Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,628 members, 7,801,816 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:15 AM

Nigeria Overtakes Egypt As Largest Rice Producer In Africa’ - Agriculture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Nigeria Overtakes Egypt As Largest Rice Producer In Africa’ (39997 Views)

Nigeria Now No1 Rice Producer In Africa / Nigeria Overtakes Egypt As Largest Rice Producing Food Item In All Of Africa / Lagos To Complete Largest Rice Mill In Sub-saharan Africa Early 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Overtakes Egypt As Largest Rice Producer In Africa’ by OlawaleSmarter1(m): 10:16pm On Mar 04, 2019
eluquenson:
Stop deceiving yourself, most of these rice are not local rice. Forget about using phones to browse.

We produce rice in Nigeria since 1900, but our production is yet to increase, government are only deceiving gullible Nigerians who believe the economy is better under this administration.

Leave matter for Mathias

No one said we just started rice Production, but the report claimed our Rice production have increase to the extent that we now export Rice outside the country. Mama Pride Rice is a Nigeria Rice and it is available in my City Market, you can ignore or debunk how you like that wouldn't change the Fact that we are now Largest Rice Exporter in Africa and we have local Rice in the markets
Re: Nigeria Overtakes Egypt As Largest Rice Producer In Africa’ by desiredhome: 10:19pm On Mar 04, 2019
Samunique:
And........ where is the rice ?

It's in your bedroom, one lazy youth detected
Re: Nigeria Overtakes Egypt As Largest Rice Producer In Africa’ by Charly68: 10:20pm On Mar 04, 2019
They haven't seen anything,wait until second term started many civil servants will own their farmlands & food will be surplus in the land
Re: Nigeria Overtakes Egypt As Largest Rice Producer In Africa’ by lexy2014: 10:20pm On Mar 04, 2019
OlawaleSmarter1:

and so ? But Buhari banning of Importation of Rice gave them more Chance, more local Farmers came in and the Local market increase and Grow because of that, but i don't know when Ebonyi started Rice production

If u dont no when ebonyi started producing rice, then i honestly don't no what u are trying to argue. B4 2015, there has been local rice production even without banning. Ebonyi has 4 long been producing d famed abakiliki rice. That's y u will c d picture a gentleman posted of d bag of ebonyi rice he consumes wasn't branded. In Edo state, there has always been local rice. Even in d north, they also produced local rice b4 2015. Even 4d importation ban u talking about, take a stroll to d market& c d stacks of bags of rice on display in stalls. It's Thailand all d way
Re: Nigeria Overtakes Egypt As Largest Rice Producer In Africa’ by JOMAX: 10:20pm On Mar 04, 2019
Dannyset:

http://thenationonlineng.net/nigeria-overtakes-egypt-as-largest-rice-producer-in-africa/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Hello,
I don't see the rice anywhere. Where is the competition cos I bought the last cap rice for 20k 2months ago. Where is the volume going and what happened to the competitive edge against smuggled and high tarrif foreign brands?
Re: Nigeria Overtakes Egypt As Largest Rice Producer In Africa’ by starstaz(m): 10:20pm On Mar 04, 2019
lexy500:
I hate all this news that doesn't relate to what is happening real life...that's how they said we were the fastest growing economy in Africa, only for us to end up in recession....now it is rice they are talking about. Pray the price doesn't increase soon...

Thanks Lexy. May God continues to butter ya bread.
How do I feel: Its only in naija that the basic laws of classroom economics never works or apply. What do I mean. How can D largest producer of rice in Africa never ever till thy kingdom comes translate to cheap price in market. Demand and supply. How come China and Thailand reputed has Largest rice producer and consumer sell D commodity at the cheapest price in their market.

