Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,473 members, 7,770,163 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:19 AM

Teacher Flogs Student, 12 Strokes, For Not Completing Her Homework (Photos) - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Teacher Flogs Student, 12 Strokes, For Not Completing Her Homework (Photos) (51848 Views)

Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death / Unic Vilos Teacher Flogs 2-Year-Old Pupil Who Could Not Recite English Alphabet / See What My 3 Years Old Daughter Did For Her Homework (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Teacher Flogs Student, 12 Strokes, For Not Completing Her Homework (Photos) by ImaIma1(f): 9:36am On Mar 05, 2019
sparog:

Being thinking about this too, the assignment are just too much. I won't mind if it's assignment for weekends but why give a child so many assignments daily.

Because the teachers are trying to reduce their workload by shifting responsibility. If I am going to be occupied with plenty homework that my child brings home, I will approach the principal and demand a salary since I am doing the teacher's work.
Re: Teacher Flogs Student, 12 Strokes, For Not Completing Her Homework (Photos) by ImaIma1(f): 9:40am On Mar 05, 2019
bibiking7:

Have you talked to the teacher?
Why not start from there. Let's hear what she has to say.

Whatever the teacher had to say, she should have said it before brutalising the child. There is no justification for it
Re: Teacher Flogs Student, 12 Strokes, For Not Completing Her Homework (Photos) by gibzzhd: 9:41am On Mar 05, 2019
sirxbit:
God help the person that will do this to my child....you will be half dead by the time am through with you
Stop the ranting,ur ignorance speaks volume here.spoil ur kids and u would be the one to suffer it along with the society.
Re: Teacher Flogs Student, 12 Strokes, For Not Completing Her Homework (Photos) by linecrosser: 9:41am On Mar 05, 2019
In As much as I don't support the way the student was flogged, the best thing for the parent to do is to go to the school and find out what the student actually did. What if the girl is lying and the reason she was flogged is different from the one she told her parents at home.
Most schools have cancelled the use of cane now, so the level of indiscipline is high, at the end they will blame the teachers for everything. God will help teachers

1 Like

Re: Teacher Flogs Student, 12 Strokes, For Not Completing Her Homework (Photos) by Limitless72(m): 9:47am On Mar 05, 2019
twinstaiye:
So having time for kids is supervising assignments? The work of the teacher is to teach academically, parents have their own task on kids at home too. I used to frown at assignments given to kids especially if they are too much. Nowadays teachers are so lazy as to teach, so they resort to giving assignments and then making parents crack their brain for what they had paid for. Assignments are for what was taught in class, to see if the kid have a grasp of it.
As for the kid from OP post, if a kid offence is non completion of assignments, then the teacher can make the kid do it in the class, not punishment, as far as am concern, on no circumstances does a teacher have right to impose corporal punishment on my kids.

You can talk ehnnnn....
it's people like you your kids would grow up one day and beat the hell out of you.....
Re: Teacher Flogs Student, 12 Strokes, For Not Completing Her Homework (Photos) by Ponytail22: 9:47am On Mar 05, 2019
Pervert lipsrsealed
EastGold:
But your daughter get sweet legs sha
Re: Teacher Flogs Student, 12 Strokes, For Not Completing Her Homework (Photos) by ImaIma1(f): 9:47am On Mar 05, 2019
calddon:
Is the child a stubborn or lazy? If this is true, then it may seem wise not to rebuke the teachers actions in front of the child so that he or she understands that there are consequences for being lazy or stubborn.

The teacher could met privately and your grievance made known to him or her.

I believe that there is no learning without discipline. But it should be discipline to the proper degree especially to correspond with the childs age and wrong

No mind me, na Command school i go.

I went to command too... boarding for that matter. It still doesn't warrant this kind of beating. Parents whether "bloody" civilians or officers would still come and create a scene and complain.

What if the child passes out in the process and dies, the teacher will say it was discipline.
Re: Teacher Flogs Student, 12 Strokes, For Not Completing Her Homework (Photos) by elemagoon(m): 9:51am On Mar 05, 2019
Good morning ma.
Before taking any action, I implore you to do a bit of findings if its only because your daughter did not do her homework was why she was flogged.
While I personally think the strokes of cane, judging from the number strokes (12), marks/wound on her is a bit excessive, I would not want you to outrightly condemn the teacher's action. And when confronting the school authority and or teacher, please ensure the girl is not present.
There is always a flip side to an issue.
You may channel your rejection of this act by the teacher to the school authority with the said teacher sternly warned to adopt a middle approach eg kneeling down, raising hands up etc to replace flogging in future etc if you feel its a better option.
It is only when and if you feel your views are disrespected or your concern in respect of the flogging is not getting the right attention should you consider withdrawing her from the school and or involving state institutions eg the Police, Child Welfare etc.
The positive flip side to this matter is the girl may henceforth never ever fail to do her homework again which is a plus.
It is in consideration of this above fact that I implore you to be a bit circumspect in your reaction.
May God help us all. May your effort never be in vain.
A concerned father.

