Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,889 members, 7,802,864 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:57 PM

APC Jingle Chastises ‘Proud’ Ajimobi… Begs Oyo People For Forgiveness (Audio) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Jingle Chastises ‘Proud’ Ajimobi… Begs Oyo People For Forgiveness (Audio) (32833 Views)

Oyo People Troop Out To Welcome Atiku (Video) / Ajimobi Congratulates Victorious NASS Candidates, Thanks Oyo People / Tinubu Imposing A Candidate On Oyo People Is Better Than An Igbo Man ~ Ajimobi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Jingle Chastises ‘Proud’ Ajimobi… Begs Oyo People For Forgiveness (Audio) by 2mercy: 4:10pm On Mar 05, 2019
Abiola Ajimobi, the outgoing Governor of Oyo State, was the target of an All Progressives Congress (APC) jingle made in a last-ditch effort to win Saturday’s governorship election.

Since faring poorly at the February 23 presidential and national assembly election, APC has been jittery, fearing that its governorship candidate Bayo Adelabu could fall to Seye Makinde of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) if the people are not placated before Saturday.

In parts of the APC jingle, Yoruba poet Ologundudu can be heard begging Oyo State people and criticising Ajimobi in caustic Yoruba, loosely translated as: “I know the people of Oyo State are angry with Ajimobi. The heartrending developments that happened during Ajimobi’s tenure are the reason you’re angry: To be dismissive of other people, to say a King amounts to nothing, to be so arrogant to the point of smashing one’s head against a tree. Acts of rudeness and the nasty things Abiola said to you still anger you.

“Please, all the people of Oyo State, I want you to accept that Ajimobi is the one who wronged you — not APC — but all of us have accepted that we will come back home to beg you. The party knows you love me, that is why they sent me to beg you. People of Oyo, please, Buhari-Osinbajo sent me to come and beg.

“I warned repeatedly back then when Ajimobi was rude to Olubadan, giving the crown to people who weren't fit to wear it. We warned Ajimobi to go beg Olubadan for his mistake, but pride goes before a fall and a dog that will get lost won’t hear the whistle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leXBrxomnIY

APC Jingle Chastises ‘Proud’ Ajimobi… Begs Oyo People For Forgiveness

“Sorry, Ajimobi; can you now see that the rain can drench you not once but twice? You who won the governorship can now not win a senatorial election? Now, you’ve been put to shame.”

Among the many tipping points of Ajimobi with the people of the state, he clashed with Oba Saliu Adetunji, the Olubadan of Ibadanland, after reviewing the Ibadan Chieftaincy Law, consequently elevating some high chiefs to kingship status.

This infuriated the Olubadan, who thought the move was a plan to whittle down his authority. It was also widely believed that the Governor took the step for the political reason of using the new kings to his advantage rather than having to rely on just the Olubadan.

However, the Governor’s explanation is that that other crown-wearing chiefs act superior to their Ibadan counterparts simply because they’re high chiefs.

On Monday, SaharaReporters reported how Bola Tinubu, National leader of the APC, is now personally overseeing the Oyo governorship campaign in a desperate bid to prevent a potential surrendering of the governorship to the PDP. One of Tinubu's recent steps, apart from buying off Adebayo Alao-Akala’s candidature, is to ban Ajimobi from showing up at APC governorship campaign meetings involving Bayo Adelabu, the party’s candidate.

Even though the Tinubu camp has denied the story, Ajimobi has not been seen at any of Adelabu's campaign events since losing the senatorial election.

http://saharareporters.com/2019/03/05/audio-apc-jingle-chastises-%e2%80%98proud%e2%80%99-ajimobi%e2%80%a6-begs-oyo-people-forgiveness

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Jingle Chastises ‘Proud’ Ajimobi… Begs Oyo People For Forgiveness (Audio) by jaybest90(m): 4:14pm On Mar 05, 2019
It's already late...

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Jingle Chastises ‘Proud’ Ajimobi… Begs Oyo People For Forgiveness (Audio) by Xisnin(m): 4:51pm On Mar 05, 2019
Actually, the election is now greater than Ajimobi.
Oyo people don't want to pay 50% tax to Tinubu for the next four years.

110 Likes 13 Shares

Re: APC Jingle Chastises ‘Proud’ Ajimobi… Begs Oyo People For Forgiveness (Audio) by cosmatika(m): 4:57pm On Mar 05, 2019
Singing in Speed Darlington's voice, It's too late to apologize. PDP owns Oyo now, if not Oyo ppl will be OYO(On your own)

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Jingle Chastises ‘Proud’ Ajimobi… Begs Oyo People For Forgiveness (Audio) by wHyyyyyyyyyY: 4:58pm On Mar 05, 2019
Desperation
Re: APC Jingle Chastises ‘Proud’ Ajimobi… Begs Oyo People For Forgiveness (Audio) by instantarr(m): 4:58pm On Mar 05, 2019
Na Instantarr Way Oh!
www.instantarr.com

Re: APC Jingle Chastises ‘Proud’ Ajimobi… Begs Oyo People For Forgiveness (Audio) by shogosco: 4:58pm On Mar 05, 2019
this will be very interesting!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Jingle Chastises ‘Proud’ Ajimobi… Begs Oyo People For Forgiveness (Audio) by KidsNEXTdoor: 4:58pm On Mar 05, 2019
APc is an evil terrorist party...

Oyo people are tired of all their shenanigans..

No wonder they voted for Atiku...

