Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,180 members, 7,807,576 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:33 PM

Lady Boils Tomatoes And Onions Before Blending (Photos) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Lady Boils Tomatoes And Onions Before Blending (Photos) (41412 Views)

See The N50 Pepper And Onions I Bought In Kano / Tomatoes And Onions I Bought For 300 And 350 Naira Respectively In Nnewi / See The Tomatoes And Onions I Bought For 50 Naira In Zaria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lady Boils Tomatoes And Onions Before Blending (Photos) by Smoke2015: 3:19pm On Mar 05, 2019
To the average person who cooks, there is a <strong>general method of cooking stew in Nigeria</strong>, which involves blending the pepper, boiling and/or frying. At least this is the method I have always used to make fingerleaking stew...lol.

But a Nigeria Lady on micro blogging social networking site Twitter has shared an interesting, different method, which I have never heard of, prior to seeing her tweet. According to her, instead of blending then boiling the pepper, she boils the pepper raw, then blends.

Some curious Twitter users asked some valid questions, amidst admitting that it was a cooking method they had never heard before and were willing to give it a try. One of the questions was whether or not the pepper would loose all its nutrients in the pre boiling process. The Lady, Louisa Agunbiade responded:

When you boil after blending , it’s exactly the same thing as boiling before blending…you are not required to boil after you’ve blended it…just proceed to make your stew…you cook it for about 10 to 15 minutes so there’s no nutrient getting lost.

Another Twitter user asked if she blends the pepper with the water used for boiling, to which she responded:

I actually let mine get burnt a kit for extra flavor, doesn’t need extra water since it’s soft from boiling, but if it doesn’t blend, add jut a drop of water to get it going .

It is interesting to note that in some responses to her tweet, some Twitter users while acknowledging the method suggested that one can take this method of cooking stew a step further. They opined that the taste of the stew gets an even better flavour by grilling or even baking the pepper before blending instead of cooking. Others suggested that after the boiling, the pepper should be grated or manually grinded using local means or grinding stone for even better taste.

Have you ever heard of this method to cook stew? If no, will you be giving it a try

Lady Shares Interesting Method She Uses To Make Cook Stew - https://www.mojidelano.com/2019/03/lady-shares-interesting-method-she-uses-to-make-cook-stew/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Boils Tomatoes And Onions Before Blending (Photos) by dabocity(m): 4:52pm On Mar 05, 2019
Two sides to a coin

5 Likes

Re: Lady Boils Tomatoes And Onions Before Blending (Photos) by Cutefergieee: 5:40pm On Mar 05, 2019
ok

1 Like

Re: Lady Boils Tomatoes And Onions Before Blending (Photos) by sabenabeauty(f): 5:41pm On Mar 05, 2019
you want to know my awkward moments as a makeup artistes?

Watch below

boys don't laugh gringrin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LCZGtj7maQ

6 Likes

Re: Lady Boils Tomatoes And Onions Before Blending (Photos) by jesvic91(m): 5:41pm On Mar 05, 2019
Nairalanders join me in eating

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Boils Tomatoes And Onions Before Blending (Photos) by aleeyus(m): 5:41pm On Mar 05, 2019
this recipe is disgrace to Manhood!
i weep for her Man
kai this recipe na waooo

5 Likes

Re: Lady Boils Tomatoes And Onions Before Blending (Photos) by Darksider131: 5:42pm On Mar 05, 2019
What is this angry
Re: Lady Boils Tomatoes And Onions Before Blending (Photos) by bibiking7(m): 5:42pm On Mar 05, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Lady Boils Tomatoes And Onions Before Blending (Photos) by chiamaka28: 5:42pm On Mar 05, 2019
waiting con happen last last abeg
Re: Lady Boils Tomatoes And Onions Before Blending (Photos) by MrMcJay(m): 5:42pm On Mar 05, 2019
In some parts of the North, this is fairly common.

They have hawkers who sell boiled pepper in wheelbarrows. You buy and blend.

