Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,953 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:07 AM

Veterinary Doctor Available For Your Pet - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Veterinary Doctor Available For Your Pet (3412 Views)

How To Identify Quack Veterinary Doctors / I Think My Dog Is Not Dead, The Veterinary Doctor Lied. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Veterinary Doctor Available For Your Pet by Nobody: 10:33am On Mar 06, 2019
We offer veterinary services on any type of animals, dogs,fish,cat,horse etc we also sell different types of dog food,cat food , dog mixed indomie for ur dog. Our petstore is at iyana ipaja Lagos.we also offer home delivery. Contact me on my Signature. Thanks Dr Alex

Re: Veterinary Doctor Available For Your Pet by jeff1607(m): 11:35am On Mar 06, 2019
Alexbox:
We offer veterinary services on any type of animals, dogs,fish,cat,horse etc we also sell different types of dog food,cat food , dog mixed indomie for ur dog. Our petstore is at iyana ipaja Lagos.we also offer home delivery. Contact me on my Signature. Thanks Dr Alex

sir how good is noodles good for dogs?

and between eurican and provac which by your own understanding is better?

which multi vitamin n supplement would you advise for a medium to large breed dog?
Re: Veterinary Doctor Available For Your Pet by Bomae: 12:10pm On Mar 06, 2019
Keeping ur dogs Paws healthy

dogs spend so much time running, jumping, fetching and generally mostly outside so u expect their paws to be dirty and needs care as well.

The paw are made up of skin, bone, tendons, ligaments, blood supply, and tissue.

If u av an a parlour dog and u never walk that dog on hot streets, they are going to av blister when u eventually start it so its important to introduce ur dogs to this.

During the hot seasons exercise ur dogs to avoid pad blistering in the future.

To avoid damages during cold weather u also av to take ur dogs out on walks.

Paws allow dogs to move around comfortably on land and in the water.

Water dogs, such as retrievers, have webbing between toes to help them swim better in the water.

Snow breeds like the St. Bernard and the Newfoundland have large paws with greater surface that allow them to walk steadily and with ease on cold and icy terrain for those that live abroad, but i learnt there use to be snow in Jos is that true?

If damage occurs to one paw, a dog can still get around, but it will limp. Damage more than one paw and the dog is severely handicapped.

To keep those very important paws in top shape, u could check inspect ur dog's paws every time come back from a walk or exercise sessions. Make sure they've not picked up a stick, thorn, and also check in between the toes.

However, if ur dog suddenly starts limping, u should examine ur dog’s paws immediately. Look between toes, on the top of the foot and between the pads on the bottom of the feet.

us ur dog spend time licking his feet? If so, this could be a warning sign. U need to investigate the source of the irritant to determine if there is a particular reason or location of the dog’s attention to its feet.

If ur dogs is susceptible to contact allergies to certain grasses, washing off the dog’s feet after being outside is a good idea.

Biting and chewing or licking can be a sign of inhalant allergies and the dog needs to be checked by a vet

Excessive licking can damage the tissues further and can also delay healing. So it's a good idea to always check the status of ur dog's paws if anything seems out of the ordinary. If you notice that ur dog has a minor cut on his paw, wash the foot with an antiseptic soap and apply a topical antibiotic cream.

What may appear to be a small wound on the surface actually may be a tendon laceration.

It's not unusual for dogs to have cracked or dry pads. If dogs spend a lot of time on rough surfaces such as concrete they will eventually have thickened pads.

In this case the best thing to do is rub Vitamin E cream into the pad just like u would if you have sand paper hands � make sure to rub it well so the dog would not lick it off.

When it comes to a dog's nails and how often they need to be trimmed, it depends on the dog's activities. In general, the nails need to be trimmed monthly so that the tip of the nail (length) is roughly aligned with the plane of the pad on the toe.

As a responsible dog owner or lover u should download Telegram from Play store and join the group now.

I hope u dont want to miss us? We dnt wana say goodbye to u as well cos thats the saddest word�.

Follow the link to join our group on telegram and learn everything about dogs

https:///CanineEducation
Re: Veterinary Doctor Available For Your Pet by Nobody: 3:19pm On Mar 06, 2019
If ur dog is an adult u can start with noodles mixed with fish meal,dry meat,soya meal very nutritious.the 2 vaccine are good it depends on how u preserve and administered it if u don't preserve it very well it will fail.u can give vitapet MULTIVITAMINS,or bullymax multivitamins depends on ur pocket. Thanks
jeff1607:

sir how good is noodles good for dogs?

and between eurican and provac which by your own understanding is better?

