Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,648 members, 7,801,888 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:56 AM

Tractor Acquisition (investment Opportunity) - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Tractor Acquisition (investment Opportunity) (2394 Views)

Innovations In Commerce And Exchange, Solution To Digital Skill Acquisition / N150,000 Weekly If You Can Afford A Tractor / No.1 Agribusiness Investment Opportunity For 2018, Earn 20% ROI Monthly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tractor Acquisition (investment Opportunity) by agbajesaid(m): 8:41am On Mar 06, 2019
It has to do with TRACTOR.
I have acquired over 600 Acres to cultivate cassava this year.
If i have to plough the land, i will spend atleast 4 Million naira.
A Tokumbo tractor in good condition cost less than 5 Million naira.
So, i am thinking of a way of acquiring a tractor so that it can make the farm work easier.
Osun State Government has a whole has just 8 tractors and just 2 is in good condition.
So, if i can get one for myself, asides my personal work, it will be benefitial to all other farmers around as LEASE.
I have done all the calculations and i can guarantee that if i get a tractor through LOAN or HIGHER PURCHASE, I can pay it back in just 1 farming season (8 Months).
I wouldnt mind if anyone had an individual or organaisation that can assist in such area. I have a registered farm name with CAC and i have small collateral i can use to stand.
Thanks

Most business men invest on Buses and Trailers not knowing that tractor is more profitable.
It is accident free, last for over 20 yrs in active service and the daily ROI is high.

I am willing to pay double the price of the tractor in a span of 2 years.
And if there is anyone willing to partake in the purchase of the tractor through CROWDFUNDING, the person will be paid on Monthly basis based on the income generated from the tractor for as long as the tractor is in operation.

1 Like

Re: Tractor Acquisition (investment Opportunity) by agbajesaid(m): 9:54am On Mar 08, 2019
Still awaiting feedback.
My contact: 070-39530427
Re: Tractor Acquisition (investment Opportunity) by NairalandAngel(m): 10:39am On Mar 09, 2019
agbajesaid:
It has to do with TRACTOR.
I have acquired over 600 Acres to cultivate cassava this year.
If i have to plough the land, i will spend atleast 4 Million naira.
A Tokumbo tractor in good condition cost less than 5 Million naira.
So, i am thinking of a way of acquiring a tractor so that it can make the farm work easier.
Osun State Government has a whole has just 8 tractors and just 2 is in good condition.
So, if i can get one for myself, asides my personal work, it will be benefitial to all other farmers around as LEASE.
I have done all the calculations and i can guarantee that if i get a tractor through LOAN or HIGHER PURCHASE, I can pay it back in just 1 farming season (8 Months).
I wouldnt mind if anyone had an individual or organaisation that can assist in such area. I have a registered farm name with CAC and i have small collateral i can use to stand.
Thanks

Most business men invest on Buses and Trailers not knowing that tractor is more profitable.
It is accident free, last for over 20 yrs in active service and the daily ROI is high.

I am willing to pay double the price of the tractor in a span of 2 years.
And if there is anyone willing to partake in the purchase of the tractor through CROWDFUNDING, the person will be paid on Monthly basis based on the income generated from the tractor for as long as the tractor is in operation.

What is the daily lease rental for a tractor in your locality?

How many hours does a tractor work each day?

What's the daily running cost?

How much is the driver paid?

I hope you know athst the tractor's job is just to plough the land and not necessarily to clear it of bushes and trees
Re: Tractor Acquisition (investment Opportunity) by agbajesaid(m): 1:35pm On Mar 09, 2019
NairalandAngel:

What is the daily lease rental for a tractor in your locality?

How many hours does a tractor work each day?

What's the daily running cost?

How much is the driver paid?

I hope you know athst the tractor's job is just to plough the land and not necessarily to clear it of bushes and trees
We dont lease tractor on daily basis here but rather by Acreage. A tractor ploughs 1 Acre for ATLEAST #5000.
A tractor plougs an average of 7 Acres per day.

