Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,310 members, 7,780,731 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:58 PM

Democratic Rule In1979 Was A Great Achievement By Obasanjo- Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Democratic Rule In1979 Was A Great Achievement By Obasanjo- Buhari (16764 Views)

Salako: Reducing Petrol Consumption, Vehicles On Roads Achievement By Tinubu / Obasanjo: Buhari Plans To Rig The 2019 Elections (FULL STATEMENT) / Obasanjo: "Buhari Planning To Frame Me Up & To Seize My International Passport" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Democratic Rule In1979 Was A Great Achievement By Obasanjo- Buhari by hinwazaka: 9:31pm On Mar 05, 2019
President Muhammadu Buhari has showered praises on former President Olusegun Obasanjo as he turns 82 years old, saying that he is “a passionate and great patriot who deserves accolades for his immeasurable contributions to our democracy and national unity.”

The President said he would continue to accord Obasanjo respect, in spite of their political differences.

In a statement by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Mr Garba Shehu, the President said, “regardless of our political differences with Obasanjo, I still hold him in the highest esteem because his contributions to the development of the country overshadow those differences.”

Recalling their days together in the country’s Armed Forces, Buhari noted, “Chief Obasanjo gave a good account of himself and inspired his juniors with his wit and other leadership skills.”

On Obasanjo’s indelible marks, the President said, “Nigeria’s successful transition to democratic rule in October 1979 was one of Obasanjo’s remarkable contributions to national development.”

“As he celebrates his 82nd Birthday Anniversary , I wish Chief Obasanjo more good health, knowledge and wisdom in the service of Nigeria and humanity.”
https://punchng.com/buhari-greets-obasanjo-at-82-says-i-still-hold-him-in-highest-esteem/

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Democratic Rule In1979 Was A Great Achievement By Obasanjo- Buhari by hinwazaka: 9:33pm On Mar 05, 2019
The same democracy he destroyed. Am starting to believe the jubril story. Either that or Buhari and obiano are drinking buddies

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Democratic Rule In1979 Was A Great Achievement By Obasanjo- Buhari by Mastadestiny(m): 4:52am On Mar 06, 2019
Good
Re: Democratic Rule In1979 Was A Great Achievement By Obasanjo- Buhari by updatechange(m): 4:52am On Mar 06, 2019
And u came in and truncated it angry

42 Likes

Re: Democratic Rule In1979 Was A Great Achievement By Obasanjo- Buhari by koboko69: 4:53am On Mar 06, 2019
Great one from baba Buhari....
No time for beef with someone u have retired politically. cheesy
Ruddyman:
Ok Bubu we have heard.....show Atiku respect by returning his stolen mandate
I still wonder how sane people thought a kleptocrat with international repute from Cameroon will win Buhari in an election.

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Democratic Rule In1979 Was A Great Achievement By Obasanjo- Buhari by Ruddyman(m): 4:53am On Mar 06, 2019

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Democratic Rule In1979 Was A Great Achievement By Obasanjo- Buhari by dcrown13: 4:56am On Mar 06, 2019
Re: Democratic Rule In1979 Was A Great Achievement By Obasanjo- Buhari by Nobody: 4:59am On Mar 06, 2019
And he wanted 3rd tenure?

He would have gone for 4th if he was allowed the. Used Nigerian wealth to pay his huge work force in Ota farm even way after his tenure. Installing and uninstalling weak Presidents for his selfish interest etc.

Greedy old man

11 Likes

Re: Democratic Rule In1979 Was A Great Achievement By Obasanjo- Buhari by Fadomero(m): 4:59am On Mar 06, 2019
why your belle no go sweet you when u don rig election

5 Likes

Re: Democratic Rule In1979 Was A Great Achievement By Obasanjo- Buhari by princenaira(m): 4:59am On Mar 06, 2019
You destroyed democracy in 1983 barely 4 years of it's transition with guns.

Today you have also destroyed and desecrated democracy with next level rigging and millitary/efcc harassment of opposition.

You have set a bad precedent and road map that will continue untill democracy is totally destroyed/shattard in this nation

Congrats

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Democratic Rule In1979 Was A Great Achievement By Obasanjo- Buhari by martowskin1(m): 5:00am On Mar 06, 2019
If OBJ was around, the 1966 coup wouldn't have happened, as a very close comrade and friend to chukwma kaduna, he would have made him see reason not to make such move

and even if they make such move..... it would have been successful

OBJ is one leader nigeria wouldn't forget so easily.... even if his people dont know his value,,,,, after awolowo, i give it to him in the west

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Democratic Rule In1979 Was A Great Achievement By Obasanjo- Buhari by EdenH: 5:01am On Mar 06, 2019
next
Re: Democratic Rule In1979 Was A Great Achievement By Obasanjo- Buhari by Dwady(m): 5:07am On Mar 06, 2019
Why do I feel Democracy isn't for Africa.

11 Likes

Re: Democratic Rule In1979 Was A Great Achievement By Obasanjo- Buhari by Nobody: 5:13am On Mar 06, 2019
Obasanjo is one of the greatest patriots around... Yes!!

I

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Democratic Rule In1979 Was A Great Achievement By Obasanjo- Buhari by InaNla(f): 5:14am On Mar 06, 2019
updatechange:
And u came in and truncated it angry

Exactly!

