Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,961 members, 7,799,268 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:03 PM

Why Do Nigerian Motorists Keep Religious Books On Their Dashboards? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Nigerian Motorists Keep Religious Books On Their Dashboards? (12969 Views)

I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books / Man Burns The Holy Bible & Qur'an, Declares There's No Power In Religious Books / Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerian Motorists Keep Religious Books On Their Dashboards? by AutoJoshNG: 12:10pm On Mar 06, 2019
Indeed, it is very common to find motorists driving around with a copy of a religious book placed on their dashboards.

Sometimes, these books look like they have never been opened – let alone read – in this millennium.

So, one wonders if there is actually some secret benefit of permanently placing a religious book on the dashboard or a vehicle.

Or does putting the Bible, the Quoran or any religious material on your dashboard prevent a driver from having an accident or harm of any sort?

Chances are, it will not. If anything, you would probably be more likely to get in an accident with it on your dashboard since it would be a distraction as it slides back and forth.

Also, in the event of a sudden halt, while driving, there would be the possibility of it flying off to hit someone in the face or falling down and getting under the gas pedal (accelerator) or brake pedals.

It is advised not to place a book, or any other loose item, on your dashboard. You might just be asking for trouble if you do, or putting yourself in harm’s way.

Source:

https://autojosh.com/what-do-nigerian-motorists-benefit-from-keeping-a-religious-book-on-their-dashboards/

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Motorists Keep Religious Books On Their Dashboards? by HospitalityDiva(f): 12:10pm On Mar 06, 2019
Nice question. I would like to know too.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Motorists Keep Religious Books On Their Dashboards? by lordm(m): 12:13pm On Mar 06, 2019
So that they will not get accident

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Motorists Keep Religious Books On Their Dashboards? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Mar 06, 2019
lol. it is well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Motorists Keep Religious Books On Their Dashboards? by GOFRONT(m): 12:21pm On Mar 06, 2019
To clear village people away from the road...

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Motorists Keep Religious Books On Their Dashboards? by Larryfest(m): 12:22pm On Mar 06, 2019
Lol.....na over religiousness dey worry us for this country abeg, i had a new testament Bible plus a chain cross on my dashboard but that still didn't prevent the accident i had with that car..

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Motorists Keep Religious Books On Their Dashboards? by kiddoiLL(m): 12:31pm On Mar 06, 2019
It's the only Insurance they never have to pay for... while most white folks will Insure their cars and pay for it believing anything can happen, it's easier for us blacks to find the sense of relief in telling ourselves that with the Bible, or Quran on dashboards we are covered n insured by the blood of Jesus.
Truly Religions are killing us black folks, especially Africans, most especially Nigerians

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerian Motorists Keep Religious Books On Their Dashboards? by Immaculatesnow(m): 12:35pm On Mar 06, 2019
grin because they are all a product of the madness of their forfathers cheesy aka religious imbeciles

I need a verified Nigerian Adsense to buy asap

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Motorists Keep Religious Books On Their Dashboards? by eben1marketer: 1:48pm On Mar 06, 2019
Lol, nobody wan die.
Still looking for a reliable Web design company? Get your website done without advance payments. Check out our designs and details HERE

Re: Why Do Nigerian Motorists Keep Religious Books On Their Dashboards? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Mar 06, 2019
Safety, and maybe to let others know dia religion
Re: Why Do Nigerian Motorists Keep Religious Books On Their Dashboards? by kufre2010: 1:49pm On Mar 06, 2019
Is due to foolishness or ignorant, they thought the books have some spiritual power to protect them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Motorists Keep Religious Books On Their Dashboards? by kingola87(m): 1:50pm On Mar 06, 2019
Na just eye �‍� service jàre..
hubith:
Hkk
Re: Why Do Nigerian Motorists Keep Religious Books On Their Dashboards? by kingola87(m): 1:50pm On Mar 06, 2019
Na just eye �‍� service jàre..
Re: Why Do Nigerian Motorists Keep Religious Books On Their Dashboards? by eleojo23: 1:51pm On Mar 06, 2019
OP, you no know say arrows dey fly by day and night?

