Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,100 members, 7,807,302 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:03 PM

Kaduna Workers Beyond 50 Years Retired Compulsorily, Others Converted To Casual - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kaduna Workers Beyond 50 Years Retired Compulsorily, Others Converted To Casual (22012 Views)

El-rufai Vs NLC: FG Forms Committee On Kaduna, Workers’ Sack To Be Reversed / NJC Advises Buhari To Retire Walter Onnoghen Compulsorily Over $1.7m Cash / Kaduna Workers Rain Abuses On El-rufai In Prayers At Zaria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Go Down)

Re: Kaduna Workers Beyond 50 Years Retired Compulsorily, Others Converted To Casual by gbagyiza: 10:27am On Mar 06, 2019
Kbworld:
I'm a civil servant in kaduna, notin like dis is happening. Also d governor has come out to deny dis.

I am also from kaduna. You will agree with me that elrufai can do this. He is a controversial person which everyone is aware of , so, people will believe this memo even if d memo is not coming from him. This r some of price d governor has to pay for being such kind of character.
Re: Kaduna Workers Beyond 50 Years Retired Compulsorily, Others Converted To Casual by Nobody: 10:31am On Mar 06, 2019
I don't have a position on this issue cos it all depends on the motive for the action. But 55years is better not 50years. Salaries in Kaduna na peanut... It's among the worst in the country.
Re: Kaduna Workers Beyond 50 Years Retired Compulsorily, Others Converted To Casual by JohnFrankling(m): 10:32am On Mar 06, 2019
truthfulparrot:
I admire EL Rufai courage. If only he can always channel it to useful ventures like this. Let the truth be told, there is need to carry out a radical reformation of our civil service. More than 75percent of civil servants don't do anything at work. They get to work late and close early if they even bother to come to work at all!

If we must grow as a country, we cannot continue to encourage this culture of laziness. I am very sure that most of those working for civil service and collecting peanuts will fare better if they start their own business.

you are talking nonsense, Is 50 years the retirement age of civil servants?
Re: Kaduna Workers Beyond 50 Years Retired Compulsorily, Others Converted To Casual by MrAJQ(m): 10:37am On Mar 06, 2019
Retrenchment document in circulation is a forgery, says El-Rufai

The Governor of Kaduna State, Malam Nasir Ahmad El-Rufai has debunked a purported memo addressed to the Head of Service in his name as fake and forged document.

The Governor said it is a calculated mischief by the opposition meant for political gains ahead of Saturday governorship election.

In a statement issued by his spokesperson, Samuel Aruwan, the governor said:

“Our attention has been drawn to a document suggesting rationalization and conversation of civil servants to casual staff, by the Kaduna State Government. To set the record straight, the document in question is fake, forged and never emanated from the Governor.

“It emanated from the opposition who have no selling points instead outright resort to mundane and gutter politics ahead of Saturday election which they have certified failure.

“It is on this note, that we wish to disassociate the Governor and Government of Kaduna State from this criminally minded document by the drowning opposition.

“By this notice, we wish to inform our work force and citizens to disregard the entire contents of the fraudulent document. We also wish to alert members of the general public to be vigilant of this nefarious activity of a drowning political mongers .”

Signed

Samuel Aruwan
Senior Special Assistant to the Governor (Media and Publicity)
5th March 2019
Re: Kaduna Workers Beyond 50 Years Retired Compulsorily, Others Converted To Casual by Cocolatti(m): 10:53am On Mar 06, 2019
chloride6:
I suspect this fake news...

How can you retire everyone above Level 14.

Who come remain for civil service....

It's No fake news! Am from Kaduna and this is what the Governor is planning to do if he is re-elected
Re: Kaduna Workers Beyond 50 Years Retired Compulsorily, Others Converted To Casual by obstead200(m): 11:01am On Mar 06, 2019
chloride6:
I suspect this fake news...

How can you retire everyone above Level 14.

Who come remain for civil service....

this has to be fake news. Only divine madness, directly given by God, can make El-rufai, with all the controversy surrounding him presently, undertake such a step few days to his re-election.
Re: Kaduna Workers Beyond 50 Years Retired Compulsorily, Others Converted To Casual by Bimpe29: 11:02am On Mar 06, 2019
This seems to be a propaganda aimed at tarnish the person of El-Rufai. However, if it's not what I think it is, the action is not only bad but unacceptable to the good people of Kaduna State.
Re: Kaduna Workers Beyond 50 Years Retired Compulsorily, Others Converted To Casual by Triniti(m): 11:16am On Mar 06, 2019
truthfulparrot:
I admire EL Rufai courage. If only he can always channel it to useful ventures like this. Let the truth be told, there is need to carry out a radical reformation of our civil service. More than 75percent of civil servants don't do anything at work. They get to work late and close early if they even bother to come to work at all!

If we must grow as a country, we cannot continue to encourage this culture of laziness. I am very sure that most of those working for civil service and collecting peanuts will fare better if they start their own business.

You are spot on brother, I don’t like elrufai at all because of his antics, but the civil service in Nigeria needs to be unbundled. This guys are the sole reason why governments spend 85% of resources on recurrent expenditures, they collect all that money yet do nothing all year round. Come to work by 11 or 12 in the morning, start chatting away their time, then go back by 2:00pm at noon.
Re: Kaduna Workers Beyond 50 Years Retired Compulsorily, Others Converted To Casual by MrExcel(m): 11:34am On Mar 06, 2019
simpleseyi:

Your hatred for Islam is the cause of your madness.
You don't even know me that is why your comment here is a clear sign of myopathy. I hate Islam but have been voting for Muslims as governors and president? People like you are the reason Nigeria is divided. May your soul be freed from the shackles of irrationality
Re: Kaduna Workers Beyond 50 Years Retired Compulsorily, Others Converted To Casual by Sluvist(m): 11:36am On Mar 06, 2019
I can't believe this, just come and see redundancy at the highest level.
Re: Kaduna Workers Beyond 50 Years Retired Compulsorily, Others Converted To Casual by gare(f): 11:37am On Mar 06, 2019
saints2:
There seems to be a major shake-off in Kaduna and this has to affect the civil servants. In a memo which we obtained and circulated online, the state government has commenced the compulsory retirement of people who are 50yrs and above while others are to be converted to Casual Workers.