5 Likes

Re: Democratic Rule In1979 Was A Great Achievement By Obasanjo- Buhari by femi4: 5:16am On Mar 06, 2019
martowskin1:
If OBJ was around, the 1966 coup wouldn't have happened, as a very close comrade and friend to chukwma kaduna, he would have made him see reason not to make such move

OBJ is one leader nigeria wouldn't forget so easily.... even if his people dont know his value,,,,, after awolowo, i give it to him in the west
And he wanted third term? If not for Atiku, his third term bid would have been successful. A democrat doesn't behave in that manner

4 Likes

Re: Democratic Rule In1979 Was A Great Achievement By Obasanjo- Buhari by InaNla(f): 5:16am On Mar 06, 2019
martowskin1:

Only the brainwashed APC children of hates & angers refused to agree...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Democratic Rule In1979 Was A Great Achievement By Obasanjo- Buhari by Paperwhite(m): 5:16am On Mar 06, 2019
So says a foolish hypocrite and the most clueless, incompetent & ineptitude president Nigeria has ever had that later came to destroyed the good works OBJ have made with his treasonavle coup of Dec.31st.1983 coup.

Buhari is always suffering from the Dunning Kruger Effect; "Wherein incompetent people do not only fail to realize their incompetence but consider themselves more competent than anyone else." Zombies you see your lives?

7 Likes

Re: Democratic Rule In1979 Was A Great Achievement By Obasanjo- Buhari by InaNla(f): 5:16am On Mar 06, 2019
Happy birthday, Pa OBJ

1 Like

Re: Democratic Rule In1979 Was A Great Achievement By Obasanjo- Buhari by Paperwhite(m): 5:17am On Mar 06, 2019
martowskin1:
If OBJ was around, the 1966 coup wouldn't have happened, as a very close comrade and friend to chukwma kaduna, he would have made him see reason not to make such move and even if they make such move..... it would have been successful

You have good insight.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Democratic Rule In1979 Was A Great Achievement By Obasanjo- Buhari by tomdon(m): 5:25am On Mar 06, 2019
This baba no de even show sign of tiring.
Happy birthday baba agba

1 Like

Re: Democratic Rule In1979 Was A Great Achievement By Obasanjo- Buhari by jaxxy(m): 5:35am On Mar 06, 2019
Many people speak on behalf of buhari so u can never be sure what he’s actually saying.

1 Like

Re: Democratic Rule In1979 Was A Great Achievement By Obasanjo- Buhari by martowskin1(m): 5:35am On Mar 06, 2019
InaNla:

What do u expect from people who worship tinibu

3 Likes

Re: Democratic Rule In1979 Was A Great Achievement By Obasanjo- Buhari by martowskin1(m): 5:37am On Mar 06, 2019
femi4:
And he wanted third term? If not for Atiku, his third term bid would have been successful. A democrat doesn't behave in that manner

Humans are not perfect..... Take that as one of his low point
Re: Democratic Rule In1979 Was A Great Achievement By Obasanjo- Buhari by Mzee1Kahuna(m): 5:41am On Mar 06, 2019
These-guys-knows-what-they're-doin. And-their-supporters-are;crazily-ranting&wailing-about.
Re: Democratic Rule In1979 Was A Great Achievement By Obasanjo- Buhari by careytommy37(m): 5:48am On Mar 06, 2019
LOL. love how this man is desperately trying to portray himself as a democrat
Re: Democratic Rule In1979 Was A Great Achievement By Obasanjo- Buhari by BabaAduras: 5:55am On Mar 06, 2019
Ruddyman:

You need a brain.

Beg Atiku to give you money to buy one.

6 Likes

Re: Democratic Rule In1979 Was A Great Achievement By Obasanjo- Buhari by MYHUBBY: 6:11am On Mar 06, 2019
InaNla:

so obj is now the best now but he was giving series of negative names when he wanted Gej out?

talking about hypocrites of the highest order, Igbo fit in that aberration
Re: Democratic Rule In1979 Was A Great Achievement By Obasanjo- Buhari by Nobody: 6:12am On Mar 06, 2019
martowskin1:

will you keep your mouth shut or I shut it myself?

Obasanjo will never attain any position close to even Tinubu in the west,Not to talk of Awolowo!

Obasanjo reeks of corruption and greed! He is so selfish and never wants anyone to get near his scanty achievements! A president for 11years and yet no achievement or legacy for the west, even in his hometown!

just keep quiet if you don't know and listen more(read) rather than saying what everyone says! se oti gbo?

2 Likes

Re: Democratic Rule In1979 Was A Great Achievement By Obasanjo- Buhari by luizkyworld(m): 6:20am On Mar 06, 2019
On Buhari's part, Shower praises on Obj, get him to advice Atiku to withdraw his court case. Mission accomplished! On Obj's part, jokingly say u can't stop criticing Buhari because u'r his boss after winning a 2nd term, get him to advice EFCC to stop coming after u...mission accomplished! Wisdom will not kill politicians!
Re: Democratic Rule In1979 Was A Great Achievement By Obasanjo- Buhari by wissenschaften(m): 6:30am On Mar 06, 2019
martowskin1:

He actually congratulated Nzeogwu and told the plotters that that was what Nigeria needed

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Agege LG Launches Free Shuttle Buses For School Pupils / Christians Won’t Vote Muslim-Muslim Presidential Candidates - PFN / Jonathan To Northern Leaders: Don't Distract Me! (2015)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.