Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,249 members, 7,807,850 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:41 PM

Gear Not Shifting From 1st Gear To 2nd Gear And Accelerates In The Process - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Gear Not Shifting From 1st Gear To 2nd Gear And Accelerates In The Process (1169 Views)

Help!!! My Wife's 2002 Lexus Rx300 Wont Shift From 3rd Gear To 4th Gear. … / Reasons Why Electric Cars Have Only 1 Gear & Not Multi-geared Like Typical Cars / Toyota Camry 2001 Model Jerking Of Engine When Changing Gear To Drive N Reverse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gear Not Shifting From 1st Gear To 2nd Gear And Accelerates In The Process by Hargusto(m): 4:46pm On Mar 04, 2019
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME... I RECENTLY CHANGE MY GEAR OIL(TOYOTA CAMRY 05) AND THE FILTER WAS EQUALLY REMOVED FOR CLEASING... AFTER FIXING IT BACK AND NEW GEAR OIL WAS POURED IN THE CAR, DRIVING HAS NOT BEEN SMOOTH... ONCE THE CAR CHANGES INTO FIRST GEAR, CHANGING TO THE 2ND GEAR BECOMES A PROBLEM, INSTEAD CAR WILL KEEP ACCELERATING NOT UNTIL I STOP PRESSING THE CLUTCH AND GIVE IT A BREAK BEFORE IT CHANGES TO 2ND GEAR BUT ONCE ITS IN SECOND GEAR, IT CHANGES TO OTHER GEARS COMFORTABLY... NOW SOMEONE SAID I NEED TO REMOVE THE OLD FILTER AND PUT A NEW OIL....
Re: Gear Not Shifting From 1st Gear To 2nd Gear And Accelerates In The Process by Mrkumareze(m): 4:50pm On Mar 04, 2019
Better meet a gear technician now before it's too late. Domt drive car with a faulty gear, it's capable of damaging the entire gear
Re: Gear Not Shifting From 1st Gear To 2nd Gear And Accelerates In The Process by mayor2013: 6:57pm On Mar 04, 2019
To start with.What type of transmission fluid was used and how was the old fluid drained
Re: Gear Not Shifting From 1st Gear To 2nd Gear And Accelerates In The Process by kernniejay(m): 8:04pm On Mar 04, 2019
How did your technician change the oil? For how long was the car parked before the oil change was done? Why did you have to change the gear oil in the first place and how long have you used the car before servicing the gear?

All these are important factors to look at before one can actually know what has gone wrong.
Re: Gear Not Shifting From 1st Gear To 2nd Gear And Accelerates In The Process by Hargusto(m): 11:06am On Mar 07, 2019
okay...thanks alot

Mrkumareze:
Better meet a gear technician now before it's too late. Domt drive car with a faulty gear, it's capable of damaging the entire gear
Re: Gear Not Shifting From 1st Gear To 2nd Gear And Accelerates In The Process by Hargusto(m): 11:07am On Mar 07, 2019
mayor2013:
To start with.What type of transmission fluid was used and how was the old fluid drained

TYPE 111 and it was drained thru the sump
Re: Gear Not Shifting From 1st Gear To 2nd Gear And Accelerates In The Process by Hargusto(m): 11:22am On Mar 07, 2019
kernniejay:
How did your technician change the oil? For how long was the car parked before the oil change was done? Why did you have to change the gear oil in the first place and how long have you used the car before servicing the gear?

All these are important factors to look at before one can actually know what has gone wrong.

He drained it tru the sump, the car was parked for over 2hrs bfre oil change was done..... last time i changed oil was 1yr and it has just exceeded 30000 miles before this recent oil change....
Re: Gear Not Shifting From 1st Gear To 2nd Gear And Accelerates In The Process by mayor2013: 1:10pm On Mar 07, 2019
Hargusto:

He drained it tru the sump, the car was parked for over 2hrs bfre oil change was done..... last time i changed oil was 1yr and it has just exceeded 30000 miles before this recent oil change....

That is the problem. Parked for 2hrs. Transmission was still hot
Re: Gear Not Shifting From 1st Gear To 2nd Gear And Accelerates In The Process by thebigkendo(m): 3:31pm On Mar 07, 2019
mayor2013:

grin grin grin na every day we dey see new thing for nairaland
Re: Gear Not Shifting From 1st Gear To 2nd Gear And Accelerates In The Process by Hargusto(m): 4:04pm On Mar 07, 2019
mayor2013:

so whats the solution
Re: Gear Not Shifting From 1st Gear To 2nd Gear And Accelerates In The Process by kernniejay(m): 9:29pm On Mar 13, 2019
Hargusto:

Car is supposed to have been parked for nothing less than 48 hours (2 days) before oil is changed. This is to ascertain that the transmission is totally cold before opening and replacing oil.
Also the right and quality transmission oil for the vehicle should be ascertained. Research on the manufacturer specified oil and replace properly.
Re: Gear Not Shifting From 1st Gear To 2nd Gear And Accelerates In The Process by Namzy(m): 10:52pm On Mar 13, 2019
kernniejay:

Car is supposed to have been parked for nothing less than 48 hours (2 days) before oil is changed. This is to ascertain that the transmission is totally cold before opening and replacing oil.
Also the right and quality transmission oil for the vehicle should be ascertained. Research on the manufacturer specified oil and replace properly.
48 hrs Hmmm how practical

(1) (Reply)

Reg Honda Baby Boy Available Xtremely Clean / Seven Tesla Cybertruck Designs Show How Beautiful The EV Can Be - See Photos / My Mechanic Advised Me To Top My Engine Oil.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.