Jump to Fuel economy or fossil economy. When the oil price rises in world market ( Forget d defense of monocultural economy apologist of govt failure), the Govt will put up an argument of why local fuel price is not sustainable with voodooism economic explanations. And will insist local price for fuel must go up. Take a deep breath, bro, when the price of fuel fall drastically the Voodoos strategist come up again with foolish excuses of how unsustainable it is to local economy, hence jerking up price will be cheeks in tongue. I tire O.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Overtakes Egypt As Largest Rice Producer In Africa’ by eluquenson(m): 10:22pm On Mar 04, 2019
OlawaleSmarter1:

No one said we just started rice Production, but the report claimed our Rice production have increase to the extent that we now export Rice outside the country. Mama Pride Rice is a Nigeria Rice and it is available in my City Market, you can ignore or debunk how you like that wouldn't change the Fact that we are now Largest Rice Exporter in Africa and we have local Rice in the markets
Lies everywhere, Nigeria is already doomed with lies.

Agricultural sector is yet to improve, what we produce is still not beyond what has been experienced before. Private individuals are only doing their best without govt intervention.

I don't need to read false news just to polish the deceitful administration we've got, but rather see it materialize

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Overtakes Egypt As Largest Rice Producer In Africa’ by OlawaleSmarter1(m): 10:22pm On Mar 04, 2019
Amossity:

Dollar affect imported rice(agreed), but now dat importation of rice has stop. Now, how comes this dollar still affect the price of rice produced in nigeria?

Nigeria Traders are greedy, they will sell it at expensive price as long as there is no one to stop them.
Re: Nigeria Overtakes Egypt As Largest Rice Producer In Africa’ by desiredhome: 10:23pm On Mar 04, 2019
adecz:
grin grin grin

Ghost rice!!

The only area you can't defeat this
govt is telling lies and putting up fake
statistics.

And Bubu thinks all is true.

Some have eyes but can not see
Re: Nigeria Overtakes Egypt As Largest Rice Producer In Africa’ by OlawaleSmarter1(m): 10:24pm On Mar 04, 2019
starstaz:

Thanks Lexy. May God continues to butter ya bread.
How do I feel: Its only in naija that the basic laws of classroom economics never works or apply. What do I mean. How can D largest producer of rice in Africa never ever till thy kingdom comes translate to cheap price in market. Demand and supply. How come China and Thailand reputed has Largest rice producer and consumer sell D commodity at the cheapest price in their market.

Jump to Fuel economy or fossil economy. When the oil price rises in world market ( Forget d defense of monocultural economy apologist of govt failure), the Govt will put up an argument of why local fuel price is not sustainable with voodooism economic explanations. And will insist local price for fuel must go up. Take a deep breath, bro, when the price of fuel fall drastically the Voodoos strategist come up again with foolish excuses of how unsustainable it is to local economy, hence jerking up price will be cheeks in tongue. I tire O.

Nigeria traders and Business men are all Greedy, you are talking as if you don't know Nigerians. They will sell anything at Expensive price as long as there is no one to stop them.
Re: Nigeria Overtakes Egypt As Largest Rice Producer In Africa’ by Olamipapa(m): 10:26pm On Mar 04, 2019
my neighbor said one rubber of rice has reduced by #50. From 550 to 500.
Re: Nigeria Overtakes Egypt As Largest Rice Producer In Africa’ by bareal(m): 10:27pm On Mar 04, 2019
lexy2014:

If u dont no when ebonyi started producing rice, then i honestly don't no what u are trying to argue. B4 2015, there has been local rice production even without banning. Ebonyi has 4 long been producing d famed abakiliki rice. That's y u will c d picture a gentleman posted of d bag of ebonyi rice he consumes wasn't branded. In Edo state, there has always been local rice. Even in d north, they also produced local rice b4 2015. Even 4d importation ban u talking about, take a stroll to d market& c d stacks of bags of rice on display in stalls. It's Thailand all d way

Leave them make dem dey deceive demself....
Re: Nigeria Overtakes Egypt As Largest Rice Producer In Africa’ by keryj(f): 10:28pm On Mar 04, 2019
Myde4naija:
go to the north you will definitely be convinced that this news isn't fake at all.

To the north? Is north alone Nigeria? Why can't it be accessible in other areas as easily as it is in the north at same price?
Re: Nigeria Overtakes Egypt As Largest Rice Producer In Africa’ by OlawaleSmarter1(m): 10:28pm On Mar 04, 2019
eluquenson:
Lies everywhere, Nigeria is already doomed with lies.

