Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:26 AM

Don’t Turn Delta Into Theatre Of War, Monarchs Tell Military - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Turn Delta Into Theatre Of War, Monarchs Tell Military (10719 Views)

2023: You Are The Next President - Ondo Monarchs Tell Tinubu / Take The Fight To Boko Haram Enclaves, Reps Tell Military / Ore: From Theatre Of War To Industrial Hub (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don’t Turn Delta Into Theatre Of War, Monarchs Tell Military by actiondrilling: 8:48am On Mar 06, 2019
Traditional rulers in Delta State have appealed to the military and other security agencies not to turn the state into a theatre of war and stop disenfranchising Deltans under the guise of obeying orders from above.

Chairman of the state Council of Traditional Rulers and Obi of Owa, Dr. Emmanuel Efeizomor, in a statement, made the appeal on behalf of the traditional rulers in Asaba, the state capital.

Efeizomor said the call is coming against the backdrop of plan by the Federal Government to deploy military personnel during Saturday’s governorship election in the state.

He said Delta State had been a peaceful state, adding that the present and previous administrations had done a lot to achieve peace and ethnic harmony, which should not be truncated under whatever guise.

The monarch, who insisted that security agencies on election duty should adhere to the rules of engagement even as he charged the political gladiators to display maturity and play by the rules, said elections would come and go but Delta State would remain an indivisible political entity of the nation.

He said that eligible voters should be allowed to freely cast their votes for their choice candidates without any hindrance, adding that in every contest, there must be a winner and a loser.

Also, he enjoined the political class to adopt the spirit of sportsmanship and be magnanimous in victory.

The monarch, who charged the youths not to engage in any act capable of causing crisis and political violence before, during and after the elections, urged the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to be transparent.

https://www.akelicious.net/2019/03/dont-turn-delta-into-theatre-of-war.html

1 Like

Re: Don’t Turn Delta Into Theatre Of War, Monarchs Tell Military by momodub: 8:51am On Mar 06, 2019
noted men in green and guns have arrived

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Turn Delta Into Theatre Of War, Monarchs Tell Military by Balet: 8:51am On Mar 06, 2019
Are these set of people the only ones voting in the country?
Why the cries all over the places naa

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don’t Turn Delta Into Theatre Of War, Monarchs Tell Military by dante0147: 8:52am On Mar 06, 2019
They are Zombies ! Fela as said it !

5 Likes

Re: Don’t Turn Delta Into Theatre Of War, Monarchs Tell Military by bigandbold: 8:52am On Mar 06, 2019
APC WANT TO TAKE OVER DELTA BY FORCE

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Turn Delta Into Theatre Of War, Monarchs Tell Military by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:52am On Mar 06, 2019
Reminds me of an election like that in one state. It was made public then that rigging was going on live and ballot boxes were snatched here and there and that no security agency was around to arrest the situation. The government was accused of calculated rigging by not involving security personnel to monitor the elections.
Now that military, police are involved we are crying out loud of soldiers voter victimization and intimidation

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Turn Delta Into Theatre Of War, Monarchs Tell Military by chinavs9ja(m): 8:52am On Mar 06, 2019
Ok

I am a web designer, check my signature
Re: Don’t Turn Delta Into Theatre Of War, Monarchs Tell Military by eben1marketer: 8:52am On Mar 06, 2019
shocked
Re: Don’t Turn Delta Into Theatre Of War, Monarchs Tell Military by maxiuc(m): 8:52am On Mar 06, 2019
angry
Re: Don’t Turn Delta Into Theatre Of War, Monarchs Tell Military by lomprico(m): 8:53am On Mar 06, 2019
Buhari n apc wants an oil producing state by fire by force. Delta and Akwa Ibom are their targets. I see apc rigging their way through in one of these states or both. The man in rivers is way ahead of their tactics n plots.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don’t Turn Delta Into Theatre Of War, Monarchs Tell Military by Chinashopping84: 8:54am On Mar 06, 2019
we are in for it in this country.We pay rmb directly to your suppliers.check below.
Re: Don’t Turn Delta Into Theatre Of War, Monarchs Tell Military by Godjone(m): 8:55am On Mar 06, 2019
na civilians body dem dey sabi flex muscle whereas biko haram is busy harassing and slaughtering them like cows in the north east. Satanic army

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Turn Delta Into Theatre Of War, Monarchs Tell Military by Joshmodest(m): 8:55am On Mar 06, 2019
Na for civilians body all this Soldiers dem dey get power....boko Haram were reportedly with the chibok girls in sambisa forest...that time dem no fit go meet them...but once they deploy them to polling booths , ehen thier d*ck go rise !!!!
Nonsense and Buhari !!

1 Like

Re: Don’t Turn Delta Into Theatre Of War, Monarchs Tell Military by ojun50(m): 8:55am On Mar 06, 2019
What is the gain of taking over a state with the military wen the people are nt sure of better life...... We should jst divide this fuc.kin country

1 Like

Re: Don’t Turn Delta Into Theatre Of War, Monarchs Tell Military by ClearFlair: 8:56am On Mar 06, 2019
They should direct their comments at the mad people in PDP

3 Likes

Re: Don’t Turn Delta Into Theatre Of War, Monarchs Tell Military by zoedew: 8:56am On Mar 06, 2019
The lawless have a lot to be afraid of
Re: Don’t Turn Delta Into Theatre Of War, Monarchs Tell Military by Huhu188: 8:57am On Mar 06, 2019
Check my signature to migrate to canada

Re: Don’t Turn Delta Into Theatre Of War, Monarchs Tell Military by Paperwhite(m): 8:58am On Mar 06, 2019
The APC government have reduced itself to a sorry thing.Why are they hellbent on winning the Niger Delta states.

