Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,527 members, 7,808,908 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:15 PM

What's The Electricity Situation In Your Area Like? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What's The Electricity Situation In Your Area Like? (23621 Views)

What Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? / Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? / What's The Electricity Situation In Your Area Like During This Lockdown? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Electricity Situation In Your Area Like? by Topmaike007(m): 9:54pm On Mar 04, 2019
gift01:
which Otto awori you dey talk about? Lamba
grin which Otto you know
Re: What's The Electricity Situation In Your Area Like? by Tattooboy: 9:55pm On Mar 04, 2019
At AbuleEgba we havent seen power for a month
Re: What's The Electricity Situation In Your Area Like? by sacx: 9:56pm On Mar 04, 2019
gentlezypher:
i cant remember when last they took light here in yingi Rayfield Jos

Are you on NESCO line?
Re: What's The Electricity Situation In Your Area Like? by lekkyzzee: 10:00pm On Mar 04, 2019
here in ota ogun state...eledi estate behind obasanjo fa rm we use on a minimum of 17-18 hrs daily
Re: What's The Electricity Situation In Your Area Like? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Mar 04, 2019
cenaman:
in aba we have like 5 to 6 hour during night time, 2 to 3 times a week. but when i travel to new road (okada junction edo state) i was waoo is this nigeria? because eletricity there is 21 to 23 hours every day.
I suspect their substation in that axis
Re: What's The Electricity Situation In Your Area Like? by smeag0l(m): 10:07pm On Mar 04, 2019
The problem of Nigeria isn't power generation. It's distribution. Also , the way we manage our power generation is bad. Every geopolitical zone in Nigeria has means of power generation(whether gas or hydro ). These generating stations should be made to serve their geopolitical zone alone. But that's not the case here. They generate and send to the national grid for distribution thereby incurring significant energy losses in the process. We should take a cue from Ghana.
Lastly, I think areas with prepaid meters in Nigeria enjoy better supply than areas that don't have because the discos are assured of a precise way of account for what they supply and get proportionate returns for it unlike areas with analogue meters where issuing estimated bills are the order of the day and the bills when paid gets diverted by the electricity commission staff.
Re: What's The Electricity Situation In Your Area Like? by Kissgrafix1(m): 10:07pm On Mar 04, 2019
Am I the only one enjoying light in Ibadan ni ... Fodacis area .. We sold our gen .. My laptop has no back up .. You know why ... Cause we always have light .. Throughout today they've no blinked the light since morning ... Till now still chilling ���� ... I even get tired of light ..
Re: What's The Electricity Situation In Your Area Like? by LucemFerre: 10:07pm On Mar 04, 2019
I didn't even know there was an Electric company in Nigeria. I've always thought there was Gen allowance in workers' Salary. Nigeria is a joke disguised as a country.

And anybody who voted Buhari and complain... Thunder are you busy?
Re: What's The Electricity Situation In Your Area Like? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Mar 04, 2019
bankylan:

How can u distribute what is not available? You obvious don't understand the power industry in Nigeria.
Those discos are selfish
Re: What's The Electricity Situation In Your Area Like? by bluefilm: 10:13pm On Mar 04, 2019
lexy2014:

Since no one has said anything about solving d problem, I was expecting u were going 2do a bit better. But alas....

My job here is not to tell you how to start a solar power company or an inverter business.

My job is to redirect your focus from seeing only problems into seeing opportunities.

I believe I have satisfactorily done that even with this short reply.

But only those who have eyes will be able to see that.

Thank you.
Re: What's The Electricity Situation In Your Area Like? by LucemFerre: 10:15pm On Mar 04, 2019
bluefilm:

Ewu.

Just keep on looking for whom to blame for your mental laziness.

No be your mate invent Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter, and so on?

You wan tell me say na Trump abi Obama tell Mark Zuckerberg make im invent Facebook abi.

You think it's by complaining and pointing fingers that the solution will come from abi?