As regards the running cost, i will base it on 1 Acre. An average of 6 litres of diesel is used to plough 1 Acre. And the tractor operator/driver is paid #1000 per Acre. So the running cost for 1 Acre is #2,380.
That leaves Is with a profit of #2,620 on 1 Acre.

Its always good to pay the driver based on the number of Acres He ploughs, that will motivate Him to plough more.

1 Like

Re: Tractor Acquisition (investment Opportunity) by NairalandAngel(m): 2:40pm On Mar 11, 2019
agbajesaid:
We dont lease tractor on daily basis here but rather by Acreage. A tractor ploughs 1 Acre for ATLEAST #5000.

As regards the running cost, i will base it on 1 Acre. An average of 6 litres of diesel is used to plough 1 Acre. And the tractor operator/driver is paid #1000 per Acre. So the running cost for 1 Acre is #2,380.

Its always good to pay the driver based on the number of Acres He ploughs, that will motivate Him to plough more.

What's the maximum number of acres a tractor can plough in a day assuming it works at full capacity?
Re: Tractor Acquisition (investment Opportunity) by NairalandAngel(m): 2:46pm On Mar 11, 2019
agbajesaid:

What's the maximum number of acres a tractor can plough in a day assuming it works at full capacity?

How many hours will it take me to get to your location from Lagos?
Re: Tractor Acquisition (investment Opportunity) by agbajesaid(m): 7:45pm On Mar 11, 2019
NairalandAngel:

How many hours will it take me to get to your location from Lagos?
10 Acres
It takes just 3hrs to get to my location from Lagos
And we can chat on whatsapp sir on 0-7-0-39530427
Re: Tractor Acquisition (investment Opportunity) by agbajesaid(m): 3:29pm On Mar 17, 2019
2M gotten. 5M to go
Re: Tractor Acquisition (investment Opportunity) by unikwa: 11:39pm On Mar 21, 2019
What type of tractor are you looking to purchase? I may be able to import a decent tractor at reduced cost.

Older tractors like the following are strong, have spare parts, and low-cost:
Ford 8N, John Deere 60, Oliver 77, Massey Ferguson 135, Farmall H, etc.

Of course, delivery by ocean to Nigeria will take anything from 60-90 days. So if you are looking for something to use immediately, my idea may not work.

Leave your email address. Let's chat further.
Re: Tractor Acquisition (investment Opportunity) by agbajesaid(m): 2:12pm On Mar 22, 2019
unikwa:
What type of tractor are you looking to purchase? I may be able to import a decent tractor at reduced cost.

Older tractors like the following are strong, have spare parts, and low-cost:
Ford 8N, John Deere 60, Oliver 77, Massey Ferguson 135, Farmall H, etc.

Of course, delivery by ocean to Nigeria will take anything from 60-90 days. So if you are looking for something to use immediately, my idea may not work.
Leave your email address. Let's chat further.
We can continue with the discussion here because other people might be interested.
I prefer the FIAT tractor model because of the durability and genuity of the spare parts.
Then i will appreciate if you can state the prices of the Tractors mentioned above here sir. Thanks
Re: Tractor Acquisition (investment Opportunity) by unikwa: 11:29pm On Mar 23, 2019
You asked about the price. But the story is not straight forward.

I'm planning a trip to Atlanta, GA. I'll try and put a tractor on the sea before I return.

The US is awash with used tractors. But I have to get something from Atlanta environs, so as to reduce the cost of delivery to the shipper.
From what I found out, it costs about $4.50 per mile to transport a tractor.

So let's say you purchase a tractor from someone 200 miles away, the delivery cost to the shipper would be about $1,000.
On the other hand, if the distance is 50 miles, delivery to the shipper would be about $250.

Brands:
I looked around for a Fiat brand that you mentioned, I found them for sale mainly in Europe. Nothing in the US.

So if you want something from the US, you have to settle for brands like Massey Ferguson, Ford, John Deere, Farmall, Kubota, etc.

