Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,152 members, 7,807,508 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:28 PM

Emefiele's Tenure Expires, Asked To Proceed on Leave - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emefiele's Tenure Expires, Asked To Proceed on Leave (40840 Views)

Tinubu To Proceed On First Medical Trip To France - Sahara Reporters / Senate May Proceed On Recess Without Buhari’s Ministerial List / My Tenure Expires In June- Emefiele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emefiele's Tenure Expires, Asked To Proceed on Leave by baliyubla: 6:21pm On Mar 04, 2019
The Nigerian government has asked the Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Godwin Emefiele, to proceed on leave ahead of expiration of his tenure.

Emefiele was said to have received a letter to the effect on Monday.

The financial expert has been Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria since June 3, 2014.

He was Chief Executive officer and Group Managing Director of Zenith Bank Plc and previously the Deputy Managing Director of Zenith Bank Plc.

Emefiele served as Executive Director in charge of Corporate Banking, Treasury, Financial Control and Strategic Planning of Zenith Bank Plc and has been on the Management team since inception.

Emefiele was one time a director at Zenith Bank Plc and Zenith Bank (Gambia) Limited.

Before commencing his banking career, he lectured Finance and Insurance at the University of Nigeria Nsukka, and University of Port Harcourt, respectively.

He is an alumnus of Executive Education at Stanford University, Harvard University (2004) and Wharton School of Business (2005).

Emefiele holds a B.Sc. degree in Finance in 1984 and an MBA Degree in Finance in 1986, both from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka.

http://dailypost.ng/2019/03/04/godwin-emefiele-cbn-governor-asked-leave-office/
Re: Emefiele's Tenure Expires, Asked To Proceed on Leave by meccuno: 6:22pm On Mar 04, 2019
pensive
Re: Emefiele's Tenure Expires, Asked To Proceed on Leave by Chicagoesontop: 6:23pm On Mar 04, 2019
Osetigo

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emefiele's Tenure Expires, Asked To Proceed on Leave by Iyajison: 6:25pm On Mar 04, 2019
baliyubla:
The Nigerian government has asked the Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Godwin Emefiele, to proceed on leave ahead of expiration of his tenure.
So where has the sack come in here if his tenure has expired

62 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emefiele's Tenure Expires, Asked To Proceed on Leave by Banmeallday: 6:25pm On Mar 04, 2019
The CBN Governor is more competent to run the Nigger Area than a certificate-less coupist called Buhari...

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Emefiele's Tenure Expires, Asked To Proceed on Leave by kolafolabi(m): 6:25pm On Mar 04, 2019
The next Governor of Central Bank will come from North.. Mark my words

237 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Emefiele's Tenure Expires, Asked To Proceed on Leave by thunder74(m): 6:27pm On Mar 04, 2019
Useful idiot

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emefiele's Tenure Expires, Asked To Proceed on Leave by Bizmagnet: 6:27pm On Mar 04, 2019
First next level experience from the East. E don dey happen.

Get your business on its feet now; raise its tentacles for the world to see.
Get your website/blog/software today at affordable price. Check my signature for contacts.

2 Likes

Re: Emefiele's Tenure Expires, Asked To Proceed on Leave by MadeInTokyo: 6:28pm On Mar 04, 2019
grin
Next level things

Emiefiele the fool was busy opening CBN vault and releasing billions of Naira to APC chieftains a day before the Presidential elections, not knowing two weeks later the cabal will sack him grin grin grin

An abooki man will be appointed as CBN Governor quote me

Amaechi and others will be sacked also in the coming weeks, Tinubu and oshiomole will be dumped also like after 2015 election.

The cabal will consolidate their grip to power ahead of 2023...Osibanjo should also watch his back

78 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Emefiele's Tenure Expires, Asked To Proceed on Leave by baliyubla: 6:28pm On Mar 04, 2019
Iyajison:

So where has the sack come in here if his tenure has expired

Guessing the former IGP proceeded on leave before his retirement in January.

Buhari the bigot just couldn’t wait till June for the mans tenure to expire, unlike the former IGP who remained in office till the last second.

33 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Emefiele's Tenure Expires, Asked To Proceed on Leave by Nobody: 6:29pm On Mar 04, 2019
kolafolabi:
north west to be precise

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emefiele's Tenure Expires, Asked To Proceed on Leave by greensandy: 6:30pm On Mar 04, 2019
I am the new Governor.

1 Like

Re: Emefiele's Tenure Expires, Asked To Proceed on Leave by IbrahimDamola: 6:30pm On Mar 04, 2019
To be replaced with Abokki. cheesy

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Emefiele's Tenure Expires, Asked To Proceed on Leave by Kwamecron(m): 6:37pm On Mar 04, 2019
tongue
Re: Emefiele's Tenure Expires, Asked To Proceed on Leave by oluwasegun007(m): 6:37pm On Mar 04, 2019
Oya proceed on leave...

