Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,449 members, 7,808,605 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:11 PM

Atiku, PDP File Motion Compelling INEC To Surrender Election Materials For... - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku, PDP File Motion Compelling INEC To Surrender Election Materials For... (26466 Views)

David Hundeyin: We Have Filed A Motion Compelling FBI To Release Tinubu Files No / Lagos State Labour Party Secures Court Order Compelling INEC To Transmit Results / Kano Ward Congress: APC Headquarters File Motion For Stay Of Execution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku, PDP File Motion Compelling INEC To Surrender Election Materials For... by MartinsD12(m): 5:27pm On Mar 05, 2019
ahmedkoded95:
By Ikechukwu Nnochiri

ABUJA—-The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, and its presidential candidate, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, have filed a motion to compel the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, to surrender all the materials that were used for the February 23 presidential election, for inspection.

The motion ex-parte was lodged before the Presidential Election Petitions Tribunal on Tuesday.

The Tribunal will conduct its proceedings at the Court of Appeal Headquarters in Abuja.

In the motion ex-parte dated March 4, Atiku and the PDP, applied for leave of the tribunal to allow them to inspect the Voters Register, the Smart Card Reader Machines, Ballot Papers and other vital documents that were used in the conduct of the presidential election.

They equally prayed the tribunal to compel the electoral body to allow their agents to scan and make photocopies of vital documents used in the conduct of the election, for the purpose of establishing alleged irregularities.

The Applicants, through their lawyer, Chief Chris Uche, SAN, told the tribunal that the reliefs sought against INEC was for the purpose of filing and maintaining an election petition they intend to lodge against the outcome of the 2019 Presidential Election.

The motion ex-parte motion was supported with a 12 paragraphed affidavit that was deposed to by one Col. Austin Akobundu, rtd, the director of Contact and Mobilization of the Atiku Abubakar Presidential Campaign Council.

Meantime, no date has yet been fixed for hearing of the motion which has INEC, President Muhammadu Buhari and the All Progressives Congress, APC, as 1st to 3rd Respondents.

Atiku who came second behind President Buhari of the APC, had earlier vowed to challenge the outcome of the presidential election in court, alleging that it was fraught with manifest irregularities.

He maintained that results collated by agents at various polling units across the federation, was at variance with what was eventually declared by INEC, in favour of President Buhari.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2019/03/breaking-atiku-pdp-file-motion-compelling-inec-to-surrender-election-materials-for-inspection/amp/

Atiku baba go on I support you, impunity will never stand again in this country its clear to all sundry that Atiku won the election but apc rigged it in favour of mbuhari
Re: Atiku, PDP File Motion Compelling INEC To Surrender Election Materials For... by bigerboy200: 5:27pm On Mar 05, 2019
Validated:
INEC and APC will piss on their khakhi. Card reader will burst all "looted" votes. No matter how you try to reconfigure card readers, you will either end up creating massive discrepancies than you originally had or you damage the records.

Even Kwara results will be faulted. The massive rigging will be busted. I seem to understand why Saraki has been silent. Most states in NW and NE would end up being canceled by the Supreme Court.
you wish. Saraki was beaten fair and square...

2 Likes

Re: Atiku, PDP File Motion Compelling INEC To Surrender Election Materials For... by nwanyionitsha: 5:28pm On Mar 05, 2019
dimeji877:
This man Sha like wasting money and time
You dn loose bitch
But it is his money and time. Do i sense anxiety on your part
Re: Atiku, PDP File Motion Compelling INEC To Surrender Election Materials For... by baganas: 5:29pm On Mar 05, 2019
blackmantis:

Abi o.

10,000 fingerprint of one person loading.
All the card readers have been reconfigured for the govership elections. So?

1 Like

Re: Atiku, PDP File Motion Compelling INEC To Surrender Election Materials For... by AntiWailer: 5:29pm On Mar 05, 2019
nwanyionitsha:
Stop crying more than the bereaved. You aren't the judge.

"To a perpetual loser, everything is a win"
Re: Atiku, PDP File Motion Compelling INEC To Surrender Election Materials For... by nwanyionitsha: 5:29pm On Mar 05, 2019
Onyeedum:
I wish dy started earlier
Earlier like when?
Re: Atiku, PDP File Motion Compelling INEC To Surrender Election Materials For... by nwanyionitsha: 5:30pm On Mar 05, 2019
HopeAlive14:
Win or lose, our democracy must be strengthened.
This is the best comment so far. I don't know why people are fidgeting up and down.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku, PDP File Motion Compelling INEC To Surrender Election Materials For... by Validated: 5:31pm On Mar 05, 2019
baganas:

All the card readers have been reconfigured for the govership elections. So?

Show of ignorance. When you reboot your computer, all data vanishes abi!

