Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,798 members, 7,798,698 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:43 AM

21 Celebrities Who Own Private Jets - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 21 Celebrities Who Own Private Jets (66394 Views)

These Are 21 Celebrities With Nigerian Origin / Nigerian Celebrities Who Own Private Jets / 21 Celebrities Who Own Private Jets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

21 Celebrities Who Own Private Jets by AutoJoshNG: 12:03pm On Mar 05, 2019
Let’s face it, flying in your own private jet is the ultimate way of moving around.

It is also a good method of saving travel time.

Very few people can afford to buy their own private jet, which is why only a select few have their own.

So, we have listed a few famous people -  entertainers and athletes  - who flying first class on a commercial plane just won’t do it for them.

Some of them are listed below.

Tiger Woods

Eldrick "Tiger" Woods is one of the most successful golfers of all time. For several years, he was rated as the highest-paid athletes in the world.

Tiger Woods owns a Gulfstream G550, which sells for $53.5 million. The 18-seater can fly upward of 7,500 miles nonstop without refueling.

Tyler Perry

Tyler Perry is an American actor and filmmaker. Between May 2010 and 2011, he was rated by Forbes as the highest paid entertainer.

Perry owns a Gulfstream III aircraft. The aircraft is reportedly worth $125 million.

The aircraft has a customized theater on board with special lighting, electronically controlled cool mood window shades, a 42-inch HD LCD screen, and multiple Blu-ray players.

Perry’s plane also has a formal dining room, a modern kitchen and a private VIP bedroom.

Christiano Ronaldo

Christiano Ronaldo is a Portuguese professional footballer. He currently plays for the Italian football club, Juventus FC.

Forbes rated him, in 2017, as the highest earning footballer in the world.

Ronaldo's owns an 18-seater Gulfstream G650 valued at €19 million. He uses it to fly around the world on his marketing missions. When the plane is not in use by him, he rents it out at a cost of 6,000 euros an hour to recoup some of the cost.

The aircraft features separate bathrooms for the crew and passengers, wardrobes, internet access, telephone, fax, microwave, electric oven, fridge for drinks, and entertainment systems.

Jackie Chan

Jackie Chan is a Hong Kong martial artist, actor, film director, producer, stuntman, and singer. He has been acting since the 1960s and has appeared in over 150 films.

Jackie Chan owns a Brazilian-made Embraer Legacy 650. He paid about $20 million for it. The aircraft has gold and red dragons painted on its side, as well as Jackie Chan’s personal logo.

Oprah Winfrey

Oprah Winfrey is an American media mogul. Her talk show “The Oprah Winfrey Show” is reputed as one of the most successful talk shows ever.

She is currently the richest African-American, and North America's first multi-billionaire black person. She is also regarded as the most influential woman in the world.

Winfrey has been known to own some private jets in the past and it includes a Bombardier Global Express XRS, estimated to be worth $42 million.

However, she later acquired a Gulfstream G650 private jet with registration N-540W. The jet was built in 2015 and delivered to Winfrey in 2016.

Floyd Mayweather

Floyd Joy Mayweather Jr. is a retired American professional boxer and boxing promoter. He went undefeated in his career and is ranked among the highest paid athletes in the world.

He has 3 private jets in his personal collection. The third one, a Gulfstream 111, was acquired as a birthday gift to himself in February 2018.

The 12-seater aircraft features golden cup holders, golden washbasin and gold accents and an all-white leather seats and a fully stocked kitchen.

Angelina Jolie

Angelina Jolie is an American actress, filmmaker, and humanitarian.

She is famous for her roles in movies like Tomb Raider (2001), Mr. & Mrs. Smith (2005), Wanted (2008), Salt (2010),  A Mighty Heart (2007), Changeling (2008), Maleficent (2014), In the Land of Blood and Honey (2011), Unbroken (2014) and First They Killed My Father (2017).

Jolie owns the efficient Cirrus SR22, which is worth a moderate price of $650,000. Her then fiancée and now ex-husband, Brad Pitt, bought it for her.

Harrison Ford

Harrison Ford is an American actor and film producer. He is famous for his starring roles as “Han Solo” in the Star Wars film series and as the title character of the Indiana Jones film series.

Harrison Ford is a lover of aircraft. This love for aircraft and aircraft lured him into maintaining his own fleet of aircraft.