Those books are "demon and arrow deflectors"

Any arrow that comes, they deflect it grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Motorists Keep Religious Books On Their Dashboards? by HaryoBamex(m): 1:51pm On Mar 06, 2019
Dem no 1 die, and dey still 1 go heaven.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Motorists Keep Religious Books On Their Dashboards? by PureMind2: 1:52pm On Mar 06, 2019
I have dis on my dashboard so as to make reference each time I go for a program

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Motorists Keep Religious Books On Their Dashboards? by Originalsly: 1:52pm On Mar 06, 2019
Lol...some even have it opened to certain verses. Just hoping somebody with a Bible or two can come and explain.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Motorists Keep Religious Books On Their Dashboards? by superlanny(m): 1:53pm On Mar 06, 2019
People just dey decieve their self, do you know the number of cars that have had accidents with bibles and koran on their dashboard. The bible is just a book like any other book, printed and bound, same with the Koran, the important thing is the msg inside.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Motorists Keep Religious Books On Their Dashboards? by princegeo(m): 1:53pm On Mar 06, 2019
Mehn is there faith and it's no mans fucking business
Some people even use church stickers too

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Motorists Keep Religious Books On Their Dashboards? by jericco1(m): 1:53pm On Mar 06, 2019
go out there and make a survey, nairalanders won't give you what you're looking for.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Motorists Keep Religious Books On Their Dashboards? by calddon(m): 1:53pm On Mar 06, 2019
To save them from portholes and checkpoints grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Motorists Keep Religious Books On Their Dashboards? by revelation2013(m): 1:55pm On Mar 06, 2019
You are all wrong. I do it and not for all the reasons you guys have mentioned.

If you attend your church programs regularly especially midweek programs, and you have a car, you will want to have one bible permanently in your car. This will save you from not going to church with a Bible cause you can go to church from work or from anywhere else.

If you want to do the above where else would you rather keep your Bible? In the boot? On the floor of your car where it can get dirty or liquid gets spilt on it? Or in the car safe so you don't have to any more space for other things or on the sit where people will sit

I need answer to this.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Motorists Keep Religious Books On Their Dashboards? by Etuagievin(m): 1:55pm On Mar 06, 2019
For some its to preach the message. Merely seeing the caption already sent a message to the reader.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Motorists Keep Religious Books On Their Dashboards? by EmekaBlue(m): 1:56pm On Mar 06, 2019
God

You have to beleive in something and put your hope
Re: Why Do Nigerian Motorists Keep Religious Books On Their Dashboards? by Fidelismaria: 1:56pm On Mar 06, 2019
grin cheesy..

Na Mumu dey worry them
Re: Why Do Nigerian Motorists Keep Religious Books On Their Dashboards? by thebossagain: 1:59pm On Mar 06, 2019
My bible is on the locker in my car the one opposite the persenger sit on the front, i keep it there so that when ever I need to step in the church very easy and quick access .

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Motorists Keep Religious Books On Their Dashboards? by aguiyi2: 1:59pm On Mar 06, 2019
Most people that do this(religious stickers on dashboards) are criminals from the pit of hell.They do this to throw suspicion off them.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Motorists Keep Religious Books On Their Dashboards? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Mar 06, 2019
kiddoiLL:
It's the only Insurance they never have to pay for... while most white folks will Insure their cars and pay for it believing anything can happen, it's easier for us blacks to find the sense of relief in telling ourselves that with the Bible, or Quran on dashboards we are covered n insured by the blood of Jesus.
Truly Religions are killing us black folks, especially Africans, most especially Nigerians
you are pointless. Rubbish atheist.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Motorists Keep Religious Books On Their Dashboards? by NumbEmotions(m): 2:01pm On Mar 06, 2019
AutoJoshNG:
Indeed, it is very common to find motorists driving around with a copy of a religious book placed on their dashboards.

Sometimes, these books look like they have never been opened – let alone read – in this millennium.

So, one wonders if there is actually some secret benefit of permanently placing a religious book on the dashboard or a vehicle.

Or does putting the Bible, the Quoran or any religious material on your dashboard prevent a driver from having an accident or harm of any sort?

Chances are, it will not. If anything, you would probably be more likely to get in an accident with it on your dashboard since it would be a distraction as it slides back and forth.

Also, in the event of a sudden halt, while driving, there would be the possibility of it flying off to hit someone in the face or falling down and getting under the gas pedal (accelerator) or brake pedals.

It is advised not to place a book, or any other loose item, on your dashboard. You might just be asking for trouble if you do, or putting yourself in harm’s way.

Source:

https://autojosh.com/what-do-nigerian-motorists-benefit-from-keeping-a-religious-book-on-their-dashboards/

Go ask dem!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Face To Face With Hate Islamic Preacher, Professor Dauda Ojobi / 6 Days To The Appearance Of Jesus Christ (13th September 2015) / Are Long Prayers Usually The Most Effective?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.