Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,786 members, 7,806,180 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:35 PM

Wives Submit To Your Husbands - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wives Submit To Your Husbands (1638 Views)

Women, Stop Lying To Your Husbands And Playing Victim Afterwards! / Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them / Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wives Submit To Your Husbands by megacity: 12:46pm On Aug 31, 2010
This woman, my wife, is anything but submissive. she is always challenging  and confronting me. she never listens, before i say one or two words, she must have said ten. she would be talking continuously, insisting on her own decided course of action, refusing to listen, and eventually doing the things she decided against the decisions and instructions of me, her husband. She too is insultive, very very.

Now I know that the BIble requires wives to submit to their husbands:
EPH 5:22 Wives SUBMIT yourselves unto your husbands, as unto the Lord
COL 3:18 Wives SUBMIT yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord.

Above verses doesnt seem to exist in the Bible of this woman though she likes to claim to be a christian

what I understand by wife submit to your husband is: when the husband talks, the wife listens and does whatever the man said for her to do, the way he said for her to do it without ever challenging or confronting him. she may only offer her opinion as a suggestion but in any case, the husband's decision supercedes is final

Before I do something drastic, folks pls help explain what you understand by WIVES SUBMIT TO YOUR HUSBANDS
Re: Wives Submit To Your Husbands by babyme1(f): 12:53pm On Aug 31, 2010
Read on and you'll see in verse 25:

Husbands,love ur wives,even as Christ also loved the church,and gave himself for it;that He may sanctifyand cleansed it. . .

Do u love ur wife selflessly as stated in the Bible,or u want to rule over her? Love does not want to be served,but it serves. Wake up man and study the scriptures

1 Like

Re: Wives Submit To Your Husbands by InkedNerd(f): 12:55pm On Aug 31, 2010
baby.me:

Husbands,love your wives,even as Christ also loved the church,and gave himself for it;that He may sanctifyand cleansed it. . .

Do u love your wife selflessly as stated in the Bible,or u want to rule over her? Love does not want to be served,but it serves. Wake up man and study the scriptures

cheesy wink

1 Like

Re: Wives Submit To Your Husbands by Omolola1(f): 12:58pm On Aug 31, 2010
It means the wife should respect her husband and love him dearly! provided the husband loves his wife too and accords her, her own respect!

1 Like

Re: Wives Submit To Your Husbands by Olami099(m): 1:09pm On Aug 31, 2010
Wife shld have free mobility and husband shld carry its burden himself.Patient is d key to good marital life.

1 Like

Re: Wives Submit To Your Husbands by petebor02(m): 1:17pm On Aug 31, 2010
Wife shld have free mobility and husband shld carry its burden himself.Patient is d key to good marital life.
[quote][/quote]not married

1 Like

Re: Wives Submit To Your Husbands by mpulesa(f): 1:30pm On Aug 31, 2010

Jesus of Nazareth, Olami099 ima marry you

1 Like

Re: Wives Submit To Your Husbands by megacity: 1:54pm On Aug 31, 2010
baby.me:

Husbands,love your wives,even as Christ also loved the church,and gave himself for it;that He may sanctifyand cleansed it. . .

Do u love your wife selflessly as stated in the Bible,or u want to rule over her? Love does not want to be served,but it serves. Wake up man and study the scriptures

how does a husband love a disobedient wife? that a man married a woman is proof positive that he loves her. To keep the love she needs to be submissive and which i understand to mean obedient the husband, not come be opening her mouth as if she is the head of the man and not the other way round

Omolola1:

It means the wife should respect her husband and love him dearly! provided the husband loves his wife too and accords her, her own respect!

this part of the problem. the Bible does not say for women to love their husbands, it says for women to SUBMIT to their husbands. when she has done her own thing agaist my instruction, she ll come back and say she did everything because she loves me.

what the man wants is submission, obedience like God says, then the man can can love her; this is a sure path to peace but when the woman is disobedient, refusing to take instruction and talking as if she is wiser than her husband, what can the man do?
Re: Wives Submit To Your Husbands by MrCorky: 2:11pm On Aug 31, 2010
true. All womens must submit to men wink (CNN News; 1849)
Re: Wives Submit To Your Husbands by googles: 2:25pm On Aug 31, 2010
Mr Corky:

true. All womens must submit to men wink (CNN News; 1849)

you are still alive ? missed your dumbhead tho' cheesy

@OP

Was she like this before you married her or she changed all of a sudden ? undecided

if she has always been like this,den no point saying anything cos you must have smelled wat you were gettin' into

if she suddenly changed den sommin must have gone wrong somewhere if dis is the case i think you should sit her down and thrash watever is

eating her up and making her act like a grump

1 Like

Re: Wives Submit To Your Husbands by Oba234: 12:48am On Sep 01, 2010
I hope you are following everything the bible says from the beginning to the end instead of just picking scriptures out that suits you. you married her, deal with it.

1 Like

Re: Wives Submit To Your Husbands by Sissy3(f): 2:04am On Sep 01, 2010
NOT AGAIN

use the search engine in the family section you will get ALL the answers you need. satisfaction guaranteed wink
Re: Wives Submit To Your Husbands by Nobody: 2:07am On Sep 01, 2010
megacity, have you loved your wife or you're just there demanding for "submission"? Of course i agree with you that your wife must submit to you but it seems you're not doing something right.

1 Like

Re: Wives Submit To Your Husbands by softgirl1: 10:46am On Sep 01, 2010
what I understand by wife submit to your husband is: when the husband talks, the wife listens and does whatever the man said for her to do, the way he said for her to do it without ever challenging or confronting him. she may only offer her opinion as a suggestion but in any case, the husband's decision supercedes is final

@poster Even if ur Instructions will lead the two of u to distruction Abi u are ur Wife are paterns u should learn to operate that way it will help alot and stop being ur wife bus ok shocked

1 Like

Re: Wives Submit To Your Husbands by Nobody: 10:11am On Oct 08, 2010
megacity:

This woman, my wife, is anything but submissive. she is always challenging  and confronting me. she never listens, before i say one or two words, she must have said ten. she would be talking continuously, insisting on her own decided course of action, refusing to listen, and eventually doing the things she decided against the decisions and instructions of me, her husband. She too is insultive, very very.

Now I know that the BIble requires wives to submit to their husbands:
EPH 5:22 Wives SUBMIT yourselves unto your husbands, as unto the Lord
COL 3:18 Wives SUBMIT yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord.

Above verses doesnt seem to exist in the Bible of this woman though she likes to claim to be a christian

Before I do something drastic, folks pls help explain what you understand by WIVES SUBMIT TO YOUR HUSBANDS

F uck that.

1 Like

Re: Wives Submit To Your Husbands by dayokanu(m): 9:20pm On Oct 08, 2010
The best thing is to keep quiet and play the ignore and siddon look card
Re: Wives Submit To Your Husbands by sms4health: 5:52pm On Oct 09, 2010
You probably both have control issues that is why you are experiencing this.

Have you communicated this issue with her in a calm and patient way?

Not bringing up "You have to be submissive to me!"

1 Like

Re: Wives Submit To Your Husbands by Jellitah: 7:35am On Feb 09, 2013
The more they 'submit'. . . the more the become 'DIE-VORCEES' AND 'WIDOW IN CHRIST'!
Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh!!!! cheesy

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Like A Movie But It Happened! / PHOTOS: Meet World’s Oldest Mother Who Gave Birth To Twins At 70 / 10 Years After A Man Was Shocked When He Discovered His Wife Was A Man (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.