Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,883 members, 7,802,853 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:18 PM

Thrills Of A Lagos Babe - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Thrills Of A Lagos Babe (98538 Views)

Diary Of A FUOYE SU Babe (18+) / Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe / Memoir Of A Lagos Mainland Angel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thrills Of A Lagos Babe by Kaycee9242(m): 12:07pm On Apr 26, 2019
nice update op
Re: Thrills Of A Lagos Babe by izaray(f): 12:25pm On Apr 26, 2019
These is making more sense

Thanks for the update
Re: Thrills Of A Lagos Babe by OPC90(m): 5:17pm On Apr 26, 2019
Hmmmm enjoy but be smart. nice story
Re: Thrills Of A Lagos Babe by Ann2012(f): 9:52pm On Apr 26, 2019
Well done OP
Re: Thrills Of A Lagos Babe by WuraSerano(f): 6:10am On Apr 27, 2019
With my good income and steady flow of other perks, I decided to call mummy and surprise her.

'Hello, mum, how's everything in Ibadan?'

'Things are fine here. What about there in Lagos?'

'Things are quite good,' I answered. 'Ehn, ehn, mummy, I want you to get a painter to paint that house. I believe it' high time we gave the place
a face-lift. Let the painter do the estimate and let me know the costs. I'll bear everything.'

'Oh, that's my daughter,' she said. 'You're the true daughter of your father.'

I also decided to be sending some money to Deola to augment what mummy was giving her.

A week after I first met Tayo, he came to my office late in the afternoon.

'I've come to greet you and see your face,' he said.

I smiled at him. 'What's so special about my face?'

'Ah, you may not know it, but everything about you is bewitching.'

'There are more ladies that even more beautiful,' I pointed out.

'You're beautiful inside and outside,' he went on. 'None has the kind of quality you have.'

'Thanks for the compliments. But I believe if you really look well enough, you will find those that have the quality you talked about. Simi is probably just one of them.'

He shook his head vehemently. 'No, you're not one of them. You're special. You're above others.'

'Oh, enough of your flatters. What can I offer you?'

He grinned. 'Hearing your sweet words is good enough for me.' Despite his answer, I asked one of the staffers to give him bottled water. We
chatted for some time before he finally indicated his departure.

'You've made my day,' he said. 'Thanks for your time and attention.'

'You're welcome,' I told him. Later that night when I was in Mola's house, he said he would need to know my parents.

'My father's dead, while my mother is well alive,' I said.

'Tell me about them,' he prompted.

I told him how loving and compassionate my daddy was to his children and his wife before he met untimely death in a road accident. I also told
him about my mother, now a matron at University College Hospital in Ibadan. Mola seemed to be interested in my tales.

'I'll need to know my future mother-in-law on time,' he said. 'Can't you set a weekend aside, even one day, that we can travel to Ibadan to see
her?'

I nodded. 'But it has to be when my boss and employer, Mrs. Shitta comes back from her U.K trip. She said she would employ an assistant
manager, but she's yet to do so. For now, I can't really leave that hotel, like that.'

What I told him was not completely true. I could travel to Ibadan in the morning and come back towards evening, but somehow, my mind was not
fully in support of taking Mola home, yet. I had this restraint at the back of my mind that despite all his zeal and seemingly determination to take
me as his wife, I was yet to be completely convinced that he was the man for me. Mola was nice, no doubt. And he was very generous. I could
not even think of the man that would finally be the one, but it was just that a cloud of uncertainty was cast upon Mola.

Get the complete e-book from: https://publish.okadabooks.com/search?term=thrills

Read other interesting stories at: https://thrillplus..com/

4 Likes

Re: Thrills Of A Lagos Babe by Kaycee9242(m): 10:57am On Apr 27, 2019
good one op

1 Like

Re: Thrills Of A Lagos Babe by haryomikun(m): 8:19pm On Apr 27, 2019
Your book is quite captivating! Got me hooked! I love your choice of words too.

Keep it up ma'am!

1 Like

Re: Thrills Of A Lagos Babe by OPC90(m): 9:12pm On Apr 27, 2019
My people suffers because of lack of knowledge. Thanks dear

1 Like

Re: Thrills Of A Lagos Babe by WuraSerano(f): 6:54am On Apr 28, 2019
What I told him was not completely true. I could travel to Ibadan in the morning and come back towards evening, but somehow, my mind was not fully in support of taking Mola home, yet. I had this restraint at the back of my mind that despite all his zeal and seemingly determination to take me as his wife, I was yet to be completely convinced that he was the man for me. Mola was nice, no doubt. And he was very generous. I could not even think of the man that would finally be the one, but it was just that a cloud of uncertainty was cast upon Mola.