Some of the aircraft in his personal fleet includes a Beechcraft B36TC Bonanza, Aviat A-1B Husky, 929-vintage Waco Taperwing, DHC-2 Beaver, Cessna 182, Cessna 208B Grand Caravan, and a Bell 407 helicopter.

Celine Dion

Céline Dion is a Canadian singer and businesswoman.

She achieved worldwide fame in the ‘90s after releasing several English albums along with additional French albums. Some of her very popular songs include "The Power of Love", "Think Twice", "Because You Loved Me", "It's All Coming Back to Me Now", "My Heart Will Go On", and "I'm Your Angel", etc.

Céline Dion owns a Bombardier BD 700 Global Express XRS. This plane is fitted with several bathrooms, a full kitchen, etc. It is reported to have a price tag of $42million.

This particular Bombardier can hold up to 18 passengers.

Jay Z

Shawn Carter, known professionally as Jay-Z, is an American rapper and businessman.

He is a proud owner of a $40million Bombardier Challenger 850 Learjet.

The aircraft was a 2012 father’s day gift to him by his superstar wife, Beyoncé.

The aircraft features a living room, a kitchen, a bedroom as well as two full bathrooms.

The luxury plane is also capable of accommodating 15-19 passengers.

Steven Spielberg

Steven Spielberg is an American filmmaker who is considered as one of the most successful filmmakers in history. He is famous for producing films like Jaws (1975), E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (1982), Schindler's List (1993) and Saving Private Ryan (1998), and Jurassic Park (1993).

He is also one of the co-founders of DreamWorks Studios - an American film production company.

Steven Spielberg owns a US$ 70 million Gulfstream G650 private jet.

Morgan Freeman

Morgan Freeman is a veteran American actor, producer and narrator. He is known for his roles in movies such as Million Dollar Baby (2004), Street Smart (1987), Driving Miss Daisy (1989), The Shawshank Redemption (1994) and Invictus (2009).

Freeman enjoys flying. At age 65, he earned a private pilot's license. He owns or has owned at least three private aircraft, including a Cessna Citation 501 jet and a Cessna 414 twin-engine prop.

In 2007, he purchased an Emivest SJ30 long-range private jet and took delivery in December 2009.

Neymar

Neymar da Silva Santos Júnior or simply “Neymar” or “Neymar Jr.”, is a Brazilian professional footballer. He currently plays as a forward for French club Paris Saint-Germain and the Brazil national team.

Neymar owns an Embraer Phenom 100 jet. This jet has a price of approximately US$ 4 million. He also owns another jet, a Cessna Citation 680. This jet was built in 2008 and has a price of around US$ 5 million. This jet is registered to Neymar Sports and Marketing.

Neymar also owns a helicopter  - a Eurocopter EC130B4. The helicopter was bought by Neymar in 2013.  The helicopter has Neymar’s initials NJR on its tail. A Eurocopter EC130 has a price of US$ 4 million.

Tracy McGrady

Tracy Lamar McGrady is an American retired professional basketball player.

He was popular in the National Basketball Association (NBA), where he played as both a shooting guard and small forward.

McGrady owns a Falcon 2000 jet. The aircraft is worth an estimated $27 Million.

Former NBA star Tracy McGrady saved his salaries so that he could purchase this private jet for his family. According to him, this was the best decision he ever made.

Jim Carrey 

Jim Carrey is a Canadian-American actor, comedian, impressionist, screenwriter, and producer.

He is famous for his roles in movies such as Pet Detective (1994), Dumb and Dumber (1994), The Mask (1994), Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls (1995), Liar Liar (1997), etc.

This talented actor once lived out of a Volkswagen van. Today, he cruises around the world in his private jet, a Gulfstream V, which is estimated to be worth $59 million.

John Travolta

John Joseph Travolta is an American actor, film producer, dancer, and singer.

He is best known for his roles in movies such as Saturday Night Fever (1977), Grease (1978),  Look Who's Talking Too (1990), Look Who's Talking Now (1993),  Pulp Fiction (1994), Face/Off (1997), Swordfish (2001), Wild Hogs, and Hairspray (both 2007).

Travolta is known to own about 7 different aircraft. Some of them include a 1964 midsize Boeing 707,  a Bombardier Challenger CL-601, Eclipse Aviation EA500, a Gulfstream II and a few smaller planes.