While you are here complaining and blaming, Seun is busy making his money from your complaints right here on Nairaland...

Think about that.

So many of our lazy youths are here crying about the poor supply of power in their area.

I haven't seen anyone saying something about how to solve the problem.

People will be in the midst of millions of money, but yet, they will still be begging for their daily survival.

Ndi nzuzu.

bluefilm:

My job here is not to tell you how to start a solar power company or an inverter business.

My job is to redirect your focus from seeing only problems into seeing opportunities.

Thank you.

You're fvcking naive
Re: What's The Electricity Situation In Your Area Like? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Mar 04, 2019
Benosky011:
Ours in Umuguma, Owerri West is the worst.
We're only on night plan.
And the night is after every 3days, 12am to 4.59am.

Most of us plug our phone and sleep, when you wake up in the morning and see that your phone is charged, then you know that there was light that night. But if it wasn't charged, it means there was no light.

That's how bad it has become.

Re: What's The Electricity Situation In Your Area Like? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Mar 04, 2019
Simplep:
Same here in ugbowo,very inconsistent yet they still take it when they are supposed to take it,no extra minutes,useless people
Modified
How do they ration the light over there?
Re: What's The Electricity Situation In Your Area Like? by bimgo: 10:24pm On Mar 04, 2019
At oke aro in Ogun state, precisely korede olatunbosun and ikare , Engineer SEGUN NEPA OFFICIAL PLEASE ANSWER THIS QUESTION WITH THAT YOUR NONSENSE ROTATION. MAY BE 3 TO 4HRS / DAY ,
Re: What's The Electricity Situation In Your Area Like? by Tywright: 10:25pm On Mar 04, 2019
Electricity is atleast 18hrs in my area , adura/Salolo alagbado
Re: What's The Electricity Situation In Your Area Like? by lexy2014: 10:27pm On Mar 04, 2019
bluefilm:

Thank you.

Sorry bro, u haven't done anything. Cos d mark zukerberg u talked about didn't call people ewu because they didn't c d vision he had. What he did was to share his vision with everyone that he could & he invited them to join a new way of life so that friendships could b fostered & maintained in an easier. So far, u have said nothing about how people can enjoy a better life. All u have is to try to show off that u better than others. U want to direct peoples attention by calling them ewu& lazy. That's arrogance. U achieved nothing
Re: What's The Electricity Situation In Your Area Like? by ralphcj(m): 10:27pm On Mar 04, 2019
kechywillz:
angry Na for midnight we dey see light for my area,dem go bring am 11:30 or 12 am to 4:30 am, as dem off am,na till mid night u go see am,na so e dey be every day
Please which area is that....cos it's thesame thing at okoafo badagry area.
Re: What's The Electricity Situation In Your Area Like? by Jagaban111(m): 10:27pm On Mar 04, 2019
I think Osun state case is different, in my area we do enjoy at 23 hours supply of electricity, sometimes it will not be interrupted for complete 24hours even for a week!
Re: What's The Electricity Situation In Your Area Like? by seancombs617: 10:30pm On Mar 04, 2019
I'm in Akobo in Ibadan.. Our light is quite good.. I believe we benefit from the presence of army barracks close by, also the AIRFORCE base, and police station, the light is quite good.. Which has ofcourse made loads of yahoo boys from far and wide migrate to the area lol. Any akobo resident should help me concur to these points lol �
Re: What's The Electricity Situation In Your Area Like? by sweetilicious(f): 10:31pm On Mar 04, 2019
22-23hrs approximately GRA here
Re: What's The Electricity Situation In Your Area Like? by 1bunne4lif(m): 10:38pm On Mar 04, 2019
I never see ELEC let alone the one wey carry TRICITY
Re: What's The Electricity Situation In Your Area Like? by package7(m): 10:39pm On Mar 04, 2019
Perennial darkness
Re: What's The Electricity Situation In Your Area Like? by gentlezypher: 10:40pm On Mar 04, 2019
sacx:

Are you on NESCO line?
no JED but using prepaid meter ,NESCO line na another case o o

1 Like

Re: What's The Electricity Situation In Your Area Like? by package7(m): 10:42pm On Mar 04, 2019
Mr Buhari said is going to be very tough this is the beginning of lamentation.