Three weeks after Mrs. Shitta traveled to England, we continued to communicate by telephone. She would ask about how business was going, and I would give her summary of the reports. Her absence, just like Tina said, was a chance for me to play a smart one and make some money for myself, but I would not do that. I had made up my mind to do the work dedicatedly and honestly. Tina teased that I was yet to learn the tricks, but I answered that I was okay with what I was earning legitimately.

If I thought Tayo was content with friendship, then I was making a big mistake. On a cool, early Thursday evening, he came to my office. I was doing some calculations when he gently rapped at the door, opened it a bit and peered inside.

'Good evening, Simi,' he greeted.

I looked up from my calculations and smiled at him. 'Good evening, Tayo, how're you?'

He came in with his easy smile.

'Sit down,' I offered. 'You're a bit early today.'

'Yes. I hope you're not very busy.'

'Not exactly, but let me finish these calculations.'

He grinned. 'Okay.'

He sat quietly while I finished the task.

'So, what can I offer you, Tayo?' I asked.

He shook his head. 'Nothing. I'm actually here to give you a message.'

I looked up at him sharply. 'Now, what message could that be?'

He nodded knowingly. 'I want you to be through with what you're doing first.'

'Okay o.'

Another couple of minutes, I was through. 'Yes, I'm all ears now.'

He nodded again. 'Let me start by saying that there are certain dreams I have that are very significant. The moment I wake up, I always realize such dreams as unique. Now, yesterday night, I had a very significant dream. I had a dream that you're my wife.'

I stared at him for some seconds before I burst out laughing.

He looked on solemnly, ignoring my poker.

'Seriously? What a dream! How could you believe that?'

'It will come to pass,' he said. 'Such a remarkable dream always comes to pass.'

I wanted to laugh again, but stopped myself. I certainly wouldn't want to hurt him by my action. But, seriously, he was a dreamer, wasn't he?

Get the complete e-book from: https://publish.okadabooks.com/search?term=thrills

Read other interesting stories: https://thrillplus..com/

5 Likes

Re: Thrills Of A Lagos Babe by xeenoblack15: 8:52am On Apr 28, 2019
Nice 1
thanks 4 d update

1 Like

Re: Thrills Of A Lagos Babe by Ann2012(f): 9:55am On Apr 28, 2019
Well done OP
Re: Thrills Of A Lagos Babe by FantasticJ: 10:41am On Apr 28, 2019
Ann2012:
Well done OP

Ann is back. Where have you been
Re: Thrills Of A Lagos Babe by Ann2012(f): 11:59am On Apr 28, 2019
FantasticJ:

Ann is back. Where have you been

I've always been around dear

How are you?
Re: Thrills Of A Lagos Babe by Kaycee9242(m): 12:56pm On Apr 28, 2019
this update short like tomorrow no dy, and half of it was carved out from d previous update. op there is God ooooo
Re: Thrills Of A Lagos Babe by spiceybae(f): 10:49pm On Apr 28, 2019
lovely updates dear bt dey r really short...
Re: Thrills Of A Lagos Babe by WuraSerano(f): 6:28am On Apr 29, 2019
He nodded again. 'Let me start by saying that there are certain dreams I have that are very significant. The moment I wake up, I always realize such dreams as unique. Now, yesterday night, I had a very significant dream. I had a dream that you're my wife.'

I stared at him for some seconds before I burst out laughing.

He looked on solemnly, ignoring my poker.

'Seriously? What a dream! How could you believe that?'

'It will come to pass,' he said. 'Such a remarkable dream always comes to pass.'

I wanted to laugh again, but stopped myself. I certainly wouldn't want to hurt him by my action. But, seriously, he was a dreamer, wasn't he?

'I'm sorry, I don't believe you,' I returned. 'That dream of yours is certainly not going to happen. No, no, no, I don't think so. You know I'm
already in a serious relationship.'

'A unique dream like this always comes to pass,' he repeated.

'Oh, come on Tayo, wake up from your dreams.'

He smiled and looked on determinedly. 'Just before I had this dream, I was thinking of coming to formally ask for your hand in marriage. But with
the dream, there's no need I do that. I know the unique dream is as good as reality. It's just a matter of time. I'll wait for you, honey.'

I became exasperated. 'Hey, Tayo, stop it. And don't call me that, please.'

He got to his feet, still smiling and still looking confident.

'I'll be going for now,' he announced.

I only waved at him and he was gone. Now, what kind of dream was that? How could he dream that I was his wife? I paused to think of its
possibility but decided it was not possible. I was not the kind that would gladly betray trust. Though I did not want Mola completely as husband,
I would not just renege on my words and embrace Tayo. Tayo was just a dreamer.