Tom Cruise

Tom Cruise is an American actor and producer. Since 1996, Cruise has been well known for his role as IMF agent Ethan Hunt in the Mission: Impossible film series, whose most recent film, Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation, was released in 2015.

Cruise has been reported to own nothing less than 4 private jets. And they include a $20 million Gulfstream IV and a P-51 Mustang -  an American long-range single-seat fighter dating from World War II

Tom Cruise has held a pilot's license since 1994 and he often pilots all of the private jets that he owns.

Michael Schumacher

Michael Schumacher is a retired German racing driver. He is regarded as one of the greatest Formula One drivers ever.

The 7 times Formula One World Champion spent some of his career earnings on a Falcon 200 private jet. The Falcon 200 seats nine passengers and tops out around 460 knots while boasting luxury accommodations that include a full galley.

The jet was reported to have cost Schumacher approximately $22 million, which is somehow more expensive than the $7 million man-made island that was given to the driver as a retirement gift from the crown prince of Dubai.

Michael Jordan

Michael Jeffrey Jordan is an American retired professional basketball player, businessman, and owner of the Charlotte Hornets of the National Basketball Association (NBA).

Jordan is regarded as one of the greatest Basketballer ever. He played a key role in popularizing the NBA around the world in the 1980s and 1990s.

Jordan owns a Gulfstream IV. The jet has a Carolina Blue colour scheme that includes the iconic “Jumpman” logo on the tail. The jet’s call sign, N236MJ, which is made up of Jordan’s initials, his uniform number and the number of NBA titles he won as a player. The customized jet can reach a speed over 500 knots and is powered by dual Rolls-Royce engines.

Sergio Garcia

Sergio García Fernández is a Spanish professional golfer. He played on both the PGA Tour and the European Tour. As a professional golfer, he won 31 international tournaments, most notably

Sergio Garcia owns a Hawker 850 aircraft. He purchased it for $22 million. He uses it mostly to travel to and from his tournaments. The aircraft features a spacious cabin suitable for up to eight passengers and can cruise at a top speed of nearly 450 knots.

Magic Johnson

Earvin "Magic" Johnson Jr is an American retired professional basketball player. He played point guard for the Lakers for 13 seasons. He dominated the court as one of America's best basketball players for more than a decade, earning three NBA MVP. He is the current president of basketball operations of the basketball team, the LA Lakers.

Magic Johnson owns a Gulfstream III with the registration N32MJ. Thirty-two was his jersey number throughout his career, and MJ stands for his initials – a common trend with celebrities who own jets.

The aircraft, which can seat 21 people, is registered to Magic Johnson Entertainment Inc.

Source:

https://autojosh.com/21-celebrities-who-own-private-jets/

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 21 Celebrities Who Own Private Jets by HospitalityDiva(f): 12:03pm On Mar 05, 2019
Baba God, answer my call... grin grin grin

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: 21 Celebrities Who Own Private Jets by Larryfest(m): 12:23pm On Mar 05, 2019
I must have this money God please attend to my matter...

12 Likes

Re: 21 Celebrities Who Own Private Jets by hemartins(m): 1:51pm On Mar 05, 2019
We will all make this money.

2 Likes

Re: 21 Celebrities Who Own Private Jets by rentAcock(m): 1:51pm On Mar 05, 2019
This is a very impressive list. The only difference between these guys and the likes of Davido is that their average net worth is over $1 billion. So they can afford the outright purchase of an embrarer or a gulfstream and also pay a flight crew plus necessary maintenance. It's not an easy feat to own and pay a flight crew of pilots and flight attendants whose yearly salaries can cost 150 million naira and then cost of jet fuel for every hour of flight you could be shelling out 7 million naira and then maintenance takes the cake, you can easily pour over 200 million in maintenance alone. These guys can spend such amounts of money every week for the rest of their lives and still be multi billionaires, but Davido and Wizkid cannot, they instead lease a private jet and deceive the masses that they own it. Not hating here but we should never forget that in 1994 Rashidi Yekini became the first Nigerian player to score in the world cup tournament where we defeated Bulgaria 3-0.

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 21 Celebrities Who Own Private Jets by Timekeeper: 1:52pm On Mar 05, 2019
HospitalityDiva:

How??