Agricultural sector is yet to improve, what we produce is still not beyond what has been experienced before. Private individuals are only doing their best without govt intervention.

I don't need to read false news just to polish the deceitful administration we've got, but rather see it materialize

There is no lies anywhere you just want to blind yourself from the truth. Don't you know when Buhari Banned Importation of Rice in Nigeria? Do you think he could banned importation of Rice in Nigeria without any Alternative to where Nigeria will be getting their rice from? We now have local Rice in the Markets, Nigeria Traders and Business men are all greedy they will sell anything at Expensive price as long as there is no one to stop them
Re: Nigeria Overtakes Egypt As Largest Rice Producer In Africa’ by Od1n: 10:30pm On Mar 04, 2019
Just like the imaginary Naija Airline? Scam
Re: Nigeria Overtakes Egypt As Largest Rice Producer In Africa’ by Butoneday2(m): 10:30pm On Mar 04, 2019
And where still importing from Thai? Story for the gods
Re: Nigeria Overtakes Egypt As Largest Rice Producer In Africa’ by Positiveminds(m): 10:30pm On Mar 04, 2019
Yet the prices of bags of rice haven't come down. Who did this to you people?You gullible minds
Re: Nigeria Overtakes Egypt As Largest Rice Producer In Africa’ by kingPhidel(m): 10:32pm On Mar 04, 2019
I must'nt read through but i know is lai mohammed that will disclose this info.
Re: Nigeria Overtakes Egypt As Largest Rice Producer In Africa’ by kremlin01(m): 10:33pm On Mar 04, 2019
Dannyset:

http://thenationonlineng.net/nigeria-overtakes-egypt-as-largest-rice-producer-in-africa/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

This post is a mis information and it should be reported as a pregnant lie from the pit of hell...

God help us in this our next level
If we dont stand up to all all these nonsense we will wake up one day as refugees in our own country..
Re: Nigeria Overtakes Egypt As Largest Rice Producer In Africa’ by eluquenson(m): 10:33pm On Mar 04, 2019
OlawaleSmarter1:

There is no lies anywhere you just want to blind yourself from the truth. Don't you know when Buhari Banned Importation of Rice in Nigeria? Do you think he could banned importation of Rice in Nigeria without any Alternative to where Nigeria will be getting their rice from? We now have local Rice in the Markets, Nigeria Traders and Business men are all greedy they will sell anything at Expensive price as long as there is no one to stop them
Now, I want to believe these lies. I reside in Lagos, where exactly will I get the local rice we're exporting?

I am a seller of Ofada Rice & I can boast to tell you that nothing has changed when it comes to production of rice. We have local rice definitely but the whole rice produced in Nigeria CANNOT FEED Lagos for one day, I repeat one day.
Let the govt revamp agricultural sector, they don't need to tell us, we will definitely see it flood the market. All these are just political gimmicks.
Re: Nigeria Overtakes Egypt As Largest Rice Producer In Africa’ by bizhop01: 10:34pm On Mar 04, 2019
I still recall when I bought one bag of rice for #9000
Re: Nigeria Overtakes Egypt As Largest Rice Producer In Africa’ by GreenArrow2: 10:35pm On Mar 04, 2019
eluquenson:
Stop deceiving yourself, most of these rice are not local rice. Forget about using phones to browse.

We produce rice in Nigeria since 1900, but our production is yet to increase, government are only deceiving gullible Nigerians who believe the economy is better under this administration.

Leave matter for Mathias

Those three products are what we buy in my house. Over 5 years running. If you don't know a thing, learn it. When next you go to the market, ask them. However, if your purpose is to discredit the fact that there is a sizable increase in production as purported in the article then I must say that truly, you lacka lot of information about your country. Some only want to see bad in everything so it's understandable. Keep seeing bad.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Overtakes Egypt As Largest Rice Producer In Africa’ by keryj(f): 10:38pm On Mar 04, 2019
Largest producer that cannot buy at cheap price in the market is that one a producer.

We are celebrating the news forgetting that it's happening because Egypt decided to let it happen.

I don't expect to see any foreign rice in the market after the ban but it's still littered everywhere even at higher prices, so who is suffering who

When the price difference is not more than #100 per mudu between the local and foreign rice, why won't I opt for foreign rice that am sure of.