Parts availability:
The parts are easy to get in the US. I don't know about Nigeria. I do see a lot of those brands in Nigeria though. So I would imagine that the parts are available in Nigeria.
Also, I heard the parts are inexpensive and they are easy to fix, compared to other brands.

Shipping:
I'm not sure yet what shipping costs. But my preliminary search shows it'll be roughly $1,000 to Lagos.

Clearing:
I will use a clearing agent in Lagos.
I don't yet know what the customs duty + clearing will be.

Rough estimate:
Let's make the following assumptions....

Tractor: $5,000;
Delivery to shipper: $500.
Ocean shipping (US -> Lagos): $1,000.
Customs duty + clearing fees: $2,000.
Misc: I will charge you an extra $500 for my troubles + mechanic's fee.

Total: $9,000.
@N360/$1,
9,000*360 = N3,240,000.

Note: the customs duty is an unknown at this time. It could be less, it could be more.

---------------------------------------------------------

I think the above is a good estimate.
Now, instead of a $5,000 tractor, you could opt for say $3,500.
In that case, total = $7,500.
7,500*360 = N2,700,000.

Payment:
This is the hard part.
If the trust is there, you pay beforehand. Your money is safe with me.

On the other hand, if you have to pay after delivery, then it would amount to me selling a N5m tractor to you for N3m. I could as well just sell it to someone else for N5m. I'm just being frank here.

The other option is to use some type of escrow service.
Of course, they charge extra fee for that.

--------------------------------------------------------

Reliability:

I will go with a mechanic to check out the machine to make sure it runs, and that tires are in good condition before I buy.
Beyond that, you're purchasing a used tractor AS-IS.

Generally speaking though, US farmers are very good at maintaining their machines.

Examples:

https://www.tractorhouse.com/listings/farm-equipment/for-sale/30368517/massey-ferguson-135
MASSEY-FERGUSON 135
$6,500

https://www.machinerypete.com/details/40-99-hp/1975/john-deere/830/19689740
John Deere 830 Tractor
$4,750

https://www.machinerypete.com/details/40-99-hp/1980/ford/3600/19699351
Ford 3600
$4,900

https://www.machinerypete.com/details/under-40-hp/1985/massey-ferguson/1030/19698385
Massey Ferguson 1030
$3,999
Re: Tractor Acquisition (investment Opportunity) by agbajesaid(m): 2:34pm On Mar 24, 2019
unikwa:
You asked about the price. But the story is not straight forward.

I'm planning a trip to Atlanta, GA. I'll try and put a tractor on the sea before I return.

The US is awash with used tractors. But I have to get something from Atlanta environs, so as to reduce the cost of delivery to the shipper.
From what I found out, it costs about $4.50 per mile to transport a tractor.

So let's say you purchase a tractor from someone 200 miles away, the delivery cost to the shipper would be about $1,000.
On the other hand, if the distance is 50 miles, delivery to the shipper would be about $250.

Brands:
I looked around for a Fiat brand that you mentioned, I found them for sale mainly in Europe. Nothing in the US.

So if you want something from the US, you have to settle for brands like Massey Ferguson, Ford, John Deere, Farmall, Kubota, etc.

Parts availability:
The parts are easy to get in the US. I don't know about Nigeria. I do see a lot of those brands in Nigeria though. So I would imagine that the parts are available in Nigeria.
Also, I heard the parts are inexpensive and they are easy to fix, compared to other brands.

Shipping:
I'm not sure yet what shipping costs. But my preliminary search shows it'll be roughly $1,000 to Lagos.

Clearing:
I will use a clearing agent in Lagos.
I don't yet know what the customs duty + clearing will be.

Rough estimate:
Let's make the following assumptions....

Tractor: $5,000;
Delivery to shipper: $500.
Ocean shipping (US -> Lagos): $1,000.
Customs duty + clearing fees: $2,000.
Misc: I will charge you an extra $500 for my troubles + mechanic's fee.