If you want God to answer your call, stop flashing him... U r killing his battery.. Haba go and borrow money and buy credit.. Okay

I love Amatarasha

9 Likes

Re: 21 Celebrities Who Own Private Jets by moneyok(m): 1:52pm On Mar 05, 2019
What about Messi

7 Likes

Re: 21 Celebrities Who Own Private Jets by Nobody: 1:52pm On Mar 05, 2019
nice thread AutoJoshNG all the aforementioned celebrities deserves it and even more because they've paid their dues... One yeye blogger for include Davido there as if Davido papa fit afford jet

grin

5 Likes

Re: 21 Celebrities Who Own Private Jets by clinsman1: 1:52pm On Mar 05, 2019
I will belong to dis class one day

2 Likes

Re: 21 Celebrities Who Own Private Jets by bettercreature(m): 1:53pm On Mar 05, 2019
HospitalityDiva:
grin grin
Re: 21 Celebrities Who Own Private Jets by Oceannaagent: 1:53pm On Mar 05, 2019
OK, list not complete , as op didn't mention me.

2 Likes

Re: 21 Celebrities Who Own Private Jets by OboOlora(f): 1:53pm On Mar 05, 2019
Pls remove Celine dion, she’s as broke as Laura Ikejis husband

Update ur list and put 50cent n King James!

5 Likes

Re: 21 Celebrities Who Own Private Jets by mytime24(f): 1:53pm On Mar 05, 2019
Wat abt mi tongue

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 21 Celebrities Who Own Private Jets by freemanbubble: 1:54pm On Mar 05, 2019
These are men that owns it
They don't live a fake life style like that frogged voice called davido

The mask

I was surprised when i realized that tom cruise and shurah khan were the richest actors in the world

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 21 Celebrities Who Own Private Jets by femtex007(m): 1:54pm On Mar 05, 2019
Mine is on d way

2 Likes

Re: 21 Celebrities Who Own Private Jets by Melancho: 1:54pm On Mar 05, 2019
Private jets. Up next...they will be buying rockets! Mark my words. There is no boredom when you have too much money.

I create beautiful websites for N20K. I'm available... Call or WhatsApp me 07085013051

3 Likes

Re: 21 Celebrities Who Own Private Jets by Timekeeper: 1:54pm On Mar 05, 2019
clinsman1:
I will belong to dis class one day

Start from primary 1 first
Re: 21 Celebrities Who Own Private Jets by Depot(m): 1:54pm On Mar 05, 2019
What about Davido? AKA (Porsche we no see, Jet we no see).

5 Likes

Re: 21 Celebrities Who Own Private Jets by kinibigdeal(m): 1:55pm On Mar 05, 2019
13. Davido

19 Likes

Re: 21 Celebrities Who Own Private Jets by lateezy(f): 1:55pm On Mar 05, 2019
I will join soon
Re: 21 Celebrities Who Own Private Jets by Princelumide: 1:56pm On Mar 05, 2019
This is awesome not someone flaunting Fleet of cars...

Re: 21 Celebrities Who Own Private Jets by Nobody: 1:56pm On Mar 05, 2019
9 out of 20 are blacks lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: 21 Celebrities Who Own Private Jets by millionboi2: 1:56pm On Mar 05, 2019
David bought bt no receipt

6 Likes

Re: 21 Celebrities Who Own Private Jets by Ayoswit(f): 1:56pm On Mar 05, 2019
No Naija celebrity for the list? grin. These foreign celebrities are really living it big o.

1 Like

Re: 21 Celebrities Who Own Private Jets by holluphemydavid(m): 1:56pm On Mar 05, 2019
Where is OBO in d list
Re: 21 Celebrities Who Own Private Jets by Rizstar: 1:56pm On Mar 05, 2019
Majority of them are blacks. They don't know how to control their fortunes and impact to the society.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 21 Celebrities Who Own Private Jets by Sultty(m): 1:58pm On Mar 05, 2019
These set are outdated. There are more popular people who owns better models, someone like me I own one

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Korra Obidi Dances On The Street Of California With Nude Baby Bump / Don Jazzy Photoshops Himself Into Nude Photo Of Beyonce & Jay Z / Mercy Johnson Shows Off Her Low Haircut, Says Her Hubby Loves The New Look

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.