1 Like

Re: What's The Electricity Situation In Your Area Like? by sacx: 10:45pm On Mar 04, 2019
gentlezypher:
no JED but using prepaid meter ,NESCO line na another case o o

Okay. It seems I would return back to Jos grin
Re: What's The Electricity Situation In Your Area Like? by gentlezypher: 10:50pm On Mar 04, 2019
sacx:

Okay. It seems I would return back to Jos grin
not everywhr is like that o, some places in zawan is different,bt places with prepaid meter have constant light
Re: What's The Electricity Situation In Your Area Like? by Moneyboyz: 10:56pm On Mar 04, 2019
Two weeks we haven't seen light, and they still dey bring electricity bill..
We fought for prepaid meter and they asked people to bring 30k plus for what that Bleep?

It's like MTN telling us to pay for fuel to power the generator for the masts which provides our internet connection and then still pay for subscription..

The community bought it's transformers, payed the wires fee and poles and then we still pay for shits..

Seriously I'm tired of this country..
Re: What's The Electricity Situation In Your Area Like? by kzubyar(m): 10:59pm On Mar 04, 2019
AmazingELixir:

undecided

My restrict your power supply status to your area alone ooh...I'm also in Lagos I barely see power for 4hours daily...sometimes non at all
kosofe
Re: What's The Electricity Situation In Your Area Like? by rexwalters: 11:00pm On Mar 04, 2019
ExAngel007:
at least 18 hrs
Better than most,cost of electricity is high and for it to get real better,the electricity companies will need massive investments or grant from the FG with single digit interest,recapitalization and a lot higher tariff than what we are paying today.
Re: What's The Electricity Situation In Your Area Like? by sacx: 11:08pm On Mar 04, 2019
gentlezypher:
not everywhr is like that o, some places in zawan is different,bt places with prepaid meter have constant light

I've always avoided that side. My side is close to Yelwa club. But the thing then was that only those connected to NESCO got to enjoy uninterrupted power supply. And the bill nor be here grin
Re: What's The Electricity Situation In Your Area Like? by noona(f): 11:21pm On Mar 04, 2019
bleeped!!!
Re: What's The Electricity Situation In Your Area Like? by bluefilm: 11:25pm On Mar 04, 2019
lexy2014:

Sorry bro, u haven't done anything. Cos d mark zukerberg u talked about didn't call people ewu because they didn't c d vision he had. What he did was to share his vision with everyone that he could & he invited them to join a new way of life so that friendships could b fostered & maintained in an easier. So far, u have said nothing about how people can enjoy a better life. All u have is to try to show off that u better than others. U want to direct peoples attention by calling them ewu& lazy. That's arrogance. U achieved nothing

If I am better than you in any way, it's probably because I can think creatively and I see possibilities where folks like you see only problems and reasons to keep on complaining.

Unfortunately for you I guess, I am not here to share my ideas with complainers.

Life is all about decisions.

If you decide to keep lamenting about how terrible things are in this country, that's not my problem.

But if you decide to take some positive actions, no matter how little, towards providing a solution to that problem someone could be experiencing and is desperate for a solution, then you and I, we could be having some nice conversations because you are my type of person.

I choose never to focus on the existing problems.

I choose to focus of finding the solutions to such problems.

It's just a mind shift.

Nothing more; nothing less.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

"They're Not Competent": I Won't Vote Atiku Or Obi If I Weren't Running - Tinubu / Amaechi & Jonathan In Secret Peace Talks / Aregbesola, Best Performing Governor –ICPC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.