Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,466 members, 7,801,180 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:01 PM

Top Nine Brands In Nigeria And Their Csr Programme - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Top Nine Brands In Nigeria And Their Csr Programme (1060 Views)

Zenith Bank Restates Commitment To CSR, Unveils Christmas Decoration / Indomie, Maggi, Others Emerge Most Chosen Brands In Nigeria / INTELS Wins Shippers’ Council CSR Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top Nine Brands In Nigeria And Their Csr Programme by Abiodunspectre(m): 4:24pm On Mar 05, 2019
Here is a list of some of the top brands in Nigeria and the various way they are giving back to the society through their CSR programmes.

Airtel Nigeria: Airtel Touching Lives is part of Airtel annual Corporate Social Responsibility initiative which is currently running at season 5. The programme is an opportunity to put smiles on people's faces. You can do your part by nominating any individual or community that you know is in need of assistance.

To nominate anyone or any community of your choice you can send an Sms or place a call this number SMS or call 367 or visit https://airteltouchinglives.com/ for more information.

Sterrling bank CSR is called STEM: Sterling bank environmental management. The initiative focuses on environmental sustainability and aims at promoting a clean environment and good health among the citizens. The exercise started in 2013 they donate thousands of reflective kits to LAWMA for street sweepers and highway managers.  Launched in 10 other states across the country too

MTN CSR: YellowHeart Initiative. The Fight against maternal and child mortality across Nigeria.
It's core objective is to drastically reduce the prevalence of deaths of women and children by providing access to quality healthcare for less privileged women and children in the society who otherwise have no access.

Cc lalasticlala , FOD, naijacutee

Re: Top Nine Brands In Nigeria And Their Csr Programme by Abiodunspectre(m): 4:26pm On Mar 05, 2019
MTN: MTN in partnership with Arsenal Fc spare headed Football Coaching Clinic which took place on Oct 2018 at the National stadium, Surulere. Amongst those that were present was; Head Coach of Arsenal Soccer School, Simon Mcmanus and one of Arsenal legend and member of the ‘invincible’ team of 2004 who went all the way including clinching the English Premier League title of that year, Lauren Etame.

Participants were exposed to broad knowledge on the educational aspect of football and they were also given the opportunity to practice what they were thought in class on the field of play.

COWBELL: Cowbellpedia Mathematics Competition is a television quiz show that debuted on 2015, It showcases young mathematical minds in Nigeria in the secondary school level.

The competition sees 6 students selected randomly from Top 54 schools that applied, while 2 emerges as winners in both Junior secondary school category and Senior secondary school category and are presented with an award of The Next Future Inventor.

Re: Top Nine Brands In Nigeria And Their Csr Programme by Abiodunspectre(m): 4:31pm On Mar 05, 2019
TECNO Foundation has focused on a lot of CSR programs over the years. In 2017, they gave out education materials to pupils in schools nationwide while also partnering with GOGE Africa on a guidance and counseling seminar advising the youth against Violence.

In 2018, they prioritized good health and focused on heart diseases and how to tackle them. They've also done immensely by lighting up the famous Computer Village in Lagos.

TF has focused mainly on education and Health and has continued to support these causes fully.

The Indomie Independent Day Award for Heroes of Nigeria is a Social Responsibility Initiative that seeks to identify, recognize, celebrate and reward the positive efforts, strong character, and achievements of young children between the ages of 0 -15years who have exhibited various acts of bravery and heroism at one time or the other anywhere in Nigeria.

Indomie Independent Award is to encourage the acts of heroism in children who have made notable sacrifices at great risk to themselves and those who have strived to survive despite the unfavorable conditions they found themselves and have pushed the limits of courage and performance to a new level.

Cc puskin, dominique

Re: Top Nine Brands In Nigeria And Their Csr Programme by Abiodunspectre(m): 4:38pm On Mar 05, 2019
Aliko Dangote Foundation (ADF) , in support of government’s efforts to end polio in, Kano, Bauchi, Kaduna, Sokoto, Borno and Yobe states though routine immunisation and polio eradication. This is in a bid to certify Nigeria as a polio-free nation by the World Health Organisation.

ADF, which was endowed with $1.25bn by its Chairman, Aliko Dangote, has actively supported the polio eradication activities in the partner states through the provision of funding and logistics under a Memorandum of Understanding between the six Northern States and the two foundations.

NESTLE MILO : MILO Summer Sports Clinics is the longest running sports clinic in the country. It’s an annual program set up by MILOto encourage school children to make the best of their summer by learning sports.

It offers 18 sports programs for children and their parents to choose from. Each program has its own schedule and venue and is handled by expert coaches and instructors who use a modern and scientific approach to sports. More importantly, they incorporate character-forming lessons in their program so children not only learn champion moves but champion values such as Discipline, Teamwork, and Confidence to help make them winners on and off the court.