which multi vitamin n supplement would you advise for a medium to large breed dog?
Re: Veterinary Doctor Available For Your Pet by jeff1607(m): 5:19pm On Mar 06, 2019
Alexbox:
If ur dog is an adult u can start with noodles mixed with fish meal,dry meat,soya meal very nutritious.the 2 vaccine are good it depends on how u preserve and administered it if u don't preserve it very well it will fail.u can give vitapet MULTIVITAMINS,or bullymax multivitamins depends on ur pocket. Thanks

please sir what is your school of thought on over vaccination, I mean in situations where we keep on vaccinating just to avoid stories that touch.

sir how many shots should a puppy receive before receiving the shot for anti-rabies ?
Re: Veterinary Doctor Available For Your Pet by Nobody: 6:00pm On Mar 06, 2019
Vaccinations against distemper and leptospirosis is around 6-18weeks.
U give antirabies 5-6month of age yearly.
jeff1607:

please sir what is your school of thought on over vaccination, I mean in situations where we keep on vaccinating just to avoid stories that touch.

sir how many shots should a puppy receive before receiving the shot for anti-rabies ?
Re: Veterinary Doctor Available For Your Pet by uctomide(m): 7:50pm On Mar 06, 2019
Alexbox:
Vaccinations against distemper and leptospirosis is around 6-18weeks.
U give antirabies 5-6month of age yearly.

mine took her first shot at 6 weeks.... noticed this evening her poo is watery and has a foul smell.

she has only eaten once today which is Pap.

Any suggestions plz
Re: Veterinary Doctor Available For Your Pet by Nobody: 8:10pm On Mar 06, 2019
uctomide:

mine took her first shot at 6 weeks.... noticed this evening her poo is watery and has a foul smell.

she has only eaten once today which is Pap.

Any suggestions plz
first shot stated @6weeks to 18weeks however, watery poo might be what she eat or something try deworming her. Thanks
Re: Veterinary Doctor Available For Your Pet by uctomide(m): 8:21pm On Mar 06, 2019
Alexbox:
first shot stated @6weeks to 18weeks however, watery poo might be what she eat or something try deworming her. Thanks

Thanks boss... I do appreciate your response
Re: Veterinary Doctor Available For Your Pet by Nobody: 8:58am On Mar 07, 2019
Morning all
Re: Veterinary Doctor Available For Your Pet by Nobody: 7:37am On Mar 15, 2019
Re: Veterinary Doctor Available For Your Pet by ogkreatives(m): 11:25pm On Mar 15, 2019
Hi. Please I’m having an issue with my 11 wks old boerboel. I initially thought she was sick because she was vomiting and unwilling to eat yesterday. But after studying her clearly, I think she has an upset stomach. What do you suggest I do to please.
Re: Veterinary Doctor Available For Your Pet by Bomae: 11:50pm On Mar 15, 2019
Join our telegran group to learn everythibg u need to knw abt dogs.

Loss of appetite in your dog is a serious sign that something is wrong. It’s unusual for a dog to refuse more than one or two meals and this can indicate anything from depression to disease. Sometimes a stressful situation or an upset stomach can be to blame, but these things are often resolved within a day. If more than 48 hours go by with your dog still refusing to eat, take them to the vet immediately.

Signs that ur dog has lost its appetite may include the following:

Eating less than usual

Refusing to eat at all

Not eating treats

Trying to eat, but not being able to finish a meal

Weight loss

Lack of energy

Vomiting

It may be that ur dog is not eating the recommended amount of food, but this is not a sign of loss of appetite if ur dog is generally a light eater or is small for its age or breed. The main concern is when a dog who is often enthusiastic about its food loses interests in it. This sudden loss of appetite is an indicator that something is wrong. It may be a sign that ur dog is sick and needs medical attention.

Treatment of Loss Of Appetite In Dogs

If ur dog is having difficulty eating, there are a few thing u can try at home to tempt them. U can try changing the food that you’re giving ur dog in case there is something in it that ur dog does not like. Some dog can eat a type of food today and would refuse same food the next day. If ur dog is like then uv got to give him a different meal everyday.

U can also try to warm the food a little or soften dried food by adding water to see if that makes it easier to eat and digest. Some dogs do respond to hand feeding.

There are also appetite boosting drugs that can be used to try to encourage ur dog to eat. Look for a multivitamin that has Vitamin B complex in it. Bully max is also known to increase appetite in dogs.

Deworm ur dogs. The first thing i do when my dogs loss appetite is to deworm. Look for a good one and administer based on body weight. It could be a reason y ur dog is not eaten.

Dental problems can also make ur dogs not not eat. When they are growing teeth it would surely affect their appetite.

viral infections such as distemper and parvo virus can also make ur dogs loss of appetite.