Card readers have datestamp and memory/storage capacity.
Re: Atiku, PDP File Motion Compelling INEC To Surrender Election Materials For... by nwanyionitsha: 5:32pm On Mar 05, 2019
san316:
Ok now. The long journey to nothingness has started with a step. Let's watch how it pans out for the desperado
So Nigerian courts are a place of nothingness.?
Re: Atiku, PDP File Motion Compelling INEC To Surrender Election Materials For... by FearGodinall: 5:32pm On Mar 05, 2019
Actually when looking at the recent presidential election,if this is what a professor turn INEC chairman with the president of a nation could come up with, then Nigeria is in for a great thing and we all are leaving in pretence for Nigeria to catch up with the commitee of nation. If inec saddled with the responsibility to improve the electoral system and conduct a credible,free and fair election can't stop ordinary multiple voting by an individual then what else can that system offer.
Re: Atiku, PDP File Motion Compelling INEC To Surrender Election Materials For... by nwanyionitsha: 5:33pm On Mar 05, 2019
tabaski:
Exercise in futility. Nigerians and Nigeria say NO to looters
You aren't the judge in this matter.
Always speaking for yourself. Stop using Nigeria and Nigerians.
Re: Atiku, PDP File Motion Compelling INEC To Surrender Election Materials For... by nwanyionitsha: 5:34pm On Mar 05, 2019
Nafizzey:
PDP Thieves we don't want you..
They aren't forcing themselves on you. They are going to court.
Re: Atiku, PDP File Motion Compelling INEC To Surrender Election Materials For... by markbidex: 5:34pm On Mar 05, 2019
Onyeedum:
I wish dy started earlier
this news be like fake news :/ why them never fix date for hearing smh
Re: Atiku, PDP File Motion Compelling INEC To Surrender Election Materials For... by Nafizzey(m): 5:36pm On Mar 05, 2019
nwanyionitsha:
They aren't forcing themselves on you. They are going to court.
They should go, No one is stopping them
Re: Atiku, PDP File Motion Compelling INEC To Surrender Election Materials For... by nwanyionitsha: 5:37pm On Mar 05, 2019
salford:

But PDP rigged too. If the election is reconducted like 20 times. Buhari would beat Atiku those 20 times in the north. Rigging cannot even close the wide margin of defeat. lol.
Apc are too dull. They manipulated the election in a very foolish and insulting manner.
Re: Atiku, PDP File Motion Compelling INEC To Surrender Election Materials For... by naijainstinct: 5:38pm On Mar 05, 2019
Randerl:

@the bolded so Atiku is a direct beneficiary of this unwholesome act. He "WON" the FCT.
You dont know what you are saying. And I dont even want to engage you. If these irregularities were not recorded, APC would have lost woefully in the FCT compared to the good percentage of votes they were able to get.
75% of places were SCRs were not used are APC strongholds. Take this anywhere.

I hate to be partisan but I had to correct this wrong impression of yours. I'm done with this topic. Cheers!
Re: Atiku, PDP File Motion Compelling INEC To Surrender Election Materials For... by garfield1: 5:42pm On Mar 05, 2019
Larryndelaw:

My brother that was the thought that came to my mind. He is really confused
There are even starting off on a wrong footing.they filed their petition today.witgout waiting for the suit to fully be processed,they are now ordering them to order inec immediately.thats wrong.
Re: Atiku, PDP File Motion Compelling INEC To Surrender Election Materials For... by garfield1: 5:42pm On Mar 05, 2019
Larryndelaw:

My brother that was the thought that came to my mind. He is really confused
There are even starting off on a wrong footing.they filed their petition today.witgout waiting for the suit to fully be processed,they are now ordering them to order inec immediately.thats wrong...
Re: Atiku, PDP File Motion Compelling INEC To Surrender Election Materials For... by garfield1: 5:43pm On Mar 05, 2019
naijainstinct:
You dont know what you are saying. And I dont even want to engage you. If these irregularities were not recorded, APC would have lost woefully in the FCT compared to the good percentage of votes they were able to get.

I hate to be partisan but I had to correct this wrong impression of yours. I'm done with this topic. Cheers!
You lie sir.in most,areas especially the rural areas card readers werent used.
Re: Atiku, PDP File Motion Compelling INEC To Surrender Election Materials For... by baganas: 5:45pm On Mar 05, 2019
Okwyjesus:

The 11million APC rigged and remain for Atiku are they from the moon. Who are the Nigerians you are talking of.
Those things in the north
Sorry they are minus to real Nigerians
Atiku that you people worship for his looted wealths is part of the things from the north. And democracy is a game of numbers. So 15m vs 11m decide for yourselve. Don't tell me rigging because i have video copies of massive rigging by pdp!

2 Likes

Re: Atiku, PDP File Motion Compelling INEC To Surrender Election Materials For... by garfield1: 5:45pm On Mar 05, 2019
nwanyionitsha:
Apc are too dull. They manipulated the election in a very foolish and insulting manner.
No,they was little manipulation and it will still not gave affected buhari's winning.you always speak from the point of hatred.can you compare it to the manipulations in 2003,20007 etc.