1 Like

Re: Teacher Flogs Student, 12 Strokes, For Not Completing Her Homework (Photos) by macello4(m): 9:51am On Mar 05, 2019
miracood:
i don't support the teacher but wat if the girl got wat she deserved??
are u ok? Because of assigment u will beat my daughter like dis? U go beat me Joine, abi na u dey pay d school fee?
Re: Teacher Flogs Student, 12 Strokes, For Not Completing Her Homework (Photos) by SamuelEzeigbo(m): 9:51am On Mar 05, 2019
R2bees:
Good morning sir, Sir i want you eat and drink enough water, wait for about 30mins for the food to digest, come back and re-read your post, if it still make sense to you, then i will refer you to a psychiatrist.. Trust me he's the best in town.

OMO! This one loud oh. See finishing in a pleasant, orderly and a more decent order. Chai!!
Re: Teacher Flogs Student, 12 Strokes, For Not Completing Her Homework (Photos) by phoenixchap: 9:55am On Mar 05, 2019
EastGold:
But your daughter get sweet legs sha
Who let the dog out....

#Paedophile Alert
Re: Teacher Flogs Student, 12 Strokes, For Not Completing Her Homework (Photos) by ImaIma1(f): 9:56am On Mar 05, 2019
linecrosser:
In As much as I don't support the way the student was flogged, the best thing for the parent to do is to go to the school and find out what the student actually did. What if the girl is lying and the reason she was flogged is different from the one she told her parents at home.
Most schools have cancelled the use of cane now, so the level of indiscipline is high, at the end they will blame the teachers for everything. God will help teachers

Find out what the student did? Just like if a husband beats his wife black and blue, they should ask what she did so that the beating can be justified?

This kind of beating is wrong in any case. There are many other effective punishments for children, not this. That teacher cannot take it also if a teacher beats their own children.
Re: Teacher Flogs Student, 12 Strokes, For Not Completing Her Homework (Photos) by Glory2DLamb(m): 9:56am On Mar 05, 2019
galadima77:

For not doing assignment? I won't take it since there are countless ways to correct the child. And what does western education truly guarantee VI's a VI's assignments.

Even the whites that brought it to us will never treat their children this way

There is more to the story than the homework affair. The homework was only a trigger for an overcharged time bomb of rudeness and ancillaries!

Might be worthwhile doing a thorough background check.
Re: Teacher Flogs Student, 12 Strokes, For Not Completing Her Homework (Photos) by Humanitarian5t(m): 10:11am On Mar 05, 2019
You were there when she didn't do the assignment... You don't care now she received cane.. You now pretend to.
Let children understand that there are punishment for indiscipline. Common 12 strokes... Come to my school no do assignment see Wetin Mr Ola go do you... Ole oshi
Re: Teacher Flogs Student, 12 Strokes, For Not Completing Her Homework (Photos) by calddon(m): 10:12am On Mar 05, 2019
ImaIma1:

I went to command too... boarding for that matter. It still doesn't warrant this kind of beating. Parents whether "bloody" civilians or officers would still come and create a scene and complain.

What if the child passes out in the process and dies, the teacher will say it was discipline.
i didn't justify the teachers actions. Go through my comments again ma'am.
Re: Teacher Flogs Student, 12 Strokes, For Not Completing Her Homework (Photos) by formular2002(m): 10:19am On Mar 05, 2019
I may be having a different opinion here. I attended a govt secondary school in d late 90s and that kind of caning is a welcome development from our parents. They will even threaten to report me to that same teacher if i misbehave. Thank God am better for it now. I think the problem is the LOST VALUE FOR DISCIPLINE. Parents now see it as a taboo for teachers to touch their children.
I bet u many of us here have one or two "wicked' teachers in our school days that we are silently grateful to. I know what am saying. The logic here is
'Since u know u have a tough teacher like that, ensure u do his/her assignment and do the assignments well'
Re: Teacher Flogs Student, 12 Strokes, For Not Completing Her Homework (Photos) by Khd95(m): 10:20am On Mar 05, 2019
Fourwinds:
I think u will be the one to start teaching ur children... So u mean a student shouldn't be given assignment? U can keep her at home ok
assignment should be done in school

Exams and assignments is not a yard stuck to measure brilliancy or intelligence, u don't one cos u we're equally scammed
Re: Teacher Flogs Student, 12 Strokes, For Not Completing Her Homework (Photos) by ImaIma1(f): 10:21am On Mar 05, 2019
calddon:
i didn't justify the teachers actions. Go through my comments again ma'am.