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Jingle Chastises ‘Proud’ Ajimobi… Begs Oyo People For Forgiveness (Audio) by Baawaa(m): 4:58pm On Mar 05, 2019
Constituted authority is no more grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Jingle Chastises ‘Proud’ Ajimobi… Begs Oyo People For Forgiveness (Audio) by MEDICPATH(m): 4:59pm On Mar 05, 2019
Lets wait and see
Re: APC Jingle Chastises ‘Proud’ Ajimobi… Begs Oyo People For Forgiveness (Audio) by wHyyyyyyyyyY: 4:59pm On Mar 05, 2019
Desperation

8 Likes

Re: APC Jingle Chastises ‘Proud’ Ajimobi… Begs Oyo People For Forgiveness (Audio) by INTEGRITYA1(m): 4:59pm On Mar 05, 2019
They really dealt with him.

I listen to a song composed by Ibadan women
I was like; u na dey vex o.

Ba'jimobi do'do a o gbon o /2x
O se senitor o; fo'dun merin
O se gomina o; fo'dun mejo.
O n se gomina; otun fe'se senitor
Ba'jimobi do'do a o gbon o.

Lay man interpretation:

If Ajimobi turn to river; we'll get rid of him
He do senator for 4 years
He do governor for 8 years
He's doing governor and wanted to do senator
If Ajimobi turn to river; we'll get rid of him.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Jingle Chastises ‘Proud’ Ajimobi… Begs Oyo People For Forgiveness (Audio) by MYHUBBY: 5:00pm On Mar 05, 2019
Anyone that win in Oyo as far as he's not using other tribe to play politics on yorubas
is OK by me but is it not the same Makinde that took the transformers he gave to some communities back because he lost in 2015 that's is contesting under pdp?

anyway let the best winner win but I learnt Bayo Adelabu is loved at Ibadan, akala and I expect more lobby from APC if they're indeed serious to win.

ajimobi ti ba ile je jína

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Jingle Chastises ‘Proud’ Ajimobi… Begs Oyo People For Forgiveness (Audio) by Sanromeo(m): 5:01pm On Mar 05, 2019
Ajimobi must come out to tell us he's no longer the Constituted Authority, if not, we will not take it!
Re: APC Jingle Chastises ‘Proud’ Ajimobi… Begs Oyo People For Forgiveness (Audio) by HopeAlive14(m): 5:02pm On Mar 05, 2019
So, is this one not hate speech or "hate song"?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Jingle Chastises ‘Proud’ Ajimobi… Begs Oyo People For Forgiveness (Audio) by spyglaxx: 5:02pm On Mar 05, 2019
Africa, gullible Africans.

3 Likes

Re: APC Jingle Chastises ‘Proud’ Ajimobi… Begs Oyo People For Forgiveness (Audio) by Olumidebolu64(m): 5:02pm On Mar 05, 2019
too late wailers..... I wish them doomsday

1 Like

Re: APC Jingle Chastises ‘Proud’ Ajimobi… Begs Oyo People For Forgiveness (Audio) by neweraomo: 5:03pm On Mar 05, 2019
Too late bra

1 Like

Re: APC Jingle Chastises ‘Proud’ Ajimobi… Begs Oyo People For Forgiveness (Audio) by jrusky(m): 5:03pm On Mar 05, 2019
Noted. Let Oyo guys on this forum to take the stage.

1 Like

Re: APC Jingle Chastises ‘Proud’ Ajimobi… Begs Oyo People For Forgiveness (Audio) by MrMcJay(m): 5:03pm On Mar 05, 2019
This is arrant nonsense.

Where were they when Ajimobi was misbehaving for the last 4 years?

We warned Apc severally even here on Nairaland about the madness going on in Oyo state but they refused to listen. Look at what Ajimobi did to Ayefele. Look at what Ajimobi did to Olubadan. Look at what Ajimobi did to Lautech students. Were APC leaders blind then?

I won't be surprised if Pdp wins Oyo and it's not because of Ajimobi it is the lackadaisical attitude of APC leaders to the madness Ajimobi was displaying.

I'm an APC sympathiser but an honest one, APC messed up in handling Ajimobi. All of them would carry the consequences.

Another one coming up is the one in Ondo. That one ehn...

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Jingle Chastises ‘Proud’ Ajimobi… Begs Oyo People For Forgiveness (Audio) by ictjobber: 5:03pm On Mar 05, 2019
Seen

See my signature
Re: APC Jingle Chastises ‘Proud’ Ajimobi… Begs Oyo People For Forgiveness (Audio) by DigitalGenius: 5:03pm On Mar 05, 2019
Lolv
Re: APC Jingle Chastises ‘Proud’ Ajimobi… Begs Oyo People For Forgiveness (Audio) by braveboi4life: 5:04pm On Mar 05, 2019
Too late, Omitutu all the way, if Tinubu so cared about Oyo,why didn't he interven at Lautech, since he is the chancellor, not even a single donated block to his name

45 Likes

Re: APC Jingle Chastises ‘Proud’ Ajimobi… Begs Oyo People For Forgiveness (Audio) by Hedonisst: 5:05pm On Mar 05, 2019
Ipinle Oyo is for Seyi Makinde and the PDP. End of story.

Oluwa lo se yi!

17 Likes

Re: APC Jingle Chastises ‘Proud’ Ajimobi… Begs Oyo People For Forgiveness (Audio) by Smooyis(m): 5:06pm On Mar 05, 2019
You, what are you still doing in naija. shocked shocked shocked
Re: APC Jingle Chastises ‘Proud’ Ajimobi… Begs Oyo People For Forgiveness (Audio) by gurunlocker: 5:06pm On Mar 05, 2019
Thunder fire them.... How much does it cost to hire a poet?

I hope they won't fall for this scam.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Another Trekker From Taraba To Abuja To Present An Award To President Gej-pix / Rauf Aregbesola's First Day In Office As Interior Minister (Photo) / President Buhari Receives Olu Of Warri Kingdom In Aso Rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.