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Turn Delta Into Theatre Of War, Monarchs Tell Military by Nobody: 9:01am On Mar 06, 2019
zoedew:
The lawless have a lot to be afraid of

That was what you guys said when the president ordered the security agencies to brutally deal with ballot box snatchers. At the end of the day who were the ballot box snatchers? APC thugs. Did anything happen to them? Your guess is as good as mine.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Turn Delta Into Theatre Of War, Monarchs Tell Military by zoedew: 9:08am On Mar 06, 2019
Goodyness:

That was what you guys said when the president ordered the security agencies to brutally deal with ballot box snatchers. At the end of the day who were the ballot box snatchers? APC thugs. Did anything happen to them? Your guess is as good as mine.

That’s why there is an Election Petition Tribunal and The International Criminal Court for folks to press their rights at Law which is better than by force of arms

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Turn Delta Into Theatre Of War, Monarchs Tell Military by win3k: 9:12am On Mar 06, 2019
Stupid southerners, it is already a theater Of War...
Re: Don’t Turn Delta Into Theatre Of War, Monarchs Tell Military by Chipink(f): 9:13am On Mar 06, 2019
undecided
Re: Don’t Turn Delta Into Theatre Of War, Monarchs Tell Military by OBAGADAFFI: 9:16am On Mar 06, 2019
grin
Re: Don’t Turn Delta Into Theatre Of War, Monarchs Tell Military by Nobody: 9:16am On Mar 06, 2019
zoedew:

That’s why there is an Election Petition Tribunal and The International Criminal Court for folks to press their rights at Law which is better than by force of arms
My point is that it is wrong to use the security agencies to intimidate your opponents. Allow an equal playing field for all. How many thugs were arrested talk less of killed for snatching and burning ballot papers?
Re: Don’t Turn Delta Into Theatre Of War, Monarchs Tell Military by ck470: 9:22am On Mar 06, 2019
Balet:
Are these set of people the only ones voting in AQ country?
Why the cries all over the places naa
if u dont know what to say then read and pass did u hear of such military harassment elsewhere? Even in Lagos where tugs burnt and scattered pulling boot did u hear that security forces harassed any body?
Re: Don’t Turn Delta Into Theatre Of War, Monarchs Tell Military by mtstyle(m): 9:23am On Mar 06, 2019
Re: Don’t Turn Delta Into Theatre Of War, Monarchs Tell Military by jared007: 9:43am On Mar 06, 2019
Those days a certain pastor would say "go and prosper." lol u must prosper by force.

Pdp under the godfather from Oghara has enslaved Deltans to the extent they dont know the difference between excellent performance and under performance by govt officials.

Apc is here to force u to prosper.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Turn Delta Into Theatre Of War, Monarchs Tell Military by zoedew: 9:51am On Mar 06, 2019
Goodyness:

I am not a card carrying member of any political party. I deprecate thuggish tendencies and electoral malpractices. It is up to who witness such to press at law.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Turn Delta Into Theatre Of War, Monarchs Tell Military by SheikhMuniru(m): 9:52am On Mar 06, 2019
As You Know Our Military Personnel Are Zombies Maywhile The Commander Of Zombies Is Mr Bubu, So Therefore You Should send That Message To Mr Bubu In Aso Rock, He Will Instruct Them... Obey The Last Command
Re: Don’t Turn Delta Into Theatre Of War, Monarchs Tell Military by Buharifanatic: 9:56am On Mar 06, 2019
lomprico:
Buhari n apc wants an oil producing state by fire by force. Delta and Akwa Ibom are their targets. I see apc rigging their way through in one of these states or both. The man in rivers is way ahead of their tactics n plots.
it's sensible to do, pdp have had it easy In these zones, nearly every other part of the country, can switch parties when voting but south south is always going pdp

Any reasonable government will want to change that for future elections

And these states are providing funds to keep pdp functioning

3 Likes

Re: Don’t Turn Delta Into Theatre Of War, Monarchs Tell Military by Buharifanatic: 9:57am On Mar 06, 2019
SheikhMuniru:
As You Know Our Military Personnel Are Zombies Maywhile The Commander Of Zombies Is Mr Bubu, So Therefore You Should send That Message To Mr Bubu In Aso Rock, He Will Instruct Them... Obey The Last Command
coward, go to the army barrack near you and repeat this statement
Re: Don’t Turn Delta Into Theatre Of War, Monarchs Tell Military by SheikhMuniru(m): 9:59am On Mar 06, 2019
Buharifanatic:
coward, go to the army barrack near you and repeat this statement

In fact I Dey Inside Army Barrack..

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

I'm Not Corrupt, I Pleaded Guilty To Save Nigeria's Image – Ibori / Is There Any University In Nigeria That Can Accept This Result??? / Presidential Panel To Recover $7bn Bailout Funds From Banks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.