But this kind of beating should not be the consequences for being lazy and stubborn especially from someone that didn't bring the child into the world
Re: Teacher Flogs Student, 12 Strokes, For Not Completing Her Homework (Photos) by formular2002(m): 10:22am On Mar 05, 2019
ImaIma1:

But this kind of beating should not be the consequences for being lazy and stubborn especially from someone that didn't bring the child into the world

Its because she was flogged on her legs. I tell u, its nothing compared to what many of us passed through in school.
Re: Teacher Flogs Student, 12 Strokes, For Not Completing Her Homework (Photos) by Israeljones(m): 10:23am On Mar 05, 2019
ImaIma1:

Because the teachers are trying to reduce their workload by shifting responsibility. If I am going to be occupied with plenty homework that my child brings home, I will approach the principal and demand a salary since I am doing the teacher's work.
As funny as this may sound...it doesnt reduce the fact that it is careless and silly

Re: Teacher Flogs Student, 12 Strokes, For Not Completing Her Homework (Photos) by joncom(m): 10:25am On Mar 05, 2019
Before we crucify the teacher. Some things needs to be looked at: (though he was wrong)

1. That teacher may even be the students best teacher.
2. Have the teacher acted this way before, or he or she is known for such act?
3. Most children this days have very delicate skins and get bruises at the lightest touch.
4. Is she the saucy type. And have been repeatedly warned?
5. Has he apologize already to the girl, and she has forgiven him or her.
My submission: The parent should see the teacher and make him understand that they are not happy with what he did.
Re: Teacher Flogs Student, 12 Strokes, For Not Completing Her Homework (Photos) by Nobody: 10:25am On Mar 05, 2019
phoenixchap:
Who let the dog out....

#Paedophile Alert

Re: Teacher Flogs Student, 12 Strokes, For Not Completing Her Homework (Photos) by win3k: 10:26am On Mar 05, 2019
in 2019 primitive Africans still practice this?
Re: Teacher Flogs Student, 12 Strokes, For Not Completing Her Homework (Photos) by Tolubory(m): 10:36am On Mar 05, 2019
EmekaBlue:
What do you think her parents should do or the best way to handle such matter?

Mo ti ma fi blow reset Teeth e .
before ki n to Arrest e.,.
Re: Teacher Flogs Student, 12 Strokes, For Not Completing Her Homework (Photos) by Andykji: 10:39am On Mar 05, 2019
EmekaBlue:
What do you think her parents should do or the best way to handle such matter?
i will first faint am before we continue the fight
Re: Teacher Flogs Student, 12 Strokes, For Not Completing Her Homework (Photos) by ikelords(m): 10:43am On Mar 05, 2019
For this child to be flogged this way it means the child is in the habit of not doing her assignment and she deserve what she got. Don't make the mistake of confronting her teacher or doing anything stupid because if your child knows, she will always do what she likes knowing her parents will fight for her in that way u are raising a child that will bring you sorrow in future...
Re: Teacher Flogs Student, 12 Strokes, For Not Completing Her Homework (Photos) by david22uu(m): 10:43am On Mar 05, 2019
twinstaiye:
So having time for kids is supervising assignments? The work of the teacher is to teach academically, parents have their own task on kids at home too. I used to frown at assignments given to kids especially if they are too much. Nowadays teachers are so lazy as to teach, so they resort to giving assignments and then making parents crack their brain for what they had paid for. Assignments are for what was taught in class, to see if the kid have a grasp of it.
As for the kid from OP post, if a kid offence is non completion of assignments, then the teacher can make the kid do it in the class, not punishment, as far as am concern, on no circumstances does a teacher have right to impose corporal punishment on my kids.