According to the memo dated 3rd January 2019 and signed by the Governor’s Principal Secretary, Salisu Suleiman, he directed that no Local Government should have more than 50 staff.

The memo said all categories of officers on Grade Level 01-06 are to be converted to Casual Engagement, officers on Grade Level 14 and above even if they are less than 50years old are to go on compulsory retirement while those over 50years are also to go on retirement.

See the memo letter below..

[img]https://2.bp..com/-t2ScgTfkZyQ/XH8eFGhgVJI/AAAAAAAAYuA/N0A7LzLFI94o-iAYaANQYyf-f3JT3Y6fgCLcBGAs/s1600/kaduna.jpg[/img]

SOurce:
https://politricknews..com/2019/03/major-shakeups-in-kaduna-as-workers.html

The foolish people will vote him on Saturday and come on Monday to cry, this is a good reason to disgrace this is imp and send him away from Kaduna State
Re: Kaduna Workers Beyond 50 Years Retired Compulsorily, Others Converted To Casual by Sufisunni: 11:42am On Mar 06, 2019
I pray this Hellrufai doesn't win re-election. This is scheer wickeddness.
Re: Kaduna Workers Beyond 50 Years Retired Compulsorily, Others Converted To Casual by Fidecoo(m): 11:49am On Mar 06, 2019
kolaaderin:
fake news will kill this country as long as the gullible ones will continue to believe this. Bloggers and opposition at work here. I think the president must also declare war against fake news.
, ok oo. If you said so. Abeg ,I no dey carry 9ja matter for head oo!!. Once I can pay bills and put food for table for me and loved ones. Glory be to good.
Re: Kaduna Workers Beyond 50 Years Retired Compulsorily, Others Converted To Casual by Bighead9: 12:12pm On Mar 06, 2019
Flyingngel:
Bighead9 post:

Mumu talk, you think say your people no dey Kaduna abi? Kaduna housed all Nigerians from all walks of life. Some Region see Kaduna as their ''CANADA'' ;

if my own be mumu talk wetin be your own? Them no put them for house arrest there. If you knw say the state wey u dey the governor no be am, pack ur load and come back except you like the suffering. Qed.

Which one be house arrest? We no get robbers, Baby factories, Ritualist, Pickpocketing, or Cultist for North. The North still remains one of the safest Region in this Country.

You've never travelled out of your locality, that's why you are spewing this trash. Travel and see.

Besides, the North can never suffer.

Re: Kaduna Workers Beyond 50 Years Retired Compulsorily, Others Converted To Casual by Bedlecturer(m): 12:49pm On Mar 06, 2019
truthfulparrot:

Nonsense talk. because you are opportune to have data
Re: Kaduna Workers Beyond 50 Years Retired Compulsorily, Others Converted To Casual by Flyingngel(m): 2:15pm On Mar 06, 2019
Bighead9 post:

Which one be house arrest? We no get robbers, Baby factories, Ritualist, Pickpocketing, or Cultist for North. The North still remains one of the safest Region in this Country.

You've never travelled out of your locality, that's why you are spewing this trash. Travel and see.

Do you have any affinity with the North Mr TRAVELLER?
you that have been travelling don't knw that North contribute a large percentage of holding us backward.
Mr Northener pls stick to ur Northern state and leave Southsouth states alone.

Besides, the North can never suffer.[/quote]
Re: Kaduna Workers Beyond 50 Years Retired Compulsorily, Others Converted To Casual by tipdrips: 2:24pm On Mar 06, 2019
This is fake news. Please disregard. Kindly refer to the link below for the official disclaimer:

https://twitter.com/govkaduna/status/1103165237514174465?s=12

saints2:
There seems to be a major shake-off in Kaduna and this has to affect the civil servants. In a memo which we obtained and circulated online, the state government has commenced the compulsory retirement of people who are 50yrs and above while others are to be converted to Casual Workers.

According to the memo dated 3rd January 2019 and signed by the Governor’s Principal Secretary, Salisu Suleiman, he directed that no Local Government should have more than 50 staff.

The memo said all categories of officers on Grade Level 01-06 are to be converted to Casual Engagement, officers on Grade Level 14 and above even if they are less than 50years old are to go on compulsory retirement while those over 50years are also to go on retirement.

See the memo letter below..

[img]https://2.bp..com/-t2ScgTfkZyQ/XH8eFGhgVJI/AAAAAAAAYuA/N0A7LzLFI94o-iAYaANQYyf-f3JT3Y6fgCLcBGAs/s1600/kaduna.jpg[/img]

SOurce:
https://politricknews..com/2019/03/major-shakeups-in-kaduna-as-workers.html
Re: Kaduna Workers Beyond 50 Years Retired Compulsorily, Others Converted To Casual by Mynd44: 2:28pm On Mar 06, 2019
8. Don't post false information on Nairaland.

(1) (2) (3)

Pat Utomi: APC Is Now Worse Than Jonathan's PDP Government / Makinde Wins Polling Unit, Wins In Adelabu’s Polling Unit / Why We Can’t Produce Tompolo – Lawyers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.