Who can guess where the next governor is coming from..

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emefiele's Tenure Expires, Asked To Proceed on Leave by ignis: 6:38pm On Mar 04, 2019
We expect a northerner to replace him...

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emefiele's Tenure Expires, Asked To Proceed on Leave by DMerciful(m): 6:38pm On Mar 04, 2019
Bubu shock us, appoint a Southerner as replacement undecided

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Emefiele's Tenure Expires, Asked To Proceed on Leave by Xisnin(m): 6:38pm On Mar 04, 2019
Emefiele has been sacked.
His tenure has not expired.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emefiele's Tenure Expires, Asked To Proceed on Leave by Pavore9: 6:38pm On Mar 04, 2019
Hmm.......
Re: Emefiele's Tenure Expires, Asked To Proceed on Leave by Okuda(m): 6:39pm On Mar 04, 2019
just watch the nepotisitc bastard replace him with someone from the north.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emefiele's Tenure Expires, Asked To Proceed on Leave by SaintLucia: 6:40pm On Mar 04, 2019
Buhari is a nice guy by allowing him to finish his tenure. Jonathan didn't allow Sanusi to finish his tenure just because he exposed the corruption in Jonathan's government.

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Emefiele's Tenure Expires, Asked To Proceed on Leave by MadeInTokyo: 6:40pm On Mar 04, 2019
Next level looting has begun. .the Cabal have started dumping their southern slaves, Tinubu, Amaechi Oshiomole Next in line to be dumped after 2019 Governroship election ---Quote this post

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emefiele's Tenure Expires, Asked To Proceed on Leave by BarrElChapo(m): 6:40pm On Mar 04, 2019
Well let's see who is appointed next but I'm not optimistic undecided
Re: Emefiele's Tenure Expires, Asked To Proceed on Leave by Dee60: 6:41pm On Mar 04, 2019
So, should Emefiele serve another 5 years in CBN?

Has any CBN Governor of modern times been given 10 years in that office?

Who has said that he was sacked?

The man himself knew his term was expiring and would rarely in these times have another 5 years!

Some comments sha!

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Emefiele's Tenure Expires, Asked To Proceed on Leave by theoldpretender(m): 6:41pm On Mar 04, 2019
He has done well.

I was one of those who did not like him initially, but seeing how he saved billions at a time when we had low oil prices, I'm impressed now.

I hope the new guy or girl continues the good work.Especially savings

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emefiele's Tenure Expires, Asked To Proceed on Leave by Nobody: 6:41pm On Mar 04, 2019
Tenure expired. Fools say na sack. Abeg make dollar rise abeg. My 4k dols must rise abeg

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emefiele's Tenure Expires, Asked To Proceed on Leave by ionsman: 6:41pm On Mar 04, 2019
kolafolabi:

Stop forming superstar.
Re: Emefiele's Tenure Expires, Asked To Proceed on Leave by SocialJustice: 6:41pm On Mar 04, 2019
That pretty lady will most likely replace him.

2 Likes

Re: Emefiele's Tenure Expires, Asked To Proceed on Leave by WATCHOVER(m): 6:42pm On Mar 04, 2019
Only a fool will think that BUHARI is fighting corruption.

Am proud I never voted for the Devil currently leaving in Aso Villa.

Next level to DEATH....

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emefiele's Tenure Expires, Asked To Proceed on Leave by MikoB: 6:42pm On Mar 04, 2019
DMerciful:
Bubu shock us, appoint a Southerner as replacement undecided

It will likely be Ambode,the odd favours him

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emefiele's Tenure Expires, Asked To Proceed on Leave by FunnyPikincom(m): 6:43pm On Mar 04, 2019
kolafolabi:

But it was OK when Jonathan Sacked Emir Sanusi to install him? Obj Appointed Soludo, Yaradua appointed Sanusi, Gej appointed Emefiele and you have problem with Buhari appointing qualified northerner? Must you tribalise everything?

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Emefiele's Tenure Expires, Asked To Proceed on Leave by Wiseandtrue(f): 6:43pm On Mar 04, 2019
As usual to be replaced by a Northerner!!!

Not that Emiefule was useful!!! He was as good as nothing!!!

He is nothing but a puppet!!!

10 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Peter Obi: What Governors Earn In Nigeria Is Immoderate / Dino Melaye Surrenders To Police / Boko Haram Commander Who Escaped From Prison In 2010 Arrested By DSS In Bauchi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.