13 Likes

Re: Lady Boils Tomatoes And Onions Before Blending (Photos) by fakuta(f): 5:42pm On Mar 05, 2019
Noted, I love kitchen Adventure,
Kind of fun

2 Likes

Re: Lady Boils Tomatoes And Onions Before Blending (Photos) by Nobody: 5:42pm On Mar 05, 2019
why waste gas

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lady Boils Tomatoes And Onions Before Blending (Photos) by BlueAir: 5:43pm On Mar 05, 2019
Messa confused
Re: Lady Boils Tomatoes And Onions Before Blending (Photos) by Onyekachi419(f): 5:43pm On Mar 05, 2019
Nice
Re: Lady Boils Tomatoes And Onions Before Blending (Photos) by AfonjaBoston: 5:43pm On Mar 05, 2019
Afonja style
Omi obe

9 Likes

Re: Lady Boils Tomatoes And Onions Before Blending (Photos) by Teewhy2: 5:43pm On Mar 05, 2019
If her husband no complain who am I to complain.
even her husband no like am, he go like am by force by fire, that is the power of women.

Are you planning to do a roof parapet?
Check out details of our polystyrene parapet installation, it is light, fast to install and durable.
Prefect for land which doesn't much loads and renovation works.
Click below
https://www.nairaland.com/3726763/alternative-building-material-expanded-polystyrene/11

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Boils Tomatoes And Onions Before Blending (Photos) by we0x: 5:43pm On Mar 05, 2019
that's exactly how I make my stew.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Boils Tomatoes And Onions Before Blending (Photos) by sonnie10: 5:44pm On Mar 05, 2019
This method contradicts simple science, because it should be that the more surface area exposed to heat, the faster the tomatoes would dry.
Now if you blend the tomatoes first, more surface area is created and more efficient use of cooking energy is guaranteed

15 Likes

Re: Lady Boils Tomatoes And Onions Before Blending (Photos) by zemaik(m): 5:44pm On Mar 05, 2019
Is the last pot a house paint ad?

1 Like

Re: Lady Boils Tomatoes And Onions Before Blending (Photos) by degelinglacis: 5:45pm On Mar 05, 2019
I make my black stew with this method
Re: Lady Boils Tomatoes And Onions Before Blending (Photos) by nedupel(m): 5:46pm On Mar 05, 2019
jesvic91:
I no eat o

3 Likes

Re: Lady Boils Tomatoes And Onions Before Blending (Photos) by Koralords: 5:47pm On Mar 05, 2019
What's special ,even me a man always boil before blending gives a different taste

1 Like

Re: Lady Boils Tomatoes And Onions Before Blending (Photos) by DigitalGenius: 5:49pm On Mar 05, 2019
Lol
Re: Lady Boils Tomatoes And Onions Before Blending (Photos) by piagetskinner(m): 5:50pm On Mar 05, 2019
jesvic91:

Y is the spaghetti black...

Scary to eat

2 Likes

Re: Lady Boils Tomatoes And Onions Before Blending (Photos) by graccce: 5:52pm On Mar 05, 2019
The way I prepare mine..
I grind my tomatoes,onions,pepper or sombo, ginger etc
Then boil, filter and start cooking.
Very simple and easy.

4 Likes

Re: Lady Boils Tomatoes And Onions Before Blending (Photos) by Adakintroy: 5:53pm On Mar 05, 2019
Over sabi.

What then happen to the water inside the tomatoes. Does it expelled during this stage. If it doesn't, what is the point? I will have to steam dry again.

No be my gas abeg.

3 Likes

Re: Lady Boils Tomatoes And Onions Before Blending (Photos) by Nobody: 5:57pm On Mar 05, 2019
shocked
Re: Lady Boils Tomatoes And Onions Before Blending (Photos) by graccce: 5:58pm On Mar 05, 2019
[quote author=Adakintroy post=76378645]Over sabi.

What then happen to the water inside the tomatoes. Does it expelled during this stage. If it doesn't, what is the point? I will have to steam dry again.

No be my gas abi

That is why I filter the water down and start Frying to avoid wastage of gas.

1 Like

Re: Lady Boils Tomatoes And Onions Before Blending (Photos) by Fidelismaria: 5:59pm On Mar 05, 2019

Makes no sense

You boil ...then you blend... Then you boil again

Why not just blend then boil

Saves time and gas

One has to be economical in this bubuhari dullardino next level

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"I Have Been Eating Plastic Rice For 2 Months; Be Careful" - Lady Cries Out / Is This The Most Underrated Grain In Nigeria? See Pic / Gambian Man Shows Off The Hippopotamus He Killed In His Village (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.