Let's keep celebrating this kind of news, guess it suits us
Re: Nigeria Overtakes Egypt As Largest Rice Producer In Africa’ by GambaOsaka: 10:44pm On Mar 04, 2019
objobj:

Nobody show up again.
They don find their levels. Focusless and unreasonable people

Re: Nigeria Overtakes Egypt As Largest Rice Producer In Africa’ by sageer1706(m): 10:44pm On Mar 04, 2019
We are getting somewhere, even though some people don't like good news especially in this regim
Re: Nigeria Overtakes Egypt As Largest Rice Producer In Africa’ by 9jaArea: 10:46pm On Mar 04, 2019
Mama gold is a 100% Nigerian rice planted, processed and packaged in Nigeria. There are other brands in the Matket that are Nigerian made.

DesChyko:
Oshey!! grin
Up Naija.. Baddest rice producer!!

Reality Check:
Click Like if you still buy foreign rice.
Click Share if you have never seen sacks of this our Naija rice in your local markets.
Quote if you see and eat them anywhere here in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Overtakes Egypt As Largest Rice Producer In Africa’ by nextstep(m): 10:47pm On Mar 04, 2019
homosapien:
Sai Baba is working.

So Egypt reduces their production by 40% because of water-conservation concerns, and suddenly because of the numbers, Nigeria by default rises up in the ranks of rice producer and for some reason this is due to Buhari? Abeg.
Then next year when they restart full rice production, we will say what?
Re: Nigeria Overtakes Egypt As Largest Rice Producer In Africa’ by Charmingrascal(m): 10:51pm On Mar 04, 2019
PMB is working
Thank God Nigerians rejected Atiku
God that will not allow anybody to jeopardize what PMB has worked for in the last four years made Atiku loose.
They ganged up against PMB but as a leader that was ordained and appointed by God he overcame them.

By the time the NEXT LEVEL fully kicks off other Countries will be envious of Nigeria and would want to learn from us.

Said Baba!!!
Call us Zombies we don't mind
PMB is teaching all of us to cut our coats according to our clothes.
No free money you must work to earn money.

The good people are wit you PMB only children of hates and lazy ones who want to get rich over night are against you.
Re: Nigeria Overtakes Egypt As Largest Rice Producer In Africa’ by binaws(m): 10:52pm On Mar 04, 2019
AND SOME WASTEFUL YOUTH SAY BABA IS NOT WORKING. IT SHALL NT BE WEL WIT DEM. SAI BABA JOH
Re: Nigeria Overtakes Egypt As Largest Rice Producer In Africa’ by Charmingrascal(m): 10:55pm On Mar 04, 2019
keryj:
Largest producer that cannot buy at cheap price in the market is that one a producer.

We are celebrating the news forgetting that it's happening because Egypt decided to let it happen.

I don't expect to see any foreign rice in the market after the ban but it's still littered everywhere even at higher prices, so who is suffering who

When the price difference is not more than #100 per mudu between the local and foreign rice, why won't I opt for foreign rice that am sure of.

Let's keep celebrating this kind of news, guess it suits us

You are seeing foreign rice in the market because some saboteurs don't want Nigeria to work.
They don't want to see a self sufficient Nigeria for their own selfish reasons, but we must get there
Re: Nigeria Overtakes Egypt As Largest Rice Producer In Africa’ by Charmingrascal(m): 10:57pm On Mar 04, 2019
nextstep:

So Egypt reduces their production by 40% because of water-conservation concerns, and suddenly because of the numbers, Nigeria by default rises up in the ranks of rice producer and for some reason this is due to Buhari? Abeg.
Then next year when they restart full rice production, we will say what?

Even if we are second to Egypt it shows that we are getting there gradually.
Tell me if Nigeria was close to third rice producing Country 5 to 6 years ago

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Two Nigerians Go Into Agriculture Because Of Economic Hardship. Pictures / Akwa Ibom Coconut Oil Factory To Commence Operation Tomorrow (Pictures) / Hybrid cocoa pod and seedling (t.c series 1-8)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.