Other factors that can cause loss of appetite

Have meal time in dogs. If ur feeding by 9am make sure u keep to time, it helps alot. Feed adult dogs 2 times a day and puppies 3 times. U can also feed convalescents 3 times a day.

Join our telegran group to learn everythibg u need to knw abt dogs.

Re: Veterinary Doctor Available For Your Pet by Nobody: 1:11pm On Mar 16, 2019
ogkreatives:
Hi. Please I’m having an issue with my 11 wks old boerboel. I initially thought she was sick because she was vomiting and unwilling to eat yesterday. But after studying her clearly, I think she has an upset stomach. What do you suggest I do to please.
how did u no she had a running stomach
Re: Veterinary Doctor Available For Your Pet by Nobody: 2:01pm On Mar 18, 2019
Iii
Re: Veterinary Doctor Available For Your Pet by jeff1607(m): 2:42pm On Mar 18, 2019
Alexbox:
Iii

afternoon sir how does one correct bad pasterns for an adolescent pup ?

glascomine alone?
Re: Veterinary Doctor Available For Your Pet by ogkreatives(m): 9:36am On Mar 21, 2019
Alexbox:
how did u no she had a running stomach
She kept vomiting the dog food (Royal Canin). I think it was hard digesting it. So I fed her rice and fish only for 2-3 days and that was it.
Re: Veterinary Doctor Available For Your Pet by Nobody: 3:53pm On Mar 22, 2019
ogkreatives:

She kept vomiting the dog food (Royal Canin). I think it was hard digesting it. So I fed her rice and fish only for 2-3 days and that was it.
OK, try deworming her
Re: Veterinary Doctor Available For Your Pet by OsuGanja(m): 8:59pm On Mar 22, 2019
Dr Alex,nice one helping people out here”for free” you be correct guy... I noticed anytime my four month old boerboel urinates,she tends to have a tiny mucus like discharge on her vulva... What could it be ?
Re: Veterinary Doctor Available For Your Pet by Bomae: 9:56pm On Mar 22, 2019
Join our telegram grouo to learn everything u need to knw abt dogs.

FALSE OR PSEUDO-PREGNANCY IN FEMALE DOGS

False pregnancy, or pseudopregnancy, is the word used to denote a condition in a non-pregnant female dog that is showing symptoms and signs of pregnancy meanwhile she is not pregnant. Symptoms such as lactation, or nursing, without producing puppies. The female dog would show these symptoms about a month or two after her estrus (heat) is over. This is sometimes caused by hormonal imbalance. And sometimes this symptoms can last for more than a month.

SYMPTOMS AND TYPES

Non-pregnant female dog may show symptoms of mothering activity like nesting, and self-nursing,
Restlessness,
Abdominal distention,
Enlargement of mammary glands,
Vomiting,
Depression,
Loss of appetite (anorexia),
Brownish watery fluid or water secretion from the mammary glands which are all signs of real pregnancy

CAUSES
The exact cause for this condition is unknown but hormonal imbalance is one of the factors example such as homonal imbalance of progesterone and prolactin.

TREATMENT

If the symptoms persist invite ur vet. U can also give ur bitch hormonal supplements

Join our telegram group to learn everything u need to knw abt dogs.

Re: Veterinary Doctor Available For Your Pet by Nobody: 12:04pm On Mar 23, 2019
OsuGanja:
Dr Alex,nice one helping people out here”for free” you be correct guy... I noticed anytime my four month old boerboel urinates,she tends to have a tiny mucus like discharge on her vulva... What could it be ?
that might be a urinary tract infection. Treatment are combination of antibiotics drugs and injection.
Re: Veterinary Doctor Available For Your Pet by OsuGanja(m): 2:07pm On Mar 23, 2019
Alexbox:
that might be a urinary tract infection. Treatment are combination of antibiotics drugs and injection.

What antibiotics can you recommend?
Re: Veterinary Doctor Available For Your Pet by ogkreatives(m): 5:27pm On Mar 23, 2019
Alexbox:
OK, try deworming her

Thanks. I already did
Re: Veterinary Doctor Available For Your Pet by Derrils: 8:31am On Mar 26, 2019
We were offering veteran service for our Donskoy cat. That work. We also just started reading forums and useful articles about Donskoy. Thanks
Re: Veterinary Doctor Available For Your Pet by Nobody: 5:16pm On Mar 26, 2019
Derrils:
We were offering veteran service for our Donskoy cat. That work. We also just started reading forums and useful articles about Donskoy. Thanks
why can't u use ur brain and open ur thread

(1) (2) (Reply)

Amazing Photos Of Snake Attacking A Crocodile Then Swallowing It. [see Photos] / caucasian pup for 50k...... SOLD!!!! / Boerboel Puppies, 11 Weeks!!! Ready 4 New Homes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.