Train ur own children to be lazy.. u hear
Re: Teacher Flogs Student, 12 Strokes, For Not Completing Her Homework (Photos) by Malawian(m): 10:49am On Mar 05, 2019
I don't know how they raise children nowadays. I received worse than this from my own Dad, let alone my house master in Boarding School (Who is the greatest flogger ever liveth). Did i die?
Re: Teacher Flogs Student, 12 Strokes, For Not Completing Her Homework (Photos) by orjaha(m): 10:53am On Mar 05, 2019
As she been doing the assessment given by the teacher? Though I don't support this.
Tell us the truth

1 Like

Re: Teacher Flogs Student, 12 Strokes, For Not Completing Her Homework (Photos) by agnes7(f): 10:57am On Mar 05, 2019
Flogging on the legs is not good. The best place to flog students is the buttocks.

SweetHearted:

Small thing you would be insulting our God.

But do you stop to ask questions about your god Allah?

Reliable investigation has revealed that Allah was one of the many gods worshipped by the Arabs.

It was represented by the black stone because in those days, every god was represented by something like a carving or natural object.

What your prophet did was to stop the worship of the other idols so that only Allah could be worshipped.

That is why you people kiss the black stone because it represents that deity called Allah.

The Arabic name for the almighty God who created all things is Ilah but not Allah.

Allah is not the almighty God who created all things. He is just a diety represented by a black stone in kabba.

But now, all muslims call almighty God Allah, but they don't know that what they are facing the east to worship is a black stone in kabba which is Allah symbolically.

Even before islam came, the way muslims slam their heads in worship, was the same way some of the idols in kabba were worshipped.

Also, even before islam came into existence, one of your prophet's relatives(who was the custodian of the idol called Allah) was a man named Abdallah meaning "servant of Allah".

Every idol in kabba had a servant tending to it.

Your prophet only stopped the worship of other idols so that Allah which was the idol of his family could be worshipped.

Sometimes we need to know the truth about something instead of living in lies just to feel our religion is the best.

At least we worship Jesus Christ who is the son of God who paid the prize for us to make heaven when we die.

It is better than worshipping something and thinking it is God.

Another thing is that a religion which was founded 600 years after christianity by a man who is not even from Israel cannot come and be talking about Jesus Christ.

How can an Arab prophet (who is not from israel and who came 600 years after the apostles) be writing about Jesus Christ when he was not there?

How can an Arab who came 600 years later rebunk the testimony of Paul who persecuted the Christians but was arrested by Jesus Christ and became a believer in Jesus Christ?

Jesus Christ then revealed Himself to Paul and he wrote elaborately in his Epistles that Jesus Christ was the son of God who is the saviour of mankind.

He wrote these things because as he said, it was the revelations that he received concerning Jesus Christ and who He was.

Yet someone came 600 years later with a religion and began to say things he knew nothing about.

If something happens today, can someone come 600 years later to tell the story more than someone who is witnessing it today?

Was he even an Israelite? No.

How did he know?

So all those stories about Jesus Christ not dying and all the statements credited to Him in the islamic holy book are not true. I will rather believe Apostles Peter, Paul and the other eye witnesses as written in the Bible.

Someone said it was his relative that use to tell him stories which he attributed to angels.

He sometimes got confused and mixed up the stories the man told him.

That is why he mixed up Miriam the sister of Moses with Mary the mother of Jesus who lived centuries apart.

Yet he claimed angelic visitations.

Re: Teacher Flogs Student, 12 Strokes, For Not Completing Her Homework (Photos) by Tiffbuxas: 11:00am On Mar 05, 2019
galadima77:

For not doing assignment? I won't take it since there are countless ways to correct the child. And what does western education truly guarantee VI's a VI's assignments.

Even the whites that brought it to us will never treat their children this way
we don't just copy western education we add our own spice... Those marks will fade jare.. You know how may we chop for skol? It's just 12
Re: Teacher Flogs Student, 12 Strokes, For Not Completing Her Homework (Photos) by maasoap(m): 11:01am On Mar 05, 2019
miracood:
i don't support the teacher but wat if the girl got wat she deserved??

That's an abuse, animal. Try that abroad and get yourself sacked and tried in the court. We all suffered this kind of Brutality when we were in school. But things have changed. You beat my kid like this, I will lock you up, get compensation and get you making a written agreement that you will never repeat it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Meet Zainab Bashir, First Class Graduate Of Usmanu Danfodiyo University Sokoto / 11 OOU Students Die In Tragic Car Accident (photos) / Anambra Secondary Students Wear Native Cloths To School On Wednesdays

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.