1 Like

Re: Atiku, PDP File Motion Compelling INEC To Surrender Election Materials For... by mrZENographer: 5:49pm On Mar 05, 2019
tabaski:
Exercise in futility. Nigerians and Nigeria say NO to looters

You ignoramuses keep calling Atiku looter. You have no evidence to back your claim. Shut up empty noisemaker.

Go and file case to EFCC or DSS to prove Atiku is corrupt and should be arrested.
Re: Atiku, PDP File Motion Compelling INEC To Surrender Election Materials For... by garfield1: 5:51pm On Mar 05, 2019
bkool7:
Wild goose chase
You are on point.most people here are commenting from the point of ignorance and sentiments.they know little about the workings of the supreme court and election petition cases.the supreme court is very strict when it comes to election cases,it does not remove incumbents.it also considers factors outside the law.infant,one should ask why they didn't upturn any of the elections cases brought to them since 2015 ? Upon the glaring evidences of fraud in the 2007 poll,why was it upheld.common sense is far away from many.
Re: Atiku, PDP File Motion Compelling INEC To Surrender Election Materials For... by baganas: 5:51pm On Mar 05, 2019
nwanyionitsha:
Earlier like when?
Like before the card readers were reconfigured for the next Saturday elections.
Re: Atiku, PDP File Motion Compelling INEC To Surrender Election Materials For... by baganas: 5:58pm On Mar 05, 2019
Validated:

Show of ignorance. When you reboot your computer, all data vanishes abi!

Card readers have datestamp and memory/storage capacity.
Card readers are not computers . They store data temporarily before been transmitted to inec servers. If you dont trust inec then you can't trust the data on their server because that can be easily tampered within minutes if they so desire

2 Likes

Re: Atiku, PDP File Motion Compelling INEC To Surrender Election Materials For... by Randerl: 6:04pm On Mar 05, 2019
naijainstinct:

Re: Atiku, PDP File Motion Compelling INEC To Surrender Election Materials For... by blackmantis: 6:06pm On Mar 05, 2019
baganas:

Card readers are not computers . They store data temporarily before been transmitted to inec servers. If you dont trust inec then you can't trust the data on their server because that can be easily tampered within minutes if they so desire

Data stored in the card readers even when deleted can be recovered.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku, PDP File Motion Compelling INEC To Surrender Election Materials For... by bizhop01: 6:10pm On Mar 05, 2019
INEC will not agree because the know how dirty their job was.

1 Like

Re: Atiku, PDP File Motion Compelling INEC To Surrender Election Materials For... by emmykk(m): 6:11pm On Mar 05, 2019
AntiWailer:
for the whole country ?

m0r0ns

I see some evil SANs saying

"Alhaji InSha Allah with pipty Million (50M) Dollars, we shall recover the stolen mandate"

The new song should be :

All the SANs na baller

All Barristers na baller

All agents na baller grin grin

Exercise in futility.

Cool down don't love Buhari blindly
Re: Atiku, PDP File Motion Compelling INEC To Surrender Election Materials For... by magzey: 6:14pm On Mar 05, 2019
Just analysis how can ATIKU Claimed to have Win Election?
1- Atiku lost his ward and Local Government
2- Atiku best Liar Buba Galadima lost his ward and state
3-Atiku Campaign director SARAKI Alias (OTOGE) Lost every thing in state
4-Atiku North west Campaign Guru Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso ,Lost his ward and state in KANO
5Atiku Pastor Lost his ward

please if you have brain ,tell me how ATIKU Will win this 2019 ELECTION.

3 Likes

Re: Atiku, PDP File Motion Compelling INEC To Surrender Election Materials For... by Geeoriginal: 6:18pm On Mar 05, 2019
somalianprince:
Why are you guys scared? Shebi the election was free and fair? INEC must submit everything, I am very sure they didn't see this request coming cheesy

Which part of my post shows that I am scared? For your information, I do not belong to either side and they don't determine my lifestyle or income. I just reacted based on my opinion on the post.
Note also that, there were rigging on both sides and most Nigeria elections has been that way. In fact, 2019 election was fair compared to previous one. Where are the remaining millions that Buhari had in Kano during 2015 or why is PDP votes drop so much in Rivers compare with 2015? The rigging has always be, we are only deceiving ourselves claiming that it is a new one.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku, PDP File Motion Compelling INEC To Surrender Election Materials For... by magzey: 6:25pm On Mar 05, 2019
mrZENographer:

You ignoramuses keep calling Atiku looter. You have no evidence to back your claim. Shut up empty noisemaker.

Go and file case to EFCC or DSS to prove Atiku is corrupt and should be arrested.
Tell us what was ATIKU source of wealth? oya we dey wait

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ex-militants Make U-turn, Beg Nigerians To Vote For Jonathan / Protests In Daura Over Imposition Of Fatuhu Muhammad As House Of Reps Candidate / 36 Dead Cows: Leave Yorubaland Now, Gani Adams Tells Herders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.