The Milo Top 50 Camp gives the children the opportunity to interact one on one with the coaches handling specific areas. These includes individual defense, footwork, dribbling, shooting and passing.

Cc lalasticlala

Re: Top Nine Brands In Nigeria And Their Csr Programme by Realboygenius(m): 5:12pm On Mar 05, 2019
How come I'm just hearing about some of this programme? Anyway kudos to them

Cc lalasticlala , Mynd44
Re: Top Nine Brands In Nigeria And Their Csr Programme by investigator007: 5:23pm On Mar 05, 2019
Nice things these brands are doing, they should really be encouraged to keep this up. It's a very good one.
Re: Top Nine Brands In Nigeria And Their Csr Programme by Corroro: 5:31pm On Mar 05, 2019
Very good innovations from these brands even though I'm surprised that I am just seeing some of them. Sha it's good to know so I can partake in the coming editions
Re: Top Nine Brands In Nigeria And Their Csr Programme by tafat: 5:35pm On Mar 05, 2019
So many fantastic initiatives, these brands are truly touching lives. I love that airtel touching lives cos it gives you the opportunity to nominate anyone of your choice, TECNO mobile really doing good to with their promotions
Re: Top Nine Brands In Nigeria And Their Csr Programme by thatkindthing: 5:41pm On Mar 05, 2019
All these innovations and promos from these brands and yet no one has reached me yet? What's my crime now?

Re: Top Nine Brands In Nigeria And Their Csr Programme by Melaninprincess(f): 5:46am On Mar 06, 2019
thatkindthing:
All these innovations and promos from these brands and yet no one has reached me yet? What's my crime now?
Just position yourself grin
Re: Top Nine Brands In Nigeria And Their Csr Programme by Melaninprincess(f): 5:47am On Mar 06, 2019
It's good to see brands giving back to the people that has consistently patronised them
Re: Top Nine Brands In Nigeria And Their Csr Programme by psoul12: 9:29am On Mar 06, 2019
Am surprise that TECNO are not among the brand mentioned here....who else agree with me?
Re: Top Nine Brands In Nigeria And Their Csr Programme by Realboygenius(m): 10:28am On Mar 06, 2019
psoul12:
Am surprise that TECNO are not among the brand mentioned here....who else agree with me?

Check well
Tecno foundation was mentioned.
Re: Top Nine Brands In Nigeria And Their Csr Programme by Ennyholar: 10:33am On Mar 06, 2019
Nice one

cc Lalasticlala
Re: Top Nine Brands In Nigeria And Their Csr Programme by shiftback: 1:53pm On Mar 06, 2019
We need more of these from other brands
Re: Top Nine Brands In Nigeria And Their Csr Programme by shiftback: 1:55pm On Mar 06, 2019
thatkindthing:
Thank God say you dey blessed to not need to be impacted by all these.
Re: Top Nine Brands In Nigeria And Their Csr Programme by bravesoul247(m): 5:22pm On Mar 06, 2019
Awesome brands
Re: Top Nine Brands In Nigeria And Their Csr Programme by bravesoul247(m): 5:24pm On Mar 06, 2019
Melaninprincess:
It's good to see brands giving back to the people that has consistently patronised them
I really can't agree less. These are ways brands can give back to the society
Re: Top Nine Brands In Nigeria And Their Csr Programme by Ejadike(m): 5:27pm On Mar 06, 2019
psoul12:
I thought TECNO foundation was mentioned? You could try the ongoing one by calling 367 to nominate someone for the airtel touching lives.
Re: Top Nine Brands In Nigeria And Their Csr Programme by Ejadike(m): 5:28pm On Mar 06, 2019
tafat:
So many fantastic initiatives, these brands are truly touching lives. I love that airtel touching lives cos it gives you the opportunity to nominate anyone of your choice
not just nominating anyone, but communities as well.
Re: Top Nine Brands In Nigeria And Their Csr Programme by Goldyyy: 2:15am On Mar 07, 2019
This is super impressive
Re: Top Nine Brands In Nigeria And Their Csr Programme by ItrendNaija(m): 9:58am On Mar 07, 2019
Today's the last day o! Go and nominate someone before it's too late
Re: Top Nine Brands In Nigeria And Their Csr Programme by Rubiesangel: 4:27pm On Mar 07, 2019
I heard of Tecno's program in 2017, my young niece participated
Re: Top Nine Brands In Nigeria And Their Csr Programme by Nobody: 1:30pm On Mar 20, 2019
2019 Cowbellpedia Past Questions & Answers Free Download >> https://melody.com.ng/cowbellpedia-past-questions/

(1) (Reply)

SCAM SME DATA by Aminullahi Abdulwaheed / How I Make 30-40k Monthly Liking And Commenting On Social Media. / LAGBUS/BRT:- Grade One TATA Buses For Sale- Buy We Manage it...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.