12:02am On Apr 24, 2019
EPISODE 22
(CHAPTER THIRTEEN)

State Criminal Investigation Department, Panti, Yaba, Lagos.

Nicole came in to see her mother who was being held in custody. She sat in the dimly lit interrogation room awaiting her mother to be brought in to her. She clasped and unclasped her fingers several times while shaking her legs vigorously.

She heard the creaking sound of the door and she jerked in her seat. A police officer brought her mother in. Immediately she came in, Nicole sprang to her feet. The sight she saw drew some drops of tears from her eyes. Mrs Abimbola was a sorry sight to behold. Trust Nigerian police, interrogation to them involved much more than question and answer sessions. Her hair was ruffled and her drooping eyes had bags beneath them. They were bloodshot and she had black patches at some places on her skin. Nicole rushed to her and hugged her.

Her mother grunted. The hug caused her pain. “Easy girl.”

“Sorry, mum.” The hairs on the nape of Nicole’s neck stood high.

“Madam, you have five minutes,” the officer announced as if to remind them that the allotted time should be better spent on more important matters than displays of affection.

Both mother and daughter sat down on opposite ends of the interrogation table. The officer excused them.

“Mummy, look at you. What have they done to you?!” Nicole exclaimed. Her glance hovered on every part of her mother.

“This?” Mrs Abimbola pointed to her face and a few sores on her body. “Well, they said it would have been a lot worse if not for my status in the society.”

“You must be kidding me, mum!”

“That’s the way it is, my dear.”

There was a long pause which Nicole eventually broke. She took a deep breath. She hardened her face in preparation for the question she was about to ask.

“Mummy, please tell me the truth. Did you do it?”

“Ah! Nicole, you too?” The question shook her mother to the depth of her soul. “If people do not believe me, even you, my own daughter don’t trust me too?” Her eyes became wet.

“It’s not like that, mum. It’s just that the evidence they have against you is too ... I don’t know.”

“Nicole, it is exactly like I already told the police. I am innocent. I didn’t do it.”

“But what of all those threats, mum? I understand that you have been doing that since when I was away. And the WhatsApp messages you sent on the night of my arrival?”

“See, Nicole, I didn’t mean any of that. They were only empty threats. I did it to shake Agnes up a little. I only wanted her to feel apprehensive too. That’s all. There was nothing more to it than that.”

“Mummy! How could you do such as thing?!”

Mrs Abimbola had no answer for her daughter. She scratched her head instead. She looked stupid and embarrassed at the same time.

“I overheard you telling a lady that you had a job for her. That was not long after you sent the WhatsApp threat on that night if I get the timing correctly.”

“Ah!” She held her own lips together with her hand and twisted them until they almost ruptured. “Ọ́lọ̀rún máa jẹ́ ki ẹ́nù mi pami!” she said in Yoruba, (May God not allow my mouth to kill me!) She continued, “Nicole, it’s not what you think. I was talking to Sharon, my tailor, and she came to the house the next day to pick the clothes I had for her.”

“Hmmmmmm!” Nicole let out a deep sigh. “And your presence at the crime scene?”

“I guess that was my stupidity.”

Nicole clasped her fingers together on the table so tightly that they hurt. She dropped her head, closed her eyes, and tapped the ground so hard that her mother felt they were drumming in her ears. Nicole remained like that for close to two minutes. Mrs Abimbola watched her and the two minutes felt like two years.

“Nicole, Nicole.” She tapped her gently, “You don’t believe me?” Her heart was shattered. Nothing pained more than not having the trust of one’s own daughter in the face of trials. She began to cry.

Nicole looked up and straight into her mother’s eyeballs. She stared so hard that her mother began to feel uncomfortable. She saw sincerity.

“Mum, I believe you!”

“Thank God you believe me. That is enough strength for me to carry on. Come here, my baby girl.”

Nicole went over to her and hugged her. Mrs Abimbola felt pain from her sores but she didn’t let go. She tightened her embrace instead. She didn’t know when next she would have the opportunity to hug her beautiful daughter again.

The door opened and the officer came in. “Time up!” He led Mrs Abimbola away.

“Mum, don’t worry, be strong. Dad and I are talking to some Senior Advocates to see how we can get you out of here as quickly as possible,” Nicole rushed the words as the officer led her mother away.

Mrs Abimbola turned as she was about stepping out, smiled and nodded. But the smile could not mask the tears crawling down her cheeks.

Nicole stood up and left. She got into her car but couldn’t find the strength to turn on the ignition. She slanted in her seat and looked out through the windscreen with a focused gaze. She was convinced of her mother’s innocence. She believed her mother when she said the threats were empty. One thing she knew too well about her mother was that her biggest asset was her mouth. What she could not do with her hands in ten years she could do with her mouth in ten seconds.

She remembered back in the days when things were still rosy with the Williamses. She remembered how Mrs Williams, on one occasion, had thrown a jape at her mother and had told her how her mother won several battles during their secondary school days without lifting a single finger; she won ninety-nine per cent of her battles with her mouth!

Unfortunately, that same mouth was now responsible for her woes. The evidence was so overwhelming and she knew that the police would still come up with more. It was a good thing that the forensic team had visited the place. But she knew that nothing concrete would come out of their examination. The Nigerian Police didn’t have the equipment to process fingerprints or any other forensic clues gathered. Even if they did, she was sure there was no database to compare the results with. So, she could not count on her mother being free on the basis of any forensic results. The only hope was either to find Yemi alive or catch the real criminals. Even at that, she would not allow her precious mum to go to prison for a crime she didn’t commit. She vowed to herself to use all the resources within her power to get her mother out.

To be continued ... Watch Out for the Next Episode!

NB: The book is NOW AVAILABLE on online stores. For those who don't want to wait for each episode to be released, get the book here:

1. OKADABOOKS: https://okadabooks.com/book/about/jewel_from_the_ghetto_2_the_return_of_shakirah/26442

2. SMASHWORDS: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/930731

Àdùkẹ́!
...My Story, My World.

Like my Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/adukestories/
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by rukidanty: 7:51am On Apr 24, 2019
thanks for the update.. nice one but I pity for Nicole's mum but I know she's involved in the yemis woes

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by Ann2012(f): 8:40am On Apr 24, 2019
Oya....operation free Nicole's mum

Thanks for the update boss

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by skubido(m): 9:01am On Apr 24, 2019
Tanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by izaray(f): 11:21am On Apr 24, 2019
Ann2012:

Free her ke, me ayam still suspecting that woman

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by Ann2012(f): 11:58am On Apr 24, 2019
izaray:
Free her ke, me ayam still suspecting that woman

I believe she's innocent, na her mouth just put am for trouble

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 9:59pm On Apr 25, 2019
rukidanty:
thanks for the update.. nice one but I pity for Nicole's mum but I know she's involved in the yemis woes

Hmmmm!
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 9:59pm On Apr 25, 2019
Ann2012:

grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply)

Oretunlewa Soyinka And Nneka Ekechukwu's Wedding In Atlanta (Photos) / You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio / Five Books You Must Have Read As A Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.