Total: $9,000.
@N360/$1,
9,000*360 = N3,240,000.

Note: the customs duty is an unknown at this time. It could be less, it could be more.

I think the above is a good estimate.
Now, instead of a $5,000 tractor, you could opt for say $3,500.
In that case, total = $7,500.
7,500*360 = N2,700,000.

Payment:
This is the hard part.
If the trust is there, you pay beforehand. Your money is safe with me.

On the other hand, if you have to pay after delivery, then it would amount to me selling a N5m tractor to you for N3m. I could as well just sell it to someone else for N5m. I'm just being frank here.

The other option is to use some type of escrow service.
Of course, they charge extra fee for that.

--------------------------------------------------------

Reliability:

I will go with a mechanic to check out the machine to make sure it runs, and that tires are in good condition before I buy.
Beyond that, you're purchasing a used tractor AS-IS.

Generally speaking though, US farmers are very good at maintaining their machines.

Examples:

https://www.tractorhouse.com/listings/farm-equipment/for-sale/30368517/massey-ferguson-135
MASSEY-FERGUSON 135
$6,500

https://www.machinerypete.com/details/40-99-hp/1975/john-deere/830/19689740
John Deere 830 Tractor
$4,750

https://www.machinerypete.com/details/40-99-hp/1980/ford/3600/19699351
Ford 3600
$4,900

https://www.machinerypete.com/details/under-40-hp/1985/massey-ferguson/1030/19698385
Massey Ferguson 1030
$3,999

Thanks for the detailed response, i appreciate. I will get back to you asap
Re: Tractor Acquisition (investment Opportunity) by unikwa: 10:01pm On Apr 01, 2019
agbajesaid:
Thanks for the detailed response, i appreciate. I will get back to you asap

I am hitting some roadblocks trying to obtain information about shipping.

One shipping company told me they don't ship vehicles 15 yrs and older. That means a farm tractor is being classified as a vehicle. If that info is accurate, then Nigerian farmers would face major challenges in acquiring tractors.

If anybody knows the answer to this question, please let us know. Are tractors 15yrs or older banned from being imported?
Re: Tractor Acquisition (investment Opportunity) by essenceplus: 10:06pm On Apr 01, 2019
Hmm
Re: Tractor Acquisition (investment Opportunity) by TellMeTheTruth(m): 9:52pm On Apr 03, 2019
unikwa:

I am hitting some roadblocks trying to obtain information about shipping.

One shipping company told me they don't ship vehicles 15 yrs and older. That means a farm tractor is being classified as a vehicle. If that info is accurate, then Nigerian farmers would face major challenges in acquiring tractors.

If anybody knows the answer to this question, please let us know. Are tractors 15yrs or older banned from being imported?

A tractor is a vehicle any way you wish to look at it
Re: Tractor Acquisition (investment Opportunity) by unikwa: 7:41am On Apr 17, 2019
TellMeTheTruth:

A tractor is a vehicle any way you wish to look at it

Are you sure about that, or you're merely speculating?

This webpage
http://www.debofarm.com.ng/import-tax-duty-nigeria.php
shows that agricultural tractors only attracts 5% VAT. That would not be the case if a tractor were classified as a vehicle.

Please post references to prove your point.
Re: Tractor Acquisition (investment Opportunity) by bidosko(m): 10:57am On Nov 20, 2019
@agbajesaid is a scammer beware of him

2 Likes

Re: Tractor Acquisition (investment Opportunity) by agbajesaid(m): 3:04pm On Nov 20, 2019
Re: Tractor Acquisition (investment Opportunity) by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:49pm On Nov 21, 2019
bidosko:
@agbajesaid is a scammer beware of him

Are you sure, scammers capitalise on the greed of the scammed

(1) (Reply)

Greedy And Fake Investors On Nairaland / 20 Best Businesses You Can Start With N5k In Nigeria / #MMM Has Kept To Their Word. Payment Confirmed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.