Mrs. Shitta spent four weeks in England before she returned. This time around, her husband, Doctor Olu Shitta, came home too. I could see that
she looked fresh and refreshed.

I gave her the details of the main events that had happened in her absence and the business reports. Mrs. Shitta was impressed with all I had
done.

'This is very impressive, Simi,' she said. 'You've really done well.'

Two days after she came back, she employed Akin, a man of about thirty-four years as Assistant Business Manager. That would relieve me of
some duties, and gave me room to have some relaxations. It would also mean Mola could now insist on our visiting Ibadan once he got to know
that I had an assistant.

Tina and I continued to be soul mates. We still had our secret dalliance, but of course it remained secret.

I had to make up my mind about taking Mola to Ibadan. I knew very soon, he would bring the matter up again, and I would have no option than
to take him to meet my mum.

This Friday, he said we would have to go to Ibadan.

'I need to act fast,' he said. 'I don't want any young chap to snatch you away from me.'

It was Wednesday. That meant we had two days to go. I decided I would tell Mrs. Shitta that I would take Friday off. I would tell her tomorrow,
Thursday.

Things went very well that Wednesday. I could see that Akin was learning fast and was keen about his job. That was good. It would make my
task easier.

About four p.m, I got a call from Tina.

'Hello, dear,' I greeted in my jovial self.

'Simi, something has happened.'

I caught my breath. Her tone and brusqueness certainly indicated that something was wrong.

'What is it?' I asked in a shaky tone.

'It's Mola.'

My heart beat increased. 'What happened to him?'

There was a long pause.

'What happened to him?' I repeated.

'He had a heart attack. We just rushed him to the hospital.'

'What! A heart attack? Oh, my God. Which hospital is he?'

'All Saints Hospital at 133 Awolowo Road, here in Ikoyi.'

'Okay. Thanks for telling me. I'll soon be there.'

I dropped the telephone. I suddenly realized that my hands were shaking. Oh, God, have mercy. I found myself muttering some prayers.

I sat down to calm myself down. I obviously had to go and see him and see how he was faring. I picked my bag. The money inside would be
enough to take me to Ikoyi and bring me back. Besides, I also had my ATM inside the bag, in case I needed to withdraw some money.

I locked my office and went to meet Akin.

'I'm going to Ikoyi to see somebody now. It's a kind of emergency.'

I took a cab to the hospital at Ikoyi. There, I met Manu, his driver at the reception hall of the big hospital. He stood up on seeing me and took
some uncertain steps towards me.

Get the complete e-book: https://publish.okadabooks.com/search?term=thrills

Read other interesting stories: https://thrillplus..com/

5 Likes

Re: Thrills Of A Lagos Babe by Kaycee9242(m): 8:08am On Apr 29, 2019
we made fp that's good
Re: Thrills Of A Lagos Babe by stbenedict(m): 8:24am On Apr 29, 2019
nice sorry
Re: Thrills Of A Lagos Babe by GTtruth(m): 8:25am On Apr 29, 2019
this really good, please how can I get contact with the full stories, it's really fun reading this and it kept me glued on it for a long time, I swear you are damn too good dear, keep it up
Re: Thrills Of A Lagos Babe by Nobody: 9:15am On Apr 29, 2019
I’m really enjoying this, are you still going to post the full story. I love the story very much.
Re: Thrills Of A Lagos Babe by aprilwise(m): 9:38am On Apr 29, 2019
Maybe Tayo dreams may come to true. Thanks for the update
Re: Thrills Of A Lagos Babe by GANAYAD: 10:08am On Apr 29, 2019
Sisi simi pls where d remaining story ooooo
Re: Thrills Of A Lagos Babe by Andrew2017: 10:11am On Apr 29, 2019
Interesting...
Re: Thrills Of A Lagos Babe by izaray(f): 10:45am On Apr 29, 2019
I'm really enjoying this story

More wisdom and ink to ur pen dear
Re: Thrills Of A Lagos Babe by BillgatesMaigad(m): 10:52am On Apr 29, 2019
Pls continue

I'm about to have a heart attack
Re: Thrills Of A Lagos Babe by Ayobami276(m): 11:04am On Apr 29, 2019
[quote author=WuraSerano post=77943861]He nodded again. 'Let me start by saying that there are certain dreams I have that are very significant. The moment I wake up, I always realize such dreams as unique. Now, yesterday night, I had a very significant

Can you send this to my email and I will pay you
Re: Thrills Of A Lagos Babe by Sluvist(m): 11:30am On Apr 29, 2019
You must be punished for taking lots of my time reading this your post

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

The Most Wanted Maid / Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! / The Day The World Ended

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.